PDA

View Full Version : "New" Bone-us Plan

KEITH STONE
09-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Max payout of $225 per quarter? Really??? $35 a month? Why do they even bother with this nonsense? Are they really dumb enough to believe that ANYONE is motivated by a $35 bonus considering what the salaried employees get?

You throw some real money at the pilots for saving fuel and getting out on time, and this puppy will run like clockwork. Instead, they give me a maximum of $225 over a three month period.

This does absolutely nothing to lift my morale, and motivate me to do my 110%. They are just wasting money.

ardvark
09-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Motivated me to a max 35% per month

Highflyer1980
09-04-2013, 03:43 PM
I honestly consider this an insult. Management just does not get it. Even if it was 225 per month, my morale will still suffer with the loss of having to make a lateral move and start all over again after eagle crumbs to oblivion.

Jdflyer
09-04-2013, 03:48 PM
$225 per quarter is $75/mo.

We can make more money by being late.
FO @ $40/hr. (0.67/min.)
Average 4 legs a day
Average 14 days off a month (30 day month)
16 days * 4 legs = 64 legs a month
leave on time and arrive 2 mins late is 128 mins a month extra pay
=$85.76/mo or $257.28/quarter.

Now just wait for the deicing to start!

Royer
09-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Ha! JD, I was just thinking the same thing. I can make more than that by resetting the brake every minute when the bridge driver isn't there.

Highflyer1980
09-04-2013, 05:21 PM
$225 per quarter is $75/mo.

We can make more money by being late.
FO @ $40/hr. (0.67/min.)
Average 4 legs a day
Average 14 days off a month (30 day month)
16 days * 4 legs = 64 legs a month
leave on time and arrive 2 mins late is 128 mins a month extra pay
=$85.76/mo or $257.28/quarter.

Now just wait for the deicing to start!

Haha!!!! Thanks, I needed that.

Flugschlafen
09-04-2013, 05:38 PM
That's awesome, JD. Thanks for doing the numbers. It really puts into perspective how little they think of us and how they'll spare no chance to do the least they can for the employees.

stickpussher
09-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Just remember a taxi speed is no faster than a fast walk.

Flugschlafen
09-04-2013, 07:28 PM
BTW, this isn't the "profit sharing" portion of our new contract is it?

KEITH STONE
09-04-2013, 08:25 PM
It really puts into perspective how little they think of us and how they'll spare no chance to do the least they can for the employees.

Well said.

Nothing wrong with tittle either.

Highflyer1980
09-04-2013, 08:55 PM
BTW, this isn't the "profit sharing" portion of our new contract is it?

Better not be. I can see the connection but they are calling this a performance bonus. Not profit.

Cousin Eddie
09-05-2013, 09:01 AM
What's next? Paying us in AAdvantage miles?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

davie7ee
09-05-2013, 11:00 AM

That made me laugh

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

stickpussher
09-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Don't laugh. Thats the way they use to do it. Oh and a free Turkey on Christmas.

davie7ee
09-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Don't laugh. Thats the way they use to do it. Oh and a free Turkey on Christmas.

Until they realised we were all knowingly eating from the same place

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Flugschlafen
09-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Every time you get food in the crew room (as rare as that is) that rule gets broken.

Slick Willie Loman
09-07-2013, 03:09 PM

They already do, at least for the flight attendant's when it comes to those Applause certificates for good c/s given from the EP/PL/AG and such. For doing good customer service that it stands out to a frequent flyer, they give a certificate and after registering it, you get a atta boy in the Connection paper, and entered for a drawing (not given but entered into a drawing) for 25,000 AAdvantage miles. Not a extra paid vacation day, or a finical reward, nope AAdvantage miles with blackouts and all the rest. That there sir is how your suppose to motivate..

KEITH STONE
09-07-2013, 08:36 PM
I'd take 25000 miles over $225 per quarter.

davie7ee
09-07-2013, 08:52 PM
I'd take 25000 miles over $225 per quarter.

Just entered into a lottery. I'd take the cash from these lot

Go Pound Sand
09-08-2013, 06:45 AM
I'd rather get paid in miles for a real airline.Delta or United comes to mind.

Grimreaper
09-10-2013, 10:01 PM
You guys are blowing smoke again. It does not take much to get you all back peddling away on the little corporate hamster wheel like rats in a cage.

A month ago the performance metrics were in the toilet and Papa Flaggergast put the message out to get the performance metrics out of the gutter.

A month ago

D-0 was 56, today it is 75
A+14 was 66, today it is 85

and the following message appeared in the Eaglewire of September 9.

Congratulations LGA on a Perfect Day
Congratulations to the American Eagle team at New York?s LaGuardia Airport for a perfect operating day on a busy Friday, Sept. 6. LGA finished the day with a perfect, 100 percent, D-O, T-O (the new turn time metric), START and completion factor. Our compliments to everyone at LGA for a job well done!

What changed for you Eagle pilots from August 9 to September 9? Was it a bunch of empty promises about the imminent transfer of the 824 to AA, or was it the promise of a new bonus scam of a few pitiful dollars, or maybe it was the PBS trial? Something got you guys, for all your brash talk on this forum, to start peddling like crazy. The performance metrics do not lie.

That is why management treats you all with such distain and contempt. You are easily bought and bent over.

A senior AE executive once commented that he could easily gauge the mood of the pilots.
If the pilots were somewhat happy, they would write-up mx discrepancies in the domicile,
If the pilots were unhappy, they would write up the mx discrepancies at an out-station,
If the pilots were angry, they would write up the mx discrepancies at an international out-station.

