DownloadsPosting AwardActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

No More Lies Mr. Parker

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    United CEO said the carrier and its employees
    "do control the quality of our customer service and that matters more than ever during irregular operations.”

Doug Parker ”is telling employees to think twice before rebooking stranded customers on rival airlines, regular economy-class passengers are the most likely to suffer when there are long delays or canceled flights.”

Doug Parker will tell you that...The bottom line contracted more than 34 percent on a year-over-year basis due to fuel prices, and is likely to face turbulence in the third quarter as well, due to high fuel costs.

But UAL despite high fuel prices during the peak summer travel season in the third quarter, United’s net income rose 29.6 percent year over year.

Doug Parker will try to convince you that...
    Hurricane Florence is to blame for hurting earnings in the to-be-reported quarter.

The same Huracaine that Delta CEO Ed Bastian said the airline felt a 'minimal impact' from Hurricane Michael — a Category 4 hurricane that left extensive damage across Florida and Georgia.

Mr. Parker stop lying...

American Airlines is struggling to maintain its profitability in a robust economy and the stock is down 38%.

Today, Delta indicated that demand from both business and leisure travelers "has never been healthier."

“Customer service matters more than ever.”

STOP SENDING OUR PASSENGERS TO THE COMPETITION.

Respectfully,
    Your Employees
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 10-23-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/8
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Another totally bogus made up post from a known forum troll and shyster. Do you know that AAG has north of 4 billion in cash? Yep. That's billion with a B. Any person that has taken even a few business courses in college knows that you have to use debt to leverage assets to bring in revenue. Everybody knows AA has debt but the ASSETS (read planes) are there as collateral plus, the assets generate more revenue than the principal and interest. There's your leverage lesson for the day. AA is weatherproofed so to speak, and has the ability to easily ride out downturns and other economic events. Too bad you'll never set foot in one of those assets. As you declined flow through. You likely don't even have a college degree which is baffling, considering it was your only shot at a major, and not surprising as the level of stupidity you demonstrate when making these ridiculous posts. I will give you a salute from my AA jet really soon when I flow as I pass you inching along the taxiway in your 145.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    Another totally bogus made up post from a known forum troll and shyster. Do you know that AAG has north of 4 billion in cash? Yep. That's billion with a B. Any person that has taken even a few business courses in college knows that you have to use debt to leverage assets to bring in revenue. Everybody knows AA has debt but the ASSETS (read planes) are there as collateral plus, the assets generate more revenue than the principal and interest. There's your leverage lesson for the day. AA is weatherproofed so to speak, and has the ability to easily ride out downturns and other economic events. Too bad you'll never set foot in one of those assets. As you declined flow through. You likely don't even have a college degree which is baffling, considering it was your only shot at a major, and not surprising as the level of stupidity you demonstrate when making these ridiculous posts. I will give you a salute from my AA jet really soon when I flow as I pass you inching along the taxiway in your 145.
    I can tell you have an
    IGNORANT DEGREE or should I say a Degree of ignorance but a guy of your intelectual eloquence must have a Master in IGNORANCE SCIENCE...
    2021 ⏳⏳⏳⏳
    The beauty of this is I will flow before you.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 10-24-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/8
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    I can tell you have an
    IGNORANT DEGREE or should I say a Degree of ignorance but a guy of your intelectual eloquence must have a Master in IGNORANCE SCIENCE...
    2021 ⏳⏳⏳⏳
    The beauty of this is I will flow before you.藍藍藍藍藍藍藍藍
    Point MADE!

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    Do you think a corporation the size of AAG files for C11 reorganization when their cash reserves get down to $42.87 ? They file with Billions (yes, that’s with a “B”), especially when it’s strategic. AAG’s cash reserves are puny considering their debt if the industry goes South and are extremely vulnerable.

Only a sap would overlook that reality.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Is oficial: American Airlines is the world's biggest loser, AAG stock is down close to 42 percent this year, more than any U.S. airline.

The biggest percentage decline of any other U.S. airline.

The pressure is now on American's management to prove it can cope with higher fuel.

I guess 5 years of weak management is not enough.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 10-24-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but when AMR took its last trip down the BK road, wasn’t there 2 Billion in liquid assets?
    I can’t remember what the cash on hand to debt ratio was, but 4B to 21B now doesn’t sound much healthier than back then.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but when AMR took its last trip down the BK road, wasn’t there 2 Billion in liquid assets?
    I can’t remember what the cash on hand to debt ratio was, but 4B to 21B now doesn’t sound much healthier than back then.
    "AMR, the parent company of American Airlines and American Eagle, has approximately $4.1 billion in cash on hand to pay creditors. "

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204449804577067880541410146

this, from a November 30, 2011 article.

