Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

United torpedoes ExpressJet

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Looks like another 1300 pilots headed for the street. The 50-seat regional market is on a ventilator now and it will affect all regionals. Even airlines who don’t have them will likely be whipsawed to varying degrees for concessions to be competitive in the new market. There will be thousands of unemployed pilots in the coming year or so which means gravy train bonuses and perks are over.

Envoy is likely to be one of the survivors though, but will likely have to play ball or face some risks. Consolidation and collapse will rule for the near future. Flow? Forget about that for now. Pain is coming to AA pilots too, the question is how much? Hopefully ALL pilots had maximized their savings over the last few years as this is a cyclical business and the roller-coaster is on the way down now. It was inevitable. Dacuj will have to come up with a new schtick and in-fact, a new product as Envoy won’t have any pilot recruitment issues for awhile now, nor will they be able to market a flow-thru, not that they need to.

Best of luck to all and hopefully this down cycle can be seen as an educational tool about how tenuous this profession can be and just how fast things can change.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 07-30-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

The Red Flags were UP for a long time.

Airline traffic will take time to return to normal levels. Even if we have a Covid-19 vaccine by the fall, you cannot immunize large swathes of the population overnight. However, that’s not the problem here. AAL management has chosen to go down a reckless route in response to the pandemic. Instead of hunkering down, it has decided to keep costs up and pile on debt. That is not a prudent strategy.

The airline doesn’t have the cash to keep paying the debt in a prolonged slowdown. It’s looking more and more likely that it will have to file for Chapter 11 sometime in the future. None of its debt matures before 2022, but high-interest costs could force its hand.

It’s high noon for AAL stock, and the carrier has come to the showdown without any bullets.

~Bankruptcy Risks Mount for Embattled American Airlines~
    7/31/2020
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 07-31-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Looks like another 1300 pilots headed for the street. The 50-seat regional market is on a ventilator now and it will affect all regionals. Even airlines who don’t have them will likely be whipsawed to varying degrees for concessions to be competitive in the new market. There will be thousands of unemployed pilots in the coming year or so which means gravy train bonuses and perks are over.

Envoy is likely to be one of the survivors though, but will likely have to play ball or face some risks. Consolidation and collapse will rule for the near future. Flow? Forget about that for now. Pain is coming to AA pilots too, the question is how much? Hopefully ALL pilots had maximized their savings over the last few years as this is a cyclical business and the roller-coaster is on the way down now. It was inevitable. Dacuj will have to come up with a new schtick and in-fact, a new product as Envoy won’t have any pilot recruitment issues for awhile now, nor will they be able to market a flow-thru, not that they need to.

Best of luck to all and hopefully this down cycle can be seen as an educational tool about how tenuous this profession can be and just how fast things can change.
    The only "schtick" here is coming out of your brain and pouring all over this forum like an engine with a burst fuel line pi**ing fuel. Or better yet and more familiar perhaps, a drunkard at the local watering hole slurring about the demise of this that and the other and then retching all over the bar splattering good citizen patrons. Both are the same concept, a bunch of stuff nobody wants all over the place.

Dude, you have been predicting the demise of Envoy and AA for AT LEAST 6 years if not more both on this forum and others and under various and sundry screen names to boot. Guess what? Still hasn't happened. What's happening now in the industry is no fault of the players. An unknown virus has caused mayhem and is disrupting not only ALL airlines but just about ALL business. I've said it before that AA is positioned strong to come out of this on the other side and have backed it up with facts such as the Vasu interview in the recent past. Straight from the horses mouth Mr. Fact Requester. He laid it all out as to how AA is approaching this and the strategy for getting through and coming out the other side as THE heavyweight champ right along with Envoy. Envoy is also positioned VERY STRONG as they are taking their cues from AA and everything regarding strategy and management is intertwined at the highest level.

I'll say it again baby. Haters gonna hate.

Level
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    The only "schtick" here is coming out of your brain and pouring all over this forum like an engine with a burst fuel line pi**ing fuel. Or better yet and more familiar perhaps, a drunkard at the local watering hole slurring about the demise of this that and the other and then retching all over the bar splattering good citizen patrons. Both are the same concept, a bunch of stuff nobody wants all over the place.
    I sense some uncontrollable rage here Mongo. Tell us how you really feel?

Dude, you have been predicting the demise of Envoy and AA for AT LEAST 6 years if not more both on this forum and others and under various and sundry screen names to boot. Guess what? Still hasn't happened. What's happening now in the industry is no fault of the players. An unknown virus has caused mayhem and is disrupting not only ALL airlines but just about ALL business. I've said it before that AA is positioned strong to come out of this on the other side and have backed it up with facts such as the Vasu interview in the recent past. Straight from the horses mouth Mr. Fact Requester. He laid it all out as to how AA is approaching this and the strategy for getting through and coming out the other side as THE heavyweight champ right along with Envoy. Envoy is also positioned VERY STRONG as they are taking their cues from AA and everything regarding strategy and management is intertwined at the highest level.

I'll say it again baby. Haters gonna hate.
    Sorry Mongo, but you’re spewing fake news again. I have never predicted the demise of Envoy and in fact, don’t predict it in the post you reference, but quite the opposite. Anyone who predicates AA’s future on what the usual suspects like Vasu says is ripe for crushing disappointment and 40 Billion in debt has little chance of being paid off. I understand you’re probably on a bender now that you’ve gotten your WARN letter and have been run off from the SA Kool-Aid factory, but it was inevitable. I repeatedly warned pilots that this outfit was gambling like drunken Dacuj’s on shore leave and now you’re enraged I turned out to be right.

I take no satisfaction and was simply trying to prepare pilots. Hopefully, most took precautions. I have no doubt you jackknifed into the same position AA is in, but hey...the world needs bartenders too! You are most qualified as long as you keep your beak out of the sauce. They might even let you hang a picture of an E-175! Be of good cheer Mongo and think of your future bar customers...no one likes a curmudgeon behind the bar.

Level
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I sense some uncontrollable rage here Mongo. Tell us how you really feel?

Sorry Mongo, but you’re spewing fake news again. I have never predicted the demise of Envoy and in fact, don’t predict it in the post you reference, but quite the opposite. Anyone who predicates AA’s future on what the usual suspects like Vasu says is ripe for crushing disappointment and 40 Billion in debt has little chance of being paid off. I understand you’re probably on a bender now that you’ve gotten your WARN letter and have been run off from the SA Kool-Aid factory, but it was inevitable. I repeatedly warned pilots that this outfit was gambling like drunken Dacuj’s on shore leave and now you’re enraged I turned out to be right.

I take no satisfaction and was simply trying to prepare pilots. Hopefully, most took precautions. I have no doubt you jackknifed into the same position AA is in, but hey...the world needs bartenders too! You are most qualified as long as you keep your beak out of the sauce. They might even let you hang a picture of an E-175! Be of good cheer Mongo and think of your future bar customers...no one likes a curmudgeon behind the bar.
    see your nothing but a LIIIIIIIAAARRRRRR., if eat you a big ole cowpie youlouzy excuse

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    ORD
    A/C Flown
    Jungle Jet
    Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/6
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

see your nothing but a LIIIIIIIAAARRRRRR., if eat you a big ole cowpie youlouzy excuse
    🎣

Level
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Too drunk to even finish an already incoherent sentence? You must have face-planted onto the floor before you could. Looks like another blue-ribbon hangover today, eh? Oh well...so much for bartending. I guess it’s on to ditch digging school then.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 08-01-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Dacuj, your next letter will be in the mail soon...
    Mr. “Chief Revenue Officer” Gazoo, have decided that AA will be in better shape without you along with another 2,499 additional pilots. With a very strong possibility of another 1,500 more TBA soon. Everybody should be back between 3-4 years, according to Gazoo.
    Hang Tight...the storm is about to begin.

That’s 3-4 years if American stops ceding more flying to Alaska and JetBlue.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 08-01-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Thread Information