Thread: ...management is checking up on them.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

...management is checking up on them.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...o-flights.html

Very quietly DP keeps trying to force a strike...from any group. Noting new here, just part of his playbook.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 12-12-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...o-flights.html

Very quietly DP keeps trying to force a strike...from any group. Noting new here, just part of his playbook.
    IMO they are also there to monitor pilots as well, at least secondarily as much as possible and report “irregularities” for the flight dept. to address. Sounds to me like an extension of a culture morphing back to a “the beatings will continue until morale improves” philosophy and ruling by intimidation. I guess if you aren’t willing to motivate your employees through positive culture including inspiration and competitive reward, then do it through a spy network and a Russian-style intimidation campaign.

I used to think the “new” AA’s culture couldn’t actually become worse then the old one, but I was wrong. To employees, perception is reality and no company ever produced a competitive service product through the perception of the bullying and intimidation of their employees by their employees, let alone an industry leading one and if this is what it sounds like, it will simply end up another red flag that will be discussed AFTER the inevitable as something that should have been a strong clue. Regardless, I think word will get out resulting in a spike in F/A attrition and AA will also end up getting less desirable F/A candidates only exacerbating their service problems. Who would want to join such a work environment ? Certainly no one of quality who can do better elsewhere. I wonder if they’ve considered that such a situation might already be a product of the very problem of the present culture at AA and that it might also already be seen as undesirable by quality candidates hence this apparent problem ?

Overall, I think they’re just trying to band-aid issues on the cheap and it won’t work. In fact, I think similar to issues of the past such as the uniform debacle, it will end up a counter-productive failure. But, the past seems to be AA’s future and so perhaps it’s time to let destiny run its course. The red flags are piling up.

Caveat Emptor.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 12-12-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Well apa was told by us air pilots what type of people us air management, but apa was bought off by parker for the unions support. Without union support the merge was not going to happen and us air only had max 2 years to survive alone. Apa in its wisdom chose parker and his management because they had a great reputation (sarcasm) and threw Horton and aa management to the wolves, granted they got millions for there trouble.
    Us air management ran us air into the ground and now they will do the same to american.
    Just a summary for those that only think nothing else except flow.
    Misery loves company and at AAG there is a shi+ load of company.

Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    Well apa was told by us air pilots what type of people us air management, but apa was bought off by parker for the unions support. Without union support the merge was not going to happen and us air only had max 2 years to survive alone. Apa in its wisdom chose parker and his management because they had a great reputation (sarcasm) and threw Horton and aa management to the wolves, granted they got millions for there trouble.
    Us air management ran us air into the ground and now they will do the same to american.
    Just a summary for those that only think nothing else except flow.
    Misery loves company and at AAG there is a shi+ load of company.
    Parker told APA what they wanted to hear, they believed it and then sold it to their pilots with the help of the creditors committee. The pilots especially got played and everyone but the employees got rich. But......that’s what happens when you let emotion overtake rationale. Sadly, pilots are predisposed to that and it’s in their DNA, i.e., they make the same mistakes repeatedly and thus are completely predictable making them fairly easy to manipulate. They are very poor students of history and proof of that are the those lining up for the flow yet again with a pocketful of expectations.

History proves that for many, it will likely end up a saucerful of sorrow.

Thread Information