Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Flow & Honor

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Can you trust a company run by a CEO with 3 DUI’s, the same company that walks away from a signed AIP, to honor a flow?

In memory of...
    “The 125 Group”
    “The 254 Group”
    Never forgotten.

All withheld from flowing, due to operational needs!
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 07-20-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0

Ignore User

And a certain CPO that’ll threaten to fire you for doing the right thing.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    Can you trust a company run by a CEO with 3 DUI’s, the same company that walks away from a signed AIP, to honor a flow?

In memory of...
    “The 125 Group”
    “The 254 Group”
    Never forgotten.

All withheld from flowing, due to operational needs!
    Yet you had no problem working here for 10 plus years until you flowed...

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/6
    Given: 15/18

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post
    Yet you had no problem working here for 10 plus years until you flowed...
    He didn't flow. He's still here.

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sloosky View Post
    He didn't flow. He's still here.
    And maybe a flight attendant too🤣🤣 🌈 after all... “we are family” 🎶

Facts still facts....and 2021 is only 18 months away. 🕰 you don’t have to believe me, all you have to do is wait.
    No flow to AA in August. Your MEC Chairman is schedule to flow in October/November class, Doug still has 3 DUI’s and you guys are getting a pay raise.

According to AAG Envoy has less than 2,300 active pilots and AA 13,600. CRJ’s are still leaving, 140’s are next, 145’s won’t be around forever, Envoy is going to be an all E75’s fleet, 150 of them and NY is shrinking according to RW and will continue to shrink according to Parker.

Just now, 5 years after the merger AA is starting to become “ONE” airline, Parker had to wait 5 after the merger as per DOJ merger approval. Changes starting to take place, but takes time.

AA is not going to be the same size it is today, that’s a guaranteed. And retirements at AA will serve Doug Parker in the right sizing of his airline. If your seniority number is 15,000 today out of 15,000 and 5 years from now you are 10,000 out of 10,000, that only means, 5 years later you are still at the bottom. Sounds stupid? Ask those that went to AA 5 years ago, how many “active” pilots they have underneath 5 years later? They won’t know the answer, they don’t do their homework either. Only seniority numbers changes. Retirements in AA is a furlough from the top. Always keep an eye on how many pilots you have below you. Planes don’t last forever, at some time the have to fly west. Some will be replaced with new ones, others won’t. Do your homework, you will be better off than your peers and you will enjoy quality of life.

But must important, pay raises at Envoy are not going to change any of this facts.

Have a great career at AAG, hopefully someday someone will truly appreciate your professionalism and all you do.

“You shall no longer take things at second or third hand, not look through the eyes of the dead, nor feed on the spectres in books. You shall not look through my eyes either, nor take things from me, you shall listen to all sides and filter them from yourself.”

~Walt Whitman~
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 07-24-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Base
    Sherry Frontinac
    Job
    HUD Cripple
    A/C Flown
    Short Bus, Swedish Blender, ATR, WSCOD, CRJ, the "very super" 80, little bus's, baby Boeing.
    Divorces
    Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

It shouldn't be a secret to anyone, that some "right sizing" has always been part of the plan, post merger at AA. And that all of us are one force majeure event away from the unemployment line.

They should give every new hire a copy of Baker's "bricks in managements backpack" speech.

As per the 07/01/2019 APA system seniority list, there are 14900 active pilots. A pilot who has been at AA five years currently has around 3000 active pilots junior to them.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by nimslow View Post
    It shouldn't be a secret to anyone, that some "right sizing" has always been part of the plan, post merger at AA. And that all of us are one force majeure event away from the unemployment line.

They should give every new hire a copy of Baker's "bricks in managements backpack" speech.

As per the 07/01/2019 APA system seniority list, there are 14900 active pilots. A pilot who has been at AA five years currently has around 3000 active pilots junior to them.
    That number is not completely accurate, “active pilots” are pilots flying. You have to subtract to the 14,900...

*Management
    *Personal Leave of absence
    *USLOA
    *MDSB
    *CRMLOA
    *over 600 pilots on that list are Retired, Resigned, or Deceased.

That same list had 15,400 pilots not too long ago and keeps shrinking...the same will happen to their fleet, is part of the right sizing.

So, actual “ACTIVE” flying pilots are only 13,600 just like AAG most recent document shows, which means a pilot that flowed to AA 5 years ago technically speaking is still at the bottom 5 years later and might only have 2,000 “ACTIVE” pilots underneath. The only thing that keeps changing is his seniority number, and that is going to continue to change, because of all the retirements, in the mean time the significant right sizing that just started, will continue.

Doug Parker has an agenda, just like APA has one too.

The selling point of the flow is “Retirements & Deliveries”...but unfortunately, there is more to that equation and pay raises at Envoy won't change any of these facts.

2021 and thereafter, the clock keeps ticking.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 07-25-2019 at 02:03 AM.
    “I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.”

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

You should post more often
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

That number is not completely accurate, “active pilots” are pilots flying. You have to subtract to the 14,900...

*Management
    *USLOA
    *MDSB
    *CRMLOA

That same list had 15,400 pilots not too long ago and keeps shrinking...the same will happen to their fleet, is part of the right sizing.

So, actual “ACTIVE” flying pilots are only 13,600 just like AAG most recent document shows, which means a pilot that flowed to AA 5 years ago technically speaking is still at the bottom 5 years later and might only have 2,000 “ACTIVE” pilots underneath. The only thing that keeps changing is his seniority number, and that is going to continue to change, because of all the retirements, in the mean time the significant right sizing that just started, will continue.

The selling point of the flow is “Retirements & Deliveries”...but unfortunately, there is more to that equation and pay raises at Envoy won't change any of these facts.

I'm being told the most junior Group 2 captain was hired 2/2014. So that pilot hired 5 years ago is also upgrading

Base
    Sherry Frontinac
    Job
    HUD Cripple
    A/C Flown
    Short Bus, Swedish Blender, ATR, WSCOD, CRJ, the "very super" 80, little bus's, baby Boeing.
    Divorces
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

*Management
    *USLOA
    *MDSB
    *CRMLOA

So, in other words, "water is wet"? or "business as usual"? Pilots advance up the list by growth, or retirements, or in the case of the lucky ones, both.

The new seniority numbers posted in DECS, I'm now 648 numbers lower, but some below me retired/resigned and went out on medical. We hired a couple of hundred more than we lost, so a wash really. But not unexpected.

I do feel sorry for the kids who bite off on all propaganda, and are banking on their "cannon shot". When I have a new Eagle guy or gal on the jumpiest, I try and tell them about how we heard "everyone at Eagle that wants to flow to AA will be there in five years", and how well that worked out. They will learn, and it will probably be a hard, painful lesson for some.

Having had my horse hitched to this wagon for over 30 years, with the end of my career much closer than the beginning now, I have a different view than that cadet at Envoy. But once you resign yourself to the fact you are nothing more than a cost unit, it's not a bad gig. I don't even harbor any ill will towards the company or the unions, its just business, and they have always been better at it, than the pilots.

The Conquistadores del Cielo will be having their meetings, fantasizing about when they can finally get rid of those damn remaining pilots, long after I set the brake for the last time.

I do really wish the new people would spend some time learning about the history of this industry, and their airline in particular, but that hardly ever happens, it seems.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

so, in other words, "water is wet"? Or "business as usual"? Pilots advance up the list by growth, or retirements, or in the case of the lucky ones, both.

The new seniority numbers posted in decs, i'm now 648 numbers lower, but some below me retired/resigned and went out on medical. We hired a couple of hundred more than we lost, so a wash really. But not unexpected.

I do feel sorry for the kids who bite off on all propaganda, and are banking on their "cannon shot". When i have a new eagle guy or gal on the jumpiest, i try and tell them about how we heard "everyone at eagle that wants to flow to aa will be there in five years", and how well that worked out. They will learn, and it will probably be a hard, painful lesson for some.

Having had my horse hitched to this wagon for over 30 years, with the end of my career much closer than the beginning now, i have a different view than that cadet at envoy. But once you resign yourself to the fact you are nothing more than a cost unit, it's not a bad gig. I don't even harbor any ill will towards the company or the unions, its just business, and they have always been better at it, than the pilots.

The conquistadores del cielo will be having their meetings, fantasizing about when they can finally get rid of those damn remaining pilots, long after i set the brake for the last time.

I do really wish the new people would spend some time learning about the history of this industry, and their airline in particular, but that hardly ever happens, it seems.
    Amen 🙏🏼

“You should post more often”
    ~Cujo665~

“The game we are playing here is closest to the old game of '\Christians and lions.”

— Robert L. Crandall, CEO & President of American Airlines.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 07-25-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

The Conquistadores del Cielo .
    To the best of my knowledge they only publicly referenced themselves to that once since the early 2000’s. Very good memory of events.
    See, I was right, you should post more often.

Base
    Sherry Frontinac
    Job
    HUD Cripple
    A/C Flown
    Divorces
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge they only publicly referenced themselves to that once since the early 2000’s. Very good memory of events.
    See, I was right, you should post more often.
    I had to look it up, to get the spelling right. When I first heard that story, it seemed so crazy, and far out there, that it's hard to forget.

I'll admit one of my guilty pleasures. Every time I get in the airplane (sorry, the "Jet" in AA speak) and my FO is a fellow flow through, I think back to the President's conference in 90 or 91, when Baker and Martens were asked about preferential interviews for Eagle pilots. The answer was something along the lines of "we don't think an American pilot would feel comfortable flying on a dark and stormy night, with an Eagle pilot in the right seat." And I smile inside, just a little.

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Yeah, I remember, they were afraid the flow would slap the dumb **** in the left seat. Like hay wtf you doing.

Level
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Wind check

Level
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

So, in other words, "water is wet"? or "business as usual"? Pilots advance up the list by growth, or retirements, or in the case of the lucky ones, both.

The new seniority numbers posted in DECS, I'm now 648 numbers lower, but some below me retired/resigned and went out on medical. We hired a couple of hundred more than we lost, so a wash really. But not unexpected.

I do feel sorry for the kids who bite off on all propaganda, and are banking on their "cannon shot". When I have a new Eagle guy or gal on the jumpiest, I try and tell them about how we heard "everyone at Eagle that wants to flow to AA will be there in five years", and how well that worked out. They will learn, and it will probably be a hard, painful lesson for some.

Having had my horse hitched to this wagon for over 30 years, with the end of my career much closer than the beginning now, I have a different view than that cadet at Envoy. But once you resign yourself to the fact you are nothing more than a cost unit, it's not a bad gig. I don't even harbor any ill will towards the company or the unions, its just business, and they have always been better at it, than the pilots.

The Conquistadores del Cielo will be having their meetings, fantasizing about when they can finally get rid of those damn remaining pilots, long after I set the brake for the last time.

Pilots advance up the list by retirement and attrition primarily. At Envoy, pilots advance primarily due to FLOW. Cadets today are coming in with far better experience than the "old Eagle" days when they would hire Tom off the street from flying some jacked up Baron around with some freight. Today's cadets are trained in airline procedures from the get go and gain valuable experience at their respective academies by instructing both ground and flight. They benefit from the ATP program and the ATP course before transitioning full time into Envoy. The flow has been working, is working and will continue to work in the future.

The new American has arrived and it's nothing like the old AMR. Bright futures await those who are lucky enough to set foot on property at Envoy. Try being an AA pilot on for one.

Caveat Emptor.

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Dacuj the court jester makes idiotic comments once again. Dacuj whose fying abilities are in question every day at the kiddie airplane ride.

Base
    Sherry Frontinac
    Job
    HUD Cripple
    A/C Flown
    Divorces
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Pilots advance up the list by retirement and attrition primarily. At Envoy, pilots advance primarily due to FLOW. Cadets today are coming in with far better experience than the "old Eagle" days when they would hire Tom off the street from flying some jacked up Baron around with some freight. Today's cadets are trained in airline procedures from the get go and gain valuable experience at their respective academies by instructing both ground and flight. They benefit from the ATP program and the ATP course before transitioning full time into Envoy. The flow has been working, is working and will continue to work in the future.

The new American has arrived and it's nothing like the old AMR. Bright futures await those who are lucky enough to set foot on property at Envoy. Try being an AA pilot on for one.

Caveat Emptor.

I did a stint in recruiting at Eagle in the early 2000's, we told all the candidates they would flow to AA in five years, because that's what we were told (sorry about that guys and gals). Things were all puppies and unicorns, and hiring was humming right along, AA at 120 a month, and Eagle just about as much.

Then that pesky 9/11 thing happened.

Look up the definition of force majeure, and it's effect on contracts. Then get back to me on how hiring at AA (and the flow) will never, ever, ever stop, because "it's contractual".

Talk to anyone who was a new hire in training on 09/11, especially anyone who was in the sim at the time, about what happened next.

The FO on my last trip was an Envoy flow, we had a long conversation about how much the "new" AA is like the "old" AA/AMR. SSDD, just the paychecks are bigger. Having started at AA pre bankruptcy and merger, I can state without reservation our QOL and schedules were better then. And our daily operation wasn't the dumpster fire it's turned into now.

Assuming nothing changes (and thats a huge assumption), and they manage to keep the wheels from coming off this place, it will be a good job for the young guys, who get in early enough. It won't be the major airline career of years past, but it will be a decent job.

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it"
    -George Santayana.

Caveat Emptor, indeed.

Level
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

Glad to see you posting here B. Don’t expect The Spooge to agree with anything factual you bring to the discussion.

Level
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

I did a stint in recruiting at Eagle in the early 2000's, we told all the candidates they would flow to AA in five years, because that's what we were told (sorry about that guys and gals). Things were all puppies and unicorns, and hiring was humming right along, AA at 120 a month, and Eagle just about as much.

Then that pesky 9/11 thing happened.

Look up the definition of force majeure, and it's effect on contracts. Then get back to me on how hiring at AA (and the flow) will never, ever, ever stop, because "it's contractual".

Talk to anyone who was a new hire in training on 09/11, especially anyone who was in the sim at the time, about what happened next.

The FO on my last trip was an Envoy flow, we had a long conversation about how much the "new" AA is like the "old" AA/AMR. SSDD, just the paychecks are bigger. Having started at AA pre bankruptcy and merger, I can state without reservation our QOL and schedules were better then. And our daily operation wasn't the dumpster fire it's turned into now.

Assuming nothing changes (and thats a huge assumption), and they manage to keep the wheels from coming off this place, it will be a good job for the young guys, who get in early enough. It won't be the major airline career of years past, but it will be a decent job.

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it"
    -George Santayana.

Caveat Emptor, indeed.
    The “5 year” projection for AA flow was a selling point from the beginning in 1997. I’m not one to claim certainties as that would make me no more then the flip side of Dacuj. IF (and that’s a HUGE if) AAG can stumble along for 5-7 years without a downturn in the economy, they might have a chance at pairing down their debt to competitive levels and that could change their present dynamics. If the worst happens, IMO they can rationalize 2 losing or flat quarters before their liquidity levels reach a point they may uncover the core. At that point, if they don’t have confidence that hiccup is over, they’ll hit the relief valve and blow the glow steam into the atmosphere.

By doing so there are benefits, but drawbacks as well. The question is, if they believe the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. Until that time, everyone is simply whistling past the cemetery.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 07-26-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Thread Information