Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

ACMI Updates

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Omni
    Las Vegas crew base temporarily closed, crews reassigned to general population
    Air Canada sub flying cancelled, crews reassigned to general population
    Less DOD flying being turned away, and instead kept in house.
    repatriation flying is brisk
    special programs flying uneffected
    65 flight attendants furloughed.
    Current pilot new hire classes continuing. Future hiring on hold.

1 767-300 down for a hard landing a few weeks ago with significant damage
    777 fleet extremely busy.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 03-23-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Company
    DeathStar
    Base
    MIA
    Job
    Drink Coffee, Battle VNAV/FMS, Duolingo Espanol
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, 737
    Divorces
    N/A
    Level
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/3
    Given: 22/7

Ignore User

Mean while AA to park all 757 and 767 aircraft by end of May 2020.

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    ORD
    A/C Flown
    Jungle Jet
    Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/6
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

Donít forget the A330-300s

Level
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Jdflyer View Post
    Donít forget the A330-300s
    737ís and A320ís will follow!

Level
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

190s done as well.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Wow.... of the 427 airline related corporations getting Cares Act money, 407 received less than Omni. Places like Spirit and JetBlue got less than 15 planes Omni.

https://www.progambler.com/deportati...virus-bailout/

The funny thing is we only did a few Deportation flights. iAero (Swift) does most of them. We’re mostly military.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

No layoffs, no furloughs, another new hull arrived. Just started another new hire class, and they are prepping for another class right after them. Our own training center is being built, new to us sims are arriving, and they’re already doing Flight Attendant training at the new location.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

All ACMIs but ABX are hiring Atlas is hiring 400 by the end of the year and are running classes for all 4 fleets. Also if I was to get into the ATSG **** show, I would look at the ATI side of the house. They just got three new planes from DHL and 10 from Amazon. It also doesn't have a high bust rate like Omni.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    All ACMIs but ABX are hiring Atlas is hiring 400 by the end of the year and are running classes for all 4 fleets. Also if I was to get into the ATSG **** show, I would look at the ATI side of the house. They just got three new planes from DHL and 10 from Amazon. It also doesn't have a high bust rate like Omni.
    Atlas/Southern are going to be a very good job once it all gets worked out. Guys getting in now are doing themselves a favor. ATI is probably the better ATSG carrier for growth.
    We’ve had a net gain of 3 aircraft over 2 years so far. An all white 777 did show up at the Omni ramp recently. Not sure what’s up with that one. We do not have an disproportionate fail rate, not sure where you’re hearing that from. They are picky on a few things, but overall I’ve found the training program very fair.

Level
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Atlas/Southern are going to be a very good job once it all gets worked out. Guys getting in now are doing themselves a favor. ATI is probably the better ATSG carrier for growth.
    We’ve had a net gain of 3 aircraft over 2 years so far. An all white 777 did show up at the Omni ramp recently. Not sure what’s up with that one. We do not have an disproportionate fail rate, not sure where you’re hearing that from. They are picky on a few things, but overall I’ve found the training program very fair.
    The reason they are probably "picky" is that they have guys coming in with largely no standardized training whatsoever. Most likely some dudes that flew for Sierra out of El Paso "flying the Metro to my standards bruh" along with Jimmy Dale who flew some crap Queen Air for a shady oil outfit out in west Texas.

Therein lies the beauty of the cadet program. To start with, all of these guys are super qualified by the time they walk on property at the Voy. They have a COLLEGE DEGREE plus ALL of the standardized training and courses from their respective pipeline universities. Put a pipeline guy in training at AA vs one of these Chuck Yeager's flying for Omni any day.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    The reason they are probably "picky" is that they have guys coming in with largely no standardized training whatsoever. Most likely some dudes that flew for Sierra out of El Paso "flying the Metro to my standards bruh" along with Jimmy Dale who flew some crap Queen Air for a shady oil outfit out in west Texas.

Therein lies the beauty of the cadet program. To start with, all of these guys are super qualified by the time they walk on property at the Voy. They have a COLLEGE DEGREE plus ALL of the standardized training and courses from their respective pipeline universities. Put a pipeline guy in training at AA vs one of these Chuck Yeager's flying for Omni any day.
    The majority are military pilots. The next biggest chunk lately has been expats that got the can due to COVID from overseas carriers, most of them have thousands of hours of international heavy time and have been babysitting FO's that aren't even allowed to take off or land. Last has been a mix from regionals (about 5 from AAG regionals) and Corporate guys.
    Sorry to burst your wrong preconceived notions yet again.... well, actually, I'm not sorry. You're just wrong again.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 07-12-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

All theory, no experience...you know, just like you. Very little actual instrument time, but grizzled pro’s at going around the patch in C-172’s with 2/3 of their 1500 hours essentially the same flight over and over again.

