Thread: Brothers, Sisters & Proud🌈members of Envoy ALPA: It is My Honor to introduce...

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Brothers, Sisters & Proud🌈members of Envoy ALPA: It is My Honor to introduce...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ALPA’s Vice-President–administration/secretary, Mr. Bill Couette
    “An invisible Hero”

Envoy Captain? What qualifications?

Bill, why don’t you make your work for envoy pilots more visible?

ENY ALPA dedicated a room in your name...what for, so Pedro can give you money for the ALPA-PAC?

Why ALPA National have not sent an email to the Envoy Pilots?

A scamster -- a fraud, a fiend...your union.

Capt. William Russell “Bill” Couette (American Eagle) serves as ALPA’s Vice-President–administration/secretary. In his role, he is responsible for overseeing membership programs and records, as well as all union voting and election procedures.

Couette said he is honored to serve his fellow pilots and is looking forward to maintaining his authenticity as a line pilot. “I’m not a polished politician,” Couette said. “I’m a line pilot. I am straightforward, and I am not going to change.”

Couette brings a new outlook to the organization. “I will be able to bring the perspective of that type of flying to widebody pilots,” he said. “I want to bridge that gap. I want to see the Association get tighter. As profitability for the airline industry is just around the corner, I want us all to benefit together,” he said.

As Envoy LEC 133 chairman, Couette assisted ALPA’s SkyWest organizing effort. (SkyWest have contractual pay raises).

He also served on the Strike Oversight Board for Atlantic Southeast Airlines.

He is originally from Maple Lake, Minn. His deceased father, Russell, former member of IBEW Local 160, passed on to Couette a deeply held belief in the importance of a strong, unified union.

SALARY BREAKDOWN
    TOTAL COMPENSATION
    $228,040.00
    * Gross Salary: $0.00
    * Allowances: $24,000.00
    * Official Business: $73,524.00
    * Other Compensation: $130,516.00

SALARY HISTORY
    Title Total Compensation
    VICE PRESIDENT ADMIN $228,040
    VICE PRESIDENT ADMIN $209,024
    VICE PRESIDENT ADMIN $195,821
    VICE PRESIDENT ADMIN $199,106
    VICE PRESIDENT ADMIN $198,305

https://youtu.be/1X8hB-LrKyw
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 07-02-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Ahh......to be a swollen, bloated and flatulent feline among the now emaciated, flea-bitten alley cats you supposedly protect. All it takes is a few well-placed operatives and corruption is quite successful. At AA, there is a long-standing tradition of APA officers and reps moving over to management to then work against the pilots they previously represented.

If anyone thinks they are leaving this behind when they flow to AA, think again. These are the dreams of Dacuj/flipper too.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

“Authentic line pilot” MY ASS!
    I’ve known Bill to spin a yarn, but geeez!
    He hasn’t flown in years.
    I’m sending him a personal email that includes a dry cleaning bill for the spit take I did while reading his quotes. My shirt and tie are soaked, not to mention the panel and windshield on my side.
    Last edited by Sirsnacksalot; 07-02-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    “Authentic line pilot” MY ASS!
    I’ve known Bill to spin a yarn, but geeez!
    He hasn’t flown in years.
    I’m sending him a personal email that includes a dry cleaning bill for the spit take I did while reading his quotes. My shirt and tie are soaked, not to mention the panel and windshield on my side.
    He is and always has been a politician. He’s right where he’s supposed be.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

He was rejected for consideraton as a pilot from one of the Eagles just before the merge. Then he showed up on the master seniority list, and when the rejection was brought the attention of the higher up they were told to forget it, he stays and that comes from above. So, he's been a "best boy" hand picked by "above" for a job at the soon to be American Eagle Airlines. He promptly entered union work, and was at ALPA National shortly thereafter and has been there ever since. He came to the MEC in 2014 on thin ice for re-election essentially begging to keep his position, his wife nearly in tears about losing their DC condo.
    They guy was a management lackey from day one, and he stays one to this day as far as I'm concerned. The ONLY reason he kept the MEC vote in 2014 was the other guy was even worse. He does a very good intro to governing program for new LEC/MEC status reps and goes out of his way to make it a smash, thereby ingratiating himself with those who will be voting for him in the future. He's not dumb.... but he's not one of us either. He started as a management plant in my opinion.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 07-03-2019 at 09:06 AM.
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    He was rejected for consideraton as a pilot from one of the Eagles just before the merge. Then he showed up on the master seniority list, and when the rejection was brought the attention of the higher up they were told to forget it, he stays and that comes from above. So, he's been a "best boy" hand picked by "above" for a job at the soon to be American Eagle Airlines. He promptly entered union work, and was at ALPA National shortly thereafter and has been there ever since. He came to the MEC in 2014 on thin ice for re-election essentially begging to keep his position, his wife nearly in tears about losing their DC condo.
    They guy was a management lackey from day one, and he stays one to this day as far as I'm concerned. The ONLY reason he kept the MEC vote in 2014 was the other guy was even worse. He does a very good intro to governing program for new LEC/MEC status reps and goes out of his way to make it a smash, thereby ingratiating himself with those who will be voting for him in the future. He's not dumb.... but he's not one of us either. He started as a management plant in my opinion.
    IIRC, he was a Simmons pilot prior to the merger of all the Eagles, but admittedly I don't know the specifics of his hiring history.

Company
    DeathStar
    Base
    MIA
    Job
    Drink Coffee, Battle VNAV/FMS, Duolingo Espanol
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, 737
    Divorces
    N/A
    Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/3
    Given: 22/7

Ignore User

Impressive Mustache!

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

He's a jerk and back stabber. Those are the good qualities.

Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Maybe my memory is slipping, I thought he ran unopposed in 2014?

Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

http://www.alpa.org/news-and-events/...ional-Officers

Yep unopposed... Thin ice eh?

Capt. Bill Couette was reelected by acclamation to serve a third term as vice president–administration/secretary for the union. A 26-year Envoy pilot, he flies the Embraer ERJ-145 and is based in Chicago. During his first two terms, Capt. Couette led the union in identifying ways to communicate more effectively through technology, attracting greater numbers of U.S. and Canadian pilots to join ALPA, and mentoring young leaders coming into the Association.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post

Capt. Bill Couette was reelected by acclamation to serve a third term as vice president–administration/secretary for the union. A 26-year Envoy pilot, he flies the Embraer ERJ-145 and is based in Chicago. During his first two terms, Capt. Couette led the union in identifying ways to communicate more effectively through technology, attracting greater numbers of U.S. and Canadian pilots to join ALPA, and mentoring young leaders coming into the Association.
    Association puffery.

Couette “flies” the E-145 ? I doubt he’s touched the controls since he hit D.C. An inside club, for sure.

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Flies an airplane, I seriously doubt he has flown anything in 20 plus years.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post

There was jockeying going on for several days before the voting. Somebody was supposedly going after Hellings job, and Helling was planning to go after the admin position. It was all “arranged” by the time floor voting took place.
    Its an amazing thing watching the swamp creatures work out who’s going where. Ask any of the 2014 MEC members that were there. Bill has his wife out dropping tears for votes, that’s fact.

The press release never includes the back story.

you missed this part....
    ALPA is going to accelerate our use of technology to communicate with our members,” said Capt. Couette. “In addition, our union will do even more to encourage and mentor new pilots who come into the Association and join the profession. We have many young enthusiastic pilots who are eager to get involved, and we have the tools and opportunity to show them how.”

That was our MEC that created what today is the Regional Coordinator position at National. Our MEC - along with Exprsssjets - kept throwing our votes at the third party candidate which prevents any candidate from getting over the 50% majority. We wanted better representation from National for the regionals. They created the new second Executie Administrator position calling it Regional Coordinator. Then they fully funded the FFD committee producing all those job fairs and job preparation and career advancement services that still run today.
    Then Expressjet and our MEC elected Canol and DePete. Every single MEC and all representatives of the board of directors were fully aware that two regional MEC’s decided who was to run ALPA National. It wasn’t the mighty Delta, United or Fedex... it was Eagle and Expressjet that choose the next leaders, and they all knew it.
    There were some of us that understood politics better than others.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 07-04-2019 at 12:21 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __

Thread Information