Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 42/8
    Given: 1/1

Ignore User

Questions to ask Mr. Fabregas for the Town Hall on Monday

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I'll be on Reserve and likely flying during the DFW Town Hall on Monday, June 22nd (2:30PM). If any pilot attends, I'd like to know the answers to the following questions (feel free to add your own):

1. Why did Envoy not send the 5 promised Envoy pilots to AA via the 824 Flow Through Agreement for the month of June?

In an industry where every FFD carrier is attempting to retain and attract as many pilots as possible, Envoy's only commodity is it's Flow Through Programs. Currently, Envoy's Flow Through Programs seem intangible for prospective new hires because we have pilots with 17+ years of longevity still trying to flow and another 94% of our seniority list following right behind them. Even though the potential exists for Envoy's Flow Through Programs to realize much shorter time-to-flow progress, the validity of such projections is harmed by the flowthrough's inconsistencies, especially with recent developments.

Envoy originally projected 230ish Envoy pilots to flow to American Airlines in 2015. But largely due to AA recalls, Envoy is now projecting to flow 170ish pilots to mainline this year and the same number next year. Envoy did not have any pilots flow in March. Envoy did not have any pilots flow in June, even though we were originally told by AAG/Envoy Management June would have at least 5 Envoy pilots flow to AA. This inconsistency of our Flow Through Programs compounded by Management's trustworthiness (or lack thereof) proves to further erode the only commodity Envoy has to retain and attract pilots.

And it may be too late for Management to reverse course. Even if AAG/Envoy Management hope to repair these recent inconsistencies with Envoy's Flow Through Programs, it will require a long, consistent track record for potential new hires to see the Flow Through Programs as successful and viable.

So my follow up question is:

2. What is AAG/Envoy Managements proposed solution in fixing these inconsistencies with Envoy's Flow Through Programs?

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

3. What happened to the July monthly bid schedules?

Dee Temples, in attendance at the DFW LEC 083 March Meeting, stated that our schedules would see improvement with the new optimizing software (S3RUS) perhaps by June but definitely by July of this year. What happened? I know airline pilots like to complain, especially about our schedules. I also know that each month we are guilty of claiming this month's schedules are the worst ever. However, I can truly state with absolute certainty that the July 2015 monthly bid schedules are the worst schedules I've seen in my 10 years employment with this Company. The schedules for July lack any efficiency or productivity. WTF happened? Who or what is to blame (and don't give me the sound byte about the lack of CDO lines)?

And more importantly,

4. When can we expect to have significantly better (efficient, productive) monthly schedules?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

5. Why would a prospective new hire choose Envoy?

Prospective new hire pilots look at a host of different parameters when selecting their regional of choice. And let's face it, new hires today have a choice. Every FFD carrier is pining for warm bodies to sit in their cockpits. Because of these many opportunities, pilots can be more selective today than ever.

Many prospective new hires will choose a carrier based on relative time-to-upgrade. New hires have traditionally followed the quick upgrade. Always have, always will. Because Envoy will not have a quick upgrade in the near future, pilots seeking a quick upgrade will not give Envoy a second thought.

Another reason pilots choose their carrier of choice is availability of domiciles. When Envoy had 6 domiciles to choose from, it was easier attracting new hires from those different regions of the country. Now that we are down to two centrally located domiciles, we have a more difficult time attracting pilots who live closer to either coast.

Flow Through Programs have the ability to attract pilots. And when considering the other FFD carriers, Envoy has seen more pilots flow to mainline via a flowthrough than any other carrier. However, the problem with our flowthrough currently is prospective new hires see that we have pilots with 17+ years of longevity still trying to flow and another 94% of our seniority list following right behind them. Even though the potential exists for Envoy's Flow Through Programs to realize much shorter time-to-flow progress, new hires are looking at what the program is doing today, not what it is doing 6 years from now since numerous variables could alter those projections. Additionally, the validity of such projections is harmed by the flowthrough's inconsistencies due to AAG/Envoy's mismanagement of our flowthough, especially with recent developments. So our flowthrough is not bringing pilots here en masse.

Another reason pilots make a determination of which carrier they will fly for is on another pilot's recommendation. Look at SkyWest. They have traditionally been known for their good relationship between their employees and managers. This is the reason why many pilots who work at SkyWest recommend their carrier to other pilots. Even when they lacked a quick upgrade during this last recession, pilots still were flocking to SkyWest because of generally positive work culture. When was the last time an Envoy pilot (not in recruitment) recommended Envoy to a prospective new hire? Why would they do that? Current Envoy pilots have seen their quality of life suffer over the past two and a half years. Schedules are the worst in 10 years, pilots are receiving punitive action (MA) for calling in fatigued, pilots have to fight with PayComp each month to receive their proper pay, Management has broken its promise with the flowthrough (June), more pilots are commuting because of the closure of 4 domiciles in 3 years, and I could go on. Employee morale is the worst I've seen it. Unless Management is willing to address and fix these problems, I wouldn't count on the average Envoy pilot putting on his recruiter hat.

Which leads me to ask,

6. What tangible news or substantive information can you provide to Envoy pilots or prospective Envoy pilots to prove this carrier has a successful future ahead of it?

Company
    Oh boy...
    Base
    On my 4th one.
    Job
    Unrewarding
    A/C Flown
    C-152,172,182,340 PA-140 BE-76 SF340, EMB 145
    Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 220/31
    Given: 36/1

Ignore User

7. Dafuq, man?

Seriously.

