Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    From a former Eagle guy now Airbus captain at DAL.

Rumor that the company isnít going to offer the 55hr pay to stay home for Airbus pilots. Rumor says the company is considering going to mainly all airbus fleet. Since between the 319-320-321, we are the most optimal fleet for loads.

This makes financial sense. They can adjust the size for the load on a case by case basis.

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

I think Delta’s decision-making over the last 5 years was far superior to that of the keystone cops at AA and going forward they will continue that disparity. Parker shot craps jacking debt through the ceiling with all those new aircraft now earning no profit. He expected 3-7 billion/year to pay for them before economic collapse, but lost the crapshoot with feeble metrics that hideously undershot those promises. Throw stock buy backs to well over 10 billion which are now worthless and that’s just another blunder. The stock has plummeted FAR more than the competition, labor has left the building emotionally and the product was in the dumpster before the collapse.

Anyone who has confidence that the ringmasters of this circus clown show are going to fly AA out of the ashes with precision and compete with competitors like Delta in the future is delusional. The only way is to change AA by making it smaller too and that means shifting more flying out of mainline. Problem is, that just alienates mainline employees further, so AA has virtually ZERO chance of ever rehabilitating their product.

Like I said many months ago, it’s a Catch-22.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 03-20-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I think Delta’s decision-making over the last 5 years was far superior to that of the keystone cops at AA and going forward they will continue that disparity. Parker shot craps jacking debt through the ceiling with all those new aircraft now earning no profit. He expected 3-7 billion/year to pay for them before economic collapse, but lost the crapshoot with feeble metrics that hideously undershot those promises. Throw stock buy backs to well over 10 billion which are now worthless and that’s just another blunder. The stock has plummeted FAR more than the competition, labor has left the building emotionally and the product was in the dumpster before the collapse.

Anyone who has confidence that the ringmasters of this circus clown show are going to fly AA out of the ashes with precision and compete with competitors like Delta in the future is delusional. The only way is to change AA by making it smaller too and that means shifting more flying out of mainline. Problem is, that just alienates mainline employees further, so AA has virtually ZERO chance of ever rehabilitating their product.

Like I said many months ago, it’s a Catch-22.
    What do you expect from an America West CEO.

Level
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Hmmm. For all the Delta fanboys. How about their 10 billion in stock buybacks? Turns out they were just copying AA trying to get a leg up on them. How do you explain that one Einstein?

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Hmmm. For all the Delta fanboys. How about their 10 billion in stock buybacks? Turns out they were just copying AA trying to get a leg up on them. How do you explain that one Einstein?
    They weren't “copying” AA, Lloyd. All the major airlines have been doing this in varying amounts for many years. It’s a practice that has many risks. A MAJOR difference is Delta stock was much more stable and thus valuable returning better dividends to shareholders. Delta’s balance sheet was also leaps and bounds better than AA’s. But, all are now in the similar boats as a result of it, it’s just that some boats are taking on water faster than others.

Speaking of leaky boats, AA has 29 BILLION in present debt and is hemorrhaging money like never before. More loans=more debt. Even if AA gets a bailout and stabilizes soon, what risks go forward carrying a new, even larger mountain of debt? They’ll always be one hiccup away from collapse. VERY bad if you’re junior and tied to this boat.

If I was you Mr. Christmas, I’d make sure my financial affairs are in order.

Level
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Info just for the "Delta is the greatest thing since sliced bread" aficionados on here.

Delta credit rating downgraded to JUNK today.

Level
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

No problem you've been downgraded to junk shi+ for a long time now. If delta is junk we can only imagine what american is. Just a factoid

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    No problem you've been downgraded to junk shi+ for a long time now. If delta is junk we can only imagine what american is. Just a factoid
    He is about to get furlough too. And thatís a BIG downgrade...Dacuj, I told you 2021 was coming!!!
    You will be back in 5 years. On the positive side, thatís only have the time it took the guys during 9/11. That will keep you positive!!

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/6
    Given: 15/18

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    He is about to get furlough too. And that’s a BIG downgrade...Dacuj, I told you 2021 was coming!!!
    You will be back in 5 years. On the positive side, that’s only have the time it took the guys during 9/11. That will keep you positive!!
    Wow...you predicted Covid-19. Absolute genius. All part of the 2021 plan. Got it.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sloosky View Post
    Wow...you predicted Covid-19. Absolute genius. All part of the 2021 plan. Got it.
    Actually no, but what Covid-19 did was speed up was was already planned for 2021 & thereafter. This virus just fell in Doug Parkerís lap, now he wonít even have to fight the unions, to execute what was scheduled to happen anyway....BUT WAIT, more planes will be park, beyond the 190ís, 757,767 and A330. This is not over yet...at the right time they will talk about the 737ís & A320ís schedule to be park/retired as well....all that is already scheduled, and I really hope they donít accelerate that. Hope they save some for the actual thereafter...is all in black and white, like Iíve said before, Just Facts. Hope Parker takes the bailout money, But that will ruin his plan...time will tell. Not to worry, everybody will find out soon. BTW 100k cases by Saturday morning in the US. Hate when I am right.
    I really don't see how they can catch up from this mess without a furlough. It was 6 years before a recall from 9/11, so another 5 to hire new hires...how long before anybody flows AAgain?🤔🤔🤔
    A decade? Hope I am wrong!⏰⏰⏰
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 03-26-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Actually no, but what Covid-19 did was speed up was was already planned for 2021 & thereafter. This virus just fell in Doug Parkerís lap, now he wonít even have to fight the unions, to execute what was scheduled to happen anyway....BUT WAIT, more planes will be park, beyond the 190ís, 757,767 and A330. This is not over yet...at the right time they will talk about the 737ís & A320ís schedule to be park/retired as well....all that is already scheduled, and I really hope they donít accelerate that. Hope they save some for the actual thereafter...is all in black and white, like Iíve said before, Just Facts. Hope Parker takes the bailout money, But that will ruin his plan...time will tell. Not to worry, everybody will find out soon. BTW 100k cases by Saturday morning in the US. Hate when I am right.
    I really don't see how they can catch up from this mess without a furlough. It was 6 years before a recall from 9/11, so another 5 to hire new hires...how long before anybody flows AAgain?🤔🤔🤔
    You have not provided the facts. Let's see the document. I call BS

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post
    You have not provided the facts. Let's see the document. I call BS
    And I wonít, have Parker unblock that information, and will be my pleasure to post it on this forum. BTW, there are 2 Gentlemen on this forum that I have share the documents with. But 18 months from now, (if that long), take a look at AAís fleet count, and you will see....
    ďThe New AmericanĒ

Hope you are looking from the inside, not from the outside.

ďHang Tight BoysĒ
    2021 has arrived sooner that expected, like a freight train.

Mr. Kelly:
    Please donít give Mr. Parker any Ideas!

ďSouthwest say the airline may be preparing to reject any federal stimulus because of the strings attached to it.Ē

ĒSouthwest Airlines could reject bailout and trim workforce.Ē
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 03-27-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 71/17
    Given: 71/4

Ignore User

Cool. So who cares? Oh AA goes bankrupt... 2021 splish splash..blah blah blah STFU. We are all gonna go broke and die.... congrats you win an internet cookie for being correct.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by v1rotate View Post
    Cool. So who cares? Oh AA goes bankrupt... 2021 splish splash..blah blah blah STFU. We are all gonna go broke and die.... congrats you win an internet cookie for being correct.
    Guess you donít like facts...
    If thatís the case, then DO NOT read the next line.

The # of furloughs at mAAinline will surprise you...
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 04-05-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 71/17
    Given: 71/4

Ignore User

Guess you donít like facts...
    If thatís the case, then DO NOT read the next line.

The # of furloughs at mAAinline will surprise you...
    Cool. You sure showed me.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

He raises many valid points. Some of the things he says I already knew, and agreed with. His explanations and projections are not unreasonable conclusions at all.

Personally, I think the Coronavirus is the perfect cover AAG needed to close bases sooner, park old planes sooner, and right size the infrastructure for the future.... all done under cover of COVID19. With bailout money and other grants/loans there is a real possibility that they get to do a real restructuring without declaring bankruptcy. Since the competition is shut down too, it's not the same as if they'd tried to downsize/right size while the others were still running full steam ahead. If the loans/grants are enough, and if the shutdown ends soon enough this could actually save them from the projected eventual BK.
    __________________________________________________ __

Base
    LAX/ORD/LGA/DFW
    A/C Flown
    SF3/EMB/CRJ
    Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/0
    Given: 5/0

Ignore User

Unfortunately, I agree with you guys. Ballpark numbers:
    Fleet size 950->600
    AA management wants 1280 early retirements plus 4000 short term leaves. We currently have around 15,000 on the list.

If the fleet is 2/3 the size (600 V 950) then 10,000 pilots is about the right size. Ballpark figures.

BK? Donít know. If they can restructure 10/2020 - 03/2021 then I donít see it happening.

Furlough? Maybe. Maybe not. That depends on leaves and the speed of recovery. If we enter a depression we will furlough to the bone.

But... Iím just a pilot.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

All not well at the big D....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/delta-coronavirus-flight-attendants_n_5e908793c5b6260471e0c37e?fbclid=IwAR2 XKBY0PJq5lobOOJQp5KtvxNrT4RGa4QR4Wv5sPQ_GcCQ-z3RAa1HVsWQ

Terrified of coronavirus, flight crews balked at the instructions as an infringement on employees’ freedom of speech.

By
    Alexander C. Kaufman

Delta Air Lines has directed flight attendants who test positive for the coronavirus to “refrain from notifying” fellow crew members or posting about their health on social media, according to an email HuffPost reviewed.

The email, sent Thursday afternoon to more than 25,000 flight attendants, stated that Delta management will “follow an established process” to alert co-workers who recently came in contact with flight attendants who “are symptomatic or diagnosed with COVID-19,” the respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus.

“Please refrain from notifying other crew members on your own,” read the email, which was sent at 2:20 p.m. Eastern time. “Once you have completed the reporting procedures listed above, leaders will follow the established process to notify any impacted flight attendants.”

The email provides phone numbers for hotlines to report diagnoses and inform management of plans to take an absence, and urges employees to “please ensure you complete these actions as soon as symptoms occur.”

But the instructions also warn against sharing any information on social media or the company’s intranet: “Please do not post on social media (including SkyHub) about your health status.”

“Employees have freedom of speech about their health,” one flight attendant, who spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of being fired, told HuffPost in a text message Thursday night. “No employer can take that away. We have a responsibility to take care of ourselves, our coworkers and everyone we come in contact with.”

At 9 a.m. on Friday, Delta said it posted an update on its employee intranet asking that flight attendants allow management to handle communicating new infections because “we take the responsibility of notifying all of our Delta people seriously and have a strong protocol in place to ensure we get in touch with anyone potentially exposed to provide support.”

“Indeed, it was not our intent to cause confusion among flight attendants on this,” Delta spokesperson Morgan Durrant told HuffPost by email. He added that “there are no plans to penalize anyone” who violates the protocols.

At least one flight attendant said they received a call from Delta’s human resources department about social media updates they posted about a colleague who is currently on a ventilator in intensive care, but HuffPost could not independently verify the details of the conversation.

HuffPost obtained audio of a voicemail received by another flight attendant who came in contact with a colleague who tested positive for the virus. The two-minute voicemail, from an employee in Delta’s Atlanta headquarters, alerts the flight attendant that they “may have been exposed in the last 14 days to a person on your recent rotation who may have had symptoms of COVID-19,” but encourages them to continue working.

“I’m sharing this information with you for your awareness,” the caller said in the voicemail. “We have evaluated your level of exposure, and because of this, you may continue to fly while self-monitoring for symptoms for 14 days.”

Coronavirus is highly contagious and can be transmitted by individuals who are asymptomatic.

The updated procedure came a week after a
    leaked video revealed
    that a Delta executive ordered pilots who test positive for the virus to withhold the diagnosis from crew members. The video drew heated criticism from flight attendants, whose attempts to unionize at the world’s highest-revenue-generating airline have been fiercely opposed by management.

“It’s a sad, sad situation that the flight attendants and other workers at Delta ― groundworkers, ticket agents, ramp services and mechanics ― don’t know if they can trust the company now,” James Carlson ― the assistant airline coordinator of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, the union with which flight attendants at Delta are seeking representation ―
    told HuffPost
    last week.

Since then, the number of pilots who tested positive nearly doubled to 57, according to figures reported Friday morning on the pilots’ union
    website
    Employees have freedom of speech about their health. No employer can take that away. We have a responsibility to take care of ourselves, our coworkers and everyone we come in contact with.

Delta flight attendant

The airline industry is facing dramatic upheaval from the pandemic. Congress approved $50 billion in aid for passenger carriers as part of its $2.2 trillion emergency relief package. But as layoffs mount, analysts say the only hope of averting more job cuts is a swift return to normal air travel, a scenario that looks unlikely in the months ahead as the disease continues to spread and the death toll rises.

Flight crew unions, meanwhile, have called for additional measures to curtail whatever unnecessary air travel remains scheduled. On Monday, the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, which is also running a union drive at Delta, and the National Air Traffic Controllers Association
    called for
    “a halt to all leisure travel.”

“We’re calling on a coordinated government response, we’re calling on all our airlines, and we’re also calling for leadership from DOT and FAA on advising the public that we do not need any leisure travel right now,” said Sara Nelson, the powerful head of the AFA-CWA, the nation’s largest flight attendants’ union.
    __________________________________________________ __

Thread Information