Thread: Is this the airline you want to flow?, If you ever flow!

Level
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Is this the airline you want to flow?, If you ever flow!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    This is what AA pilots have to say:

“Based on the NC’s blast, the company sent in, what appears to be just above intern level reps, to the first real negotiation.”

“Fly the contract...”

“We've been disrespected, we've been insulted.”

“Every time I show for work these days my enthusiasm meter reads zero. ...leaning forward operationally isn’t happening.”

Fact: “The Flow Will Stop”, and what is envoy without a flow? Get hire and you will see.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    This is what AA pilots have to say:

“Based on the NC’s blast, the company sent in, what appears to be just above intern level reps, to the first real negotiation.”

“Fly the contract...”

“We've been disrespected, we've been insulted.”

“Every time I show for work these days my enthusiasm meter reads zero. ...leaning forward operationally isn’t happening.”

Fact: “The Flow Will Stop”, and what is envoy without a flow? Get hire and you will see.
    I think the sentiment among most is distrust and apathy rules. Not much different then Envoy, just a larger scale. That being said, most aren't militant, even now. Most IMO are actually simply doing their jobs, but not working any harder than necessary. The older, jaded pilots are the highest percentage of the alienated, but then again, these comprise most of the Captains. Most of the very junior are still thrilled to be out of the regionals or wherever and still semi-giddy flying a Boeing or Airbus and getting a crew meal half the time. They don't think about Delta pilots too much or worry about their medicals, etc. You can be sure there is little likelihood of any significant uprising at AA among the pilots and the APA is a mess right now from most reports. No, I think management has little to worry about from either pilot group, but then again, their lack of enthusiasm isn't what will break the camel's back IMO, it will be managements own past and present decisions. But, then again as you allude to, perhaps that's what they ultimately want...………...an excuse ?

But, once the demon shows and should they push the C11 button, the byproduct of that is NO ONE, not management, the unions nor the pilots can control the future with certainty. As I argue, the ramifications of that will knock over the apple cart for everyone and once tangible losses can no longer by ignored by labor, mild-to-moderate alienation, distrust and apathy can easily turn into hostility and unpredictability. Should be an interesting show going forward though and I am eager to see who pulls what rabbit out of whatever hat.

Thread Information