Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

AA Positive Reviews

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

*** of San Jose, CA
    Verified Reviewer

Original review: March 11, 2019Used to choose the cheapest flight when traveled with family. Finally decided to stick with one for mileage points - chose AA because it had the better value for the cost with the many destinations. Now a retired empty nester I hardly fly but when I do I generally fly business/first class for long flights. I do like the service in business class, even the attendants seem happier, reminds me of when my parents used to take our family to Europe. I've used my points for free flights.

*** of Plainfield, IL
    Verified Reviewer

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019We had made an error when booking our flight. Unfortunately we were past the 24 hours free change policy. However, when I called and explained the situation, customer service was able to walk me through requesting an exception through their website. I received an email back within the timeframe given. They approved my request but what meant more was that the email was personal and not a scripted email. From beginning to end all employees were extremely understanding and sympathetic. Thank you so much for your assistance.

So much negativity here, I'm pointing out just two of the THOUSANDS of positives from AA's customer base.

Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Oh, I see.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    [FONT="]

*** of San Jose, CA
    Verified Reviewer

[/FONT]

Original review: March 11, 2019Used to choose the cheapest flight when traveled with family. Finally decided to stick with one for mileage points - chose AA because it had the better value for the cost with the many destinations. Now a retired empty nester I hardly fly but when I do I generally fly business/first class for long flights. I do like the service in business class, even the attendants seem happier, reminds me of when my parents used to take our family to Europe. I've used my points for free flights.

*** of Plainfield, IL
    Verified Reviewer

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019We had made an error when booking our flight. Unfortunately we were past the 24 hours free change policy. However, when I called and explained the situation, customer service was able to walk me through requesting an exception through their website. I received an email back within the timeframe given. They approved my request but what meant more was that the email was personal and not a scripted email. From beginning to end all employees were extremely understanding and sympathetic. Thank you so much for your assistance.

So much negativity here, I'm pointing out just two of the THOUSANDS of positives from AA's customer base.
    The media must be peddling fake news then, eh ? In fact, AA management must be confused as they themselves acknowledge their operational and product shortcomings actually employing a group to individually call customers to apologize, etc.

There's a wise saying for drug dealers which I think applies to propagandist grifters such as yourself and that's "Don't get high on your own supply." Stop guzzling your own kool-aid.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

They are paid to post that positive drible.
    It's all fake news except the one that effects your wallet

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    They are paid to post that positive drible.
    It's all fake news except the one that effects your wallet
    Approximately how long have you worked here?

Level
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post
    Approximately how long have you worked here?
    He isn't the brightest bulb in the box is he?

What's in your wallet?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

What's offensive. Been here long enough to know bull shi+ when I hear it, read it. And nothing from dacuj is pure 100 percent factual. What I said was what effects my wallet meaning my pay which is below most. You think the once and while traveler means something, doubt it. Not to management.
    As long as wall street stays off there back nothing going to change at dougies doggy show.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Reaching aren't you brah? Seriously, even the people described in the article admit that AA employees were nice. They were just trying to follow procedure. What happens if you don't follow FM-1 over there at you lowball ACMI outfit? Exactly. There you go. Asked and answered.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Reaching aren't you brah? Seriously, even the people described in the article admit that AA employees were nice. They were just trying to follow procedure. What happens if you don't follow FM-1 over there at you lowball ACMI outfit? Exactly. There you go. Asked and answered.
    LOL, That’s the kind of procedure that puts companies out of business.....

what a dope comment

our customer service far exceeds anything I’ve ever seen or heard of at AA/AE
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

LOL, That’s the kind of procedure that puts companies out of business.....

what a dope comment

our customer service far exceeds anything I’ve ever seen or heard of at AA/AE
    Much like my shop and every other ACMI airline, Omni doesn't have customer service in the same way as every 121 airline.
    Omni needs to work on getting a better just culture, and less fire, ready, aim style discipline.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    Much like my shop and every other ACMI airline, Omni doesn't have customer service in the same way as every 121 airline.
    You'd be surprised. We don’t do boxes, and we have many customers other than DOD. The Vacations Hawaii stuff is very much all about customer service. We’re also still doing this:

https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/...-canada-4.html

and will be for a while as it was just extended. I’d add that even our DOD flights are highly customer oriented.... and in my opinion those troops are the most important passengers I’ve ever carried. Their service has allowed us all to freely pursue our own ambitions and lives.

There is always a customer, be it a single entity chartering the flight, or hundreds of paying pax using a packaged vacation. Customer service is just as important here as at a regular airline.

Omni needs to work on getting a better just culture, and less fire, ready, aim style discipline.
    I do not disagree completely, although it’s hard to defend such stupidity that borders on self-termination. That said, the just culture at AAG is far worse. I’ve seen both up close directly from those involved, not through rumor, conjecture and passed along stories.

Here’s AAG/Envoy’s Just Culture.... harassed or even fired over illness, even with medical records....

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ker-sick-leave
    Last edited by Cujo665; 09-20-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

You'd be surprised. We don’t do boxes, and we have many customers other than DOD. The Vacations Hawaii stuff is very much all about customer service. We’re also still doing this:

https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/...-canada-4.html

and will be for a while as it was just extended. I’d add that even our DOD flights are highly customer oriented.... and in my opinion those troops are the most important passengers I’ve ever carried. Their service has allowed us all to freely pursue our own ambitions and lives.

There is always a customer, be it a single entity chartering the flight, or hundreds of paying pax using a packaged vacation. Customer service is just as important here as at a regular airline.

I do not disagree completely, although it’s hard to defend such stupidity that borders on self-termination. That said, the just culture at AAG is far worse. I’ve seen both up close directly from those involved, not through rumor, conjecture and passed along stories.

Here’s AAG/Envoy’s Just Culture.... harassed or even fired over illness, even with medical records....

I get it, we fly more NFL teams than any other airline, but we deal very little with the teams and mostly with NFL reps. Much like you will deal mostly with AC reps.

Also sorry the crews that just got fired shouldn't have been, and I am willing to bet airlines outside of Omni wouldn't have fired them. If it wasn't for Omni being a cheap-ass airline and used a real performance program the 777 and 767 crews would still have jobs.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I get it, we fly more NFL teams than any other airline, but we deal very little with the teams and mostly with NFL reps. Much like you will deal mostly with AC reps.
    i really don’t know what goes on at Atlas; I do know your characterization of what goes on here with our passengers is vastly different than you portray.

Also sorry the crews that just got fired shouldn't have been, and I am willing to bet airlines outside of Omni wouldn't have fired them. If it wasn't for Omni being a cheap-ass airline and used a real performance program the 777 and 767 crews would still have jobs.
    The performance program is actually pretty good. It’s similar to Jetblue and others. It’s pretty good, but it’s just an app. Garbage in gets garbage out. The company behaved exactly like AAG did when they fired the crew that turned the wrong way departing ORD.

I’m not going to discuss it publicly because I don’t want to jeopardize their grievances discussing it in public. Ive spoken with a few of those that were there, have you?
    Last edited by Cujo665; 09-20-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

This is hilarious! Two guys flying for 36th St Miami type lowball crap outfits arguing over who is better. Love it! It's like a Mesa and a Trans States guy arguing over which one is better.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

This is hilarious! Two guys flying for 36th St Miami type lowball crap outfits arguing over who is better. Love it! It's like a Mesa and a Trans States guy arguing over which one is better.
    That actually would be pretty funny..... if it were true.

You have the worst work rules in not just regional industry, but the ENTIRE aviation industry. I’ve looked at the CBA’s. Envoys is a mess. Conflicting language, soft language, all used by a hostile management to do as they please when they please. You’re one of the few with 8 hour airport standby, and the only one with unlimited airport standby. You have no long call reserve or any kind of schedule flexibility or enhancement. Your management has been promising to fix reserve for over 7 years now with zero changes.... and why? Because it works for them because they can do as they please. Yet bandaid after bandaid flowed and year after year went by... that airlines working conditions are the joke of the industry. Then, your schedules are nothing more than suggestions since they can RA at will for any reason. Don’t like it, fly it then grieve it... great job ALPA.... in the early 2000’s if it wasn’t in the CBA the answer was, it’s not in my contract, so I’m not obligated, C ya.
    Look, Envoy not only ignores the contract, they don’t even follow the law...

If you manage to get senior enough without a letter in your file you can flow to the worst of the big 6 airlines to work for, where everybody is angry, upset, indifferent, uncaring, or management. Is it still a good job, yeah... but it’s not the best anymore... it’s 6th.

The only things going for Envoy are stability in the regional industry, and a flow program that is rapidly becoming worthless as more and more pilots are being direct hired elsewhere long before their flow dates.

I’m sorry they’re having a hard time over at Atlas. They will eventually get a contract and it will be a good job to have. Till then I’ll help my brothers over there anyway I can to help force a fair agreement with a management that is about as unethical as AAG’s. Gonzo’s not a bad guy, and he works to help make things better for everybody; unlike you who are more of a self centered egotistical jackwagon type person. Your on par with a snake oil salesman. Omni, Kalitta and ATI and about on par with the better LCC’s. Atlas will be too once they get their new CBA. If you value never commuting, never needing a crashpad, living anywhere you want, keeping your air miles, keeping your hotel points and having 1 and done type days, then a good ACMI is hard to beat.

What’s really Hilarious was you trying to make something of it. LOL.
    That was funny, thanks for the laugh.

Edit - one last parting shot....
    Flexjet now pays new hire FO’s $100k to start. That’s more than your 10 year Captains base pay at Envoy. In fact, it’s more than you’re first year pay at AA. By the way, our first year rate is $117ph and goes to $123ph for new hires next year.... what’s yours again? It’s looking like AA is the 36th St Miami type lowball outfit of the legacy carriers.
    You guys need a new contract, make it a good one. A rising tide lifts all boats.
    I’ll be rooting for you guys to get a great deal.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 09-21-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

This is a scream! One jackwagon criticizing two far more superior pilot employers than the one he tries to convince others (and fails) that it's the best thing since sliced bread. What a hoot! It's like a Yugo owner criticizing ANY other car.

Giggity.

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 60/7
    Given: 7/6

Ignore User

Things are always looking up at voy. When you are on your knees!!!

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

You guys are freaking hilarious! What advantages does a brand spanking new hire at Envoy have over the two jokers here arguing over which bottom of the barrel rat infested ACMI outfit is better? Spectacular career progression, working for one of the largest legacy airlines in the world, flying the 175 instead of some ratted out Saab, best non rev travel benefits in the world, not to mention the prestige of working for American Airlines. After reading CUJO's post, it looks like he is actually pining after AA and would give anything to work here. To that I say, I'm sorry you were trapped in the lost decade and have ended up essentially on skid row. It hurts man, I know. So, you tell me. If you were a freshly minted pipeline CFI, what would you choose? The choice is absolutely clear no matter the crap that is belched out here.

What's in your wallet?

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

You guys are freaking hilarious! What advantages does a brand spanking new hire at Envoy have over the two jokers here arguing over which bottom of the barrel rat infested ACMI outfit is better? Spectacular career progression, working for one of the largest legacy airlines in the world, flying the 175 instead of some ratted out Saab, best non rev travel benefits in the world, not to mention the prestige of working for American Airlines. After reading CUJO's post, it looks like he is actually pining after AA and would give anything to work here. To that I say, I'm sorry you were trapped in the lost decade and have ended up essentially on skid row. It hurts man, I know. So, you tell me. If you were a freshly minted pipeline CFI, what would you choose? The choice is absolutely clear no matter the crap that is belched out here.

What's in your wallet?
    Seven years of indentured servitude isn’t worth it, and everybody that wants to can be hired elsewhere long before that seven year flow is up. Snake oil salesman may have been too generous. The only reason to go there is stability of being WO. In order of good to bad, a new CFI should target Endeavor, PSA, Envoy, PDT, in that order and then either Republic or Skywest. The rest will face hard times in the near future.

Yeah, life is just terrible. fly 4 legs all month and sit long call in Vegas and Honolulu at company provided Hilton hotels. I’m diamond at Hilton, are you status anywhere except your own mind....? No, play acting soldier doesn’t count.

Unless you live in domicile at a legacy, I’d put our QOL as better here. You’ll earn more at the legacy, but not as much more as you’d think.
    My schedule is 1 and done with 2-3 nights off, rinse and repeat. How’s yours?

what’s in you’re wallet? the key to your crashpad? That’s where I keep my company credit card, where do you keep yours?
    I’ll waive to you from first while you ride the JS on your own oversold airline..... if you get on.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 09-21-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Thread Information