Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Koos parroting the standard, but uninspiring management line of meaninglessness. AA’s profit is well under half Delta’s and just over half of United’s. Even if the MAX issue hadn’t occurred, AA would still be short of both and to beat that long dead horse once again, its product is inferior with little chance of improvement considering the across the board labor mess at AA.

I do like that pic of the Delta A220 which ironically will be a major thorn in AA’s side as it burrows its graceful snout deep into AA hub territory and out performs both economically and product-wise whatever AA can put against it be it mainline or one of its new E-175 “crown jewels”. When you’re hamstrung, all you can do is milk your best cows harder in the hope they can put out more milk and that’s all AA can do. Not much of a competitive strategy, just one of trying to dance as fast as they can with worn out shoes.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Max lost not an issue, aa getting paid per flight by insurance and will be getting money from Boeing plus cheaper rates on the undelivered Max's us aa looking to go to the back of the line on max deliveries because of cash crunch everywhere at aag from there ineptitude.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Don’t tell DaSpooge; he’ll cry a river.

Just another nail.
    Sure thing. Keep telling yourself that.

Think it’s time for you to retire the cujo name and from AA and Envoy forums altogether? The handle has a lot of negative stigma attached to it, you don’t work here and...the most glaringly obvious, you have an axe to grind against Envoy/AA. That in itself ensures no impartiality when making posts regarding the company. And let me state it again. You. Don’t. Work. Here.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post

Think it’s time for you to retire the cujo name and from AA and Envoy forums altogether? The handle has a lot of negative stigma attached to it, you don’t work here and...the most glaringly obvious, you have an axe to grind against Envoy/AA. That in itself ensures no impartiality when making posts regarding the company. And let me state it again. You. Don’t. Work. Here.
    Retire it ? LOL !

You used it ! Face it Dacuj, you’re high on the flow because you know it’s the only way you’d fly (try to anyway) big metal. You could apply to Omni, but with your check ride history, we both know you’d flame out fast.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post

There’s no ax to grind with Envoy. The company can only act on the information they’re provided.
    The ax (if there ever were one) would be with the labor relations folks who all but lied, did withhold information (and got caught) and the folks like Wilson who take Union things personally and then retaliate against people’s careers.

With me it was never personal. It was my job to go fight against them trying to screw over a pilot, or the pilot group. I was just more effective at it than they were used to. It made me a target for certain folks....
    kinda like how you act...

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    Max lost not an issue, aa getting paid per flight by insurance and will be getting money from Boeing plus cheaper rates on the undelivered Max's us aa looking to go to the back of the line on max deliveries because of cash crunch everywhere at aag from there ineptitude.
    “Due to the 737 Max grounding, Southwest said it made the "difficult decision" to delay new hire classes and captain upgrade classes. These classes were scheduled to take place in September, October and December.”

AA is standing by...

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Excellent recap by Lou Whiteman at The Motley Fool regarding the situation at AA. Exactly what I’ve been saying for years now. AA’s stunning debt, its impotent product, its rudderless strategy and its arguably wretched work environment all add up to an almost certain BK filing if the long overdue recession hits anytime soon. Considering all the indicators, extreme nervousness should be the order of the day if your future welfare is tethered to AA. The new corporate logo IMO should be a red flag.

What’s in your savings account ?

On a related note, Delta is pairing its regionals from 5 to 3 and shifting even more flying to mainline. I expect the A220 to be a big player in that. Its economics including labor and its product will blow away both AA mainline domestic and the Eagle system offerings including the “crown jewel”. AA simply won’t be able to compete. Delta has the finances and resources to make it work. United is slated (at lease for now) to angle increasingly in that direction, but I expect intensification as time goes on.

AA on the other hand, really has no plan but to double down on an already losing strategy. Adding Southwest into the mix and likely future consolidation in the LCC market to potentially include Jet Blue, Spirit and or Frontier leaves AA exactly where it claimed the merger would solve, that being neither fish (a premier legacy) nor fowl (an economically lean LCC). The situation continues to become increasingly disturbing with each passing month and investors look as though they are beginning to act like many high-yield business customers have been; Heading for the exit door before the stampede.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 08-14-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Thread Information