Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/6
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

UA Pilot Recruitment Program

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Looks like United just started a flow program.

https://www.avweb.com/recent-updates...tment-program/

United Airlines announced the launch of a new pilot recruitment program on Thursday. Called Aviate, the program offers “structured career pathways” for pilots and promises “the fastest path within the industry to a major airline” with a regional partner minimum requirement of 24 months and 2,000 hours. According to United, Aviate is open to “pilots at all stages of their journey—from college training to regional airline flying.”

Citing retirements, attrition and projected growth, United says it anticipated hiring more than 10,000 pilots by 2029. “With nearly half of our 12,500 pilots retiring in the next decade, combined with a period of strong growth at our airline, United is uniquely positioned to offer pilots the opportunity to get where they want to go in their careers faster than ever,” said United Senior Vice President of Flight Operations and chief pilot Bryan Quigley.

The airline says successful Aviate applicants will receive a conditional job offer with United along with coaching and career development provided by the program. They will also have opportunities for access to senior leadership, site visits and tours, and some travel privileges. Current Aviate regional partners include Air Wisconsin, ExpressJet, Mesa Airlines and CommutAir.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Wait, we will hear from the Oracle dadouce soon, after his anal probing at his indoc for his SA, now over a year in waiting.

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Jdflyer View Post
    Looks like United just started a flow program.

https://www.avweb.com/recent-updates...tment-program/

United Airlines announced the launch of a new pilot recruitment program on Thursday. Called Aviate, the program offers “structured career pathways” for pilots and promises “the fastest path within the industry to a major airline” with a regional partner minimum requirement of 24 months and 2,000 hours. According to United, Aviate is open to “pilots at all stages of their journey—from college training to regional airline flying.”

Citing retirements, attrition and projected growth, United says it anticipated hiring more than 10,000 pilots by 2029. “With nearly half of our 12,500 pilots retiring in the next decade, combined with a period of strong growth at our airline, United is uniquely positioned to offer pilots the opportunity to get where they want to go in their careers faster than ever,” said United Senior Vice President of Flight Operations and chief pilot Bryan Quigley.

The airline says successful Aviate applicants will receive a conditional job offer with United along with coaching and career development provided by the program. They will also have opportunities for access to senior leadership, site visits and tours, and some travel privileges. Current Aviate regional partners include Air Wisconsin, ExpressJet, Mesa Airlines and CommutAir.
    I predicted this years ago. Was I smarter then others? Nope. It's simply the obvious evolution considering the impending shortage of pilots needed for the industry. It's just the beginning. That shortage has already slammed into the regionals and soon it will hit the legacies like Delta and United. LCC's like AA will be in espcially significant trouble. More trouble then the premier legacies like these two. Why? In the case of AA, it will be a combination of factors including, but not limited to a larger retirement schedule, more dependance on regional flying (a losing hand that Delta and United are moving away from), a poor culture for pilots and inferior compensation and QWL.

In the near future, prospective pilots will be able to better choose their career companies and pathways and will look at ROI. LCC AA simply won't be able to compete for the prime candidates and will end up getting the scraps as they are viewed as either a consolation prize or just another stepping stone for a year or two and be further hamstrung in its ability to respond to the marketplace and compete only weakening its position more. The perfect Catch-22. Sad in that it didn't have to be this way.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 10-04-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I predicted this years ago. Was I smarter then others? Nope. It's simply the obvious evolution considering the impending shortage of pilots needed for the industry. It's just the beginning. That shortage has already slammed into the regionals and soon it will hit the legacies like Delta and United. LCC's like AA will be in espcially significant trouble. More trouble then the premier legacies like these two. Why? In the case of AA, it will be a combination of factors including, but not limited to a larger retirement schedule, more dependance on regional flying (a losing hand that Delta and United are moving away from), a poor culture for pilots and inferior compensation and QWL.

In the near future, prospective pilots will be able to better choose their career companies and pathways and will look at ROI. LCC AA simply won't be able to compete for the prime candidates and will end up getting the scraps as they are viewed as either a consolation prize or just another stepping stone for a year or two and be further hamstrung in its ability to respond to the marketplace and compete only weakening its position more. The perfect Catch-22. Sad in that it didn't have to be this way.
    Nostradamus? Not by a long shot. You are so far out in left field that you can't see the bleachers.

Listen, this is in no way a "flow." It's a pig with lipstick on it. In fact, there are even more hoops to jump through with Aviate than with the old CPP program. Guess you did zero research. You still have to INTERVIEW and be accepted by TWO boards now instead of one. Sorry Charlie. Another EPIC fail. If you have any real questions you want answered, just ask. I'm within spitting distance of the C Suites.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Nostradamus? Not by a long shot. You are so far out in left field that you can't see the bleachers.

Listen, this is in no way a "flow." It's a pig with lipstick on it. In fact, there are even more hoops to jump through with Aviate than with the old CPP program. Guess you did zero research. You still have to INTERVIEW and be accepted by TWO boards now instead of one. Sorry Charlie. Another EPIC fail. If you have any real questions you want answered, just ask. I'm within spitting distance of the C Suites.
    For all that you claim it isn’t, you know what it is and will continue to be?

A better pathway to a more professionally and financially rewarding destination than what a Envoy offers. I predicted both Delta and United eventually will have to compete with the AA trickle and they are. As for “scraps” and AA? That too is true. Don’t believe me?

Go to the nearest bathroom mirror and look at that sad, pathetic example that stares into your eyes.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Really? They know on day one after their interviews if they get to flow. Then as long as they don’t have discipline problems (like Envoys flow) then they get to go after 2 years and 2,000 hours. That is 7 years faster to a legacy carrier than ANY of the AAG flow programs. You’re pretty stupid if you can’t see that’s a much better deal for a new guy starting out. If by chance they do not get the okay to flow, they can always apply to PSA, PDT or as a last resort Envoy as the backup. I’d put Envoy sooner, but they’ve just recently proven again that they can’t be trusted with their payroll fiasco not honoring a new LOA plus their history of abusive treatment of their pilots.
    Easy to fix, but not with this management group.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 10-04-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Really? They know on day one after their interviews if they get to flow. Then as long as they don’t have discipline problems (like Envoys flow) then they get to go after 2 years and 2,000 hours. That 7 years faster to a legacy carrier than ANY of the AAG flow programs. You’re pretty stupid if you can’t see that’s a better deal for a new guy starting out. If by chance they do not get the okay to flow, they can always apply to PSA, PDT or as a last resort Envoy as the backup. I’d put Envoy sooner, but they’ve just recently proven again that they can’t be trusted with their payroll fiasco not honoring a new LOA plus their history of abusive treatment of their pilots.
    Easy to fix, but not with this management group.
    Good points.

Unlike the Envoy magical mystery tour, United candidates A. Know where they stand from the very beginning as my bet tsays they honor what they promise., B. Know the exact requirements upfront., and C. They have been informed of a clear and specific timetable to make the transition. This is in addition to having a MUCH better final destination (a true "legacy") and having a MUCH faster path to get there. Looks like a no-brainer to me. Delta will soon amp up its pathway crippling the AA flow further. IMO, the AA flow in present form will be virtually worthless as a recruiting tool in the fairly near future as its inferioirty will be widely recognized.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 10-04-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

There is only one problem, in 2021 and thereafter United is not pulling a big surprise out of their sleeve ...it’s only in American. Tic, Toc...15 months and counting. 🕰
    “I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.”

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 60/7
    Given: 7/6

Ignore User

Don’t confuse the company stooge with facts. His pea brain may explode.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

You guys are nothing short of pathetic. Your hatred of Envoy has blinded you to anything but what you want to hear.

This Aviate program is nothing more than a repackaged, LESS APPEALING CPP. Go check the Air Wisky, XJT and Commutair forums on APC. To a man, no one is buying this baloney. Further, to a man, everyone is gushing over the AAG flow program and its true SUPERIORITY and being a TRUE flow. Most of the positive comments are about, yep you guessed it, Envoy.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

You guys are nothing short of pathetic. Your hatred of Envoy has blinded you to anything but what you want to hear.

This Aviate program is nothing more than a repackaged, LESS APPEALING CPP. Go check the Air Wisky, XJT and Commutair forums on APC. To a man, no one is buying this baloney. Further, to a man, everyone is gushing over the AAG flow program and its true SUPERIORITY and being a TRUE flow. Most of the positive comments are about, yep you guessed it, Envoy.
    I just skimmed those forums and the claim that the response is negative "to a man" is once again misleading (your specialty). The reviews are mixed, but the negative comments I read aren't really based on anything factual, just assumption. I think it will prove itself (or not) over time.

Two points I'll make; First, regardless of whether it pans out or not for any particular pilot, that pilot will know within 2 years instead of wallowing for nearly a decade wondering if they just threw their most competitive years and thousands of numbers of seniority somewhere equal or better down the crapper. Second, the ultimate destination (UAL) is FAR superior, that being a legacy destined to inevitably improve its already more lucrative pilot employment metrics vs. AA which is now little more then a glorified LCC descending towards a regional airline gone viral.

'nuff said.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 10-05-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Envoy is the best there ever has been period. I miss the 175. Saw several of those good looking tails parked together at the B terminal a week ago and I still get the old rise in the Levi's.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Envoy is the best there ever has been period. I miss the 175. Saw several of those good looking tails parked together at the B terminal a week ago and I still get the old rise in the Levi's.

I can only assume a quick trip to the loo for some “alone time” relieved some of that aeronautical tension, yes?

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

You are seriously as aag is too, totally messed up. Seriously use eap and get professional help for yourself.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    You are seriously as aag is too, totally messed up. Seriously use eap and get professional help for yourself.
    Remember, he’s jerking everyone off here. Don’t lose sight of what he is and have fun with it. Better yet, use it more effectively to highlight the flaws of Envoy. He’s still at Envoy and will never leave.

Thread Information