Management does not care what the pilot rhetoric is, management only cares about performance, and judging from the performance of the Eagle pilots over the last month, when the empty promises began, the American Eagle pilots are happy. A Perfect Day is LGA would never happen if the pilots were angry, so stop with the rhetoric and bravado.

KEITH STONE
09-11-2013, 06:34 AM
If I pull up to the gate, and the ground crew is ready, what am I supposed to do? That's not on the pilots. I have changed nothing. In fact, with the high temps at DFW, I've been burning fuel like crazy.

Layman
09-11-2013, 07:19 AM
If I pull up to the gate, and the ground crew is ready, what am I supposed to do? That's not on the pilots. I have changed nothing. In fact, with the high temps at DFW, I've been burning fuel like crazy.

Yeah, I noticed that the other 50% of the equation started doing their jobs. Like being there to leave, to park, to bring the jet bridge up etc. This really had nothing to do with the pilots in my opinion. But some how we are always the scape goat on everything.

stickpussher
09-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Not a day gos by where I here some crew asking for catering or fuel or rampers or jetbridge driver. not all these crews are trying to get to a hot date or a commute. Do YOUR job not everybody else's... F... this place.

KEITH STONE
09-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Not a day gos by where I here some crew asking for catering or fuel or rampers or jetbridge driver. not all these crews are trying to get to a hot date or a commute. Do YOUR job not everybody else's... F... this place.

So, as long as you have a hot date or commute, it's OK to move things along? Do your job when? When it's convenient, or will gain personally?

Ever sat on the ramp, waiting on a gate, and see your commuting flight push while the flight on your gate sits for some superfluous reason?

Personally, I don't care which side you choose, because it doesn't matter, but don't be a hypocrite.

I highly doubt the recent spate of "better" performance has much to do with the pilot group. Apparently the carrot of $225 every three months is enough to motivate some. It's 46 minutes of work per month at my rate, and I couldn't care less. Just give it to our FOs who earn it.

Highflyer1980
09-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Honestly you guys are getting worked up over one day. Out of 365 days in the year. The impact will be negligible of LGA glorious perfect day. Whatever.

You can make crap better by making it sound rosey and great. This is managements downfall. They are trying to get us on the right track for the wrong reasons. I say if you perform your trip on time? Great. I don't care.

Jdflyer
09-11-2013, 12:28 PM
At the end of the day we just need to do our job. I operated my first flight on time in six weeks yesterday. Did I go out of my way? Did I cut corners to try and make it happen? No. I showed up when I was supposed too. The aircraft arrived on time. No discrepancies were found on the preflight. We were boarded quickly. Fuel was a little late but done before 10prior to push. Ground crew was on the headset and ready for me when we closed the door and completed are checklist.

I flew the planned speed .72. Not too many delay vectors landed on a prefered runway with no body blocking the alley. Rampers were there and the gate agent. I didn't go out of my way, I did my job to ensure my passengers got to there destination as safely as I could.

Jdflyer
09-11-2013, 12:35 PM
My earlier point on the bonus program is really just a way of pointing out what a joke the program really is for us. They created a program that instead of customizing it for each group to make it significant and incentivising, really is more of a joke and with any critical thinking is not worth much other then getting a check for $225 with the word Bonus next to it. Big Deal!

KEITH STONE
09-11-2013, 01:57 PM
My earlier point on the bonus program is really just a way of pointing out what a joke the program really is for us. They created a program that instead of customizing it for each group to make it significant and incentivising, really is more of a joke and with any critical thinking is not worth much other then getting a check for $225 with the word Bonus next to it. Big Deal!

I think the new profit sharing that is in our concessionary contract is based on pay level, but this bonus is really no different than then already useless and disregarded program of the last several years. I have argued(mostly with myself) that the company would be better off saving the $225 per employee and putting it into something useful. It isn't enough to get anyone off food stamps or pay their VISA, so it is highly ineffective. I'm sure some bean counter came up with this number as a compromise between performance and payout, but I can assure them that 95% of the employees don't think twice about it. Mine goes straight into the 401K.

It would take a minimum of $1000 to exact any performance gains, and at that level, they simply won't afford it.

Typical AE management. They must think that Walmart takes "Great job" and "Way to go" as payment for our families needs.

stickpussher
09-11-2013, 02:30 PM
I do MY job 100% of the time. And yes it is all about me.. You will miss or not, your next commute if im in the middle of my 4 day...what a rookie statement...

KEITH STONE
09-11-2013, 03:22 PM
I do MY job 100% of the time. And yes it is all about me.. You will miss or not, your next commute if im in the middle of my 4 day...what a rookie statement...

Good to know.

I don't commute, or spend more than 40 hours per week at work, but everyone who does will appreciate your efforts.

stickpussher
09-11-2013, 04:57 PM
I expected that from someone who doesn't commute...All 75% of it..

KEITH STONE
09-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I expected that from someone who doesn't commute...All 75% of it..

If you're insinuating I'm in the 75% yes voting camp, you'd be horribly wrong.

stickpussher
09-11-2013, 07:40 PM
LOL... Thats what everybody says...

KEITH STONE
09-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Indeed.

Yawn.

talliven
09-12-2013, 10:42 AM

And yet you complain the 75% voted what is best for them at expense of rest of group, when this is the exact stance you advocate.

stickpussher
09-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Absolutely! They are just listening to the wrong drummer...embrace your inner greed and be as lazy as possible... do your job and your job only..fly the book...its not my job to make sure others do there's..its my world you just live in it..LOL