Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donít get excited, American is still at the bottom.

Level
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Donít get excited, American is still at the bottom.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    American finished at or near the bottom among the biggest U.S. airlines in recent surveys and rankings from JD Power, The Wall Street Journal, and academics at Wichita State and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Apparently, American's own customer surveys say the same thing.

"We weren't pleased with our 'likely-to-recommend' scores," said Robert Isom, the airline's president. "They fell, year over year, for the first time in a number of years."

Isom pledged that American will make an effort to improve reliability ó fewer delays and canceled flights ó which he said could quickly lift customers' attitude about the airline.
    January 24, 2019

This is where motivated employees could make the difference.
    The beating will continue.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 01-24-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    American finished at or near the bottom among the biggest U.S. airlines in recent surveys and rankings from JD Power, The Wall Street Journal, and academics at Wichita State and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Apparently, American's own customer surveys say the same thing.

"We weren't pleased with our 'likely-to-recommend' scores," said Robert Isom, the airline's president. "They fell, year over year, for the first time in a number of years."

Isom pledged that American will make an effort to improve reliability ó fewer delays and canceled flights ó which he said could quickly lift customers' attitude about the airline.

This is where motivated employees could make the difference.
    The beating will continue.
    I have a suggestion for you. Put in your notice. TODAY. If you hate this place so much, don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

Caveat: Best advice ever given on this forum.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

No advice on how aa has to improve just more b.s..

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Here's a little video for you to watch while you chew on my nugget of wisdom.

https://youtu.be/wfsnGFjjiEs

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    No advice on how aa has to improve just more b.s..
    You too! LEAVE! Best pilot market ever and here you are at a place you HATE. Find a place that will meet your expectations. Good riddance.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    I have a suggestion for you. Put in your notice. TODAY. If you hate this place so much, don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

I recall this same philosophy years ago from then Eagle President Martens. Essentially, he sidestepped all valid criticism with a “if you don’t like working here, go work somewhere else” response. Again, all should now clearly understand Dacuj isn’t a true “airline pilot”, if anything he’s an airline executive wannabe with a pilots license. HUGE difference.

As for OT’s comments, yes employees CAN make a difference, but they cannot cancel out the failures of bad management. Delta Airlines had twice the profit on less revenue and that is what allows them to motivate and compensate employees (profit-sharing 10 times that of AA). AA does not and IMO never will have Delta’s profit metrics and so can’t afford to compensate employees more then any other “Dollar Store”. All that can be done now, is to hold on and try and eek out at least as much as they are now and hope and pray no truly “bad years” happen. The first bad year and it’s clear to me, AA will turtle shell into C11 quickly.

In the interim, that is my message to Envoy pilots, that being if AA is your goal, understand it is NOT a Delta, United or Southwest, but a Spirit, Jet Blue, Frontier, Allegiant. In fact as Delta and United pull WELL away from AA in pilot compensation/QWL and AA remains stagnant, the others will move much closer to present AA. The worst problem again IMO, is the others don’t have the debt and thus in many ways, AA is the most tenuous long-term pilot move. It might make a decent stepping stone though if you don’t stay too long.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 01-24-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Here's a little video for you to watch while you chew on my nugget of wisdom.

https://youtu.be/wfsnGFjjiEs

What is your new childish obsession with obesity ? Me thinketh you are projecting again. First you proudly inform us of your penchant for masturbating to RJ’s on YouTube and now this fixation. Bizarre to say the least. News flash: Airline Executives are many things, but they don’t act like 4th graders with behavioral disorders. Of course, we both know in that arena you’ll always be on the outside looking in.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 01-24-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I recall this same philosophy years ago from then Eagle President Martens. Essentially, he sidestepped all valid criticism with a “if you don’t like working here, go work somewhere else” response. Again, all should now clearly understand Dacuj isn’t a true “airline pilot”, if anything he’s an airline executive wannabe with a pilots license. HUGE difference.

As for OT’s comments, yes employees CAN make a difference, but they cannot cancel out the failures of bad management. Delta Airlines had twice the profit on less revenue and that is what allows them to motivate and compensate employees (profit-sharing 10 times that of AA). AA does not and IMO never will have Delta’s profit metrics and so can’t afford to compensate employees more then any other “Dollar Store”. All that can be done now, is to hold on and try and eek out at least as much as they are now and hope and pray no truly “bad years” happen. The first bad year and it’s clear to me, AA will turtle shell into C11 quickly.

In the interim, that is my message to Envoy pilots, that being if AA is your goal, understand it is NOT a Delta, United or Southwest, but a Spirit, Jet Blue, Frontier, Allegiant. In fact as Delta and United pull WELL away from AA in pilot compensation/QWL and AA remains stagnant, the others will move much closer to present AA. The worst problem again IMO, is the others don’t have the debt and thus in many ways, AA is the most tenuous long-term pilot move. It might make a decent stepping stone though if you don’t stay too long.
    There is one thing Mr. Martens was correct about. If you don't like it here then leave. Why punish yourself?

If we could get the two bozos on this thread to leave, we've got ***loads of pipeline talent waiting in the wings. Win win. Two dudes that hate it here move on to "better" things and are happy. And Envoy replaces them with superior young talent that WANTS to be here.

There ya go

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

There is one thing Mr. Martens was correct about. If you don't like it here then leave. Why punish yourself?

If we could get the two bozos on this thread to leave, we've got ***loads of pipeline talent waiting in the wings. Win win. Two dudes that hate it here move on to "better" things and are happy. And Envoy replaces them with superior young talent that WANTS to be here.

There ya go
    So youíre saying ďtwo dudesĒ on a forum are stifling Envoyís pilot recruitment again ? Hate to break it to you, but more here who do work at Envoy are shall we say less then enthused and thatís their sentiment, not mine. No substance here again as parroting past Eagle Presidents similar tone-deaf ethics and humanity isnít getting you anywhere.

We all see your goal. Itís to silence others to hide the red flags as historically, a clueless Envoy pilot is a good Envoy pilot, yes ? I laugh at you telling pilots to leave today, when yesterday (figuratively), you tell pilots theyíd be crazy to leave. Rationality is not your strong suit.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/2

Ignore User

Why donít you two get a room. My goodness.

Level
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37

Ignore User

Have one for you. If you donít like facts I suggest you change your phone number. A lot of people will be calling you.

(318)x7x-x2xx
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 01-24-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

He’s just reporting how the airline ranked. I said this last week that the WSJ had AA next to last in almost all categories except most likely to lose bags, and most likely to cancel. The overall put AA at the bottom of the list of 8 carriers compared. That isn’t hate, it’s fact. Something you’re too blind to see.

Let me guess, you never had any airline job other than with AAG, correct? I thought Eagle and prospectively AA were the nuts too until I worked elsewhere. Get out of your SA cubicle more often.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 01-24-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

I hate to say it, he is right. The more people that are unhappy and left, the more this place would improve. If the company didn't have bodies in the seats, they would have to adjust.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Right, that's why the flow works correct. Flow failed the day they offered bonuses to new hires while the rest are at the bottom of pay rates compared to others.

Level
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

That ďtalentĒ that The Spooge is referring to ainít all itís cracked up to be, but since he doesnít work for envoy he wouldnít know.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    That “talent” that The Spooge is referring to ain’t all it’s cracked up to be, but since he doesn’t work for envoy he wouldn’t know.
    Oh yes they are. Far superior to the couple of negative nancys here on this forum. Lifer guys like the anteater think they know everything and they don't. Their skills have deteriorated and some of the pipeline guys have confidentially confided they were worried when flying with some of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnD_JSg7v4o

Level
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

I find it laughable that youíd be willing to take third hand information and run with it. The word from instructors, IOE checkairmen and captains that arenít ďlifersĒ is quite the opposite of what you preach.
    Not surprised by your response since all you post has no facts to back it up, nor have you ever responded to questions posed to you.
    Last edited by Sirsnacksalot; 01-25-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0

Ignore User

Oh yes they are. Far superior to the couple of negative nancys here on this forum. Lifer guys like the anteater think they know everything and they don't. Their skills have deteriorated and some of the pipeline guys have confidentially confided they were worried when flying with some of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnD_JSg7v4o
    Wrong.....If you were here and could ACTUALLY look at the pass/fail rate of the new hires in training you would know for a FACT that the past few years has been the worse it has ever been here. Trust me I know since I see it daily.

Level
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0

Ignore User

https://abc7.com/careers/walmart-increases-truck-drivers-pay-to-nearly-$90k-/5106096/

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    I find it laughable that you’d be willing to take third hand information and run with it. The word from instructors, IOE checkairmen and captains that aren’t “lifers” is quite the opposite of what you preach.
    Not surprised by your response since all you post has no facts to back it up, nor have you ever responded to questions posed to you.
    His claims about pipeline Chuck Yeager’s and Bob Hoover’s “worried” about the competence of pilots he dislikes isn’t “third hand information”, it’s fabricated. We’ve proven him a consistent liar and in fact, he even admits to being a liar, so anything he says has ZERO credibility. Personally, I can’t take seriously anything said by YouTube masturbators with delusions of grandeur.

All you can do is laugh.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 01-25-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Thread Information