Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by that_guy19 View Post
    No, schedules have improved. I usually enjoy your industry insight and your posts typically give me food for thought. As a younger(ish) man with hopefully a ways to go in this career, I do appreciate the majority of your posts. However, in this case, your assumption that things are worse is incorrect, so let’s reel that back a bit.

I was just reviewing an old post of my own (I don’t chime in much) from FEB17, where I was lamenting to clueless Dacuj about the state of our schedules. At that time, I griped that ALL bases had bid packets with OVER HALF of lines containing multiple 2 day off patterns between 4D trips, no variety and very low commutability. I tried to explain to dacuj that 4 on 2 off uncommutable both trips on both ends meant we were away from home 10 days in a row, and the bid packets were littered with it. I think you know how he received that.

Fast forward to today. Are 4 on 2 offs gone? No. Have they been reduced? Significantly.

Do we have variety? Yes, in most bases. Is it commutable 2D and 3D trips? No, but jeez, average block per day is typically 4:30hrs for ORD 175. Do the math, the averages aren’t near strong enough to support it.

Commutability is truly lacking, can’t argue that.

Our schedules leave much to be desired. We still have a handful of 2 day off patterns in the bid packets, considerably more some months.

Are they perfect? Hell no, H2O! Are they reminiscent of 2010? Neg-ah-tive!!!

But, have they improved from 2016 and 2017?
    Undeniably.
    The majority of Envoy pilots I talk to here and elsewhere would disagree with you. From an Envoy scheduling perspective, I can only go by what the majority tell me. But, my point wasnít just about Envoy pilots schedules. You went off that path with your post and my point was a response of generality about all things AAG and pilots. Both here and at AA, culture change and overall QWL was supposed to go in a positive direction. It didnít. It went backwards.

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

I wonít argue the trend on the broader AAG/MQ items you just mentioned, completely agree, my friend.

I am specifically talking about schedules as that is found in the title of the thread. The things I have listed are measurable and objective data points. I donít doubt that negative subjective feedback is easy to find.
    Schedules at the industry leading FFD carrier should be industry leading.

Cheers everyone!

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I wonít argue the trend on the broader AAG/MQ items you just mentioned, completely agree, my friend.

I am specifically talking about schedules as that is found in the title of the thread. The things I have listed are measurable and objective data points. I donít doubt that negative subjective feedback is easy to find.
    Schedules at the industry leading FFD carrier should be industry leading.

Cheers everyone!
    Perhaps the data doesnít tell the true story ? Something must be responsible for the apparent disconnect between theory and reality on Envoy QWL, including schedules.

Quite mysterious it is.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Funny, I’ve always found numbers to be fairly truthful, but I digress.

I haven’t been suggesting that it does tell the whole story or the true story. In fact, I’ve taken great care to speak to the objective data and trends soon followed my my own subjective input via superfun colorful questions that I ask and provide my own (subjective) answers to... in EACH of my posts on this thread. No disconnect here, I’m livin it. I got an oar in my hands too.

I will say this, friends. If you’re seriously dissatisfied, man up and email your superiors. I guarantee you the thinking in Irving is that if we’re not chirping, then we’re all happy and content out here.

Silence speaks volumes and you’ve just been clued in to how that message is received in Irving.

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/6
    Given: 15/18

Ignore User

70% of the current pilot group was hired after the merger and don't know anything but the terrible, post merger schedules. So it's the norm for them. I'd say the majority of the remaining 30% have either given up hope of schedules ever improving or are close enough to flowing that they've mentally checked out.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Funny, I’ve always found numbers to be fairly truthful, but I digress.

I haven’t been suggesting that it does tell the whole story or the true story. In fact, I’ve taken great care to speak to the objective data and trends soon followed my my own subjective input via superfun colorful questions that I ask and provide my own (subjective) answers to... in EACH of my posts on this thread. No disconnect here, I’m livin it. I got an oar in my hands too.

I will say this, friends. If you’re seriously dissatisfied, man up and email your superiors. I guarantee you the thinking in Irving is that if we’re not chirping, then we’re all happy and content out here.

Silence speaks volumes and you’ve just been clued in to how that message is received in Irving.
    Pilot complaints have fallen on deaf ears here for decades. Actually, the usual response in the small percentage of instances when feedback was received was very close to your sentiment. Back when employee surveys occurred, nothing noteworthy became of it.

If thereís any data that DOES tell a true story of experience and result, itís that. The future is easily predictable because itís based on the past and a well documented one at that.

Company
    DeathStar
    Base
    MIA
    Job
    Drink Coffee, Battle VNAV/FMS
    A/C Flown
    Divorces
    N/A
    Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/3
    Given: 22/7

Ignore User

January will be good for me. Get to spend more time with a HOT young Latin Lady in her home town. Motivated to learn Spanish. My Wife passed away in a horrible manner. She is food for the soul! For all those happly Married, I which I still was. When given lemons .....

Thread Information