Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Tony G. is bragging about the concessionary contract.

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    Eagle
    Base
    DFW
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    EMJ
    Divorces
    0 & never will
    Posts
    527
    Level
    78
    Points: 14,466, Level: 78
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/11
    Given: 25/5

    Ignore User

    Tony G. is bragging about the concessionary contract.


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It seems our former MEC leadership is profiting from our misfortune. Tony G., Dave R. And Doug G. have started their own company. Tony seems especially proud of the fact he helped ushered in a concessionary contract. Here's a link to their web site, http://www.collaborativelabor.com.
    Here is excerpt from Tony's bio, and it seems he did not have the pilot's interests at heart. I guess it hard when you're a drunk.


    "In 2009, he was elected Chairman for the governing body of the union at his airline and was re-elected to the same position in 2011. During this time, he participated in negotiating a tentative agreement which resulted in significant savings for the corporation and positioned it for a planned divestiture from the parent. Cost savings were achieved through innovative ideas on how to better business and labor practices."
    "Tony has focused on working with management to find creative solutions."

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    Eagle
    Base
    ORD
    A/C Flown
    Jungle Jet
    Posts
    593
    Level
    84
    Points: 17,648, Level: 84
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/6
    Given: 5/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Does anyone have access to sosdirect in Texas. I would be interested in knowing when they filed for incorporation. If it's prior to their leaving office they could have some personal liability for possible misrepresentation and COI

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    26
    Level
    18
    Points: 1,106, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 41.7%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/1
    Given: 1/0

    Ignore User

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    YHGTBFSM. My blood is boiling. Dear Santa, what I would give for just 5 minutes in a dark alley with Tony, Doug and Dave. Bunch of slimy, dishonest, two-timing, back-stabbing scumbags. There just is no justice in this world.

  4. #4
    Registered User Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    283
    Level
    36
    Points: 3,425, Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 142/56
    Given: 76/32

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
    YHGTBFSM. My blood is boiling. Dear Santa, what I would give for just 5 minutes in a dark alley with Tony, Doug and Dave. Bunch of slimy, dishonest, two-timing, back-stabbing scumbags. There just is no justice in this world.
    Do not forget Brian Sweep. He is part of that outfit as well. His name and picture have been left off for now because he holds ALPA office.

    Why this MEC allows this type of abuse to occur is beyond me, but Sweep should be removed immediately. He gets paid 95 hours of CRJ captain pay (he is an EMB pilot) to STAY AT HOME. That's right, he stays home. He probably spends more time trying to raise business for the little pro-management "consulting" firm than working on grievances, but hey, this is ok with the MEC, so it should be ok with the pilots.

    Shameful representation by ALPA.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Cujo665's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Posts
    2,357
    Level
    100
    Points: 43,537, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Do not forget Brian Sweep. He is part of that outfit as well. His name and picture have been left off for now because he holds ALPA office.

    Why this MEC allows this type of abuse to occur is beyond me, but Sweep should be removed immediately. He gets paid 95 hours of CRJ captain pay (he is an EMB pilot) to STAY AT HOME. That's right, he stays home. He probably spends more time trying to raise business for the little pro-management "consulting" firm than working on grievances, but hey, this is ok with the MEC, so it should be ok with the pilots.

    Shameful representation by ALPA.
    His replacement is being trained, and has been for a few months.
    All good things take time grasshopper. We can't undue years of mismanagement in 4 months.
    _______________________________________________

  6. #6
    Registered User Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    283
    Level
    36
    Points: 3,425, Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 142/56
    Given: 76/32

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    His replacement is being trained, and has been for a few months.
    All good things take time grasshopper. We can't undue years of mismanagement in 4 months.
    That is a CROC of CRAP, and you KNOW It.

    Sweep wanted to resign to take his place on the masthead beside Little Tony, Davey and Dougy, but YOU ALL retained him. Sweep agreed to stay on the proviso that he be allowed to remain at home, and NOT come to Texas or the MEC Office.

    The question is, why was he retained? Don't hand us the line about "no one qualified to replace him...." There are other fine grievance guys that could have done a better job than that moron, they wouldn't have demanded CRJ wages, and they WOULD have worked from the MEC Office, with the attorneys, as expected.

    Why are you misleading the pilots, grasshopper?

  7. #7
    Registered User Beagleboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,129
    Level
    76
    Points: 13,876, Level: 76
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsuda View Post
    It seems our former MEC leadership is profiting from our misfortune. Tony G., Dave R. And Doug G. have started their own company. Tony seems especially proud of the fact he helped ushered in a concessionary contract. Here's a link to their web site, http://www.collaborativelabor.com.
    Here is excerpt from Tony's bio, and it seems he did not have the pilot's interests at heart. I guess it hard when you're a drunk.


    "In 2009, he was elected Chairman for the governing body of the union at his airline and was re-elected to the same position in 2011. During this time, he participated in negotiating a tentative agreement which resulted in significant savings for the corporation and positioned it for a planned divestiture from the parent. Cost savings were achieved through innovative ideas on how to better business and labor practices."
    "Tony has focused on working with management to find creative solutions."
    Three letters for you guys.

    D-F-R.

    This is a tacit admission to exactly what he believed his fiefdoms primary responsibility and goal was - "savings for the corporation". The proof is the result you now live under and that is NOT the goal or responsibility of a labor union. Time to hold him, Larry and Curly (among others) responsible for the consequences of their decisions and actions. If not, this pilot group has no right to complain about anything.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    Eagle
    Base
    DFW
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    EMJ
    Divorces
    0 & never will
    Posts
    527
    Level
    78
    Points: 14,466, Level: 78
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/11
    Given: 25/5

    Ignore User

    -1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cujo, is the union looking into a DFR?

  9. #9
    Registered User Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    283
    Level
    36
    Points: 3,425, Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 142/56
    Given: 76/32

    Ignore User

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsuda View Post
    Cujo, is the union looking into a DFR?
    Perhaps you misunderstand DFR.

    It is the UNION (including representatives like Cujo) who would be held liable in a Federal Court for VIOLATING the union's Duty of Fair Representation (DFR) responsibility.

    Why on earth would Cujo be "looking into" a legal action for which HE and others would be held LIABLE?

    Please read up on DFR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_of...representation

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    Eagle
    Base
    DFW
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    EMJ
    Divorces
    0 & never will
    Posts
    527
    Level
    78
    Points: 14,466, Level: 78
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/11
    Given: 25/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You're right, I was uninformed. Thanks for the brief synopsis. Still, I would love to burn those guys.

  11. #11
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9
    Level
    13
    Points: 660, Level: 13
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 1/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I say go to the email and send them a message. Tell them what you think!

    Dave's Bio: "When Dave assumed his role as vice chairman, his airline had a reputation for housing one of the worst management-labor relationships in the industry. Upon leaving his position eleven years later, his airline holds a reputation for one of the most successful and collaborative relationships in the industry"

    GMAFB
    Last edited by dynomonkey; 12-23-2013 at 07:43 PM.

  12. #12
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,075
    Level
    100
    Points: 36,484, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    but the pilots hate the union b and management equally. Liars til they die

  13. #13
    Super Moderator Cujo665's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Posts
    2,357
    Level
    100
    Points: 43,537, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    That is a CROC of CRAP, and you KNOW It.

    Sweep wanted to resign to take his place on the masthead beside Little Tony, Davey and Dougy, but YOU ALL retained him. Sweep agreed to stay on the proviso that he be allowed to remain at home, and NOT come to Texas or the MEC Office.

    The question is, why was he retained? Don't hand us the line about "no one qualified to replace him...." There are other fine grievance guys that could have done a better job than that moron, they wouldn't have demanded CRJ wages, and they WOULD have worked from the MEC Office, with the attorneys, as expected.

    Why are you misleading the pilots, grasshopper?
    I know his replacement personally. Forgive me if I trust the guy I helped put there, when he tells me that he still needs Sweep.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 12-23-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    _______________________________________________

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Base
    Texaaasss now...
    A/C Flown
    airline pilot
    Posts
    702
    Level
    54
    Points: 6,900, Level: 54
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 94/13
    Given: 929/68

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    He still needs sweep???

  15. #15
    Registered User Grimreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    415
    Level
    44
    Points: 4,843, Level: 44
    Overall activity: 41.7%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 142/43
    Given: 62/19

    Ignore User

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdflyer View Post
    Does anyone have access to sosdirect in Texas. I would be interested in knowing when they filed for incorporation. If it's prior to their leaving office they could have some personal liability for possible misrepresentation and COI
    http://http://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas/Double-Oak/david-a-ryter/139422678.aspx

    Monday, July 29, 2013.

    While Ryter, Gutierrez and Gibbs were on full-time union leave.

    And you wonder why the Eagle pilots are being currently threatened. Ryter, Gutierrez and Gibbs were establishing their bona-fides that they were a "collaborative labor" useful tool for and on behalf of regional airline managements since July 2013.

    There can be no doubt whatsoever that Ryter, Gutierrez and Gibbs did not vigorously negotiate for or enforce the Eagle pilot's contractual rights. An organization cannot simultaneously attract corporate clients while vigorously representing labor.

    Ryter, Gutierrez and Gibbs, and whoever is still hiding in the shadows, like Brian Sweep, were being paid by pilot dues dollars and required by law, in the positions they held, to represent the Eagle pilots, and not pimp for airline managements.

    Every Eagle pilot needs to demand ALPA President Lee Moak launch an investigation into how this occurred. Undoubtedly the Eagle pilots were severely harmed by ALPA during this period while the MEC Officers and MEC Negotiating Committee Chairman were shilling for corporate clients. Their own words, in their self-written biographies, on their corporate website confirm the above.
    Last edited by Grimreaper; 12-24-2013 at 12:13 PM.

  16. #16
    Registered User Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    283
    Level
    36
    Points: 3,425, Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 142/56
    Given: 76/32

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsuda View Post
    You're right, I was uninformed. Thanks for the brief synopsis. Still, I would love to burn those guys.
    You and me both, brother.

    The fact is, though, that pilots can and should write to lee.moak@alpa.org and demand an investigation into how this occured. These guys were on full time union leave to represent the pilots, but were instead out forming an LLC and dialing for corporate dollars.

    This is a real problem for the National union, but only if the AE pilots make it a problem....

    As for the gentlemen involved, they are worthy of only your contempt.

  17. #17
    Registered User Beagleboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,129
    Level
    76
    Points: 13,876, Level: 76
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    http://http://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas/Double-Oak/david-a-ryter/139422678.aspx

    Monday, July 29, 2013.

    While Ryter, Gutierrez and Gibbs were on full-time union leave.

    And you wonder why the Eagle pilots are being currently threatened. Ryter, Gutierrez and Gibbs were establishing their bona-fides that they were a "collaborative labor" useful tool for and on behalf of regional airline managements since July 2013.

    There can be no doubt whatsoever that Ryter, Gutierrez and Gibbs did not vigorously negotiate for or enforce the Eagle pilot's contractual rights. An organization cannot simultaneously attract corporate clients while vigorously representing labor.

    Ryter, Gutierrez and Gibbs, and whoever is still hiding in the shadows, like Brian Sweep, were being paid by pilot dues dollars and required by law, in the positions they held, to represent the Eagle pilots, and not pimp for airline managements.

    Every Eagle pilot needs to demand ALPA President Lee Moak launch an investigation into how this occurred. Undoubtedly the Eagle pilots were severely harmed by ALPA during this period while the MEC Officers and MEC Negotiating Committee Chairman were shilling for corporate clients. Their own words, in their self-written biographies, on their corporate website confirm the above.
    I'd argue their self-serving actions began at least when they handed over Eagle pilots last remaining tool of leverage (scope transfer rights) years ago. They didn't decide this path of personal gain overnight one day before incorporating.

    AFAIC, this is a smoking gun that ties everything they've done corruption-wise into a solid foundation for a DFR suit against ALPA. Why Eagle pilots continue to wallow in apathetic paralysis regarding defending themselves againt some of the most rampant corruption in labor history is beyond my comprehension.

