Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Drama Llama...

All employees will be offered their same position within the company. They are closing the one office and homebred RES. It's not like they are reducing jobs due to lack of work.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0

Ignore User

Reducing homebased positions seems counter intuitive to other industries that are much more involved with phone work. I know many call center companies like USAA, discover and Amex have all increased their homebased positions to cut cost.

Nothing like reverse innovation!

Level
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dvtpilot View Post
    Reducing homebased positions seems counter intuitive to other industries that are much more involved with phone work. I know many call center companies like USAA, discover and Amex have all increased their homebased positions to cut cost.

Nothing like reverse innovation!
    AA has traditionally always been a follower, so perhaps this is part of a new initiative of leading? So far they have led the industry in stock buybacks (almost a 5 billion dollar miscalculation), maximizing aircraft seating to ensure a miserable, cramped experience, removal of entertainment functions others are adding or improving, doubling down on regional affiliate dependence (highly risky which others who are successful are avoiding), blanket alienation of front-line employees along with a massive profit-sharing plan for management.

Looking at liquidity and debt, stock performance, employee attitude and related customer satisfaction, one could argue their leadership efforts aren’t producing any better results then their past following abilities. What to do, what to do?

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post
    Drama Llama...

All employees will be offered their same position within the company. They are closing the one office and homebred RES. It's not like they are reducing jobs due to lack of work.
    Yes, of course... because supplying office space for full time employees is so much cheaper than part time or even full time working happily from home. Can’t have that, must bring them in the office where they can be properly trained to spread the misery.
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Yes, of course... because supplying office space for full time employees is so much cheaper than part time or even full time working happily from home. Can’t have that, must bring them in the office where they can be properly trained to spread the misery.
    I would certainly hope it is cheaper, after all isn’t that where the operation has been geared towards over the last 7 years.......that being rock bottom expenses to maximize profit (and thus profit sharing for some)? Personally, I think another component is the need to micromanage and for absolute control by a small cadre of senior managers. I also believe virtually none of these people will be leaving their homes and cities to move to an office under these circumstances, so the cost savings is just as much about eliminating higher cost employees and replacing them with entry-level.

Of course, the old saying “you get what you pay for” will apply IMO. All in all, completely predictable considering the past. Again, the future appears pretty predictable as well at least again IMO.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 10-08-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I would certainly hope it is cheaper, after all isn’t that where the operation has been geared towards over the last 7 years.......that being rock bottom expenses to maximize profit (and thus profit sharing for some)? Personally, I think another component is the need to micromanage and for absolute control by a small cadre of senior managers. I also believe virtually none of these people will be leaving their homes and cities to move to an office under these circumstances, so the cost savings is just as much about eliminating higher cost employees and replacing them with entry-level.

Of course, the old saying “you get what you pay for” will apply IMO. All in all, completely predictable considering the past. Again, the future appears pretty predictable as well at least again IMO.
    Having everyone in a central location allows easier communication and could reduce headcount as you are able to spread the work out more easily.

Ever watch Walking Dead? Neegan asks Eugene what his name is and Eugene doesn't even hesitate. I'm Neegan, always have been Neegan, I was born Neegan, never been anybody else.

Me. I'm Envoy, always been Envoy always will be Envoy and was born Envoy. It's true I can still be Envoy now even though I'm on the AA side of the house because it's the same company, just under AAG. See, I'm not a hypocrite.

You. I'm bitter, born bitter, always have been bitter, will always be bitter.
    Last edited by Dacuj; 10-08-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Having everyone in a central location allows easier communication and could reduce headcount as you are able to spread the work out more easily.

Ever watch Walking Dead? Neegan asks Eugene what his name is and Eugene doesn't even hesitate. I'm Neegan, always have been Neegan, I was born Neegan, never been anybody else.

Me. I'm Envoy, always been Envoy always will be Envoy and was born Envoy. It's true I can still be Envoy now even though I'm on the AA side of the house because it's the same company, just under AAG. See, I'm not a hypocrite.

Yes kid, we’ve all heard your claims of what and where you are ad nauseam. The fact is you love Envoy because without it, you’d be selling nails and un hirable anywhere else except other participants in the bottom tier regionals. I did laugh at your reference to “The Walking Dead”. It reminds me of a certain airline that’s positioned itself that should the economy tank, it goes right along with it.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 10-09-2019 at 01:26 AM.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Yes, because the internet, Skype meetings, FaceTime, messenger video calling, group texts, group emails, teleconferences, group chat rooms are all so much slower than walking around a building looking for people individually.......

they don't want written record....
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Yes, because the internet, Skype meetings, FaceTime, messenger video calling, group texts, group emails, teleconferences, group chat rooms are all so much slower than walking around a building looking for people individually.......

they don't want written record....
    You mean other valuable tools successful companies are using? Agreed. Besides, they have to justify that fabulous new campus.

Level
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

(Gomer Pyle) Surprise, surprise, surprise!

Fric and Frac, both ardent Envoy haters today expressed yet again their disdain and displeasure with American Airlines. Because they feel that they have been "wronged" by the company, they developed an all out campaign of lies and hate and they find good company here with the 4 total posters that visit here that are their "groupies" and are too stupid to think for themselves. The REAL information on Envoy can be found on reputable chat boards such as APC. In short, the flow is operational and then engine is purring like a kitten and running smoothly. New hires are coming on and seeing their AA transfer date only getting closer. The pipeline is full and brand new CFIs are all clamoring for a chance to instruct in the Envoy affiliated academies so that they can onboard with a major legacy airline and only do a single interview, no medical transfer over when their number comes up. Climb high and go far. Apply for your pipeline slot today and don't delay as the qualifications are high and slots are few as they fill up quickly.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

(Gomer Pyle) Surprise, surprise, surprise!

Fric and Frac, both ardent Envoy haters today expressed yet again their disdain and displeasure with American Airlines. Because they feel that they have been "wronged" by the company, they developed an all out campaign of lies and hate and they find good company here with the 4 total posters that visit here that are their "groupies" and are too stupid to think for themselves. The REAL information on Envoy can be found on reputable chat boards such as APC. In short, the flow is operational and then engine is purring like a kitten and running smoothly. New hires are coming on and seeing their AA transfer date only getting closer. The pipeline is full and brand new CFIs are all clamoring for a chance to instruct in the Envoy affiliated academies so that they can onboard with a major legacy airline and only do a single interview, no medical transfer over when their number comes up. Climb high and go far. Apply for your pipeline slot today and don't delay as the qualifications are high and slots are few as they fill up quickly.
    Actually no surprise here, Goober.

This is yet another rambling incoherent run-on sentence of a composition filled with the usual baseless assumptions that apparently provides you some measure of pleasure (I’m sure not as much as your “alone time” with E-175 videos though), yet is devoid of substance. As a result you come to the same erroneous, yet emotionally satisfying conclusions akin to running your football into your own end zone.

BTW, does your supervisor at the Crystal Palace know what you’re doing instead of attending to your supposed SA responsibilities? .......or is it more likely your mom never ventures down to the cloistered confines of her basement where her demented son attempts to validate his existence?

Thread Information