Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Would Doug

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Parker do what nobody else have the guts to do...and be rewarded?

Lehman Brother’s CEO
    Richard S Fuld Jr.
    was too big to fail but filed for bankruptcy protection under Chapter 11 on September 15, 2008.

He received $484 million in salary, bonuses and stock options from 2000-2008.

Now: Richard S Fuld Jr.
    Matrix Private Capital.

Matrix Private Capital Group is a diversified asset management firm that provides advisory and alternative investment solutions to high net worth individuals, family offices and institutions.

“Whatever it is, enjoy the ride. No regrets.”

Eastern Airlines’s CEO
    Frank Lorenzo
    was a fierce warrior, after acquiring Continental Airlines in a hostile takeover and saddling it with enormous debt, submerged the company in Chapter 11 bankruptcy to wash it clean of its union contracts. He exited the industry in 1990 with a pocketful of money, walking away with about $30 million in proceeds from the sale, severance pay and salary.

Lorenzo got an immediate cash severance payment of about $17.13 million, plus an additional $2.7 million paid over three years and a $10.8 million payment from his stake in Continental, for a total of $30.63 million.

Now: Frank Lorenzo
    Savoy Capital, Inc.

Savoy Capital, Inc. is an investment advisory firm. The Company invests in various areas as well as engages in private investment, venture capital, later stage situations and management led buyouts.

"I'm not paid to be a candy ass. I'm paid to go and get a job done."

-Eastern Airlines & Lehman Brother were too big to fail, but they did.-

It doesn’t take a complicated analysis to figure out that the first major U.S. airline to go out of business will likely be the one that carries the most debt, the highest cash burn rate, the lowest margins, and the largest employee and plane-related costs.
    Taking these factors into consideration will revealed which major U.S. airline has the potential to go out of business.

The powerful will always continue to walk,at the expense of others.

"But we don't have jobs. Who's going to pay the payments on the houses?"
    ~ International Association of Machinists local headquarters in Miami.~

American Airlines’s CEO
    Doug Parker
    Coming Soon?

“Doug Parker Got It Right!”
    ~Frank Lorenzo~
    February 2013
    “I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.”

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

JC Penny just gave their CEO's millions in bonus money payments..... right before announcing bankruptcy.
    It was to retain qualified leadership during difficult times.....

That is the trend. Big payoff's right before a BK
    Last edited by Cujo665; 05-18-2020 at 08:51 AM.
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

The trend continues:

Hertz Global Holdings said in a filing to regulators Tuesday it has paid about $16.2million in retention bonuses to key executives at director level and above
    The car rental giant revealed the move days after the company filed for bankruptcy protection on Friday.

Parker & Company are not going to miss this boat!

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

More moves from the same old playbook...

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/06/07/...xecutives.html

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    More moves from the same old playbook...

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/06/07/...xecutives.html
    No one is biting on your threads. But you sure do seem to have fun posting...

Only you and maybe cujo will get the reference in this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmP9b7McyAk

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/6
    Given: 15/18

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post

I'll bite on this thread. I haven't been on this site in awhile. Mainly because it's dominated by a group of guys that just aren't having a good time. So here's my deal...I'm an AA pilot. I'm on the bottom of the list. Things are crazy right now. Could I end up furloughed? You betcha. It's a real possibility. Hopefully not though. But here's the deal...could I get furloughed? Yep. Could happen. But...things could be worse. I could've spent my whole life at a regional. Or I could end up at an ACMI trying to justify to myself that I somehow struck it big. Or I could've spent my whole life at a regional just to flow and spend a few months at a major and be bitter about life. Bottom line...you few jackasses on here that try to spread doom and gloom, I'll be hanging out on the seniority list that's going to provide a pretty beautiful career. XOXOXO

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 60/7
    Given: 7/6

Ignore User

Sloosky, I hope you are not furloughed and if AA keeps offering LOA’s you may be safe as they rebuild the airline. Not sure if you have seen these numbers. Total active pilots: May 8441, June 8551 and August 9885. Add in retirements on average 15 to 25 per month.
    With the addition of flights, and the enormous training bubble looming, it may work out in your favor.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sloosky View Post
    I'll bite on this thread. I haven't been on this site in awhile. Mainly because it's dominated by a group of guys that just aren't having a good time. So here's my deal...I'm an AA pilot. I'm on the bottom of the list. Things are crazy right now. Could I end up furloughed? You betcha. It's a real possibility. Hopefully not though. But here's the deal...could I get furloughed? Yep. Could happen. But...things could be worse. I could've spent my whole life at a regional. Or I could end up at an ACMI trying to justify to myself that I somehow struck it big. Or I could've spent my whole life at a regional just to flow and spend a few months at a major and be bitter about life. Bottom line...you few jackasses on here that try to spread doom and gloom, I'll be hanging out on the seniority list that's going to provide a pretty beautiful career. XOXOXO
    Hope nobody gets furlough, although Parker might have a different plan, but sometimes a beautiful($$$)career without “Quality Of Life”...is just a career.

