Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: 2Q2021 is over!

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    66
    Level
    52
    Points: 6,528, Level: 52
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    we aren’t a box hauler any more than AA is. Troop carrier mostly. We didn’t furlough or park planes the entire pandemic. In fact we kept hiring until December 2020, and we restarted hiring again in October. I’ll take my executive platinum, emerald, mosaic status, and diamond Hilton status, with never jumpseating or crashpads or buying a hotel, while doing about 8 flights a month over any schedule I’ve seen from friends from my class that flowed. They’re doing that many flights in 2-3 days… occasionally having to buy a hotel and Jumpseat. No thanks. You keep it.
    I’m glad your happy though. Rest assured I am too.
    Now hold on, I have been told with VH gone for good you get a special schedule made and have a much better life than a lot of FOs at your shop. So your QOL might not be the same as a lot of other FOs at your shop.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 12-04-2021 at 01:30 PM.

  2. #22
    Super Moderator Cujo665's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Posts
    2,381
    Level
    100
    Points: 51,898, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    Now hold on, I have been told with VH gone for good you get a special schedule made and have a much better life than a lot of FOs at your shop. So your QOL might not be the same as a lot of other FOs at your shop.
    VH hasn't flown since February last year. All the VH guys were getting to pick our own days. They published a VH bid pack with reserve lines. They didn’t displace us from VH to GenPop as it would trigger a system bid. So, we’d bid LAS RSV lines, then after awards tell scheduling which dates we really want to work. They can’t use us until there are no GenPop guys available…. Unless we ask to fly, which I always did. This brings up a good point, with VH officially ending with the new year they will need to run a system bid to displace us all out.

    The average GenPop guy is doing 4-5 legs a month. I’m averaging 6-8 legs, but I ask to fly, most guys just wait for stuff to populate onto their schedule.

    I'm currently in the Training Dept. Next month they're already loading up classes and a few sims, so I won't get to fly much next month. The last month I flew I did 8 legs, and 5 DH's. The month before I was stuck in Shannon several days but still managed more legs then average too. I typically ask to fly rather than sit. If flying more legs than the average guy is special, then I guess I’m guilty. I wouldn’t say the QOL is any better though, certainly less time off at hotels, and having long call in other countries isn’t bad if you’ve had the jab. Being training department, if I’m not assigned to teach then I go fly, and yes, they’d have to build the line and I can make requests like any of the other instructors.

    How are things over there with the new CBA? I have a few friends who started there this past year, they're on track as first year guys to top $180k. I know it’s not what many guys wanted, but overall it doesn’t look that bad at all. Still a better job than most ACMI.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 12-05-2021 at 12:28 PM.
    _______________________________________________

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    66
    Level
    52
    Points: 6,528, Level: 52
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    VH hasn't flown since February last year. All the VH guys were getting to pick our own days. They published a VH bid pack with reserve lines. They didn’t displace us from VH to GenPop as it would trigger a system bid. So, we’d bid LAS RSV lines, then after awards tell scheduling which dates we really want to work. They can’t use us until there are no GenPop guys available…. Unless we ask to fly, which I always did. This brings up a good point, with VH officially ending with the new year they will need to run a system bid to displace us all out.

    The average GenPop guy is doing 4-5 legs a month. I’m averaging 6-8 legs, but I ask to fly, most guys just wait for stuff to populate onto their schedule.

    I'm currently in the Training Dept. Next month they're already loading up classes and a few sims, so I won't get to fly much next month. The last month I flew I did 8 legs, and 5 DH's. The month before I was stuck in Shannon several days but still managed more legs then average too. I typically ask to fly rather than sit. If flying more legs than the average guy is special, then I guess I’m guilty. I wouldn’t say the QOL is any better though, certainly less time off at hotels, and having long call in other countries isn’t bad if you’ve had the jab. Being training department, if I’m not assigned to teach then I go fly, and yes, they’d have to build the line and I can make requests like any of the other instructors.

    How are things over there with the new CBA? I have a few friends who started there this past year, they're on track as first year guys to top $180k. I know it’s not what many guys wanted, but overall it doesn’t look that bad at all. Still a better job than most ACMI.
    Like you I have a special deal, I live in a Amazon focus city. I should end the year with 65 nights away from home, 25 of those are OT trips.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator Cujo665's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Posts
    2,381
    Level
    100
    Points: 51,898, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    Like you I have a special deal, I live in a Amazon focus city. I should end the year with 65 nights away from home, 25 of those are OT trips.
    What are your 767 schedules like? getting over guarantee? lots of OT? The few guys I know are 74, but they're all over $175k in basically their first year there. That's pretty darn good.
    _______________________________________________

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    66
    Level
    52
    Points: 6,528, Level: 52
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    What are your 767 schedules like? getting over guarantee? lots of OT? The few guys I know are 74, but they're all over $175k in basically their first year there. That's pretty darn good.
    767 schedules are all over the place, most are over guarantee 78-80 hours. There is a ton of OT on all fleets but the 73.

  6. #26
    Super Moderator Cujo665's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Posts
    2,381
    Level
    100
    Points: 51,898, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    767 schedules are all over the place, most are over guarantee 78-80 hours. There is a ton of OT on all fleets but the 73.
    as you know we almost never go over guarantee, with the exception of the Seattle-Japan stuff. It would be cool to credit more pay regularly, and it’s fun to think about what if’s….. but I think in the long run I’ll like sticking with the 30-50 of block for 64 pay credit better. Besides, that’s too much like work. Now if I could do it sleeping in my own bed at home almost all nights like you do, that would be a huge game changer. Congrats man !!
    _______________________________________________

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •