Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    That’s odd I was at Eagle in 2007 and flowed later!!
    I have also flowed. In 2018. Went to the line for a year and now on SA. So, since you hired in 07 as well....you know there was no flow through for anyone other than the flow through guys who had numbers and were waiting. There was no hiring for a long time, then furlough recalls, then those flow throughs started. Around that time the 824 happened which you STILL would not have been part of. Not a single 824 was a 2007 hire. It was only the transfer of aircraft to AA that brought the flow in for you and me and everyone after. AAG has only enhanced it and made it better since.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

I bet, it's less per month with every different group. Also there was a flow but just as now it requires a new hors class and everyone on the property was part of it in some way. So, under your logic when aa stops hiring then there is no flow at envoy.

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    This is NOT your grandfather's "American Eagle." This is Envoy....wholly owned by AAG....who also wholly owns American Airlines. One and the same brah. Along the same lines, we don't hire "American Eagle" pilots here. American AIRLINES pilots are hired. Why do you think all of the time and effort was invested in establishing the pipeline program? So that the best and brightest end up in American Airlines cockpits. This isn't 1987 when Envoy just hires some Baron driver flying for Virgil Pickens Oil Co outta West Texas. Envoy hires pilots that have been highly educated and have learned all of the ins and outs of 121 flying from day one in their accredited college. Notice I said "educated" and "college" hint hint DEGREE. Unlike that 1987 Baron driver I mentioned, the pipeline cadets are degreed in addition to being highly trained and ready to hit the ground running on day one of indoc.

So, back to your point. This new hire was extremely bright and had a very complex algorithm showing his flow date plus or minus one month and track to the 330 right seat with approximately 2 months error on either side. Yes, I and he are very aware that some new hires go right into the 75/76. However, this individual lived in Philly and only wanted 330.
    The Eagle system has been wholly-owned for the majority of its existence, son. You need to bone up on your history. Most of the cadets coming up through the pipeline today have very little actual instrument time and zero time keeping their buttís out of the weeds in real world IFR. Very little of their 1000 hours is accrued outside of the traffic pattern, practice area or carefully controlled cross-country flights where their hands are held. Most would poke a baron into the ground fairly quickly under challenging nighttime, low-IFR conditions with 1000 hours of mostly fixed-gear single-engine VFR.

As far as one persons ďalgorithmsĒ, thatís all based on assumption and hopeful fantasy. AA very likely wonít be operating A330ís by the time most of these new Envoy pipe hitters even get to AA and then they can add another 6-7 years to get to 777/787 F/O at the most junior domicile (most commuting).

Youíre talking 15 years from now for them to get to your 5 years or so griftological lollipop. How many times can one clown swing and miss?

Thread Information