Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    Is Doug Parker going to:

a) shrink the airline
    b) bankrupt the airline
    c) get relief on the Scope
    d) All of the above
    A. Has already occurred, at least at mainline, B. Has occurred in the past with previous carriers and on multiple occasions and C. Is a very distinct probability one way or the other, especially as B. virtually assures it. It’s important to note that all three are B-A-D for the flow and those planning on it.

Level
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

As much as I’d like to say otherwise, I’ll go with D.

Company
    DeathStar
    Base
    MIA
    Job
    Drink Coffee, Battle VNAV/FMS
    A/C Flown
    Divorces
    N/A
    Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/3
    Given: 22/7

Ignore User

e) Take the money and run.

Job
    Rented mule
    Level
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 13/4

Ignore User

Word on the street is that ol’ Pedro was telling some new hire class of flight attendants that they would be coming back in for training on a new fleet type. There was supposedly an AA person there with him that shut him down quickly after he said that. So my guess is that AAG may want us to take those E190s (flight attendants would need training on the overwing exists) during the upcoming negotiations. I can only hope that both APA and our Association understand that we don’t want to go there.
    No matter what, I’m pretty sure Dougie is going to take A-B-C-D-E. Forum rules and decorum prevent me from properly expressing my opinion on the subject.
    Warlord of the crewroom.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Pedro, yes, envoy will be the largest ground service for aa.

Level
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Vne View Post
    Word on the street is that ol’ Pedro was telling some new hire class of flight attendants that they would be coming back in for training on a new fleet type. There was supposedly an AA person there with him that shut him down quickly after he said that. So my guess is that AAG may want us to take those E190s (flight attendants would need training on the overwing exists) during the upcoming negotiations. I can only hope that both APA and our Association understand that we don’t want to go there.
    No matter what, I’m pretty sure Dougie is going to take A-B-C-D-E. Forum rules and decorum prevent me from properly expressing my opinion on the subject.
    Slip of the lip or lip service to fluff up the crowd ? IIRC, I’ve heard about flight dept. types at Envoy telling tall tales to new-hire pilots over the years too, so I’d take any situation like this with a grain of.......er, a boulder of salt. That being said, it should be of little surprise Parker will likely expect scope concessions from AA pilots in exchange for agreement to any TA. The question, is to what degree ?

More “large RJ’s” as defined by present scope like the present E-175 (76/86K) are a definite yes. But......expansion of those restrictions ? If so, to what level ? Increase to allow E-175E2’s ? Increase to even allow “small jets” in the E-190/195 or A220 catagory ? Any scope asks in negotiations are likely to dramatically slow down the process, so if it’s true Parker is eyeing the E-190’s to Eagle, you will see an announcement their presently projected retirement date is being delayed. That is your clue. But, should that revelation occur, it’s not because he wants to use the E-190’s at Eagle (transfer) but their replacements. Those would be the NextGen E-190E2/195E2, A220, etc.

IMO, if given his druthers, Parker would like to move not only all AA Group I flying (19 E-190’s) to a new Eagle system, but also a significant portion of present Group II as well. Just not those actual aircraft as they would be disposed of. They would keep many of the 319’s at 126-seats, but other then that, the next smallest jet at AA would be the 737 at 172 seats (Oasis). Eagle would proliferate as a large RJ and “Small jet” operator with NextGen 76-110 seats. But, also IMO, AA pilots would never agree to that and after trying to get it through agreement fails, AAG management might then dangle a “bad or worse” ultimatum to the pilots. They would have to be deft about it though as to get too aggressive would spook the street and shareholders.

Of course, the other option is simply to pull the trigger without notice, but that will require a bit more justification, however that is increasingly likely considering the competitive and debt pickles AA is in. Once that occurs though, it will take years to make that transformation and in the interim, can you imagine what AA will be like as the pilots having also likely been stripped of much of their remaining A-fund value also helplessly watch the wholesale dismantling of a significant portion of their fleet and transfer of their flying ? The mechanics and F/A’s would be just as hosed and again, I think the AA product would plummet as morale sank to subterranean levels.

Personally, I question whether AA could survive such a period of transition. Regardless of what transpires in the future, it should be quite a show IMO and not for the faint of heart.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 02-26-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

....on a related note, when Scope is busted at AA, can you imagine Dacuj’s reaction to the inevitable new YouTube video’s of those incoming Eagle jets ? My god, he’ll blow out one wrist almost immediately and be forced into becoming proficient in ambidexterity. Jeez.....he might even have to learn to use his feet and toes to get the job done and his cojones will shrink to the size of peas and turn the same color. Of course, if he’s a junior AA pilot ?

Oh, the times we live in.......
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 02-26-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by SlowHand View Post
    e) Take the money and run.
    Parker did not hold onto his stock, to show faith in the company he is running/building. He already cashed out at the top. The running phase will be after “mission is accomplished”. And that mission begins now. He had to wait 5 years as per DOJ.

Just Facts
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 02-26-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    Parker did not hold onto his stock, to show faith in the company he is running/building. He already cashed out at the top. The running phase will be after “mission is accomplished”. And that mission begins now. He had to wait 5 years as per DOJ.

Just Facts
    Just look at how many shares he dumped in the first four months of last year.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

“If” Scope is a target, it will be a very long and drawn out battle in my opinion.
    Flight attendant rumors....
    🙄🙄🙄

Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    “If” Scope is a target, it will be a very long and drawn out battle in my opinion.
    🙄🙄🙄
    Exactly what Doug Parker is waiting, planning and getting ready for. Pick up a fight with a union.
    Now let’s see which union will volunteer to stand up and fight, so he can pull the trigger and get his
    “D day”.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 02-26-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    ������
    ...and a VERY complicated battle. APA leadership can't really even take scope concessions to the membership without losing their own credibility. AA pilots know that willingly voting in scope concessions (as in "being the group that caves") would make them pariah's in the industry. It's really an untenable subject IMO. As such, that means for all intents and purposes, Parker (or his successor) will have to force scope changes if they want them. But, as previously stated that comes with a price, perhaps a devastating price and even if they did attempt a scope grab in Chapter 11, there's no guarantee of success. The most likely scenario for the time being is kicking the can, at least until there is enough justification for pulling the trigger. But, every month and year that goes by, Delta, United and Southwest get stronger, while AA likely will get weaker. When that trigger does get pulled, it THEN takes years to get financing, order aircraft, ramp up logistics and then deploy them and during THAT period, AA could easily fall even further down the rabbit hole and be no better off or perhaps even worse then at initial completion of another quick strategic C11 with freshly dumped debt and Scope from the courts.

It's what happens when the perfect storm hits and unlike previous stormy encounters, this one could be too much for AA's long-term viability in present form.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Well if B scale did not make them pariahs this might.

Thread Information