Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Dispatcher Agreement Reached

  1. #1
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    931
    Level
    81
    Points: 16,318, Level: 81
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    Dispatcher Agreement Reached


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    More good news on the Envoy front. Dispatcher's just inked a new deal with the company that is wholly positive for both sides. Envoy just keeps on doing things that are positioning it solidly for the future.

    Envoy Air Inc., the largest wholly owned regional airline subsidiary of American Airlines Group (AAG) announced it has reached a tentative agreement with the Transport Workers Union (TWU) representing the carrier’s Dispatchers.
    Representatives from Envoy and the TWU negotiated a six-year agreement that raises wages, enhances work rules, improves benefits, and recognizes the valuable contributions of our Aircraft Dispatch employees who work in the carrier’s Systems Operation Control center, pre-planning and dispatching Envoy’s 1,000 daily flights.
    “My thanks to the negotiating teams at Envoy and the TWU for their efforts to reach a mutually beneficial agreement,” said Dee Temples, Senior Vice President Air Operations. “Much work and discussion went into creating an agreement that would support Envoy’s growth and create a stronger and more collaborative working relationship for years to come.”
    Full details of the Tentative Agreement will be provided to the membership by the TWU and sent to employees for ratification.
    “The TWU is proud to have reached an agreement that benefits both our long-tenured and newer TWU members. It provides better wages, long term job security and returns our long-tenured members back as leaders within the industry,” said TWU Air Division Director Mike Mayes. “Ratification and retention bonuses will provide members and their families some extra cushioning – paving a path to stability for our TWU Dispatchers now and for future generations to come.”
    “Envoy’s Dispatchers and Operations Coordinators play a crucial role in the safe and successful operation of our company on a daily basis,” added Temples. “We look forward to this deal’s ratification, so our employees can begin receiving the enhanced compensation as soon as possible.”

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,949
    Level
    71
    Points: 11,894, Level: 71
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If management glows like that over a contract, they must have gotten a great deal. My guess is it’s still filled with ambiguous language rendering associated contractual sections essentially meaningless. That being said, there’s never been any real conflict between dispatchers and the company I can recall, so I don’t think this is a good litmus for claiming Envoy is different today then last week or 10 years ago.

    I do realize you’ll spin anything and everything as good for Envoy pilots.

  3. #3
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,058
    Level
    100
    Points: 74,078, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    More good news on the Envoy front. Dispatcher's just inked a new deal with the company that is wholly positive for both sides. Envoy just keeps on doing things that are positioning it solidly for the future.

    Envoy Air Inc., the largest wholly owned regional airline subsidiary of American Airlines Group (AAG) announced it has reached a tentative agreement with the Transport Workers Union (TWU) representing the carrier’s Dispatchers.
    Representatives from Envoy and the TWU negotiated a six-year agreement that raises wages, enhances work rules, improves benefits, and recognizes the valuable contributions of our Aircraft Dispatch employees who work in the carrier’s Systems Operation Control center, pre-planning and dispatching Envoy’s 1,000 daily flights.
    “My thanks to the negotiating teams at Envoy and the TWU for their efforts to reach a mutually beneficial agreement,” said Dee Temples, Senior Vice President Air Operations. “Much work and discussion went into creating an agreement that would support Envoy’s growth and create a stronger and more collaborative working relationship for years to come.”
    Full details of the Tentative Agreement will be provided to the membership by the TWU and sent to employees for ratification.
    “The TWU is proud to have reached an agreement that benefits both our long-tenured and newer TWU members. It provides better wages, long term job security and returns our long-tenured members back as leaders within the industry,” said TWU Air Division Director Mike Mayes. “Ratification and retention bonuses will provide members and their families some extra cushioning – paving a path to stability for our TWU Dispatchers now and for future generations to come.”
    “Envoy’s Dispatchers and Operations Coordinators play a crucial role in the safe and successful operation of our company on a daily basis,” added Temples. “We look forward to this deal’s ratification, so our employees can begin receiving the enhanced compensation as soon as possible.”
    Could somebody post the same kind of public announcement by the company with the Envoy Pilot Pay Raise?
    Or is the company hiding behind their silence?
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 09-14-2019 at 11:45 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    74
    Level
    48
    Points: 5,597, Level: 48
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/4
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    Could somebody post the same kind of public announcement by the company with the Envoy Pilot Pay Raise?
    Or is the company hiding behind their silence?

    https://www.envoyair.com/2019/07/24/...on-reach-deal/

    http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/...ing-pilot-pay/

    😘

  5. #5
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,058
    Level
    100
    Points: 74,078, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Thank You! At least now there is an actual name attached to this agreement.

    Dee Temples, Envoy Senior Vice President Air Operations.

    Now let’s see if they actually follow thru with the pay raises or they do what they did with the original AIP.

    😘🥰 🌈
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 09-15-2019 at 12:47 AM.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,949
    Level
    71
    Points: 11,894, Level: 71
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I don’t think a pay raise will change either attitude or perception among Envoy pilots. As OT proves, those who’ve been here long enough still don’t trust management and those with little time invested aren’t likely to stop looking elsewhere because of it. More money is great, but the fundamentals that make the AA/Eagle nexus a failed relationship between management and pilots still exists. Nothing has really changed as just like the last dose of sugar, the motivator was not the pilots per se, but management’s belief they needed to sweeten the situation a little for their benefit.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    131
    Level
    24
    Points: 1,750, Level: 24
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I don’t think a pay raise will change either attitude or perception among Envoy pilots. As OT proves, those who’ve been here long enough still don’t trust management and those with little time invested aren’t likely to stop looking elsewhere because of it. More money is great, but the fundamentals that make the AA/Eagle nexus a failed relationship between management and pilots still exists. Nothing has really changed as just like the last dose of sugar, the motivator was not the pilots per se, but management’s belief they needed to sweeten the situation a little for their benefit.
    Nothing will change as long as new hires keep showing up and the old timers like Ardvark remain here.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    131
    Level
    24
    Points: 1,750, Level: 24
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post
    Nothing will change as long as new hires keep showing up and the old timers like Ardvark remain here.
    Which makes me wonder why he is still here. Lots of time invested? So what. If it's that bad he could make more money flying corporate. So what's his motivation? It much be enough to keep him here. The world is his oyster yet here he remains. And that is what I don't understand.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,949
    Level
    71
    Points: 11,894, Level: 71
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post
    Nothing will change as long as new hires keep showing up and the old timers like Ardvark remain here.
    The question is what happens when new-hires stop showing up in enough numbers for Envoy to maintain its footprint? That equation is impacted by both arrivals and departures. So far, they’ve been able to throw cash at it, but at some point they run out of acceptable cash or the well is dry.

    We’re almost there.

  10. #10
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    931
    Level
    81
    Points: 16,318, Level: 81
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=Beagleboy;54202

    We’re almost there.[/QUOTE]

    Nope. Not even close. There are THOUSANDS in the pipeline clamoring to get in to Envoy at least. Maybe some dirtbag operators like TSA, RAH or the like may be running dry. But not here and not when you get in now and get your seat at AA.

    Do you even understand how many retirements are going to be happening at AA over the next 6 years alone? I would guess you have no clue.

  11. #11
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,931
    Level
    100
    Points: 30,068, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Right, and you have no idea if aa streamlines operation with the retirements by reducing staffing. We will just have to see.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,949
    Level
    71
    Points: 11,894, Level: 71
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Nope. Not even close. There are THOUSANDS in the pipeline clamoring to get in to Envoy at least. Maybe some dirtbag operators like TSA, RAH or the like may be running dry. But not here and not when you get in now and get your seat at AA.
    (Yawn) Thousands? LOL! That would be virtually every eligible pilot out there. I see you’re still guzzling your Kool-Aid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Do you even understand how many retirements are going to be happening at AA over the next 6 years alone? I would guess you have no clue.
    You assume all will go smoothly for AA during that long stretch. I think that’s the assumption of a fool. The question then is, how many fools out there will follow your extremely risky claims ? BTW, heard that Delta could now hire over 1000 pilots next year. I’m sure UAL and Southwest will be jockeying for pilots too. I have no doubt many of those thousands will be present Envoy and why not ?

    Aren’t many of them the supremely qualified pipeline pilots you speak of? I say good for them, they deserve it.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    643
    Level
    67
    Points: 10,065, Level: 67
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Back to the original subject of the thread. Anyone know the details on pay increases for the Dispatchers? When do the new rates go into effect? Did they get retro pay?

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,949
    Level
    71
    Points: 11,894, Level: 71
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    Back to the original subject of the thread. Anyone know the details on pay increases for the Dispatchers? When do the new rates go into effect? Did they get retro pay?
    Our resident “Mr. Inside” could certainly provide that. Will he?

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    643
    Level
    67
    Points: 10,065, Level: 67
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Our resident “Mr. Inside” could certainly provide that. Will he?
    That’s laughable that he’d have any details.

  16. #16
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,931
    Level
    100
    Points: 30,068, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    He's only getting the information in incremental inches.

  17. #17
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    931
    Level
    81
    Points: 16,318, Level: 81
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    He's only getting the information in incremental inches.
    When they were passing out brains, you thought they said trains and went to buy a ticket. So...that said Mr. Dumb. WHY are you still here? Best aviation market in decades yet you won't flow and you won't apply to the thousands of positions out there. Yet you hate it here.

    In addition to not being the brightest bulb in the box, your spelling and grammar composition are atrocious.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,949
    Level
    71
    Points: 11,894, Level: 71
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    When they were passing out brains, you thought they said trains and went to buy a ticket. So...that said Mr. Dumb. WHY are you still here? Best aviation market in decades yet you won't flow and you won't apply to the thousands of positions out there. Yet you hate it here.

    In addition to not being the brightest bulb in the box, your spelling and grammar composition are atrocious.
    I left the door wide open for you to finally............finally make your first post of credibility. All you had to do was ante up that which you claim is already in your chip pile. Yet, when given the chance to play, you once again folded like a cheap suitcase.

    Stay out of the casino kid, you've got the guts of a guppy.

  19. #19
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    931
    Level
    81
    Points: 16,318, Level: 81
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I left the door wide open for you to finally............finally make your first post of credibility. All you had to do was ante up that which you claim is already in your chip pile. Yet, when given the chance to play, you once again folded like a cheap suitcase.

    Stay out of the casino kid, you've got the guts of a guppy.
    I'm afraid some things are NDA and others I don't feel comfortable revealing on here because of my source. Thing is. You are just going to have to take my word on it. As you can see, this panned out exactly as I said it would.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,949
    Level
    71
    Points: 11,894, Level: 71
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    I'm afraid some things are NDA and others I don't feel comfortable revealing on here because of my source. Thing is. You are just going to have to take my word on it. As you can see, this panned out exactly as I said it would.
    I can’t see that at all.

    I have asked you on dozens of occasions for basic info to back up your various claims and you’ve yet to deliver. I’m sure it has “panned out” in your own mind, but for the rest of us, you remain bankrupt of credibility.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •