Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    HATER! “They’re are literally hundreds of positive articles out praising the biggest bestest airline in the world! Stop cherry picking the few random negative ones.”-Dacuj

Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Fact checking american no longer the largest airline, maybe second but definitely close to third.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

They keep blaming the Max and the mechanics. Never solve their problems unless and until they first acknowledge the true source: Management.

Bean-counters more worried about the “bottom line” losing almost 5 billion on share buybacks and they forgot the front-line employees. Forget your front-line employees and they’ll forget your customers. You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ***hole. Parker was never cut out to run a quality premier airline. The question now is, even if they really want to change things, is it too late ?
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 09-03-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Dont forget, the new aag management stated publicly that flight crew, pax service and mx personnel do not make aa profitable, management makes aa profitable, so why blame front line employees for mgt mistakes.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    Dont forget, the new aag management stated publicly that flight crew, pax service and mx personnel do not make aa profitable, management makes aa profitable, so why blame front line employees for mgt mistakes.
    Managenent does make it profitable or unprofitable. The more management collecting huge undeserved checks the less profit; until there is no profit. Lorenzo.
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Your daily dose of AAG in the news.
    Hey Spooge! How about a counter argument with an article that paints a positive picture. Preferably one that’s been published recently(as in within the past month or so).
    https://viewfromthewing.com/2019/09/...p-at-american/

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    Your daily dose of AAG in the news.
    Hey Spooge! How about a counter argument with an article that paints a positive picture. Preferably one that’s been published recently(as in within the past month or so).
    https://viewfromthewing.com/2019/09/...p-at-american/
    Loaded with Catch-22’s and primarily coming from the angle of concern for investors and customers.

“Pay more, but demand more productivity”? Soo......the expectation employees should make work rule concessions for more pay ? At least in the case of pilots, the last 7 years of contractual abuse under a bankruptcy contract and now higher rates, but more concessions ?

Not going to fly. I argue the view from at least the pilots is that management has been stuffing their pockets to the bursting point with stock and huge profit-sharing while those doing the rowing get sub-standard contracts and virtually no profit-sharing. As I stated before, IMO they’ll never get front line labor to where the author claims they need to be because that will not only require a complete change of attitude, but money. Problem is, they don’t have that money. To wit,

Analysts and investors green lighting more expensive labor contracts considering AA’s financials ?

Doesn’t sound like it, but they’ll never fix AA without them. Catch-22.

New management ?

Changing the faces, but not changing the philosophy or approach still equals failure IMO. Even a new CEO won’t convince the jaded front-line it will be different this time if their hand is out and asking for a new “team” concept of shared sacrifice. How many times has that occurred only to see the employees end up feeling like they got snookered ?

Sorry, but I’m not convinced. Too much damage for too long. I applaud the wishful thinking, but IMO this author really doesn’t understand the problem from within, only assumes it from afar. The time to fix things was when new management promised culture change and then actually walked the walk, instead of just talking the talk and doubling down on the playbook of the past. Absent a 180 degree philosophy change AND the things that cost money AAG doesn’t have, I see no long-term viable path forward now for anything other then wallowing in the present mediocrity of product and ROI. Many have seen this coming for years and said so, only to fall on deaf ears and “the street” (analysts) are clueless as to the true situation again IMO.

Parker and Isom are going to “pull off a turnaround” ?

Aren’t they the ones that have taken AA where it is today ? How ? Sure love to see it though. This list given isn’t viable IMO. An airline with the name “American” should be the trailblazer, not a mediocre follower. Perhaps I’m missing something, but I don’t see any of the components necessary for AA to elevate itself to Delta, United or SWA. I could see management change, I just don’t think that will matter and I’d sure hate to be the guy or gal who inherits this situation.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 09-04-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Loaded with Catch-22’s and primarily coming from the angle of concern for investors and customers.

“Pay more, but demand more productivity”? Soo......the expectation employees should make work rule concessions for more pay ? At least in the case of pilots, the last 7 years of contractual abuse under a bankruptcy contract and now higher rates, but more concessions ?

Not going to fly. I argue the view from at least the pilots is that management has been stuffing their pockets to the bursting point with stock and huge profit-sharing while those doing the rowing get sub-standard contracts and virtually no profit-sharing. As I stated before, IMO they’ll never get front line labor to where the author claims they need to be because that will not only require a complete change of attitude, but money. Problem is, they don’t have that money. To wit,

Analysts and investors green lighting more expensive labor contracts considering AA’s financials ?

Doesn’t sound like it, but they’ll never fix AA without them. Catch-22.

New management ?

Changing the faces, but not changing the philosophy or approach still equals failure IMO. Even a new CEO won’t convince the jaded front-line it will be different this time if their hand is out and asking for a new “team” concept of shared sacrifice. How many times has that occurred only to see the employees end up feeling like they got snookered ?

Sorry, but I’m not convinced. Too much damage for too long. I applaud the wishful thinking, but IMO this author really doesn’t understand the problem from within, only assumes it from afar. The time to fix things was when new management promised culture change and then actually walked the walk, instead of just talking the talk and doubling down on the playbook of the past. Absent a 180 degree philosophy change AND the things that cost money AAG doesn’t have, I see no long-term viable path forward now for anything other then wallowing in the present mediocrity of product and ROI. Many have seen this coming for years and said so, only to fall on deaf ears and “the street” (analysts) are clueless as to the true situation again IMO.

Parker and Isom are going to “pull off a turnaround” ?

Aren’t they the ones that have taken AA where it is today ? How ? Sure love to see it though. This list given isn’t viable IMO. An airline with the name “American” should be the trailblazer, not a mediocre follower. Perhaps I’m missing something, but I don’t see any of the components necessary for AA to elevate itself to Delta, United or SWA. I could see management change, I just don’t think that will matter and I’d sure hate to be the guy or gal who inherits this situation.
    What are you? Wanna be management? Nope, just another DA pilot that thinks he knows how to run an airline. Clueless about so many things but think you know it all. It's very obvious with the arrogant slant you come off with on here.

In the end, just more pontificating and blowing hot air everywhere with your above post. Get some numbers and facts and get real..

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    What are you? Wanna be management? Nope, just another DA pilot that thinks he knows how to run an airline. Clueless about so many things but think you know it all. It's very obvious with the arrogant slant you come off with on here.

In the end, just more pontificating and blowing hot air everywhere with your above post. Get some numbers and facts and get real..
    With each post you make you resemble a primate at the zoo slinging poo.
    Nothing but insults and no substance of a counter argument.
    You’re a sad sad little man.

Level
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    With each post you make you resemble a primate at the zoo slinging poo.
    Nothing but insults and no substance of a counter argument.
    You’re a sad sad little man.
    Joey is that you?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post

Looking at the debt load, stock performance, product marginality and impotent business strategy, one could apply argue present management doesn’t know how to run an airline either. Even Wall Street and investors are becoming alarmed. As for you, we know you to be a drunken lout with not a single redeeming quality.

Thread Information