Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I've had discussions with several SWA pilots over the years. Their flexibility runs circles around AA's. Now, yes....they fly A LOT, but their schedules are very efficient meaning they're at work earning their $ or at home for the most part. Pay wise, they are WELL past most AA pilots. Group II wise, many captains can beat AA captains at least $50K/year and some at or close to $100K/year with more time at home. Spirit isn't there yet, but they are on an upward trajectory (and will have to be to prevent future poaching) while AA pilots are destined to spin their wheels in the mud. Many are fine with that, but AA's financial risks are the straw to really worry about. Time and timing could lead to a MAJOR change in the world of the AA pilot and not likely for the better.

Just my .02, as always.....
    I have seen some other SWA pilots bi*** about having to wait 60 seconds for rampers or a gate agent, but what really grinds our gears is a sit in excess of 50 minutes. 😁

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertRoss View Post
    I have seen some other SWA pilots bi*** about having to wait 60 seconds for rampers or a gate agent, but what really grinds our gears is a sit in excess of 50 minutes. ��
    At AA you get 2-3 hour sits at hubs just in case they need to reassign someone off their trip. Usually it's a trip the bid because they liked it for whatever reason. Your reassignment rarely is better. It's a great way of staffing ready reserves at the airport though. Then there is the 30 hour layover frequently in less then desirable locations. Sure you get paid like it's 3 days, but the inefficiencies eat you elsewhere. Home or cockpit...…….that's the best deal, especially if it get you a good paycheck AND more time at home.

Thread Information