Well?
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/2

Ignore User

Who will have the nerve to ask these questions in person? It seems most people have a little Chuck Norris in them when chatting on the social boards and in person they tuck their tail and run. I hope someone calls MGT out on their blatant lies!

Company
    Oh boy...
    Base
    On my 4th one.
    Job
    Unrewarding
    A/C Flown
    C-152,172,182,340 PA-140 BE-76 SF340, EMB 145
    Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 220/31
    Given: 36/1

Ignore User

As if any of these questions are secrets? We all know that these social media boards are watched and read. They know. That's why when these questions are asked in real life the answer will be the same: Answer the question without really answering the question while paying lip-service to the great future we have ahead of us. While I like seeing everyone's thought processes and which questions they deem most important I sincerely doubt, if they do get posed to management, that we will have any real answers. Color me shocked if we get some real information.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/2

Ignore User

When Brian Williams embellished the truth he got a six month suspension and demoted. What has the company done to make Envoy Air a leading place to work? I do not want to hear what MGT has done in the past either. I would like factual details about a fleet plan, attracting pilots and flow from this day forward. What is MGT going to do to fix this problem they have created?
    Last edited by Airfoil; 06-22-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/2
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Was anything worthwhile shared at the town hall or was it just the standard garbage?

Company
    Low cost, low pay, low expectations
    Base
    ORD
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    Jetstream, ATR, Embraer, Bombardier
    Divorces
    None
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 13/0

Ignore User

Is it true managers asked pilots to stop bad mouthing Envoy on social media?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 59/5

Ignore User

This place needs a good mutiny right about now.

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 64/1
    Given: 23/0

Ignore User

who cares? Until they quit being such adversarial pricks and actually improve QOL for a change, it's not so much bad mouthing as it is being truthful.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Truth hurts. Tell mgt suck it up and grow up. Pri cks

Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Anyone else heard we are keeping around 34 700s until 2017? Something to do with PSA unable to do the Aspen flying. Think that's what mgmt said at the ORD town hall meeting, and I guess they were not supposed to tell us that info.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Everyone has known psa cannot get faa approval for aspen. They cited training issues I believe.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer View Post
    Is it true managers asked pilots to stop bad mouthing Envoy on social media?
    My understanding is they tried to shift some blame for recruiting efforts to rampant "bad press" from existing and former pilots on the multiple social media outlets and forums.

Total BS

If they don't want the bad wrap, then fix the QOL issues we've been telling them to fix

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr25cents View Post
    Anyone else heard we are keeping around 34 700s until 2017? Something to do with PSA unable to do the Aspen flying. Think that's what mgmt said at the ORD town hall meeting, and I guess they were not supposed to tell us that info.
    35, it's true, and I'm surprised they said it publicly before they actually had to.

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    DFW
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    EMJ
    Divorces
    0 & never will
    Level
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/11
    Given: 25/5

Ignore User

Are we adequately staffed for this flying, and the training bubble we are about to experience? Is our Union leadership ready for the company not to live up to the flow agreement? If staffing dictates, I bet there will not be thirty accepts in November with our first E175.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/1

Ignore User

Add it to the growing bonfire of grievous behavior

Job
    CA
    A/C Flown
    EMB
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 202/5
    Given: 132/2

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by tsuda View Post
    Are we adequately staffed for this flying, and the training bubble we are about to experience? Is our Union leadership ready for the company not to live up to the flow agreement? If staffing dictates, I bet there will not be thirty accepts in November with our first E175.
    IIRC, forced displacements into a new airframe would be an Eagle/Envy first.

As for all this "good news" of delayed transfers of equipment; nothing I've seen said it's a cancellation, only a delay of company plans to downsize Envoy to some unspecified number. My guess is between 1500-2000. If that happens, reducing upgrade time will be difficult for several years to come.
    Ego Credam Ubi Vidi
    I'll believe it when I see it

Job
    CA
    A/C Flown
    EMB
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 202/5
    Given: 132/2

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA View Post
    who cares? Until they quit being such adversarial pricks and actually improve QOL for a change, it's not so much bad mouthing as it is being truthful.
    QOL is obviously a huge issue. Long reserve times, low time lines for line holders, lines with low purity, little cadence and minimum days off. It's the worse I've ever seen it in 24 years at Eagle and there's no reason to think it will change at all this year or even in 2016. This doesn't even touch on the major factor that in the past few years we've closed LAX, SJU, MIA and, soon, JFK/LGA leaving only two Envoy domiciles and the vast majority of our crew members commuting for crappy, non-commutable lines.

Another factor is loss of benefits; especially our medical plan. We pay more for less. Meanwhile, other employees at AAG are seeing their pay nearly doubled, better benefits and better QOL.

Why management would expect employees to be happy at Envoy or why new hires would be interested in coming here is puzzling. They can't even use the "We're the only DFW-based regional" excuse anymore. Threats of "Comair II", intimidation, violation of contracts and continuing to pummel the employee group by nickel-and-diming them to death has created a very low moral situation among all the employees I've seen in the hubs and outstations.

The company has what it wants: an employee group which has been beaten into the ground. Now they wonder why nobody wants to come to Envoy and blame the employees? WTFO?
    Ego Credam Ubi Vidi
    I'll believe it when I see it

Thread Information