Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The President of United Airlines is the #2 shareholder of his competition American Airlines. You can't make this stuff up...........

Regarding Q3, in a release to "team members" it appears revenue is up, but profits down. Q2 had a pre-tax profit of 769 million down to 456 million this quarter. Net profit sagged from 566 million in Q2 to 341 million this quarter. This is mostly due to fuel prices. Of course, it doesn't matter what the issue if it results in reduced profits, which risk eventually becoming losses and especially externals that cannot be controlled. This is then quickly glossed over as the vibe then turns to looking forward (like the flow...........don't look around, just concentrate on looking waaaaay out there). On that note, the fact they are jamming more seats in Group II aircraft is trumpeted to result in more revenue. Maybe, maybe not, but it certainly does NOTHING positive for the product. They have "restructured" International flying (such as the abandonment of ORD Far East competition) in search of (or hoped for) more profit elsewhere. That elsewhere apparently includes DFW where 15 more gates are being added to their monopoly hub, but aren't these RJ gates ? The proclamation of 300 million in future cost improvements is great, but the flip side of that is either A. it all goes out the window for new contracts for Pilots and Mechanics (along with "me too" improvements for F/A's)........or (more likely) B. Nothing for those front-line employees as again...........it negates those very cost improvements. So much for "culture" and "product".

According to them, APEX (essentially an INDUSTRY controlled group) rates AA a "Five-star global airline", yet the U.S. Five-star carriers listed (in various categories and reasons) include, Virgin, Southwest, Alaska, Jet Blue and Delta. American Airlines shows up under the "Four-star" listing, but so does Allegiant. Perhaps I missed something though ? There's also a statement about making culture a "competitive advantage" and describes the integration of F/A's as the catalyst for that. That is simply integration, not a "culture" improvement, at least insofar as relations with management which is the true "culture" metric. The pilots have long been integrated, but the pilot "culture" is reportedly worse then ever. Oh well....... dividends were returned to shareholders (although again, less then in the past), but shareholder value is down negating those dividends. Finally, a request to "think forward, lead forward" is suggested, but alas, it doesn't do anything about addressing the issues that exist NOW, only deflect the mind to avoid them and pretend they don't exist. Sounds like the new version of the previous "pull together, win together" cheer reconstituted to me. The idea is to "take care of the customers", but clearly just like the past, there is a WIDE gulf between what the cloistered executives believe will produce that and what the front-line service providers require to be motivated. In short, the Q3 announcement to the "team" IMO is once again long on fluff, sugar and spice, but very questionable and concerning on substance. If I get anything from it, I cannot help but fear AA is destined to bolt forward to the past with similar results as nothing seems to have changed for the employees since the last BK, save for the past environment on steroids and a new slogan.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 10-25-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/8
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Once again. All kinds of wrong here. One down quarter does not indicate anything in this case other than some minor increases in fuel and a short period of soft bookings. I know your level of determination in the hopes of seeing AA and especially Envoy get put against the financial ropes. But, it's not happening. As I explained yesterday in my Business 101 class, the debt outstanding has nothing to do with the financial performance of the company. You seem to think the two are tied together and they are not. Debt is good, if it's leveraged properly, and it is. This isn't your old AMR tripping over dollars to make a nickel. A totally new management team is in place and they have put together a great financing package on AA's aircraft order book. Take also into account the addition of the new gates you mentioned in DFW. That's 15 additional gates of revenue that are now available for AAG to capitalize on. Envoy is the fortunate recipient of the AAG purse strings. We have an industry leading flow in place that guarantees a new hire a job at the largest major airline in the world. One that actually knows how to dot the I's and cross the T's. That's important for your career progression. Next, take into account the massive retirement schedule over the next 10 years at AA. There will be no slowing of the flow. Only increases if I were to hazard a guess. AA needs every body they can get and Envoy is providing that in spades. By the way, where is your substance? You have put out zilch in that department aside from some lunatic rantings that reveal your obsession and seething hatred of Envoy.

What world of finance are you living in? Actually, I know. Some angry old geezer behind his walker in a nursing home red in the face and totally angry because they messed up his mashed potatoes. Sound familiar?

Level
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Sure does he looks just like you.
    Disgruntled and stuck.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    Once again. All kinds of wrong here. One down quarter does not indicate anything in this case other than some minor increases in fuel and a short period of soft bookings. I know your level of determination in the hopes of seeing AA and especially Envoy get put against the financial ropes. But, it's not happening. As I explained yesterday in my Business 101 class, the debt outstanding has nothing to do with the financial performance of the company. You seem to think the two are tied together and they are not. Debt is good, if it's leveraged properly, and it is. This isn't your old AMR tripping over dollars to make a nickel. A totally new management team is in place and they have put together a great financing package on AA's aircraft order book. Take also into account the addition of the new gates you mentioned in DFW. That's 15 additional gates of revenue that are now available for AAG to capitalize on. Envoy is the fortunate recipient of the AAG purse strings. We have an industry leading flow in place that guarantees a new hire a job at the largest major airline in the world. One that actually knows how to dot the I's and cross the T's. That's important for your career progression. Next, take into account the massive retirement schedule over the next 10 years at AA. There will be no slowing of the flow. Only increases if I were to hazard a guess. AA needs every body they can get and Envoy is providing that in spades. By the way, where is your substance? You have put out zilch in that department aside from some lunatic rantings that reveal your obsession and seething hatred of Envoy.

What world of finance are you living in? Actually, I know. Some angry old geezer behind his walker in a nursing home red in the face and totally angry because they messed up his mashed potatoes. Sound familiar?
    You must be a double major,
    Domestic Ignorance and
    International Ignorance.🤦🏾*♂️

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post

^^^^^^^^^Even more "wrong" here.^^^^^^^^^^^

But you already know that don’t you ?

I take no joy in seeing AA where it is and where I think it's heading, but unlike you, I don't demand the embracement of denial, deflection or misinformation. On the latter, I want to see AA be better then Delta, but not only is it not, it's falling further behind. "Minor" fuel increases and a "soft quarter" ? Please. 22 BILLION in debt, perpetually short staffed with increasingly alienated front-line employees (did you see that media report on the employee survey's, a'la "three words" ?), limited in aircraft and resources and pulling AWAY from competition outside their comfort zone hubs are just some of the issues. Debt is NEVER "good", but sometimes can be a neutral. The other carriers apparently have a different view of debt then AA. In AA's case SERVICNG their debt COSTS Billions (with a "B") and along with pilot pension payments due will eat up a lot of those profits. In fact, AA's costs in those two areas alone could be 2 Billion in one year and if profits sag to 2 Billion ? What if profits get worse then that ? Guess what Ringo.............it looks like many on Wall Street are growing just as concerned as I am and I bet they know more then both of us. By comparison, UAL's net profit in Q3 was 836 million vs. 684 million in Q2. You say I have no "substance" ? Why is UAL (and Delta) increasing net profit while AA is going in the other direction ?

You can pull the string in your back until it (or you) snaps, but endlessly parroting the same old empty claims like "industry leading flow" which you again MIS-STATE as "guaranteed" and the pilot retirements at AA which are meaningless to Envoy pilots in any one of several scenarios will get you nowhere. It is THOSE aspects that have nothing to do with AA's financials. As for your psychotically delusional assumptions I have "seething" hatred for Envoy, that is absurd. In fact, if I did, I'd be JUST like you who demonstrates he is more then willing to shovel as much B.S. at the Envoy pilot group and anyone else who will listen as you can in the hope of making a big enough mound they can't figure out where they are if for no other reason it benefits YOU or you think or hope it will. I'm surprised you didn't cheer the new slogan..........................."THINK FORWARD, LEAD FORWARD" !!!

You're slipping, bud. I think you're overdue for SOS (Snake Oil Salesman) recurrent, eh ?
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 10-25-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    The President of United Airlines is the #2 shareholder of his competition American Airlines. You can't make this stuff up...........

This statement is incorrect. It's missing one crucial piece of information.

Thread Information