The Town Crier...still crying after all these years.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Actually, both of you couldn't be more wrong about the pipeline program. Sure, make fun all you want. I've seen the results firsthand and believe me, it's the wave of the future. Mark my words. Today's cadet is yesterday's military pilot. In other words, when things normalize and hiring and growth resume as normal in the near future, the majors have already begun to gravitate toward the cadet centric training as training departments are aware of the high standard they have and how easy it is to qualify a brand new pilot. I've seen military guys in training and it's tough for most of them. They are used to doing it the military way and are very rigid and inflexible. Some I've witnessed arguing with an instructor on how "they didn't do it that way in the military." Now, if the military trained to 121 standards like the pipeline universities, we might be having a different conversation. I've seen cadets go through the ATP/CTP program and straight into training with absolutely no hiccups where I've watched military guys struggle. The majority of the instructors I've chatted with rave about the cadets and the ease of training them and the rapid proficiency they gain in just one sim session.

As far as the terminated guys from overseas, it's highly likely they don't even have a college degree. The cadets ALL have the degree in addition to the standardized 121 training program and procedures they've been following for their entire time either in training or as an instructor.

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Yes of course you are correct. As always. But not on this planet.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Actually, both of you couldn't be more wrong about the pipeline program. Sure, make fun all you want. I've seen the results firsthand and believe me, it's the wave of the future. Mark my words. Today's cadet is yesterday's military pilot. In other words, when things normalize and hiring and growth resume as normal in the near future, the majors have already begun to gravitate toward the cadet centric training as training departments are aware of the high standard they have and how easy it is to qualify a brand new pilot. I've seen military guys in training and it's tough for most of them. They are used to doing it the military way and are very rigid and inflexible. Some I've witnessed arguing with an instructor on how "they didn't do it that way in the military." Now, if the military trained to 121 standards like the pipeline universities, we might be having a different conversation. I've seen cadets go through the ATP/CTP program and straight into training with absolutely no hiccups where I've watched military guys struggle. The majority of the instructors I've chatted with rave about the cadets and the ease of training them and the rapid proficiency they gain in just one sim session.

As far as the terminated guys from overseas, it's highly likely they don't even have a college degree. The cadets ALL have the degree in addition to the standardized 121 training program and procedures they've been following for their entire time either in training or as an instructor.
    More silliness. What's "rigid and inflexible" is your biased thinking. It's also delusional and deranged, but that's another discussion...

I have no doubt most pipeline pilots will do fine as they progress through their career ladder rungs, just as those before them did whether civilian or military or as basic instructors teaching what they have exposure to (mostly basic flying in relatively simple aircraft usually in good weather) or those jobs where survival is greatly dependant on ones own skills such as night freight, corporate, "other" or being shot at while doing their flying. Your comparison of Military pilots "struggling" is in most cases, simply a matter of exposure. Throw a Cessna 172 jockey into a T-38 o an F16 with tight formations, ground or air fire, etc. or a Blackhawk and I'll bet you'll see "struggling" too...in spades.

College degree? I've flown with and instructed plenty of pilots with every kind of background imaginable and have seen the full bell curve of outstanding to OMG. College degrees ranked at the bottom of contributing factors from my observation. Do you know one factor that concerned me most? It's the pilot who thinks he knows it all, cannot be told differently, and demonstrates arrogant and childish behavior. The worst cases do this even when it is repeatedly pointed out by many others. No amount of credentials, certificates, or hours in the logbook can negate those dangerous traits. Sound like someone you know? It does to me. A perfect demonstration of proof will be deflection and blame elsewhere.

So...come on, once again prove to us what we already know about you Mongo.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Omni Update
    Our training center is now open with our own 767 flat panel Sim; and the 777 sim arrives this fall. We took delivery of another new to us 767 a few months ago, and they just announced another one for this fall.
    Continuing to interview and hire. Hopefully class sizes can now increase with the larger facility and 24 hour Sim access.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Omni Update
    Our training center is now open with our own 767 flat panel Sim; and the 777 sim arrives this fall. We took delivery of another new to us 767 a few months ago, and they just announced another one for this fall.
    Continuing to interview and hire. Hopefully class sizes can now increase with the larger facility and 24 hour Sim access.
    Hmmmm. Really? Who cares? Another bottom of the barrel Amazon hauler adds their own sim. Whoopee!

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

I truly cant wait for you to get furloughed. Sorry but you need to get popped.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Hmmmm. Really? Who cares? Another bottom of the barrel Amazon hauler adds their own sim. Whoopee!
    Shows how much you know. We do pax.

Thread Information