Level
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by copycopy View Post
    "AMR, the parent company of American Airlines and American Eagle, has approximately $4.1 billion in cash on hand to pay creditors. "

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204449804577067880541410146

this, from a November 30, 2011 article.
    So AAG’s cash to debt is even worse today than it was prior to the last BK filing.
    Thanks for sharing!

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    So AAG’s cash to debt is even worse today than it was prior to the last BK filing.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Do you think they will take the Lanyards away?

Level
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Gosh, I sure hope not.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Do you think a corporation the size of AAG files for C11 reorganization when their cash reserves get down to $42.87 ? They file with Billions (yes, that’s with a “B”), especially when it’s strategic. AAG’s cash reserves are puny considering their debt if the industry goes South and are extremely vulnerable.

Only a sap would overlook that reality.
    Last time they filed BK they had over $4B in cash on hand also..... they still did it. They’ll do it again too. That’s how Parker was raised to run airlines. It’s how he always has, it’s how he always will.
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Looks like a 2020 BK filing

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Last time they filed BK they had over $4B in cash on hand also..... they still did it. They’ll do it again too. That’s how Parker was raised to run airlines. It’s how he always has, it’s how he always will.
    Yes, cash on hand alone won’t be the catalyst for a filing just like share price alone, it will be a combination of metrics for a strategic reason. Of course, you can’t just hang shareholders out to dry solely for that, so several things will likely have to occur simultaneously and/or in succession. The cash and debt metrics have ALREADY been met. All that remains are profitability or lack thereof and further share value loss. One (the former) will cause the other (the latter) and then it’s easy to rationalize the inevitable move, especially if it results in benefits to the corporation while concurrently putting more potential value to shareholders. Once all that is lined up, you are left with the “strategy” or the reasoning (rationalization) of why another quick trip through C11 is actually a positive and has needed and necessary benefits. Employees at the good ship AA have never been anything but last place in that scenario.

What IS that likely “strategic” rationalization ?

A. Reduction or elimination of unnecessary debt, namely the remaining employee pensions and further refinement of aircraft leases as a cherry and B. A run at Scope which exists among ALL three mainline labor groups which would change the industry putting AA at HUGE future advantage to virtually everyone legacy and LCC alike. Just today, Delta’s Bastian announced he’s satisfied with present Delta scope. *BOOM* That’s a fantastic move against Parker whose chance of getting any willing Scope changes (feeble as they were) now just vaporized and if any carrier needs Scope changes, it’s the hamstrung and self-strangled AA. APA and AA pilots (and IAM too) just got all the validation they need to expect large contractual improvements with zero changes to scope. Parker either agrees or (almost certainly) kicks the can for years (or until forced to file) and how can you EVER change the AA product for the better with that scenario ? That’s a REAL bad place to be when you are hamstrung. It’s the perfect Catch-22 and I think Bastian knows that.

I bet Parker groaned when he heard Delta won’t seek Scope changes in their upcoming Section 6. Considering how far Delta pilots are ALREADY ahead of AA pilots and both will be concurrently in Section 6 next year, the pressure on Parker and Isom just went through the roof. In fact, I predict Delta management will settle quickly with their pilots who then will have left AA pilots in the contractual dust leaving P & I with two lousy options. Either ante up even more to match the new standard which there isn’t cash for or risk alienation of the pilot group skyrocketing to new meteoric levels. Delta can afford it and will have no labor disasters AA is all but certain to be mired down further in affecting the product and AA cannot afford to have their product further impacted. A HUGE advantage for Delta. Man, talk about a leadership team running on all cylinders........Again, the problem for AA is they can’t match Delta’s profits (or for that matter product, debt, share price, operational flexibility or culture) and there really IS insufficient money to bring them even up to Delta’s present levels, let alone a new Delta pilot contract.

The result IMO ?

Things will go from bad to worse and then the only real option is to take by force. C11 can get P & I what they need, at least financially to kick the can awhile longer. Again, nothing’s free and so AA again IMO is destined to head further into the gutter either way as AA has too much debt, insufficient cash, insufficient and dwindling profits and no operational flexibility or staff to fly out of the canyon they’re in under the present and foreseeable future conditions. The remaining variable left IMO is time. If AA staggers along treading water, it will take longer to get to that “strategic” moment. If profits fall too much (especially considering the big pilot pension payments over the next few years), it will be sooner. Two consecutive quarters with a loss and that’s it. Don’t forget even with 4 Billion in cash if in a given year you spend 1 Billion or more servicing your debt and another Billion funding pensions, trouble can come quickly and with little warning. Although United isn’t in Delta’s excellent situation with their labor, they are nowhere near the mess AA is in and will be in a much easier position for mutual resolution of issues. Again, as you can see in my opinions, I again cannot stress enough to those flowing to AA the risks I think are involved of doing so, especially given all the issues in play.

