Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

AA Stock Surging

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Contrary to what the grifters are saying, AA stock surging.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Contrary to what the compulsive masturbators are implying, AA and Envoy’s red flags and associated risks aren’t predicated on a variable stock price. AAG’s liquidity/debt ratio sucks, its product is in the toilet and the employees are in large part alienated and uninspired. A surging stock price IS good for upper management who will likely dump more of their holdings while they can so as to be better positioned to parachute out to new destinations once they’ve milked most of the liquid from this tiring cow before the old girl flops over.

You on the other hand, won’t be as fortunate as they will be. Wannabe’s are no different then the rest of the peon’s and also get left behind to deal with the bloated, odoriferous carcass, not limo’d out to greener fields with healtier cows.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 01-28-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

A734CFEF-D703-4546-B1AB-E6A11F6618E8.jpgThis is the result of $20 million in Severance packages. Laying off people has that effect, at least on the short term.

Just facts.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 01-28-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Contrary to what the compulsive masturbators are implying, AA and Envoy’s red flags and associated risks aren’t predicated on a variable stock price. AAG’s liquidity/debt ratio sucks, its product is in the toilet and the employees are in large part alienated and uninspired. A surging stock price IS good for upper management who will likely dump more of their holdings while they can so as to be better positioned to parachute out to new destinations once they’ve milked most of the liquid from this tiring cow before the old girl flops over.

You on the other hand, won’t be as fortunate as they will be. Wannabe’s are no different then the rest of the peon’s and also get left behind to deal with the bloated, odoriferous carcass, not limo’d out to greener fields with new cows.
    Even AA VP think Delta offers superior service.

A Top American Airlines Executive Flew Delta. Her Review is Shocking
    Many believe Delta offers superior service to American.

Delta believes that its positive brand image has given it a singular advantage and even allows it to charge more for fares.

The airline does, though, also boast an efficient operation, despite a much older fleet.

Recently, Delta announced that it broke its record for the number of days in a year without a cancellation.

It must take a lot of work to achieve, as American's Executive Vice President for People and Communications, Elise Eberwein describes it, pretty smooth. On a consistent basis.
    Welcome to the Family...

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    ORD
    A/C Flown
    Jungle Jet
    Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/6
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

I’m not sure I would call a <4% pop on one day a surge. Let’s see where we are at in week or two. If we keep going then we can call it a surge

Newbie Member
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

???
    AA stock was down -3.6% today. Do you use "surging" the same way as Donald Chump describes his approval rating as "surging?"

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    ORD
    A/C Flown
    Jungle Jet
    Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/6
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by cali_flyer View Post
    ???
    AA stock was down -3.6% today. Do you use "surging" the same way as Donald Chump describes his approval rating as "surging?"
    Not sure what you are looking at but AAL opened at $34.53 and closed at $36.57. So yeah it’s up today by 4.55% and up ~8.7% for the week

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Jdflyer View Post
    Not sure what you are looking at but AAL opened at $34.53 and closed at $36.57. So yeah it’s up today by 4.55% and up ~8.7% for the week
    Investors tend to take Corporations reports at face value. AA’s 4Q18 report can easily lead to stock bumps like this. But do those reports truly show the bad and ugly along with the good or are they geared to spin confidence even when all is not as good as claimed ? If the latter, is a stock bump really a good indicator of the health of a company and thus its future ? I’d argue it is not. The stock market IMO now is a dangerous mess as a whole anyway. It’s built on a false economy and leads investors into a behavior pattern akin to a string of cats watching a tennis match.

If one’s blood pressure, sugar level or heart rate functioned like the current stock market, they’d be hospitalized or dead. It is neither stable nor healthy. GDP is forecast to sink in 2019 to the low 2% down from about 3% which doesn’t translate to either more demand nor higher fares. Yet, Parker is once again proclaiming increased profits for 2019 (he’ll need them with AAG’s pension and debt servicing expenses). We shall see. We must remember he trumpeted in Dacujian fashion 3 Billion annual profit was the worst AAG would see for the foreseeable future and we know he has already rolled snake-eyes on that proclamation.

Note : AAG 52 week price range is $28.81- $57.44 and now at over $36. For comparison UAL is over $84 and Delta at about $48, but has a MUCH stronger balance sheet, profit margin for revenue and a product that AA isn’t even in the ballpark with. I see no reason to start throwing babies into the air (unless you are in the construction business in the DFW area).
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 01-28-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

“Her review is shocking”
    TO WHO?!
    Only the clueless

Level
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Shocking. Not only is Joey and airline industry expert, analyst and executive management all rolled into one. Now he is a CFP and Series 7 stockbroker that "knows" how markets work. Once again. Flat wrong. Ups and downs in the market are as common as the name John Smith. Go back and check out the last 50 years of charts.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Shocking. Not only is Joey and airline industry expert, analyst and executive management all rolled into one. Now he is a CFP and Series 7 stockbroker that "knows" how markets work. Once again. Flat wrong. Ups and downs in the market are as common as the name John Smith. Go back and check out the last 50 years of charts.
    Put down the hand lotion and Vodka and read the bottom note. Nothing but FACTS there Chrissy. You can’t spin it your way, so this is all you got........and all you will ever have, which is nothing but Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, and a pickled liver.

Level
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Put down the hand lotion and Vodka and read the bottom note. Nothing but FACTS there Chrissy. You can’t spin it your way, so this is all you got........and all you will ever have, which is nothing but Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, and a pickled liver.
    If I were really the gap-tooth mouth breather of which you speak, you would not get the creative and meticulous writing style that I have or any of the brilliance that I exhibit spilling over into such writings.
    I personally couldn't care less if you call me "Chris" or "gap-tooth mouth breather" as it makes no difference. I am not him. The real "little man" here is, voila, take a look in the mirror my friend. You do have hints of intelligence
    and brilliance at times and I do give you that. However, you aren't even close to my level. I believe that you fancy yourself as "the smartest Eagle pilot in the room" and have been dismissed at AA as a fake, fraud and blowhard all wrapped into one. You likely had the ear of a few Eagle pilots in your day in the crewroom and it made you feel like a big shot. You tried to carry that persona over here to TA, EL and TA and it has failed miserably. You have a few select groupie hangers on here at TA, but take a look at who they are. The anteater and nootpilot. The two guys who can't put one sentence together between them. No wonder they think you are on a different level and look up to you.

My friend, I have spoken truth and positivity to this forum since day one and you have spewed nothing but hate in return. I seriously suggest that you seek help as the years after age 60 accelerate downward quite quickly. Oh, by the way. Below is a snapshot of the Dow since 1950. So much for that continuous smooth ride you were touting.

D759BA4E-8B9B-42DD-AEFF-19E637A5C924.jpg

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Yes Mongo, you’ve already told us more times than we can count your name isn’t Chris and you don’t care if anyone calls you that. My name isn’t “Joey” either, so feel free to respond in like kind and we’ll continue to address each other using pseudonyms. As for the rest of your nonsense, it is simply more projection. Clearly, you can’t confront your personal demons and so you reverse that obviously too horrifying reality projecting it outward on others. That way, it exists outside of you instead of within. We are not fooled though.

As for your “Dow” (Jones) graph, that is irrelevant to AAG and the future of those currently thethered to it. Actually, a better market indicator isn’t the Dow, but the S&P 500 as it’s a much broader index, but I digress. What matters is AAG related. That involves the current economy, where it is likely headed, AAG’s internal liquidity and debt ratios, their competitive abilities, capabilities and options going forward, their product and their resources, including staffing and employee effort. Virtually ALL those more relevant metrics reveal rough air ahead for the AA ride IMO.

I know you believe none of it and are a hopeless cause, but your value to this forum is as a springboard to highlight the situation to those who may want to consider all possibilities. Some would say you are a “useful idiot”. I’m actually grateful to you Mongo, for without you, the realities I point out would be that much more difficult to express. You truly are my perfect backdrop and I thank you for being.............well, you.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 01-29-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/6
    Given: 15/18

Ignore User

Surging to the bottom. The 1 year trend is not good. This time last year it was trading around $56. Today it's $31.
    Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 8.47.10 AM.png

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sloosky View Post
    Surging to the bottom. The 1 year trend is not good. This time last year it was trading around $56. Today it's $31.
    Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 8.47.10 AM.png
    Yes, it has flopped back to where it was before Doug’s 2018 profit and performance spin to investors and analysts. In fact, it’s not even following positive trends in the market that well, so other boats rising on a swell still mean the rudderless AA dinghy is frequently foundering in a list out in the distance going in circles as its captain whacks the rowers with a paddle.

Thread Information