Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 120/44
    Given: 398/28

Ignore User

Which of the 3 WO to go to?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I have a friend who is getting ready to go to the regionals. He wants flow to AA, so it's going to be one of the three wholly owned. In regards to pay, schedules, contract rules, and the time to flow, which is the best of the three? Any info helps, and thanks!

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lucky View Post
    I have a friend who is getting ready to go to the regionals. He wants flow to AA, so it's going to be one of the three wholly owned. In regards to pay, schedules, contract rules, and the time to flow, which is the best of the three? Any info helps, and thanks!
    IMO, if I were your friend, I’d select the one that allows the least disruption to their lives, principally choices of domiciles and ease of getting to/from work. I think all offer similar contracts and the dynamics of which cannot be predicted in advance to be the fastest or most enjoyable career path. The flow is an equal card for all as the rate and percentages of flow favors none and the flow itself (especially considering the destination) is a wildcard. The smart move IMO is to see any of the WO’s as a temporary stepping stone unworthy of uprooting your life for, especially considering most pilots will see lucrative opportunities develop outside of the good ship AA as time goes on and many far sooner then any tap on the shoulder from the AA flow. Thus, seek that which provides minimum effort to meet your employment responsibilities.

Stay light, stay loose and most importantly stay open to any opportunity that presents itself and understand there is ZERO loyalty to pilots who are simply tools for management. Some carriers more then others. Any of the three will give him or her an equal shot anywhere and at AA, so go for ease of transition into that stepping stone with the least amount of hassles. Just my .02........
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 10-09-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/8
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lucky View Post
    Envoy hands down. Largest percentage flow of the three. Best bases. 175s vs PDTs ratted out 145s or the crappy PSA bases. 6 year flow to AA.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    Envoy hands down. Largest percentage flow of the three. Best bases. 175s vs PDTs ratted out 145s or the crappy PSA bases. 6 year flow to AA.
    If he wants to fly a EMB 140 and upgrade in one for no money, Envoy is the place. But if he wants to fly a mainline regional jet and upgrade in one as well with better pay, Republic is a good choice. The flow is just a recruitment tool. Let’s see what happens after the last PP’s leave next October.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 10-10-2018 at 02:58 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0

Ignore User

I am still waiting for that 6 year flow, while PSA is flowing pilots hired the same year I got hired.....and I still have a year to go.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

All of the WOs flow times are back on the increase for people being hired now. Tell your friend to look at the APC forums and other places to get a true prospective on QOL, schedules, etc.
    Also be sure to tell him that he needs to be prepared for the music to stop and possibly be at the carrier of choice for a longer time than planned.
    Just my .02.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    All of the WOs flow times are back on the increase for people being hired now.
    This is truth.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I'm not surprised you're still desperately selling only Envoy as the ONLY consideration among the WO's DaKoojo. But, I think if you're going to do that you then must acknowledge both the supposed good with the known bad to be fair and accurate, yes ? To wit, in your poached post starting the other thread (The Flow), the author (you ?) states regarding AA's view of WO regional flows, "From what I know WO Pilots, ESPECIALLY ENVOY, are told to relax and to let go of the PTSD treatment they received from regional flight operations and scheduling AT ENVOY". Since you trumpeted this post as all-knowing and dead-on balls accurate, the authors statement of a piss poor existence again, ESPECIALLY at Envoy should be included in any future pilots consideration of choices of a WO regional, right ?

Right ?

Of course not. We all know you are hideously biased and your information is slanted for one purpose only. You know, I think you and the rest of the Katzenjammer kids would be much more effective if you all weren't so transparent in your self-interest.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 10-10-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I'm not surprised you're still desperately selling only Envoy as the ONLY consideration among the WO's DaKoojo. But, I think if you're going to do that you then must acknowledge both the supposed good with the known bad to be fair and accurate, yes ? To wit, in your poached post starting the other thread (The Flow), the author (you ?) states regarding AA's view of WO regional flows, "From what I know WO Pilots, ESPECIALLY ENVOY, are told to relax and to let go of the PTSD treatment they received from regional flight operations and scheduling AT ENVOY". Since you trumpeted this post as all-knowing and dead-on balls accurate, the authors statement of a piss poor existence again, ESPECIALLY at Envoy should be included in any future pilots consideration of choices of a WO regional, right ?

Right ?

Of course not. We all know you are hideously biased and your information is slanted for one purpose only. You know, I think you and the rest of the Katzenjammer kids would be much more effective if you all weren't so transparent in your self-interest.
    FYI. Koojo is not me. I do know who it is though. And he is exactly right regarding Envoy is by far the best of the best out of the 3 WOs. Like he said, bases, the 175 and 6 year flow top us out not only in the 3 WO realm but ALL regionals.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    FYI. Koojo is not me. I do know who it is though. And he is exactly right regarding Envoy is by far the best of the best out of the 3 WOs. Like he said, bases, the 175 and 6 year flow top us out not only in the 3 WO realm but ALL regionals.
    CLICK, CLICK, CLICK....There's no place like home........there's no place like home........there's no place like home.

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Ummm, I am at 8 years going on 9 and still about 6 months away from being selected. 6 years my ass. There is however a very small group of pilots hired about two years ago that will see a 6 year flow, but then it’ll increase again. Unless, they rework the flow language after the pp group. Not arguing just stating facts.

I would tell your pilot friend to go to wherever is the shortest commute or no commute.

Obviously dacuj will tell you to go here. He’s paid to tell you that.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

The 6 year flow “may” hold true for those hired in 2016. However, it has yet to be determined how the company will handle those who will flow after the P2 group have gone. To say that a new hire today will be even projected to flow in 5-6 years is a bold faced lie. Even the recruiters are telling folks that the flow is a variable and will take longer than it was projected for those hired in the past.

Thread Information