There is always the chance of a magic rabbit being yanked out, but so far all I’ve seen is a “blast of the past” with a fluffed up outlook and a new slogan and that’s what existed in the past that was the Express lane to C11. CAVEAT EMPTOR.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 10-27-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    Looks like a 2020 BK filing
    They will wait until APA signs their new contract in....then say that the world has changed and with the recent BK they need to start from scratch and tear up their newly inked deal.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by wiz5422 View Post
    They will wait until APA signs their new contract in....then say that the world has changed and with the recent BK they need to start from scratch and tear up their newly inked deal.
    That would just lead to the same destination. They have HUGE bills coming up. Again, servicing their ALREADY humongous debt, pension payments (billions over the next few years), the new posh Corporate headquarters poking through the trees near GSW, the new LAX terminal adding another 1.5+ billion. All this will need a massive profit engine to feed it with the present cash/debt ratio even if financed which just adds more debt. If at least a steady 4 billion in profits doesn’t come in each and every year for many years, look out and my bet says sufficient profits will remain elusive.

That is all BEFORE any consideration of adding hundreds of millions each to new mechanic and pilot contracts and since the F/A’s have “me too” clauses, more for them too. But...........that is what it will take to begin to truly change the culture. Continued empty talk and new slogans won’t cut it. If not, NO culture change meaning front-line service providers remain unmotivated and increasingly alienated watching their peers become more distant in the front windshield, thus the product remains industry trailing and likely to get worse. No money to change culture, so no product improvement. No product improvement, then less competitive and further loss of revenue (especially high-yield business customers).

I can’t see how Parker can even offer anything even close to industry leading considering the situation. The BOD and Wall Street would howl. That’s to either mechanics or pilots. Sooooo..........IMO, they will kick the can (a specialty of Parker) for as long as they can before being forced to act. It wouldn’t surprise me though to see Parker float a ‘save the pensions in exchange for scope’ Hail Mary. That puts APA in a real bad position and will pit the pilots against each other. Result of THAT if successful ? An ostracized pilot group among their peers and internal conflict resulting in..........yup, you guessed it, continued BAD culture. Even if APA sent that to members, it would be bad. Before yesterday, I gave that a 50/50 chance with the current APA President who has a tendency for ‘end run’ tactics against his own BOD. But Bastain just torpedoed that possibility and the APA President would now be recalled for even suggesting such a thing. I think it would fail with a majority of line pilots even under threat anyway.

But, the critical thing is that regardless of any of these potential paths, the same conundrum still exists and how does Parker fly AA out of this canyon (that he flew it into) to turn AA into a true competitor to Delta and United going forward ? How does he change the culture for little or no financial outlay to make the front-line employees competitive and thus feel valued and motivated ? Absent that, how does he then improve the product ? How does he bring DOWN debt so as not to collapse in an industry downturn ? How does he open new avenues to compete outside AA's monopoly hubs considering lack of ability either logistically or financially to expand ?

I’m at a loss to figure out how.

Sadly, I think the best option for AA's future may be that overdue industry downturn. Why ? It would impact all carriers negatively, but since virtually none are in AA's financial shape, most couldn't justify another BK. AA could and then if it chops those remaining debt bricks, fine tunes more financing and busts scope, they'd at least financially be much better off and have new logistical options with small jets to even lower cost structure. All of sudden they would have a massive advantage that others wouldn't. Again, that still means the mainline AA product stays in the dumpster as the culture well there would still be poisoned, but new breath at the Eagle system where much of that domestic and certain International (Caribbean/Central America) flying would occur. Of course, that's the death knell for the flow. Again, nothing is without consequence in AA's present situation even with THIS scenario as it would take years to make that transition and in the interim, AA IMO would be truly a wretched place for the front-line employees and I think many more customers would bail which might negate much of that hoped for result.

So many questions, so many concerns, so many possibilities, many unpleasant............but so few options and answers. BTW, APA sends their Section 6 opener to management in less than 5 weeks, so it should be an interesting show. Even more interesting will be managements initial response. On that, I expect little info and a tack (essentially a 'blackout') that keeps things under the radar. That's the usual procedure when kicking the can is the goal. Mushroom city for AA pilots while the can get kicked and kicked and........
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 10-28-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0

Ignore User

What new lax terminal? Are you talking about tom bradly?

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Old(senior) members at the APA BOD are getting replaced by ex-eagle/ALPA pilots.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 10-28-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkvisual View Post
    What new lax terminal? Are you talking about tom bradly?
    You mean “Bradley” as in the International Terminal ? No. Isn’t a new upgrade of AA’s ops at LAX being undertaken ?

Perhaps I’m mistaken and it’s Fake news ? For arguments sake let’s take that off the table. Does that materially change AA’s situation ?

My advice ? Make sure your family’s situation is in order if you plan to hitch your cart to the GSW mule.

Thread Information