Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    I understand that. And I really don't care either way as AA/Envoy is one in the same. I have had some discussions among some of the more recent flows in the past weeks and there seems to be a lot of momentum for this which is the reason for putting this out there. Just can't quite understand why APA seems only focused on the top half of the list. Many are aware of my position at present but it looks like I'm going to HQ full time for at least for the foreseeable future. When the vaccine is released between OCT/DEC, I would expect a jump in travel with things only going up from there. Again, I've said this over the course of this year. AA is well positioned to be wildly successful as we gain momentum when the vaccine hits.

I said at the very beginning of this if the recovery is V shaped Parker will be well positioned to take market share from the other big three. It really is his only way out. They're bleeding cash, and the debt ratio is climbing. They are still on track for a BK in 2021 or sooner if they don't recover fast enough.
    If the recovery is not V shaped, AA is done. He's betting the entire company on a V shaped recovery. If he'd have copied Delta/United he'd have been tossed out by the BOD. This path forward was/is all about him staying in control.

I like AA. I don't like the management. The company has the infrastructure, support systems, staffing, resources to be the best in the world. Sadly, this management team is not interested in being the best; they are interested in being just good enough to keep customers from going to somebody else for service.... and that's a poor level of service for a global airline.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 09-13-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/1
    Given: 4/0

Ignore User

..... Many are aware of my position at present but it looks like I'm going to HQ full time for at least for the foreseeable future. .......
    Posting on the @AmericanAir Twitter feed doesn't count as "Going to HQ".

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

I understand that. And I really don't care either way as AA/Envoy is one in the same. I have had some discussions among some of the more recent flows in the past weeks and there seems to be a lot of momentum for this which is the reason for putting this out there. Just can't quite understand why APA seems only focused on the top half of the list. Many are aware of my position at present but it looks like I'm going to HQ full time for at least for the foreseeable future. When the vaccine is released between OCT/DEC, I would expect a jump in travel with things only going up from there. Again, I've said this over the course of this year. AA is well positioned to be wildly successful as we gain momentum when the vaccine hits.
    - AA and Eagle are not "one and the same" and that is a reality no matter how many times you say it.

- I have no doubt some flows out there want a safety net to mitigate the risk they took going to 1. A 15,000 pilot roster at 2. A corporation hopelessly mired in unsustainable debt and 3. A union that has a well-documented history of how they handle reductions in force. But...these pilots knew or should have known the risks of doing that and the only reason this is a surprise is people like you blew sunshine up their ***es trying to convince them otherwise. I'm sorry reality has proven your fantasy as exactly that.

- Speaking of fantasies, I wouldn't expect any sudden reversals when a new vaccine (or multiple vaccines) are released. Most likely it will be in late Winter/early Spring 2021 at the earliest and will take 6-12 months to reach enough of the general population to make a difference. The airline industry will take longer than that to stabilize and recover and in the case of AA, it's almost certainly too little, too late, but you've been completely wrong on virtually every claim attributed to you so far, so why stop now?

Best of luck on your new job as assistant custodian at Fantasyland. If you keep your antenna up, you might get the first whispers of the Chapter 11 filing before the rest of us.

Level
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Like we did not know dacuj, that it's the recent flows to aa talking up the flowback. They chose, they live with their choice and they can move back in with mommy.
    Envoy pilots have been screwed over for years regarding giving things up for flow. These are the same people who had voted these changes, they can go to unemployment just like every other pilot has over the years. This is not the democratic party.

Level
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    What about flowback, if the flowthru is changed to also include your Envoy seniority? Restore the full 50% of each new hire position comes from Envoy.
    Flow over and never do a day of reserve, bid right into the left seat of something?
    APA gets some furlough protection; Envoy guys get the full 50% flow rate back, and flow with the seniority. Put a fence on certain fleet types if needed.
    There'd have to be something really good in it for envoy pilots to do something like that; they got burned by flowbacks and the lure of APA numbers. That won't happen again.
    I think in the short term it would suck, but over the long term could be a huge win.
    I've said all along there should be one list. You are already AA from the day Envoy hires you so streamlining and making a seamless seniority system is the only way to go. The problem lies with APA. Talk to your buddies over there and get them to change their mind. Realistically, I wouldn't mind a DCL slot if I didn't have the other gig. I know a lot of other junior guys that would jump at the chance for DCL. Flying the 175 is a mainline gig. That's a fact jack. And guys like ardvark have no say. They passed on their opportunity years ago so if they get pushed down because of their lack of ambition then so be it.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I've said all along there should be one list. You are already AA from the day Envoy hires you so streamlining and making a seamless seniority system is the only way to go. The problem lies with APA. Talk to your buddies over there and get them to change their mind. Realistically, I wouldn't mind a DCL slot if I didn't have the other gig. I know a lot of other junior guys that would jump at the chance for DCL. Flying the 175 is a mainline gig. That's a fact jack. And guys like ardvark have no say. They passed on their opportunity years ago so if they get pushed down because of their lack of ambition then so be it.
    Once again with the Freudian slips. ^^^

You mean over HERE don't 'ya dude? In fact, since you are supposedly at AA yourself, shouldn't YOU be talking to APA?

Level
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Once again with the Freudian slips. ^^^

You mean over HERE don't 'ya dude? In fact, since you are supposedly at AA yourself, shouldn't YOU be talking to APA?
    Nope, no "freudian slip" here. I meant what I said. Cujo likes to brag about his union stuff. I'm betting he's "in the know" with a bunch of APA buddies OVER THERE.

Frankly, I look at APA about how you would view a cop that just pulled you over for speeding. He's not there to help you out. I far prefer working hand in hand with management to raise everyone's boat and keep this multi billion dollar engine humming.

Level
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

The last paragraph is so telling.

Newbie Member
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

I far prefer working hand in hand with management to raise everyone's boat and keep this multi billion dollar engine humming.
    Youíre the only one giving hummers you toothless wanna-be GI Joe.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    The last paragraph is so telling.
    Grifters always give themselves away in one way or the other. I think it obvious we know with certainty he’s a liar (he even admitted that) and now admits to being an eager teacup Chihuahua for the whims of management.

At least he’s come out of the shadows.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 09-13-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Company
    DeathStar
    Base
    MIA
    Job
    Drink Coffee, Battle VNAV/FMS, Duolingo Espanol
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, 737
    Divorces
    N/A
    Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/3
    Given: 22/7

Ignore User

Wink

The AA SNL is a monstrosity. One only has to see several threads devolve on the APA "The Line Forums". Pilots (Team members) are units of labor to be managed.

The Last-in First-out (LIFO) method of inventory valuation is based on the practice of assets produced or acquired last being the first to be expensed.

s-l640.jpg

^^^^^
    Good times from long ago. I was never in the U.S. Army.
    Last edited by SlowHand; 09-14-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Probably not the smartest idea to put this out there.
    Public record
    Done while in an elected union position.
    No expectation of privacy

Take your advice and shove it

EDIT
    Actually taking the links down because some personal info is buried in there. No expectation of privacy since it is public record and they were in elected offices at the time.
    I just wouldn't want my home address and personal info blasted all over the interweb either.
    Even I'm not that cruel (unless it's Jerry Glass)

Collaborative Labor Relations LLC, of Texas
    Last edited by Cujo665; 09-14-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

Dacujís new position isnít new at all.
    Still on his knees with a mouth full of....

Thread Information