Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: ENVOY MEC your turn, your up

  1. #1
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,864
    Level
    99
    Points: 29,398, Level: 99
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    ENVOY MEC your turn, your up


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Envoy mec should get more than this and give nothing up for it.

    PSA Pilot Agreement Raises the Bar for Pilot Pay
    WASHINGTON, D.C.—Pilots at PSA Airlines, represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, Int’l (ALPA), today announced an agreement that substantially raises the bar for wages in the regional airline industry.

    “This agreement is the result of our mutual commitment to providing both our current and future pilots with the best possible career path in the airline industry,” said Capt. Steven Toothe, chairman of the PSA ALPA Master Executive Council. “Our first officers will see hourly wage rate increases of up to nearly 20 percent above the regional industry average. Our captains will see wage rate increases of up to 12 percent above the regional industry average.”

    In addition to increases of up to $12 per hour for all PSA pilots, highlights of the agreement include:

    First-year first officer pay at $49.96 per hour, rising to $55.95 for a fourth-year first officer.
    $18,000 signing bonus paid over two years.
    Captain hourly pay increases to ensure that pilots continue to progress at competitive rates as they upgrade until they flow to American Airlines.
    Premium pay for all hours flown above 75 per month.
    The deal was reached even though the current collective bargaining agreement is not amendable until 2023. Rather, PSA management and the Association recognized the need to make improvements now to stay competitive in a rapidly changing regional airline environment.

    “We applaud PSA pilots and management for working together to create a competitive salary structure that will help attract and retain highly trained and qualified pilots. ALPA has long maintained that securing competitive wages, an adequate work/life balance, and career progression opportunities is key to attracting and maintaining a strong pipeline of pilots to the profession. Through this new agreement, PSA pilots worked to ensure that, from recruitment to retirement, their airline is a top contender for aviators at any stage of their career,” said Capt. Joe DePete, ALPA president.

    PSA has been undergoing dynamic growth. When the current contract was signed in April 2013, the Dayton-based carrier employed approximately 550 pilots. Now, more than 1,900 pilots are operating PSA flights under the American Eagle brand.

    PSA Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and operates 150 regional jets on 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations, including bases in Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia, Pa.; Charlotte, N.C.; Knoxville, Tenn.; Dayton, Ohio; Cincinnati, Ohio; and Norfolk, Va.
    Sir, can I have another.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,823
    Level
    69
    Points: 11,194, Level: 69
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    Envoy mec should get more than this and give nothing up for it.

    PSA Pilot Agreement Raises the Bar for Pilot Pay
    WASHINGTON, D.C.—Pilots at PSA Airlines, represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, Int’l (ALPA), today announced an agreement that substantially raises the bar for wages in the regional airline industry.

    “This agreement is the result of our mutual commitment to providing both our current and future pilots with the best possible career path in the airline industry,” said Capt. Steven Toothe, chairman of the PSA ALPA Master Executive Council. “Our first officers will see hourly wage rate increases of up to nearly 20 percent above the regional industry average. Our captains will see wage rate increases of up to 12 percent above the regional industry average.”

    In addition to increases of up to $12 per hour for all PSA pilots, highlights of the agreement include:

    First-year first officer pay at $49.96 per hour, rising to $55.95 for a fourth-year first officer.
    $18,000 signing bonus paid over two years.
    Captain hourly pay increases to ensure that pilots continue to progress at competitive rates as they upgrade until they flow to American Airlines.
    Premium pay for all hours flown above 75 per month.
    The deal was reached even though the current collective bargaining agreement is not amendable until 2023. Rather, PSA management and the Association recognized the need to make improvements now to stay competitive in a rapidly changing regional airline environment.

    “We applaud PSA pilots and management for working together to create a competitive salary structure that will help attract and retain highly trained and qualified pilots. ALPA has long maintained that securing competitive wages, an adequate work/life balance, and career progression opportunities is key to attracting and maintaining a strong pipeline of pilots to the profession. Through this new agreement, PSA pilots worked to ensure that, from recruitment to retirement, their airline is a top contender for aviators at any stage of their career,” said Capt. Joe DePete, ALPA president.

    PSA has been undergoing dynamic growth. When the current contract was signed in April 2013, the Dayton-based carrier employed approximately 550 pilots. Now, more than 1,900 pilots are operating PSA flights under the American Eagle brand.

    PSA Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and operates 150 regional jets on 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations, including bases in Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia, Pa.; Charlotte, N.C.; Knoxville, Tenn.; Dayton, Ohio; Cincinnati, Ohio; and Norfolk, Va.
    Sadly, most of the new pilots at a Envoy don’t care about this, they’re here for the flow. If they DID care about this, they wouldn’t have banged their fists on the Envoy training center doors begging to be let in. Given that and the unquestioned representational impotence of Envoy ALPA, Envoy management would be stupid to hand an unnecesary gift to Envoy pilots as long as classes are full.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    606
    Level
    65
    Points: 9,428, Level: 65
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    PSA has been running classes of 20+ consistently. Not sure if that’s keeping pace with attrition/growth.

  4. #4
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Level
    100
    Points: 71,622, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    100% guarantee your envoy mec won’t do absolutely nothing.

    At this time they are protecting their flow. And buying drinks in miami.

    Your dues at work!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    606
    Level
    65
    Points: 9,428, Level: 65
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The devil will be in the details. Let’s hold judgment until all the facts are clear.
    I was just told by one of their pilots that raises on the FO scale are “up to” 20%, Captain scale “up to” 12%.
    That most likely means the top end of longevity will see zero. Just my opinion.

  6. #6
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,864
    Level
    99
    Points: 29,398, Level: 99
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    True, the devil is in the details.
    Let's see how long it takes to get that info.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    512
    Level
    66
    Points: 9,935, Level: 66
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 71/17
    Given: 71/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "You're up"**

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    606
    Level
    65
    Points: 9,428, Level: 65
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Here again we see ALPA National allowing (if not aiding and abetting) the whipsaw process to continue. Why isn’t The Devine Brotherhood Of Mustache Mastery getting ALL the WO MECs together to improve all of our work places?
    Just another example of how the association is a joke. Aren’t they supposed to be the “Defenders of the profession”?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    125
    Level
    47
    Points: 5,392, Level: 47
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/6
    Given: 15/18

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    The devil will be in the details. Let’s hold judgment until all the facts are clear.
    I was just told by one of their pilots that raises on the FO scale are “up to” 20%, Captain scale “up to” 12%.
    That most likely means the top end of longevity will see zero. Just my opinion.
    Year (CA)
    1: 83.60
    2: 85.64
    3: 87.68
    4: 89.72
    5: 91.76
    6: 93.80
    7: 95.83
    8: 97.88
    9: 99.91
    10: 101.95
    11: 103.99
    12: 106.03
    13: 108.58
    14: 111.13
    15: 113.67
    16: 116.23
    17: 118.78
    18: 121.22

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    606
    Level
    65
    Points: 9,428, Level: 65
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I stand corrected. Thanks for sharing.

  11. #11
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Level
    100
    Points: 71,622, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    So, this is what it feels to be in AA,
    knowing you are behind Delta and United, and aware your union is kind of weak, full of flows and regional pilots...
    Well, that sucks!

    At least we know what our MEC is going to do... 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴

    The same thing this pilot group is going to do...
    Absolutely nothing...

    “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”

  12. #12
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    852
    Level
    78
    Points: 14,583, Level: 78
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Got to Sun N Fun a couple days early with a favorable schedule change. I don’t think you guys understand the concept of Envoy being a bigger carrier and flowing far, far more numbers than PSA. Oh, and I will let you in on a secret since I am at this event. Guys are literally “still” flinging themselves at Envoy here. Good luck with you doomsdayers predictions here on the subject.

  13. #13
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,864
    Level
    99
    Points: 29,398, Level: 99
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The subject on this thread is pay raises.
    Something a union buster like you would not know of.

  14. #14
    Super Moderator Cujo665's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Posts
    2,083
    Level
    100
    Points: 32,089, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ...... single carrier petition....

    but youll have to do to do it yourself, ALPA won’t start it. They will, however, jump in and fight for it once it has legs since they’d open themselves to DFR if you won and they’d done nothing.
    __________________________________________________ __

  15. #15
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,864
    Level
    99
    Points: 29,398, Level: 99
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The mec wont go for it, they say single carrier is representation, and since the w/o"s are represented all by alpa then there is no justification for single carrier petition. Already tried with previous mec.

    The mec should push hard for minimum the same pay rate increases across the board. Psa has flow as envoy, psa giving bonuses to attract pilots since flow is not doing it alone. Pay rates have to go up to match the industry leading regionals pay rates if not psa's.

    This is class discrimination within a publicly traded company. Maybe management should take the class on unconscious bias and not the pilots being that aag practices conscious biasing.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,823
    Level
    69
    Points: 11,194, Level: 69
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    So, this is what it feels to be in AA,
    knowing you are behind Delta and United, and aware your union is kind of weak, full of flows and regional pilots...
    Well, that sucks!

    At least we know what our MEC is going to do... �� �� �� �� ��

    The same thing this pilot group is going to do...
    Absolutely nothing...

    “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”
    What comes around, goes around. The same pilots who think their decisions here as ALPA reps are insulating them from harm and minimizing their risk will be junior fodder at AA and helplessly dependent on other, more senior pilots who think the same way. The difference is they will be the expendable. In bad times, the junior ALWAYS pay the highest price. If scope is diluted, the junior will pay the largest tab. There will be no sacrifice by more senior pilots who are older and have had their retirements gutted to feather the beds of junior flows and they will be the majority for years to come still.

    The next 5 years will be AA’s highest risk period and it’s likely Envoy ALPA’s chicken will eventually come home to roost and sooner rather then later.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,823
    Level
    69
    Points: 11,194, Level: 69
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Got to Sun N Fun a couple days early with a favorable schedule change. I don’t think you guys understand the concept of Envoy being a bigger carrier and flowing far, far more numbers than PSA. Oh, and I will let you in on a secret since I am at this event. Guys are literally “still” flinging themselves at Envoy here. Good luck with you doomsdayers predictions here on the subject.

    You’ve got to stop taking your E-175 laden iPad into the port-a-potty for “alone time”. It’s embarrassing.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,823
    Level
    69
    Points: 11,194, Level: 69
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    PSA has been running classes of 20+ consistently. Not sure if that’s keeping pace with attrition/growth.
    It’s not.

    Due to PSA’s slower flow, attrition is rapidly increasing, especially to LCC’s. That’s why AAG needed to paint their carrot a brighter Orange. Envoy isn’t in that situation, so most likely they won’t throw (waste) money where it’s not needed as Envoy’s tint of color is maintained with the promise of flow. But, this is yet another dilemma for AAG as the other Eagle carriers provide a critical component of lift and revenue. If they founder, revenue goes down and AAG needs every buck in can get if they are going to pay their upcoming bills.

    It’s ironic, but Envoy’s flow is in part predicated on the health and viability of the other two WO’s for if they stumble, it hurts AAG and the more AAG gets hurt, the more likely they get put into a Strategic Chapter 11 situation which means bad news for Envoy’s flow. Flow-thru’s make strange bedfellows.

  19. #19
    Super Moderator Cujo665's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Posts
    2,083
    Level
    100
    Points: 32,089, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    The mec wont go for it, they say single carrier is representation, and since the w/o"s are represented all by alpa then there is no justification for single carrier petition. Already tried with previous mec.

    The mec should push hard for minimum the same pay rate increases across the board. Psa has flow as envoy, psa giving bonuses to attract pilots since flow is not doing it alone. Pay rates have to go up to match the industry leading regionals pay rates if not psa's.

    This is class discrimination within a publicly traded company. Maybe management should take the class on unconscious bias and not the pilots being that aag practices conscious biasing.
    No, you dump ALPA and join APA. Then file single carrier against the other two ALPA groups.
    __________________________________________________ __

  20. #20
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Level
    100
    Points: 71,622, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    No, you dump ALPA and join APA. Then file single carrier against the other two ALPA groups.
    That will require a real Union.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •