Thread: Two more Regionals departing AA?

Level
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Two more Regionals departing AA?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EA0216C8-5645-47F3-AF67-382424037BF2.jpg
    Used to be 10 Regionals, who else is leaving AA next year?

American Eagle is an American brand name for the regional branch of American Airlines, under which nine (seven from 2019) individual regional airlines operate short- and medium-haul feeder flights. Three of these airlines, Envoy Air (formerly American Eagle Airlines), Piedmont Airlines, and PSA Airlines, are wholly owned subsidiaries of the American Airlines Group.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 10-17-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    EA0216C8-5645-47F3-AF67-382424037BF2.jpg
    Used to be 10 Regionals, who else is leaving AA next year?

American Eagle is an American brand name for the regional branch of American Airlines, under which nine (seven from 2019) individual regional airlines operate short- and medium-haul feeder flights. Three of these airlines, Envoy Air (formerly American Eagle Airlines), Piedmont Airlines, and PSA Airlines, are wholly owned subsidiaries of the American Airlines Group.
    Consolidation and "in-sourcing" by AAG. Also, as the regional pilot market continues its decline, weaker antelope will founder and be picked off by stronger predators. Many airlines simply can't afford to pay what some like Envoy are just to scrape the barrel to get every available body and thus will dissolve. All part of the collapse of the regional industry destined to be a fraction of its size in 5 years or so. Problem for AA, is they plan to depend far more on RJ's in the future then the others and at least IMO, are like most of the survivors of the tidal wave hit in the movie The Poseidon Adventure, are going down instead of up seeking escape from the inverted ship. Not Delta and UAL and considering their better financials and strategies (again, IMO), will really make out better in the long run. But then again, perhaps they plan to BE around in the long-run ?

Level
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

I know of trans state and Express jet leaving but the Express jet flying is picked up by skywest. Skywest flying as many flight as psa and PDT combined for aag. So really just trans state and air Wisconsin are leaving. Now the question is what's going to happen with the compass feed contract for aag.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/8
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    I know of trans state and Express jet leaving but the Express jet flying is picked up by skywest. Skywest flying as many flight as psa and PDT combined for aag. So really just trans state and air Wisconsin are leaving. Now the question is what's going to happen with the compass feed contract for aag.
    We all know you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed here. So, let me spell it out. Compass operates 175s. Envoy operates 175s. Envoy is 100% owned by AAG lock, stock and barrel. AAG is moving away from outsourced feeders. Take a guess blockhead.

Level
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Hey, mrs. sensitivity, I said compass is unknown factor the rest of what I said is TRUE FACTS. Now go back into the bathroom and clean yourself up, you're starting to smell the place up like a fish store.

Thread Information