    You need a group of pilots to nut up fast, spend a few dollars and make ALPA along with Calcium, Lime & Rust accountable for their actions.

  18. #18
    Registered User Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    283
    Level
    36
    Points: 3,425, Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 142/56
    Given: 76/32

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    American Eagle pilots should request the documents from ALPA that Ryter, Gutless, Gibbs, et al were required to file under the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA).

    The requirements (in part) are reprinted here:

    Form LM-30 (Union officers and employees). The LMRDA requires public disclosure of certain financial transactions and financial interests of labor organization officers and employees and their spouses and minor children. Every labor organization officer or employee (other than an employee performing clerical or custodial services exclusively) who has engaged in any such transaction or has any such interest during the fiscal year must file a detailed report with the Secretary of Labor.


    The reporting requirements only relate to the disclosure of specified financial transactions and interests. The reporting requirements do not address whether such economic interests are lawful or unlawful. The fact that a particular financial transaction or interest is or is not required to be reported is not indicative of whether it is or is not subject to any legal prohibition; this must be tested by provisions of law other than those prescribing the reports.


    The types of financial transactions and interests which must be reported can be found in the Form LM-30 and include:


    Legal and equitable interests in, transactions with, and economic benefits from an employer whose employees his/her union represents or seeks to represent
    Legal and equitable interests in, transactions with, and economic benefits from certain businesses which deal with the business of the employer whose employees the union represents or seeks to represent, or which deals with the union or a trust in which the labor organization is interested
    Certain income and other economic benefits received from certain other employers or labor relations consultants

    The completed Form LM-30 and any additional pages must be mailed to the following address:


    U.S. Department of Labor
    Office of Labor-Management Standards
    200 Constitution Avenue, NW, Room N-1519
    Washington, DC 20210

    All AE pilots should write to lee.moak@alpa.org and demand copies of the above required filings.

    It is possible that criminal acts have occurred here, and this cannot be ignored.
    Last edited by Nemesis; 12-24-2013 at 04:22 PM.

  19. #19
    Registered User Grimreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    415
    Level
    44
    Points: 4,843, Level: 44
    Overall activity: 41.7%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 142/43
    Given: 62/19

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The following statement is from the Collaborative Labor Relations Group website, just above the mug-shots of Gutierrez, Ryter and Gibbs.

    A Unique Philosophy

    Collaborative Labor Relations Group is not your typical labor consulting agency. Our consultants are previous labor leaders who have a proven track record of building and maintaining a collaborative relationship between management and labor. In far too many cases, labor is viewed as a road block to success when in fact, engaged properly, can be a corporation?s greatest asset. CLR consultants are available to help you build that relationship on solid footing with mutual respect, that will endure through challenging negotiations and corporate profitability cycles.


    previous labor leaders! - they were lying, they were in office at the time. Maybe not leaders, but still in office.

    CLR consultants are available.... - soliciting clients while they were required by law to represent the Eagle pilots.

    Did ALPA National know, when did it know, and what is it going to do to correct the harm to the Eagle pilots?

    Every Agreement, Letter of Agreement and/or Letter of Understanding that Ryter, Gutierrez and Gibbs signed/negotiated/advocated MUST be called into question.

    The Eagle 401(k) - ALPA never filed a MEC grievance.
    The transfer of every American Eagle Airlines aircraft to American Airlines.
    The concessionary 8-year agreement obtained through a bankruptcy Section 1113 threat.
    PBS - agreeing to "fine" the Eagle pilots 5% of their earnings if PBS is not agreed to by the Eagle pilots.

    How long were Ryter, Gutierrez and Gibbs working on their Collaborative Labor Relations - way back when they agreed in the Nicolau Arbitrations to withhold the Letter 3 pilots from transferring to American Airlines?

  20. #20
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,075
    Level
    100
    Points: 36,484, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I agree with grim.


    People wanted to know how they were being paid off or be paid off by management for selling the eagle pilots down the shi tter with alpa blessing now you know. There consulting group will get paid by aag management for future services meaning Past services for management while holding union leadership positions. Sound illegal to me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •