Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: Is Parkerís unfit to manage AA?

  1. #61
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,699
    Level
    98
    Points: 28,218, Level: 98
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    To help dacuj, we should find out his employee number and approach APA and inform them that one of there own has certain mental disorders, and the should have an intervention with him.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25
    Level
    39
    Points: 3,864, Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Iíve said Parker needs to go. I do wonder if thatís his plan if heís able to squeeze one more out of APA and lock it down for a few years.

    What I canít figure out for the life of me is this 2021 thing. Iíve searched forums, SEC filings, press releases, financial statements, investor publications and presentations, pilot contracts, etc

    I have no clue what youíre talking about and canít seem to find anything that gives me a red flag about such a timeline.

    So, if we are here to help each other as we all claim, what are you talking about? Iím truly at a loss as to what youíre seeing here.

  3. #63
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,811
    Level
    100
    Points: 64,923, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvtpilot View Post
    I’ve said Parker needs to go. I do wonder if that’s his plan if he’s able to squeeze one more out of APA and lock it down for a few years.

    What I can’t figure out for the life of me is this 2021 thing. I’ve searched forums, SEC filings, press releases, financial statements, investor publications and presentations, pilot contracts, etc

    I have no clue what you’re talking about and can’t seem to find anything that gives me a red flag about such a timeline.

    So, if we are here to help each other as we all claim, what are you talking about? I am truly at a loss as to what you’re seeing here.
    Take this advise, keep your apps updated with:
    Delta
    United
    FedEx
    UPS

    You will not regret, even junior/flow pilots already at AA are keeping their applications updated. Lotís of red flags. Just an advice. The flow is an alternate, hope you donít have to use it. So many pilot groups within APA,
    -AA
    -TWA
    -US Air
    -America West
    -Flowthru Pilots
    -New Hires
    -Senior Pilots/Junior Pilots

    I wonder if there is UNITY at all?

    ďThe grass is not greener.Ē
    ~words from a flowthru, 9 years ago~

    I have no doubt, you can do a lot better $$$$$ by getting somewhere else.

    Parker has an agenda, and he is right on schedule.

    Good Luck
    And God Bless
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 01-22-2019 at 10:35 PM.

  4. #64
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    739
    Level
    73
    Points: 12,565, Level: 73
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post

    LOL ! How many times did you attack me for posting about Envoy here as an AA pilot ? I lost count. You claimed THEN I had no business doing so because I worked for AA, NOT Envoy. Yet, now when the exact same situation assists you, itís somehow different ?

    You would have done better crawling back under your rock. You were asked to nut up or shut up and you still have no nuts. Weíre not interested in your incorrect, meaningless, empty claims. Answer the questions asked of you with demonstrable facts.

    Well?...........weíre STILL waiting.
    https://tenor.com/KVcZ.gif

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    235
    Level
    47
    Points: 5,514, Level: 47
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    You shouldn't be posting pics of yourself, you do know what goes on the internet stays on the internet right?

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,522
    Level
    67
    Points: 10,204, Level: 67
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    What we DO know for fact is that A. This post has no point, B. It is bankrupt of substance and/or facts and C. It is indicative of someone who is childish and in need of supervision. Obviously, you have no relevant and coherent answer to the questions posed to you and have nowhere to hide when your clearly obvious hypocrisy is exposed and so this is the best you can do. Your parents should be ashamed to claim you as offspring and American Airlines should be embarrassed to have to acknowledge you are one of its employees. Apparently, we all will be waiting in perpetuity for you to grow up, act like an adult and offer substance in your interactions here. No surprise to me though, Mongo...……..you consistently perform exactly as I expect.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    523
    Level
    61
    Points: 8,395, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    So now heís resorting to posting videos of himself?
    Seek help dude.

  8. #68
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    739
    Level
    73
    Points: 12,565, Level: 73
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    What we DO know for fact is that A. This post has no point, B. It is bankrupt of substance and/or facts and C. It is indicative of someone who is childish and in need of supervision. Obviously, you have no relevant and coherent answer to the questions posed to you and have nowhere to hide when your clearly obvious hypocrisy is exposed and so this is the best you can do. Your parents should be ashamed to claim you as offspring and American Airlines should be embarrassed to have to acknowledge you are one of its employees. Apparently, we all will be waiting in perpetuity for you to grow up, act like an adult and offer substance in your interactions here. No surprise to me though, Mongo...……..you consistently perform exactly as I expect.
    Umm hmm. That's my answer to you Joey. From now on, you get the dancing man. Because you are BANKRUPT of anything of substance as you so love to spout regularly. ALL of your hemming and hawing about how BAD American Airlines is doing and what a **** operation Envoy is has no, nada, ZERO substance. It's just speculation you pull out of the air or most likely, your rear end. Here's my real question.

    WHY THE **** ARE YOU STILL HERE POSTING ON THIS BOARD?

    By your own admission, you are long gone from Envoy so anything you post or have to say is materially irrelevant. Yes, I know what you are going to say. But so are YOU mister. Well, yes, however, I maintain close ties with those on Regent Blvd and my new SA coming up will keep me in contact even more. So I do have relevant and viable information to pass along. Where you do not.

    I know the answer to the question though as to why you are still here. Because you are psycho. Caveat Emptor.

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,522
    Level
    67
    Points: 10,204, Level: 67
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Umm hmm. That's my answer to you Joey. From now on, you get the dancing man. Because you are BANKRUPT of anything of substance as you so love to spout regularly. ALL of your hemming and hawing about how BAD American Airlines is doing and what a **** operation Envoy is has no, nada, ZERO substance. It's just speculation you pull out of the air or most likely, your rear end. Here's my real question.

    WHY THE **** ARE YOU STILL HERE POSTING ON THIS BOARD?

    By your own admission, you are long gone from Envoy so anything you post or have to say is materially irrelevant. Yes, I know what you are going to say. But so are YOU mister. Well, yes, however, I maintain close ties with those on Regent Blvd and my new SA coming up will keep me in contact even more. So I do have relevant and viable information to pass along. Where you do not.

    I know the answer to the question though as to why you are still here. Because you are psycho. Caveat Emptor.
    …..and yet again, Psychological projection for the main course. For side dishes, we also again have creamed deflection and buttered hypocrisy. We're all getting a little bored trying to digest the same rancid meal you keep trying to serve us Chris. Any chance your demented kitchen could serve us something satisfying and of substance ? Quite unobservant aren't you...……….or more likely just seeing what you want to see ? To wit, those without a lack of oxygen due to excessive gapped-toothed mouth-breathing will note most of my posts of late have less to do with Envoy per se, but instead more to do with AA and that I know far more about then you, greenhorn. Unfortunately, the two are intertwined, although not identical as you claim. Mr. Chef, might I suggest that if you don't like my POV, to go suck an egg ?


    I'm hoping it might inspire you to grow up, join the human race and finally post something of substance.

  10. #70
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    739
    Level
    73
    Points: 12,565, Level: 73
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    …..and yet again, Psychological projection for the main course. For side dishes, we also again have creamed deflection and buttered hypocrisy. We're all getting a little bored trying to digest the same rancid meal you keep trying to serve us Chris. Any chance your demented kitchen could serve us something satisfying and of substance ? Quite unobservant aren't you...……….or more likely just seeing what you want to see ? To wit, those without a lack of oxygen due to excessive gapped-toothed mouth-breathing will note most of my posts of late have less to do with Envoy per se, but instead more to do with AA and that I know far more about then you, greenhorn. Unfortunately, the two are intertwined, although not identical as you claim. Mr. Chef, might I suggest that if you don't like my POV, to go suck an egg ?


    I'm hoping it might inspire you to grow up, join the human race and finally post something of substance.
    Here's your substance Joey.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhcLsh-m_Zg

  11. #71
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,699
    Level
    98
    Points: 28,218, Level: 98
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dacuj, take your own advice, you don't work here so leave and don't come back.
    now take our advice and go seek mental health therapy.
    Sir, can I have another.

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,522
    Level
    67
    Points: 10,204, Level: 67
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    Dacuj, take your own advice, you don't work here so leave and don't come back.
    now take our advice and go seek mental health therapy.
    His "therapy" is alcohol. Clearly, it isn't working.

    Meanwhile, others will continue to post facts to buttress their opinions and assertions and he'll continue his 4th grade playground antics. IMO, 2019 will provide much new information about the state of AA and thus the value of flow. I think most of it will not be good. In the meantime, it will be interesting to hear how Doug spins 2018's 4Q situation tomorrow. Maybe he'll consult our resident "war hero" and AA/Envoy Yoda for his take on the situation ? Let us know if he calls, Mongo.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 01-23-2019 at 08:25 PM.

  13. #73
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,811
    Level
    100
    Points: 64,923, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    Take this advise, keep your apps updated with:
    Delta
    United
    FedEx
    UPS

    You will not regret, even junior/flow pilots already at AA are keeping their applications updated. Lot’s of red flags. Just an advice. The flow is an alternate, hope you don’t have to use it. So many pilot groups within APA,
    -AA
    -TWA
    -US Air
    -America West
    -Flowthru Pilots
    -New Hires
    -Senior Pilots/Junior Pilots

    I wonder if there is UNITY at all?