Hang Tight Brother!

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post

🤣🤣🤣Loved It! It’s always fun, as long as they are facts. But is sad to grow at the expense of others.

“Experience is the hardest kind of teacher.
    It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward.”

~Oscar Wilde~
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 06-10-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

I knew I was getting through to those who can think with more than one brain cell. It's the best here isn't it? I remember when the 175 in Envoy colors landed in DFW for the first time. I was like a kid on Christmas morning and literally had goosebumps thinking that we were going to fly this thing. AA was grooming us to be the best and it has ABSOLUTELY done so. I'll say you are EXACTLY right. You are in a sweet place. The pinnacle of aviation.

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Please commit the deranged

Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

I see nothing wrong with your intoxication of being at AA. I too experienced that feeling that I had “made it”. But, I think flows are at risk for serious disappointment if they choose to live in denial regarding the realities of AA. It is nothing like it used to be and financially, you have chosen a path that has serious risks. Hopefully, your acceptance of further setback like furlough or more likely significant stagnation is real as opposed defensive spouting of someone who truly believes such setbacks aren’t reality or will happen to others. For someone who is belittling others for what you believe to be career mistakes or are “bitter jackasses” simply because they say things you don’t want to hear, you sure seem to ooze those same internal feelings.

AA’s problem’s are still in their adolescence, so don’t get too complacent.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    Please commit the deranged

A one-trick pony and a swayback nag at that.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I see nothing wrong with your intoxication of being at AA. I too experienced that feeling that I had “made it”. But, I think flows are at risk for serious disappointment if they choose to live in denial regarding the realities of AA. It is nothing like it used to be and financially, you have chosen a path that has serious risks. Hopefully, your acceptance of further setback like furlough or more likely significant stagnation is real as opposed defensive spouting of someone who truly believes such setbacks aren’t reality or will happen to others. For someone who is belittling others for what you believe to be career mistakes or are “bitter jackasses” simply because they say things you don’t want to hear, you sure seem to ooze those same internal feelings.

AA’s problem’s are still in their adolescence, so don’t get too complacent.
    You make me sick. Your constant bloviating on the demise of American Airlines is certainly tired and very long in the tooth. Yes, we know Envoy and American hurt you and that you hate all things American. But, please, find another place to spew your hate and vitriol. Thank God for guys like Sloosky who will stand up to these mindless attacks and recognize this is not a place for truth except for what I post. Now, I notice a subtle difference in your hate filled diatribe above.

I seem to remember that you said AA WILL FURLOUGH and to get your house in order. Compare that previous statement to the one above. "Hopefully, your acceptance of further setback like furlough or more likely significant stagnation." Now, which is it Beagleboy? Hmmm? Looks like the truth came out that there will be NO FURLOUGHS. Gotta watch yourself posting.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    You make me sick.
    Thank you for that...best news I've gotten all day!

Your constant bloviating on the demise of American Airlines is certainly tired and very long in the tooth. Yes, we know Envoy and American hurt you and that you hate all things American. But, please, find another place to spew your hate and vitriol. Thank God for guys like Sloosky who will stand up to these mindless attacks and recognize this is not a place for truth except for what I post. Now, I notice a subtle difference in your hate filled diatribe above.

I seem to remember that you said AA WILL FURLOUGH and to get your house in order. Compare that previous statement to the one above. "Hopefully, your acceptance of further setback like furlough or more likely significant stagnation." Now, which is it Beagleboy? Hmmm? Looks like the truth came out that there will be NO FURLOUGHS. Gotta watch yourself posting.
    You and Sloosky run on the same fuel? Congrats. As for your claim of any "differences" in my statements, I'm confident basic research will prove I've been pretty consistent, unlike you, the King of Fake News. I've NEVER said AA will furlough with certainty, in fact, I've been cautious to rule out ANY certainties and that includes bankruptcy, so what you "seem" to remember is just more delusion. Furloughs are STILL a significant risk as the air travel is still...well, up in the air. Even if the present situation doesn't result in furlough, AA still has a monstrous debt load that will make it unable to tolerate further downside pressure and even as is, it's questionable they can right the ship even with no external issues going forward. I have no idea where you have gotten the idea that there will be no furloughs. You're imagining things and last night's bid results mean nothing as far as tipping the scales of furlough, stagnation and/or eventual bankruptcy.

My STRONG advice to all is maximize what is in their savings accounts as AA's problems are WORSE than they were a few months ago...10 BILIION worse.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Well, I’ve really avoided posting because I didn’t think it nice to rub growth in the faces of friends worrying if they may get laid off.
    We parked three planes for two weeks from programs that stopped running due to covid. Those were airline sub flying for Air Canada and the vacations Hawaii program. By the end of the two weeks they had started farming less DOD and Govt flying out and put all three planes back in service. They’ve even been doing cabin cargo runs with PPE. Nobody laid off at all, nor are there plans to. In fact, last month we opened our hiring window. The past few weeks they’ve been interviewing. New hire class starts next month. One of the guys just hired is current 121 from one of the big three and so far they are allowing people to keep their numbers. That may change though, I hope not. Letting some guys fly through the bad years over here would let them keep a decent job and income, and let them return to their legacy before they start becoming expensive here too.... I think the low time poolie is around 10,000 TT. We put another new to us 767 into service in May, with two more coming.

first year pay $124ph, 64 guarantee unless you go into special programs, then it’s 80 hours
    class above economy on international over 3 hours... but since nobody really has business anymore, it’s pretty much always first, and you’ll keep the 20,000 plus air miles for each DH flight....
    You can also take economy at your option and get a nice stipend for it. It’s up to $750 for a real long haul one.
    If you pick up OT it’s almost always at least 6-10 hours of block plus the OT pay. Day 1- $300, Day 2 - $400, Day 3+ - $500. Minimum is 3.56 per day, including days spent at hotels RON.
    schedules are mostly (probably 65%) one big block of days. The other (35% are two blocks of duty days). Once you get the swing of it, you’ll like the longer blocks. You’re rarely leaving your house until day 4, or you’re returning home with 2 more to go. Then you’re off two weeks straight. Schedules are out on the 10th, done on the 15th, awarded the 16th, protest period till 18th... I’ve never needed to question it. So we get our schedules a bit sooner than most, plus we have the option of bidding a two month bid too. This makes taking vacations very easy and often with the large blocks of time off.
    live anywhere with home basing. No crashpads. No commuting on your own time. Your commute to/from are on paid duty days, so theoretically that’s two days less since legacy guys commute on their own time.
    it’s very laid back, not a ton of pressure. Never been called for a late departure ever. Very civilized compared to life under AAG-Eagle.
    My program was one of the ones that stopped flying from covid. We are our own base. Rather than run a displacement bid and everybody bid everywhere causing training cycles forever, they took our whole base and put us on reserve. Due to CBA they have to use everybody else before using us for non program flying. End result, haven’t touched a plane since February 25th. Lots of us will need PC’s due to expired landings.... which is one of our biggest problems. The average guy flys 25-48 hours a month with a 3-4 man crew but typically only one landing every 8-10 hours. Keeping sharp and landings current can be a challenge.

I know Omni is listed as an ACMI, but it doesn’t share much in common with the others. We don’t do real cargo, only pax... except for current cabin cargo PPE stuff strapped to seats. Pretty much a big charter company with a few regular long term customers, and under 121 due to the aircraft type. Probably why Omni is in the charter section on APC and not the Cargo section.

I honestly wanted to avoid saying how great things are going here, even in the midst of the covid mess, and my intention was to just stay quiet.... however, I’m not going to let the likes of DaCuj, Spooge, and loafer talk crap about something they know nothing about.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 06-12-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

You know what the military cartoon veteran is going to say.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

You make me sick. Your constant bloviating on the demise of American Airlines is certainly tired and very long in the tooth. Yes, we know Envoy and American hurt you and that you hate all things American. But, please, find another place to spew your hate and vitriol. Thank God for guys like Sloosky who will stand up to these mindless attacks and recognize this is not a place for truth except for what I post. Now, I notice a subtle difference in your hate filled diatribe above.

You are right about NO FURLOUGHS, there is a new name for it, now it’s call...
    “cost-cutting measures.”

June 12,2020
    American Airlines Group Inc, said on Friday it expects to halt its daily cash burn(from $70M to ZERO)by the end of 2020 thanks to cost-cutting measures... American Airlines said in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Guess where some of that money is going to come from, correct, payroll cuttings.

They are telling you what you want to hear, or do you think they are telling you the entire picture?
    Don’t be naive...is going to hurt.

Get ready, 6 more weeks and the real truth will come out.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 06-12-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Well, I’ve really avoided posting because I didn’t think it nice to rub growth in the faces of friends worrying if they may get laid off.
    We parked three planes for two weeks from programs that stopped running due to covid. Those were airline sub flying for Air Canada and the vacations Hawaii program. By the end of the two weeks they had started farming less DOD and Govt flying out and put all three planes back in service. They’ve even been doing cabin cargo runs with PPE. Nobody laid off at all, nor are there plans to. In fact, last month we opened our hiring window. The past few weeks they’ve been interviewing. New hire class starts next month. One of the guys just hired is current 121 from one of the big three and so far they are allowing people to keep their numbers. That may change though, I hope not. Letting some guys fly through the bad years over here would let them keep a decent job and income, and let them return to their legacy before they start becoming expensive here too.... I think the low time poolie is around 10,000 TT. We put another new to us 767 into service in May, with two more coming.

first year pay $124ph, 64 guarantee unless you go into special programs, then it’s 80 hours
    class above economy on international over 3 hours... but since nobody really has business anymore, it’s pretty much always first, and you’ll keep the 20,000 plus air miles for each DH flight....
    You can also take economy at your option and get a nice stipend for it. It’s up to $750 for a real long haul one.
    If you pick up OT it’s almost always at least 6-10 hours of block plus the OT pay. Day 1- $300, Day 2 - $400, Day 3+ - $500. Minimum is 3.56 per day, including days spent at hotels RON.
    schedules are mostly (probably 65%) one big block of days. The other (35% are two blocks of duty days). Once you get the swing of it, you’ll like the longer blocks. You’re rarely leaving your house until day 4, or you’re returning home with 2 more to go. Then you’re off two weeks straight. Schedules are out on the 10th, done on the 15th, awarded the 16th, protest period till 18th... I’ve never needed to question it. So we get our schedules a bit sooner than most, plus we have the option of bidding a two month bid too. This makes taking vacations very easy and often with the large blocks of time off.
    live anywhere with home basing. No crashpads. No commuting on your own time. Your commute to/from are on paid duty days, so theoretically that’s two days less since legacy guys commute on their own time.
    it’s very laid back, not a ton of pressure. Never been called for a late departure ever. Very civilized compared to life under AAG-Eagle.
    My program was one of the ones that stopped flying from covid. We are our own base. Rather than run a displacement bid and everybody bid everywhere causing training cycles forever, they took our whole base and put us on reserve. Due to CBA they have to use everybody else before using us for non program flying. End result, haven’t touched a plane since February 25th. Lots of us will need PC’s due to expired landings.... which is one of our biggest problems. The average guy flys 25-48 hours a month with a 3-4 man crew but typically only one landing every 8-10 hours. Keeping sharp and landings current can be a challenge.

I know Omni is listed as an ACMI, but it doesn’t share much in common with the others. We don’t do real cargo, only pax... except for current cabin cargo PPE stuff strapped to seats. Pretty much a big charter company with a few regular long term customers, and under 121 due to the aircraft type. Probably why Omni is in the charter section on APC and not the Cargo section.

I honestly wanted to avoid saying how great things are going here, even in the midst of the covid mess, and my intention was to just stay quiet.... however, I’m not going to let the likes of DaCuj, Spooge, and loafer talk crap about something they know nothing about.
    SMDH. I would say your post is unbelievable but this is what I expect from someone that no longer has the opportunity to sit in an Envoy or AA flight deck. The best analogy I can come up with here is that you can clean up a pig and put him in a suit............but he's still a pig.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

SMDH. I would say your post is unbelievable but this is what I expect from someone that no longer has the opportunity to sit in an Envoy or AA flight deck. The best analogy I can come up with here is that you can clean up a pig and put him in a suit............but he's still a pig.
    It's my understanding that has been said of you when seen waddling down the terminal. Dallas or Miami, it makes no difference.

Thread Information