OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Was American Airlines caught defrauding US government for false US mail shipments.... ?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-settles-22-1-174258934.html
    Last edited by Cujo665; 08-26-2019 at 04:33 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Good reminder. It's been mentioned before here that AA as an airline is a money loser. This contrasts to I believe ALL their competition whose airline ops are to varying degrees actually profitable. It's just another MAJOR red flag, but there are so many red flags, it's hard to notice them all.

It's also worth noting that in spite odf the anual stockholders report showing the AAdvantage revenue is what gave them a positive number for the year; Scott Kirby - back in 2017 - restructured the awards side of the program.... releasing fewer seats and flights for award miles redemption, awarding fewer miles, requiring higher miles per redemaed segment, and other changes which have devalued the once world flagship awards program. Many corportate accounts have been lost to both United and Delta which now have better deals for customers than AA offers.

when its the AAdvantage that floated your company, devaluing the program is a really stupid thing to do... . unless you're planning to leave and go run United instead..... right Scott?
    Last edited by Cujo665; 08-26-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    So that's why i have to listen 5 times per aa flight that bull shi+ advertising sell job for that stupid card. What a disgrace, even spirit only does it once not like aa 5 times per flight.
    Those aa flight attendants must be hard up for that commission.
    IIRC, AA (and I assume Envoy) F/As were put under a new surveillance program some months ago to ensure performance, so they may not have much choice in the hard sell. Its the only thing offsetting AAs operational losses.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    American Airlines caught defrauding US government for false US mail shipments....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-settles-22-1-174258934.html
    Is it no wonder Dacuj is desperate to join these ranks ? They are everything he stands for.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

It's also worth noting that in spite odf the anual stockholders report showing the AAdvantage revenue is what gave them a positive number for the year; Scott Kirby - back in 2017 - restructured the awards side of the program.... releasing fewer seats and flights for award miles redemption, awarding fewer miles, requiring higher miles per redemaed segment, and other changes which have devalued the once world flagship awards program. Many corportate accounts have been lost to both United and Delta which now have better deals for customers than AA offers.

when its the AAdvantage that floated your company, devaluing the program is a really stupid thing to do... . unless you're planning to leave and go run United instead..... right Scott?
    Poisoning the well after you take your last sip ? Of course, there is a solution according to Parker. What ?

Why, more Crown Jewels !

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

For those interested, a good article fresh off the griddle today at SimplyWallSt.Com titled “American Airlines Group Use Of Debt Could Be Considered Risky”. Remember, this analysis doesn’t factor much in the way of a true economic downturn. If recession hits as it stands now and where things look to be heading, again IMO AA is toast and Chapter 11 is virtually certain.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 08-26-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Company
    DeathStar
    Base
    MIA
    Job
    Drink Coffee, Battle VNAV/FMS, Duolingo Espanol
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, 737
    Divorces
    N/A
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/3
    Given: 22/7

Ignore User

An AA Flight Attendant told me for every completed "Aviator Red" card application, the Hustling FA receives $10. Very annoying and long sales pitch to humans locked into an aluminum tube. The sales pitch and AA product are trending towards the same destination. Another reason, once seated, I place ear plugs in to reduce the overall experience.

Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Then they want to know why no one listens to the emergency briefing, in fear of stupid sales pitch.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

American getting even worse reviews. Link in the article about lav’s has quotes from Isom worth reading

https://travelupdate.boardingarea.co...edium=facebook

Level
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

American getting even worse reviews. Link in the article about lav’s has quotes from Isom worth reading

https://travelupdate.boardingarea.co...edium=facebook
    You're really reaching brah. Do you just patrol the web looking for anything and everything negative regarding AA/Envoy so you can post here or on APC? This is a one out article by a no name writer. I think I've figured out your new MO. Vomit a bunch of info regarding the greatness of Omni, bash AA, bash Envoy and then maybe give a token "I would recommend a new hire go to Envoy for a base." occasionally makes you look like the hatred isn't that deep.

This article is full of holes and is just ONE GUY's opinion.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    You're really reaching brah. Do you just patrol the web looking for anything and everything negative regarding AA/Envoy so you can post here or on APC? This is a one out article by a no name writer. I think I've figured out your new MO. Vomit a bunch of info regarding the greatness of Omni, bash AA, bash Envoy and then maybe give a token "I would recommend a new hire go to Envoy for a base." occasionally makes you look like the hatred isn't that deep.

The “opinion” that AA is in the dumpster in multiple ways isn’t just from one person. There’s a sea of factual information out there with a consistent theme of negativity regarding AA. As for Envoy, if it weren’t for the overinflated flow lollipop and huge teaser bonuses that quickly vaporize, the “long line around the block” of pilots supposedly banging on the training center doors would immediately revert to nothing more then a stray Schnauzer lifting his leg on the front steps. Without those, Envoy would likely be a fraction of its size by now. The fundamentals of Envoy in and of itself offer virtually nothing to a career pilot outside of where it might take a pilot and where is that ?

To the largest LCC in the world (for now) that arguably ranks no better then 6th in US Domestic airline pilot employers in compensation and QWL and likely falling. Additionally, IMO that operator offers a virtual guarantee of a Chapter 11 filing should the next long overdue economic downturn hit in the next 24 months.

Hatred has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 08-29-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    The “opinion” that AA is in the dumpster in multiple ways isn’t just from one person. There’s a sea of factual information out there with a consistent theme of negativity regarding AA. As for Envoy, if it weren’t for the overinflated flow lollipop and huge teaser bonuses that quickly vaporize, the “long line around the block” of pilots supposedly banging on the training center doors would immediately revert to nothing more then a stray Schnauzer lifting his leg on the front steps. Without those, Envoy would likely be a fraction of its size by now. The fundamentals of Envoy in and of itself offer virtually nothing to a career pilot outside of where it might take a pilot and where is that ?

To the largest LCC in the world (for now) that arguably ranks no better then 6th in US Domestic airline pilot employers in compensation and QWL and likely falling. Additionally, IMO that operator offers a virtual guarantee of a Chapter 11 filing should the next long overdue economic downturn hit in the next 24 months.

Hatred has nothing to do with it.
    I was conversing with "Cujo." It's amazing how that when you turn on the lights, the cockroaches come out. Look, you can cite 100 negative opinions on AA and I can rebut with 500 positive AA articles/comments, etc. Hatred has everything to do with it. You and "Cujo" for different reasons though. I can't imagine how soul crushing it is to be sitting in some piece of crap 767 titled "Omni" held together with duct tape as you pass any of the AA fleet, 175's included. Knowing you could have been sitting in that seat for some time now. I have "some" empathy here and wished that it could be different. But it is what it is and that's unfortunate. And I can see how that would release anger every time you see that AA jet.

The facts are that Envoy isn't a FRACTION of its size now but BIGGER. And the classes just keep on steamrolling with 20 or greater each time. People aren't stupid. They understand that Envoy is THE best place to be in the airline world when you are starting your career. Go check out some of the CFI boards for UND, US Aviation and other partner universities. The comments are flattering about Envoy/AA almost to 100% as CFIs gush about their luck in landing the gig.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I was conversing with "Cujo." It's amazing how that when you turn on the lights, the cockroaches come out. Look, you can cite 100 negative opinions on AA and I can rebut with 500 positive AA articles/comments, etc. Hatred has everything to do with it. You and "Cujo" for different reasons though. I can't imagine how soul crushing it is to be sitting in some piece of crap 767 titled "Omni" held together with duct tape as you pass any of the AA fleet, 175's included. Knowing you could have been sitting in that seat for some time now. I have "some" empathy here and wished that it could be different. But it is what it is and that's unfortunate. And I can see how that would release anger every time you see that AA jet.

The facts are that Envoy isn't a FRACTION of its size now but BIGGER. And the classes just keep on steamrolling with 20 or greater each time. People aren't stupid. They understand that Envoy is THE best place to be in the airline world when you are starting your career. Go check out some of the CFI boards for UND, US Aviation and other partner universities. The comments are flattering about Envoy/AA almost to 100% as CFIs gush about their luck in landing the gig.
    You’ve lost control of yourself again. You seem to do this periodically by swinging across the emotional spectrum quite wildly. Medication issue ?

First of all, there’s no limitation of one member here joining a discussion between other members. That is proven by the fact YOU do this regularly. As for the condition of Omni’s aircraft, what makes you an expert ? I see a lot of bias and assumption, but nothing credible to back up such an assertion about Omni 767’s. Your last paragraph is your “happy place” of safe haven you run to whenever you need emotional solitude.

I understand that, much like Dorothy closing her eyes and clicking her heels repeating the phrase “there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home.....” you must in your own way do the same “there’s no place like Envoy, there’s no place like Envoy....”. I do understand for you it serves as a buffer to the stark, unpleasant realities you steadfastly avoid invading your mind. It does not change reality, only your perception of it and repeatedly trying to convince us your reality IS reality does not give it more efficacy. Personally, I think you need to up your gifting skills as they are quite outdated.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 08-29-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Dacuj.

You do know that when you turn on the lights the cockroaches scatter....kind of like you do when asked the hard questions.

It isn't hard to find articles like that nowadays. If you are so bent out of shape for one posting such an article maybe you should use your SA to help management change their ways. Obviously what they are doing isn't working in the eyes if their employees and more importantly the flying public their customers.
    But again, I am not holding my breath since you fit right in with their losing mentality, or is it some PSD from your role playing days?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by wiz5422 View Post
    Dacuj.

You do know that when you turn on the lights the cockroaches scatter....kind of like you do when asked the hard questions.

It isn't hard to find articles like that nowadays. If you are so bent out of shape for one posting such an article maybe you should use your SA to help management change their ways. Obviously what they are doing isn't working in the eyes if their employees and more importantly the flying public their customers.
    But again, I am not holding my breath since you fit right in with their losing mentality, or is it some PSD from your role playing days?
    Just another bitter hater is all I'm hearing from you. It's very sad that you let the "mob mentality" of like 3 whole people on this forum influence your outlook on your AA career.

Management is very aware of what works thank you very much. It's obvious when we could run classes of 20 every single week and never miss a beat. At least these new guys are appreciative of the fabulous career that is offered here. We truly are in unprecedented times with the massive hiring boom and Envoy/AA is in spectacular shape to tackle the passenger carrying aviation industry. The flow has been and is wildly successful and will continue its meteoric rise well into the future.

Question is. Do you want to ride this train or be left behind? You decide.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/6
    Given: 15/18

Ignore User

Just another bitter hater is all I'm hearing from you. It's very sad that you let the "mob mentality" of like 3 whole people on this forum influence your outlook on your AA career.

Management is very aware of what works thank you very much. It's obvious when we could run classes of 20 every single week and never miss a beat. At least these new guys are appreciative of the fabulous career that is offered here. We truly are in unprecedented times with the massive hiring boom and Envoy/AA is in spectacular shape to tackle the passenger carrying aviation industry. The flow has been and is wildly successful and will continue its meteoric rise well into the future.

Question is. Do you want to ride this train or be left behind? You decide.
    Well...97% of this forum is 5 of you jackasses who don't seem to have anything else better to do with your time than going back and forth in a big circle jerk, each of you way out in left or right field on polar ends of the spectrum. Majority of rational personnel have bounce out of here or are just cringing from the sidelines.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sloosky View Post
    Well...97% of this forum is 5 of you jackasses who don't seem to have anything else better to do with your time than going back and forth in a big circle jerk, each of you way out in left or right field on polar ends of the spectrum. Majority of rational personnel have bounce out of here or are just cringing from the sidelines.
    Just curious, but is this just your opinion or are you acting as the official spokesman for all forum members minus the 5 jackasses?

Either way though, it does beg the question of why you are still here trying to convince 5 jackasses of anything considering everyone else is gone ? I suppose we could just post milquetoast snippets of meaninglessness or disregard reality in the hope of creating a warm and fuzzy, but isn’t that a major component of why Envoy pilots are presently worse off then they were 5 or 10 years ago ?
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 08-29-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I didn’t write the article, just linked it. Feel free to link the ones saying AA is on the right track and doing things right.

i don’t hate Envoy at all. On the contrary, I enjoyed my job there and the people I worked with. I did not like the lying abusive cheating mid and upper management (with a few exceptions). I did not like they manner they abused their pilots, and how underpaid and poor the working conditions had become. I tried to do something about it. Unfortunately that is a management team that can’t separate business from personal. I just did my job, they took it personal and vindictively tried to ruin a career to two reps who dared buck the system. Thankfully, I actually ended up at a place that works better for me and my family. Had I known about Omni earlier, I wouldn’t have wasted my time waiting to flow.

I fly 6-8 legs a month (36-48 hrs block) on a schedule that is 1 leg then either 2 or 3 nights RON, then repeat. Upgrade is right around the corner.

Contrary to your inaccurate impression, our MX is better than anything we had at Envoy. An MEL rarely survives the overnight. Our DOD flights carry 2 MX technicians and 3700 lbs or spare parts. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve flown a plane with an open MEL here in the past year, can you? I’ll put our MX against anybody’s anytime.

Do I send people to Envoy, yes. I tell everybody to avoid the non-wholly owned. Eventually the company will pull the flying back in house to keep their owned carriers profitable. Just like Compass is losing their AA flying and a bunch of their pilots are regretting having gone there. Mesa just had 6 airframes worth of flying dumped by AA. Pilots currently at vendors should get their hours and get out. New pilots should focus on a WO. I recommend- in this order - Endeavor, (to my ever lasting chagrin) PSA, Envoy, and then Piedmont. If they absolutely can’t do that the only two stand alone vendors they should consider are Republic and Skywest. Envoy could be best, but this management simply refuses to make it the industry leading regional it once was. They’re happy with just enough to keep seats filled. Then I remind the newbies that the single largest QOL improvement is living in Base. So, all else being equal, go where they don’t have to commute.

hope that clarifies your misconceptions.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 08-30-2019 at 12:20 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Heres where you are:

$26.32 at COB today

...3....2....1 until dacuj mentions AAs 3.9% stock price increase today while conveniently forgetting their 35.0% decrease over the last 12 months.

Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Here's another positive article on aa inability,

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...nes-struggles/

Thread Information