Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Black listed for all 121??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    So my question is; am I black listed at all 121 carriers?

Im an ex eagle guy. I resigned a few years ago.

Couple facts:

1. I resigned because I was told I had to return or would be terminated. Was out on medical when mother was killed in automobile accident. I wanted more time off to regroup.

2. I was told they would move to terminate if I didnít return soon.

3. I was cleared back and when I got to Dallas I knew I was not ďreadyĒ.

4. I resigned without a two week notice.

5. I did not have my employee badge the day I resigned because I left it at home. Was expired; figured would get a new one and return old one to cp when back on the line. I did not plan on resigning when I left home.

6. One week after I resigned I then requested to rescind resignation, was told no.

7. Found out from a inside source I am labeled Ineligable for re-hire.

8. Iíve had several airlines instrested and soon as I send resume itís crickets. I did have one interview; no cjo.

Am I blacklisted? Should I give up on the flying gig all together?

Level
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Belizeme22 View Post
    So my question is; am I black listed at all 121 carriers?

Im an ex eagle guy. I resigned a few years ago.

Couple facts:

1. I resigned because I was told I had to return or would be terminated. Was out on medical when mother was killed in automobile accident. I wanted more time off to regroup.

2. I was told they would move to terminate if I didn’t return soon.

3. I was cleared back and when I got to Dallas I knew I was not “ready”.

4. I resigned without a two week notice.

5. I did not have my employee badge the day I resigned because I left it at home. Was expired; figured would get a new one and return old one to cp when back on the line. I did not plan on resigning when I left home.

6. One week after I resigned I then requested to rescind resignation, was told no.

7. Found out from a inside source I am labeled Ineligable for re-hire.

8. I’ve had several airlines instrested and soon as I send resume it’s crickets. I did have one interview; no cjo.

Am I blacklisted? Should I give up on the flying gig all together?
    First of all, condolences on the loss of your mother. IMO, I don't see how any "black listing" can occur as your situation would only become an issue once a PRIA request was made and to my knowledge, that would occur once the hiring process has begun. You can then explain your situation. Not all airlines treat their employees, especially pilots so callously, but your story isn't the first I've heard with similar components. Demanding a pilot get back into the cockpit or quit who isn't fit to fly due to coping with a family tragedy is unconscionable. Your issue at this point might be a lack of recent experience, but you didn't describe that one way or the other. It might not hurt to try and send a letter to some of your target carriers asking if there is anything you can do to improve your chances for interview. Right now, regionals are basically taking anything in human form, with an FAA medical certificate, has 1500 hours and can fog a mirror. Good luck !
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 03-14-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Thank you for the condolences.

I would like to add that I did make aware to the recruiters that I spoke to recently that Ive been out of an airplane for a few years. They requested a copy of resume knowing that fact.

How long should it take to hear back?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Belizeme22 View Post
    Thank you for the condolences.

I would like to add that I did make aware to the recruiters that I spoke to recently that Ive been out of an airplane for a few years. They requested a copy of resume knowing that fact.

How long should it take to hear back?
    That's a wildcard. Follow-up cannot hurt after a reasonable period of time, say perhaps 4-6 weeks to avoid falling through the cracks. It does happen. If you described your situation accurately and you just were booted from Envoy for solely the above reason, any reputable carrier would at least IMO, not view that unfavorably. Don't cast blame, simply describe what was obviously a difficult situation and emphasize your prioritization of safety and moving far enough in the grieving process to ensure you could focus on your flying responsibilities.

Just my. 02.....
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 03-14-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

You were not fired, you resigned. Simply fill out the applications and where it asks reason for leaving and how. Resigned to manage family business, or resigned to deal with family issues. You can explain at the interview if asked.

Unless somebody high up has a hard on for you they aren’t calling other potential employers. There is no master blacklist. However, It absolutely does happen, and the solution is to not tell anybody where you’re interviewing, or have been hired, until you’re finished with IOE. If they don’t know or hear about it, they can’t call a buddy and torpedo you.
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    You were not fired, you resigned. Simply fill out the applications and where it asks reason for leaving and how. Resigned to manage family business, or resigned to deal with family issues. You can explain at the interview if asked.

Unless somebody high up has a hard on for you they aren’t calling other potential employers. There is no master blacklist. However, It absolutely does happen, and the solution is to not tell anybody where you’re interviewing, or have been hired, until you’re finished with IOE. If they don’t know or hear about it, they can’t call a buddy and torpedo you.
    He'd likely still be on probation for his first year. If they ask about the circumstances of leaving your previous flying jub, especially under these circumstances, I'd just play it honestly and it was most definately about family issues.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    He'd likely still be on probation for his first year. If they ask about the circumstances of leaving your previous flying jub, especially under these circumstances, I'd just play it honestly and it was most definately about family issues.
    Thats what I said. Manage family issues, personal business... etc. we agree, just said the same thing differently.
    __________________________________________________ __

Company
    DeathStar
    Base
    MIA
    Job
    Drink Coffee, Battle VNAV/FMS
    A/C Flown
    Divorces
    N/A
    Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/3
    Given: 22/7

Ignore User

You were an employee of AMR and treated very poorly. "Culture Change" begins at the top and you can start with the employees that need the support the most. This corporation has failed in the past and continues to do so. Here at AA, just observe the nearly 1000 pilots on Long Term Disability, of which 137 are Social Security Disabled (SSD) and have to "Reimburse" AA with their SSD payments (Offsets) to continue to receive 2012 Pilot Long Term Disability Plan payments. Hard to believe this scheme is even legal much less morally right. Good luck to you Belizeme22. Recent flight experience should help your case.

Level
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Thanks to those in this thread who responded. I am taking it all into consideration and I greatly appreciate the responses.

Sounds to me like I need some recent experience.

I did hear back from a recruiter last night and said I can "get current" in training. However, did also say would not be a bad idea to go do some flying to knock the rust off.

Thanks again to all who responded, I really appreciate the help.

Thread Information