Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

COVID19 Stuff

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I think the recovery will be quicker than they think.....

We lose 45k to 65k US residents to the Flu every year.
    We have a vaccine for the flu and we still lose that many

COVID has killed about 80,000 to date (if you trust the numbers). I think the numbers are being way over reported, especially from places like NY. They are reporting anything even remotely possible as a Covid19 death. It gets them an instant 20% premium in medical insurance medicaid reimbursements. The CDC guidelines were changed and clearly say if they can reasonable "presume" the person mayhave had COVID then reportingit as a covid death is okay. So, I don't trust our death totals.... and that completely explains why we've had a sudden 35% drop in heart attacks and cancer deaths. People arent suddenly healthy; they're just being listed as a COVID deth instead of as what ever really killed them. It's the fist time in US history that a possible contributing factor is being listed as cause of death rather than the actual cause.

COVID targets the same demographics for the most part as the Flu virus does.... everybody. COVID kills the same demographics that the flu is most likely to kill. So, it will be very interesting to see the end of year Flu death totals. If we are suddenly 35k light from a normal flu death total we'll know why the covid deaths were so high.

I think at the end of the year, when they look back at the total deaths from COVID we will end up right around similar numvbers as if we had counted all the Heart Attacks, Cancers, Flu's.

One thing is for sure. Staying sheltered at home is exactly as those two doctors in California said..... the worst thing you can do for your immune system to shelter inside. It needs to be out in the sunshine making vitamin D and being exposed to little this and that all the time to keep it strong and ready. The most recent cases of infection in NY were 60% from people who were following Govt guidelines and sheltering at home.

If we knew the actual death rates we are seeing now back in February, they would/should have never closed our economy.
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/0
    Given: 2/11

Ignore User

I don't know where you are getting your figures but you might want to take a look at this, or many more like it:

What Is the Real Coronavirus Death Toll in Each State?

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by nordo View Post
    I don't know where you are getting your figures but you might want to take a look at this, or many more like it:

What Is the Real Coronavirus Death Toll in Each State?
    Same place as you it seems....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html

84,000 to date - if you include all the over reporting

Hereís the increased payments for reporting deaths as COVID-19 instead of as Heart Atracks, COPD, Pneumonia, cancer or anything else. If they assume the patient may have had Covid and it may have impacted their longevity then they can report it as covid19 death. Itís a free 20% extra reimbursement for making an assumption.

https://www.hfma.org/topics/news/2020/04/increased-medicare-payments-for-covid-19-care-to-stretch-back-to.html

And CDC advising death certificates be listed as covid19 if they can presume they had it...

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/04/03/change-to-death-certificates-could-boost-covid19-counts
    Last edited by Cujo665; 05-14-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/0
    Given: 2/11

Ignore User

Nothing in your response refutes or contradicts the information I provided. I will not engage in further banter.

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 60/7
    Given: 7/6

Ignore User

CDC numbers

In the U.S., from Oct. 1, 2019 – Apr. 4, 2020, the CDC estimates that 24,000 to 62,000 people died from the flu. (The CDC does not know the exact number because the flu is not a reportable disease in most parts of the U.S.)

In the U.S., for Oct. 1, 2019 – Apr. 4, 2020, the CDC estimates that there were 39 million to 56 million cases of flu. (The CDC does not know the exact number because the flu is not a reportable disease in most parts of the U.S.)

So i would say its the apples and oranges.

The only comparison would be possibly how the Covid virus behaves compared to the Flu virus.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    CDC numbers

In the U.S., from Oct. 1, 2019 – Apr. 4, 2020, the CDC estimates that 24,000 to 62,000 people died from the flu. (The CDC does not know the exact number because the flu is not a reportable disease in most parts of the U.S.)

In the U.S., for Oct. 1, 2019 – Apr. 4, 2020, the CDC estimates that there were 39 million to 56 million cases of flu. (The CDC does not know the exact number because the flu is not a reportable disease in most parts of the U.S.)

So i would say its the apples and oranges.

The only comparison would be possibly how the Covid virus behaves compared to the Flu virus.
    it used to be 45k to 65k a year to the flu. They’ve already dropped the bottom number. I’ll guarantee you the missing 21,000 are now being recorded as COVID19
    __________________________________________________ __

Thread Information