Thread: AA March new hires recalled to class?

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 60/7
    Given: 7/6

Ignore User

AA March new hires recalled to class?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    This was posted on the APA website.

I sponsor a new hire that was part of the 17 March class. These were the folks notified by AA just a couple of days prior to coming to GSW for INDOC to stay home due to COVID. They were put on the payroll and told to wait for further instructions.

Yesterday, my charge was notified that the company would have a list of assignments for their class immediately after the system bid results are announced. He was also told to expect INDOC at some point shortly after that with airplane class dates starting in July/August.

This is nothing but good news for those at the tail end of the seniority list, IMO.

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Glad there is good news on the line...

Totally different story in HQ

May 27, 2020
    Management and support staff (MSS) team:
    Since the start of this pandemic, each day has brought a new challenge. Our team has tackled every obstacle with incredible tenacity while staying true to our mission to care for people on life’s journey. While navigating this pandemic, we are committed to three goals:
    1. Ensuring adequate cash to weather the downturn;
    2. Reducing our cash burn by removing as much expense as possible; and
    3. Restoring confidence in air travel.
    Although our pre-pandemic liquidity, the significant financial assistance provided by the government, and the cash we’ve raised in the capital markets provide a foundation for stability, we need to reduce our cost structure, including our most significant expense - the cost of compensation and benefits. And we must plan for operating a smaller airline for the foreseeable future.
    We have already taken steps to prepare for this new reality, with nearly 39,000 team members electing to take a voluntary leave or early retirement. Fleet retirement accelerations are underway, and we will fly roughly 100 fewer aircraft next summer - mostly widebodies - than we had originally planned. Additionally, running a smaller airline means we will need a management and support staff team that is roughly 30% leaner.
    A more efficient leadership team begins at the top, and we are restructuring all levels around key future leaders and functions, beginning with our officer team. We will announce a reorganized officer team soon, and those leaders will be restructuring at the next levels shortly thereafter.
    In addition to the plans to reduce our MSS team by 30%, we are also announcing other cost-saving measures. These include:
    • Suspending the 2020 MSS merit program;
    • Requiring MSS to take 50% of their vacation by Sept. 30 and suspending the vacation rollover policy so that no unused vacation days roll
    into 2021; and
    • Canceling the 2020 L5 and above short-term incentive plan, which was scheduled to pay a portion of the target as a result of meeting
    operational metrics.
    As part of creating a more efficient management structure, we are opening a new voluntary early out program for MSS team members. Details can be found on Jetnet here, and the window to volunteer will remain open through the end of the day on June 10.
    Once volunteers are known, leaders will then finalize the remainder of their go-forward MSS teams. If there are not enough early out volunteers, we will have to take the difficult step of involuntary separations. Those decisions will be communicated in July, though impacted team members will remain on payroll through Sept. 30, 2020, and will receive full pay and benefits through the expiration of the CARES Act Payroll Support Program. While no severance will be paid, in addition to full pay through September, we will also provide these team members with one year of D2R travel status as well as access to COBRA health coverage for 18 months. We offer this transparency and timing so those who may be impacted can make the best decision for themselves.
    Once we ensure we have the right size and structure in place for our MSS team, we can begin the work for our frontline team, recognizing that we will be a smaller airline, with fewer routes and fewer flights. While we are still working through the details of our future schedule, we plan to open a new voluntary leave and early out program for frontline team members in June. We will have additional details on these programs in the

coming weeks. As we have previously stated, our preferred outcome is to properly size our frontline team for the future without having to implement involuntary furloughs. This is a goal, though, not a commitment, and a stretch goal at that. We will be working with our unions in the weeks and months ahead in hopes of developing programs to facilitate that goal.
    In difficult times it is even more important that we stay true to our purpose of caring for people on life’s journey, even when that journey is a very difficult one. There is no doubt this is going to be a painful time for all, especially for our departing colleagues, who have given American Airlines their all and are leaving through no fault of their own. They deserve our respect and gratitude. Most of all, they are owed our renewed commitment and our collective effort to return American to profitability and growth as quickly as possible.

Company
    DeathStar
    Base
    MIA
    Job
    Drink Coffee, Battle VNAV/FMS, Duolingo Espanol
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, 737
    Divorces
    N/A
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/3
    Given: 22/7

Ignore User

Mr. Goggle's output:

"The ubiquitous yin-yang symbol holds its roots in Taoism/Daoism, a Chinese religion and philosophy. The yin, the dark swirl, is associated with shadows, femininity, and the trough of a wave; the yang, the light swirl, represents brightness, passion and growth."

Level
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Told ya. You guys should be listening to me. I have my ear VERY close to the ground due to my proximity to the higher levels. Let's leave it at that.

Level
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Told ya. You guys should be listening to me. I have my ear VERY close to the ground due to my proximity to the higher levels. Let's leave it at that.
    You told us nothing, because you knew nothing. You only have your ear “close to the ground” because you’re in the bag all the time. My understanding is these pilots were being paid already and will need to be quantified as holding specific status bids (domicile, equipment) either way, furlough or no furlough.

Another epic fail.

Newbie Member
    Level
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Ear to the ground and your lips around their d#^. Wipe your face off bro. And don’t forget the balls.

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    ORD
    A/C Flown
    Jungle Jet
    Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/6
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

I do think it is positive news that these previously hired pilots are going to be able to finish their on-boAArding. I don’t think the company would waste $80,0000 a piece to just furlough them 3-6 months later.

However, there are still a lot of wheels in motion at this time and the goal of no involuntary furloughs is still in play.

I, personally, would not relax too much until the next class is hired AND begins training.

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37

Ignore User

Another case of deflection...textbook.

Doug Parker stated, "Bankruptcy is failure. We're not going to do that."

AA March new hires recalled to class?
    This was posted on the APA website.

...folks notified by AA just a couple of days prior to coming to GSW for INDOC to stay home due to COVID. They were put on the payroll and told to wait for further instructions.

Working together?🤔🤔🤔

Watch you back...a lot of long faces in AAG HQ today.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 05-28-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

Hope those knee pads are of good quality.
    By the way, you’ve got something dripping from your chin.

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    ORD
    A/C Flown
    Jungle Jet
    Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/6