Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    From a former Eagle guy now Airbus captain at DAL.

Rumor that the company isn’t going to offer the 55hr pay to stay home for Airbus pilots. Rumor says the company is considering going to mainly all airbus fleet. Since between the 319-320-321, we are the most optimal fleet for loads.

This makes financial sense. They can adjust the size for the load on a case by case basis.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

I think Delta’s decision-making over the last 5 years was far superior to that of the keystone cops at AA and going forward they will continue that disparity. Parker shot craps jacking debt through the ceiling with all those new aircraft now earning no profit. He expected 3-7 billion/year to pay for them before economic collapse, but lost the crapshoot with feeble metrics that hideously undershot those promises. Throw stock buy backs to well over 10 billion which are now worthless and that’s just another blunder. The stock has plummeted FAR more than the competition, labor has left the building emotionally and the product was in the dumpster before the collapse.

Anyone who has confidence that the ringmasters of this circus clown show are going to fly AA out of the ashes with precision and compete with competitors like Delta in the future is delusional. The only way is to change AA by making it smaller too and that means shifting more flying out of mainline. Problem is, that just alienates mainline employees further, so AA has virtually ZERO chance of ever rehabilitating their product.

Like I said many months ago, it’s a Catch-22.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 03-20-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I think Delta’s decision-making over the last 5 years was far superior to that of the keystone cops at AA and going forward they will continue that disparity. Parker shot craps jacking debt through the ceiling with all those new aircraft now earning no profit. He expected 3-7 billion/year to pay for them before economic collapse, but lost the crapshoot with feeble metrics that hideously undershot those promises. Throw stock buy backs to well over 10 billion which are now worthless and that’s just another blunder. The stock has plummeted FAR more than the competition, labor has left the building emotionally and the product was in the dumpster before the collapse.

Anyone who has confidence that the ringmasters of this circus clown show are going to fly AA out of the ashes with precision and compete with competitors like Delta in the future is delusional. The only way is to change AA by making it smaller too and that means shifting more flying out of mainline. Problem is, that just alienates mainline employees further, so AA has virtually ZERO chance of ever rehabilitating their product.

Like I said many months ago, it’s a Catch-22.
    What do you expect from an America West CEO.

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Hmmm. For all the Delta fanboys. How about their 10 billion in stock buybacks? Turns out they were just copying AA trying to get a leg up on them. How do you explain that one Einstein?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Hmmm. For all the Delta fanboys. How about their 10 billion in stock buybacks? Turns out they were just copying AA trying to get a leg up on them. How do you explain that one Einstein?
    They weren't “copying” AA, Lloyd. All the major airlines have been doing this in varying amounts for many years. It’s a practice that has many risks. A MAJOR difference is Delta stock was much more stable and thus valuable returning better dividends to shareholders. Delta’s balance sheet was also leaps and bounds better than AA’s. But, all are now in the similar boats as a result of it, it’s just that some boats are taking on water faster than others.

Speaking of leaky boats, AA has 29 BILLION in present debt and is hemorrhaging money like never before. More loans=more debt. Even if AA gets a bailout and stabilizes soon, what risks go forward carrying a new, even larger mountain of debt? They’ll always be one hiccup away from collapse. VERY bad if you’re junior and tied to this boat.

If I was you Mr. Christmas, I’d make sure my financial affairs are in order.

Level
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Info just for the "Delta is the greatest thing since sliced bread" aficionados on here.

Delta credit rating downgraded to JUNK today.

Level
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

No problem you've been downgraded to junk shi+ for a long time now. If delta is junk we can only imagine what american is. Just a factoid

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    No problem you've been downgraded to junk shi+ for a long time now. If delta is junk we can only imagine what american is. Just a factoid
    He is about to get furlough too. And that’s a BIG downgrade...Dacuj, I told you 2021 was coming!!!
    You will be back in 5 years. On the positive side, that’s only have the time it took the guys during 9/11. That will keep you positive!!

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/6
    Given: 15/18

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    He is about to get furlough too. And that’s a BIG downgrade...Dacuj, I told you 2021 was coming!!!
    You will be back in 5 years. On the positive side, that’s only have the time it took the guys during 9/11. That will keep you positive!!
    Wow...you predicted Covid-19. Absolute genius. All part of the 2021 plan. Got it.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sloosky View Post
    Wow...you predicted Covid-19. Absolute genius. All part of the 2021 plan. Got it.
    Actually no, but what Covid-19 did was speed up was was already planned for 2021 & thereafter. This virus just fell in Doug Parker’s lap, now he won’t even have to fight the unions, to execute what was scheduled to happen anyway....BUT WAIT, more planes will be park, beyond the 190’s, 757,767 and A330. This is not over yet...at the right time they will talk about the 737’s & A320’s schedule to be park/retired as well....all that is already scheduled, and I really hope they don’t accelerate that. Hope they save some for the actual thereafter...is all in black and white, like I’ve said before, Just Facts. Hope Parker takes the bailout money, But that will ruin his plan...time will tell. Not to worry, everybody will find out soon. BTW 100k cases by Saturday morning in the US. Hate when I am right.
    I really don't see how they can catch up from this mess without a furlough. It was 6 years before a recall from 9/11, so another 5 to hire new hires...how long before anybody flows AAgain?🤔🤔🤔
    A decade? Hope I am wrong!⏰⏰⏰
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 03-26-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    Actually no, but what Covid-19 did was speed up was was already planned for 2021 & thereafter. This virus just fell in Doug Parker’s lap, now he won’t even have to fight the unions, to execute what was scheduled to happen anyway....BUT WAIT, more planes will be park, beyond the 190’s, 757,767 and A330. This is not over yet...at the right time they will talk about the 737’s & A320’s schedule to be park/retired as well....all that is already scheduled, and I really hope they don’t accelerate that. Hope they save some for the actual thereafter...is all in black and white, like I’ve said before, Just Facts. Hope Parker takes the bailout money, But that will ruin his plan...time will tell. Not to worry, everybody will find out soon. BTW 100k cases by Saturday morning in the US. Hate when I am right.
    I really don't see how they can catch up from this mess without a furlough. It was 6 years before a recall from 9/11, so another 5 to hire new hires...how long before anybody flows AAgain?🤔🤔🤔
    A decade? Hope I am wrong!⏰⏰⏰
    You have not provided the facts. Let's see the document. I call BS

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post
    You have not provided the facts. Let's see the document. I call BS
    And I won’t, have Parker unblock that information, and will be my pleasure to post it on this forum. BTW, there are 2 Gentlemen on this forum that I have share the documents with. But 18 months from now, (if that long), take a look at AA’s fleet count, and you will see....
    “The New American”

Hope you are looking from the inside, not from the outside.

“Hang Tight Boys”
    2021 has arrived sooner that expected, like a freight train.

Mr. Kelly:
    Please don’t give Mr. Parker any Ideas!

“Southwest say the airline may be preparing to reject any federal stimulus because of the strings attached to it.”

”Southwest Airlines could reject bailout and trim workforce.”
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 03-27-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Thread Information