Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

More Good News

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Guys, it's getting real. Demand has creeped up on us and now is poised to explode for the summer. I know the UA peeps are happy with their hiring announcement and that's great. All good news is good for everyone. You haven't heard much from AA lately as they play their cards close to the vest. However, look for some extremely good news coming out very soon. AA has been quietly managing their assets and capacity during the pandemic and are the best positioned out of the big 3 to blow past 2019 metrics. Trust me, the 1st quarter results are going to be eye popping in a good way.

The Envoy recruitment team in particular is in full battle plan mode as hiring looks to come back gangbusters very shortly. Good news for all the cadets out there plugging away waiting for AA to call for the class date. The only problem I foresee in the near future is the ability to find quality candidates as soon as the 3rd quarter of this year. It was already difficult in 2019 to find quality cadets to put into the pipeline program. I see that being even more difficult in the days ahead. Good problem to have though.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

You really have to define in detail what you consider quality. Quality is not what envoy has gotten overall.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Meanwhile two current and former MEC members are going to Atlas, and several other union volunteers to Spirit. Lots on LOA’s will be joining both F9 and NK and probably won’t be back. Envoy will be begging for street captains again by the fall. Pipeline guys will keep the right seats filled.

Level
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Meanwhile two current and former MEC members are going to Atlas, and several other union volunteers to Spirit. Lots on LOA’s will be joining both F9 and NK and probably won’t be back. Envoy will be begging for street captains again by the fall. Pipeline guys will keep the right seats filled.
    I'm not going to disagree that we will be needing pilots badly. For one, when AA opens hiring again, the flow through floodgates open up again causing the Envoy recruitment team to go into overdrive. I was personally advocating continuing to bring pipeline pilots aboard over the past year when no hiring was happening. This would have allowed Envoy to get the jump on quality applicants in addition to getting current pipeline guys in the right seat more time as needed to be able to take the upgrade. I lean heavily toward the pipeline as the wave of the future. The 1980s and 1990s military hire if you will has now turned to the pipeline pilot in the 2010s and 2020s. Obviously I'm biased having been around the program but still feel that a 100% pipeline seniority list at Envoy is in the cards in the future and that's absolutely the way to go. You would keep fresh, highly qualified guys rotating through as the flow through pushes everyone through. Getting rid of a lot of dead wood and lifer complainers would be helpful as well.

Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

AA can’t survive on Domestic travel only...International demand will hold the flow for a couple more years. Envoy is overstaffed, and a lot of Mainline flying is been transferred to JetBlue. AA paid $2B in debt to the government(wonder why?) but mortgaged their AAdvantage program. AA is still borrowing money. In 2020 they raised $40B and today they are down to $17B. Once they reach $8B, they will have to file for Bankruptcy protection. All they are doing is focusing on loads at $49.00-$79.00 one way while competing with Frontier & Spirit. Planes on domestic markets routes full of cheep fares will not cover the massive debt. Even with the government paying the payroll AA is still losing $30M a day. All contracts are open and still nobody is talking about negotiations. Planes were parked but not ALL planes will come back. AA will be 30% smaller once fully recovered, Doug Parker said. AA doesn’t have the cost structure to survive on Domestic demand only, unless they make deep cuts. And they will. Once again Doug Parker will succeed, this crisis is not going to waste.

Just Facts...

Management wants you to look in another direction...AA is not 15,000 pilots anymore and never will be again. “It’s Time” to right size the airline and Doug knows the time is NOW.

Like Dacuj said...”it’s getting real.”

If you want more facts...pm me.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 04-08-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    AA can’t survive on Domestic travel only...International demand will hold the flow for a couple more years. Envoy is overstaffed, and a lot of Mainline flying is been transferred to JetBlue. AA paid $2B in debt to the government(wonder why?) but mortgaged their AAdvantage program. AA is still borrowing money. In 2020 they raised $40B and today they are down to $17B. Once they reach $8B, they will have to file for Bankruptcy protection. All they are doing is focusing on loads at $49.00-$79.00 one way while competing with Frontier & Spirit. Planes on domestic markets routes full of cheep fares will not cover the massive debt. Even with the government paying the payroll AA is still losing $30M a day. All contracts are open and still nobody is talking about negotiations. Planes were parked but not ALL planes will come back. AA will be 30% smaller once fully recovered, Doug Parker said. AA doesn’t have the cost structure to survive on Domestic demand only, unless they make deep cuts. And they will. Once again Doug Parker will succeed, this crisis is not going to waste.

Just Facts...

Management wants you to look in another direction...AA is not 15,000 pilots anymore and never will be again. “It’s Time” to right size the airline and Doug knows the time is NOW.

Like Dacuj said...”it’s getting real.”

If you want more facts...pm me.
    ticket prices are creeping up. I saw as low as $39 in the middle of Covid. They just sent me early this month BOS-SEA and it was $124. They just booked me DFW to BOS tomorrow and it was $311.... assuming we get in from the East of 30 west on time. I have about a 3 hour window. There is a JB leaving earlier, too close for them to book, but I may be able to make that one and just JS home earlier.
    every AA flight this past 10 days, and I’ve had 4 so far has been full or very close to it. 57 open on the JB flight.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 04-10-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

At these prices its safer to buy a ticket and travel. Guess no pay raises

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

• Between Miami and Los Angeles we’re seeing economy fares of under $100, and business class fares of under $550
    • Between Miami and New York we’re seeing economy fares of under $80, and business class fares of under $250

https://onemileatatime.com/american-...-777-schedule/

What’s in your wallet?

Thread Information