    “The grass is not greener.”
    ~words from a flowthru, 9 years ago~

    I have no doubt, you can do a lot better $$$$$ by getting somewhere else.

    Parker has an agenda, and he is right on schedule.

    Good Luck
    And God Bless
    Check your PM Dvtpilot.
    Welcome to the Family...

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,522
    Level
    67
    Points: 10,204, Level: 67
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    His "therapy" is alcohol. Clearly, it isn't working.

    Meanwhile, others will continue to post facts to buttress their opinions and assertions and he'll continue his 4th grade playground antics. IMO, 2019 will provide much new information about the state of AA and thus the value of flow. I think most of it will not be good. In the meantime, it will be interesting to hear how Doug spins 2018's 4Q situation tomorrow. Maybe he'll consult our resident "war hero" and AA/Envoy Yoda for his take on the situation ? Let us know if he calls, Mongo.
    Word is in and higher fares allowed AA to match Delta and United by slightly beating analysts expectations. That should bring 2018 net profit to well less then 2 billion (1.4) which IIRC Parker previously forecasted 3 billion as a “bad year” for AA. Perhaps he was talking gross instead of net ? Even gross didn’t meet 3 billion. Considering the environment though, it hardly qualifies as anywhere near that situation. Share price is up for now though not surprisingly. But, Parker is forecasting a much more profitable year for 2019 overall (as much as 40%), but less so for Q1. A 40% increase in net profit would definitely move the ball closer to 3 billion net, but still well short and would that then be a good year ? Ummm OK, we’ve heard this for awhile, but looking deeper what has allowed AA to meet less then 50% of “bad year” profits if net was the metric (which is the true meaningful consideration) ?

    Answer : A large segment of front line employees working under bankruptcy contracts, including mainline pilots, mechanics and Envoy pilots AKA the U.S. Airways model, just on steroids. Endlessly referring to them as “team members” isn’t fooling most.

    How will Parker spin this to those employees when billions are rolling in AND he forecasts even higher profits for 2019 due to new revenue initiatives ? Considering AA’s product is in the dumpster (according to industry analysts/media sources) and morale among those critical groups is low, IMO it appears “kick the can” will continue. For AA though, Parker’s forecasts hinge on staffing both operations with enough pilots and at AA, that is falling apart by many reports. At Envoy, that could easily fall apart quickly with hiring spurts from other more lucrative carriers. Our pro management/anti-pilot contingent of stooges here wil no doubt cheer as their idols continue to stuff profit money into their pockets while the front-line slugs are praised for their rowing abilities. Remember, the people that matter are the shareholders, BOD and executives.

    Parker’s proven he can make half of his “bad year” profit predictions in a good year (disturbing) with bankruptcy labor costs, but again, that was his M.O. at US Airways so no surprise. He demonstrates consistency and thus is predictable. Of course, one must realize the AA product is actually sold at a loss. Direct passenger revenue was under 10 billion last year, but expenses were a half billion more then that. Profits come from non-direct passenger flying charges and fees. The question is, how will he elevate product quality with a disengaged and alienated front-line work force which when truly bad years occur will mean little or no profit ? One wonders if he’ll announce another scrap be tossed at the rowers in the form of a profit-sharing bump just enough to keep up the rowing rate ? Probably not, I suppose everyone should just enjoy their 1.4%. He can certainly expect more pressure from APA and the mechanics in 2019, although he will have nothing to worry about from Envoy ALPA as all is well as long as the minimum possible flow-thru rate is met.

    At any rate, I expect the party will continue at CP for now (until the move to the new Taj Mahal). Hey Mongo, again let us know if Parker calls for spin advice, eh ? We know you dream of a desk in his orbit with your feet up and a cigar in your mouth brainstorming new ideas to screw over pilots. In fact, why not call him with some ideas ?
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 01-24-2019 at 11:15 AM.

  15. #75
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,699
    Level
    98
    Points: 28,218, Level: 98
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,522
    Level
    67
    Points: 10,204, Level: 67
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Customers are having just as hard of a time understanding the new AA isn’t the old AA, it’s essentially a larger Spirit. It’s best to think of the old US Airways mediocre product.

  17. #77
    Newbie Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3
    Level
    12
    Points: 643, Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Somebody once told me that Dougie was married to the daughter of Frank Lorenzo. While I donít know the veracity of that statement, it sure would seem to explain some things.





    Play here with mobile slots anytime

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    523
    Level
    61
    Points: 8,395, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Urban legend
    However, Lorenzo has praised Dougweiser publicly for his handling of the merger.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •