Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Skywest ta

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just a warning it’s very long. Quick read through they get substantial pay raises duty rigs of 2:1 and a max 12 percent 401k plus overage increases. I am going to add it in eh next post but just a warning it’s very long. I left off the pay rates but with a simple search on apc you can find them too
    Last edited by Pinkvisual; 09-28-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

SkyWest Pilots November 2018 Tentative Agreement

Fellow Pilots,
    It has been 3 short months since our last TA vote, and I want to begin by thanking you again for your unified voice on the last pay package. That overwhelming vote has allowed the negotiating team to insist on significant, real gains in the intervening time.
    What you have before you is one of the largest contracts ever offered to a regional airline labor group. This offer represents an immediate average 17.4% increase in payscale alone while not touching discretionary income or removing First Officers pilot profit sharing, as was previously the case. While the previous offer represented an increase of approximately $130 million over the course of the remaining 4 years of the existing contract, this offer represents more than $100 million above that previous offer: $231 million total for our pilot group. When all guaranteed and discretionary elements of compensation are combined, SkyWest pilots will be the highest paid regional pilots in the industry.
    Since our last vote many things have changed outside of pay. SAPA has negotiated hotels for crews canceled in domicile, an industry leading maternity policy, iPads instead of Surface hardware for the EFB, and many other policy improvements (quarterly master vacation, fixed wing requirements removed for upgrade, and additional benefits to industry experience pilots to name a few). It is important to emphasize the fact that SAPA continues to push for and secure quality of life improvements whether or not we are voting on a pay agreement. I think sometimes pilots think these negotiations are the only way to achieve gains, and that simply is not the case.
    Aside from these scale increases, all benefits negotiated in the previous agreement will stay in place. The following is a list of non-payscale improvements included in this offer:
    • The new duty rig guarantee of 1 hour of credit for every 2 hours of actual duty time will pay protect all pilots for delays
    • New credit hour override will pay 130% on all awarded flying done over 87 credit hours
    • Increase to 12% 401(k) match to all pilots over 20 years
    • Pilot Profit Sharing guarantee increases to $200 million/year (First Officers stay in the program)
    • All First Officer scales will increase equally, up to $5, if the company raises any new-hire pay
    • Discretionary 401(k), Financial, and Performance Rewards will remain in place
    The ONLY trades being requested for these gains are a 6-month extension to our current agreement and allowing SkyWest the option to offer hiring bonuses of up to $40,000.
    It is with quite a lot of enthusiasm that your SkyWest Airlines Pilots Association unanimously recommends this pay package for your consideration. We are in a new era of pilot valuation, with every airline scrambling for our services, and this agreement makes us the highest paid in the industry. It also gives SkyWest management the tools to only accept the very best candidates as part of our group. I would ask that everyone evaluate this offer on its own merit: top of industry scale and work rule increases to all pilots against a 6-month contract extension and a $40,000 hiring bonus.
    As I say every time, simply because it is so true, it is always an honor representing SkyWest’s nearly 4,800 pilots. This job is absolutely the most important/wonderful/difficult thing I have ever undertaken, and I appreciate the value you all bring to this industry and airline more with each passing year.
    Thank you, Russell Jacobie SAPA President

Term
    November 2018 Tentative Agreement
    • November 1, 2018 through December 31, 2022
    Scale Increases
    • Captains initial raise ranges from 3% to 16% effective Nov 1st 2018, 2-1.5% Jan 1st 2020, 1% Jan 1st 2021 and 2022
    • First Officers initial raise ranges from 16% to 33% effective Nov 1st 2018, 2- 1.5% Jan 1st 2020, 1% Jan 1st 2021 and 2022
    • First officer scales can be raised an additional $5/hour (will apply equally to all years)
    • All First Officers paid same scales (no 175/200/700/900 differences) Pilot Profit Sharing
    • Minimum net income guarantee increases to $200M each year
    Hiring Bonus
    • The company has the right to offer up to a $40,000 hiring bonus (creates a cap of $40k)
    Work Rule Improvements
    • Effective Jan 1st, 2019 all awarded flying done over 87 hours will pay 130% • Effective Nov 1st, 2018 a new Duty Time Guarantee will apply. All pilots will
    make at least one hour of pay for every two hours of Duty Time actually worked in a duty period
    401(k) Match Increase
    • Effective Jan 1st, 2019 the 401(k) match will increase to 12% for all pilots at or above 20 years seniority
    Package Summary
    Scale Raise FO 33-16% 0 % 2-1.5% 1% 1% Scale Raise CA 16-3% 0 % 2-1.5% 1% 1%
    PPS Guarantee $100M* $200M $200M $200M $200M *$100M PPS applies to second half of 2018 only

SP3008 Compensation
    3. 401(k) Retirement Plan
    A. For all pilots the following will apply:
    1) The Company will provide matching contributions, dollar-for- dollar, up to the following percentages based on completed years of service:
    a) 1-4 years of service = 4%
    b) 5-9 years of service = 6%
    c) 10-14 years of service = 8%
    d) 15-19 years of service = 10%
    e) 20+ years of service = 12%
    B. Pilots will be disaggregated from all other workgroups for purposes of the required annual ADP and ACP compliance testing.
    4. Determining Credit Hours
    A. The value of hours worked for pay purposes (credit hours) will be determined by the Company. Credit hours for a leg, a duty period, and a pairing are determined as follows:
    1) A leg’s credit hour value is the greater of:
    a) Historical block-to-block time (includes deadheads), or
    b) Actual block-to-block time.
    2) A duty period’s credit hour value is the greater of the:
    a) Sum of the leg credit hour values within the duty period, or
    b) Duty and premium pay guarantee, or
    c) Minimum daily guarantee, or
    d) One hour of pay for every two hours of actual duty.
    3) A pairing’s credit hour value is the greater of the:
    a) Sum of the duty periods’ credit hour values within the pairing, or
    b) Time away from base (TAFB) guarantee.
    B. A duty period, which is modified by adding an additional leg(s) and is originally scheduled to credit minimum daily guarantee (MDG), will credit the value of the additional leg(s) in addition to the MDG of the duty period.

Minimum Bid / Pay Guarantees
    A. B. C.
    D.
    No change No change No change
    Pilots will earn a 30% override on all bid awarded and flown pairings containing revenue flights from PBS/DMA Adjusted Bid Award in excess of 87 credit hours.
    1) Any changes initiated by the company do not affect this 30% override.
    2) Pick-ups, trades, and exchanges will be allowed, however, override
    credit is only applicable on credit flown up to the pilot’s original
    PBS/DMA Adjusted Bid Award.
    3) Only pairings containing revenue flights from the published PBS or DMA
    bid package will count towards the 87 credit hours.
    A. No change
    B. No change
    C. No change
    D. Guarantee – The total PPS distribution will be no less than:
    * Guarantee applies only to second half of 2018 (March 15th, 2019 payment) * Guarantee applies only to first half of 2022 (September 15th, 2022 payment)
    1) $9 million for the sum of the total PPS distributions covering net income for the second half of 2018.
    2) $18 million for the sum of the total PPS distributions covering net income in 2019 (reconciled annually).
    3) $18 million for the sum of the total PPS distributions covering net income in 2020 (reconciled annually).
    4) $18 million for the sum of the total PPS distributions covering net income in 2021 (reconciled annually).
    5) $18 million for the sum of the total PPS distributions covering net income in 2022 (reconciled annually).the first half of 2022. The semi-annual PPS distribution will continue at 9% of net income with no minimum value guarantee.
    Hiring Bonus
    25.26. PilotProfitSharing(PPS)Program
    A. SkyWest may offer a hiring bonus of no more than $40,000 to all new-hire pilots with the payment structure at the Company’s discretion.
    Pilot Profit Sharing Guaranteed Payment Schedule
    Guarantee Percentage Net Profit Minimum Distribution
    2017 $130M 9% $11.7M
    2018* $100M
    9% $9.0M
    2019 2020 2021 2022
    $18.0M $18.0M $18.0M
    $200M $200M $200M
    9% 9% 9% 9%
    $200M $18.0M

E. Payout calculation: An individual pilot’s profit share payout is determined as follows:
    1) Defined Values for Calculation:
    a) IndividualCredit–Thetotalnumberofcredithours earned during a payout period by and individual eligible pilot with a cap of 750 total hours.
    b) RankMultiplier–Captainsapplyamultipleof1.15and first officers apply a multiple of 0.85 to their Individual Credit. To apply the captain multiplier, an individual captain must be earning a captain rate prior to the beginning of the payout period.
    c) PilotWideCredit–Thesumoftheentirepilotgroup’s Individual Credit after applying the cap and Rank Multiplier.
    d) Distribution – The total PPS distribution amount.
    2) Individual Profit Share Payout Calculation:
    a) Tocalculateapilot’sindividualprofitsharepayout, multiply the Individual Credit by the Rank Multiplier, divided by the Pilot Wide Credit, and multiply by the Distribution:
    (Individual Credit * Rank Multiplier)
    Individual Payout= 3) Examples:
    #1: A captain credits 475 hours the second half of 2018 and the Pilot Wide Credit is 2,200,000. The Distribution is $9,000,000 (assuming 9% of $100,000,000 net profit in the payout period). Payout would be
    $ 2,234.66.
    * Distribution
    Pilot Wide Credit
    475 * 1.15 2,200,000
    * $9,000,000 = $2,234.66
    #2: An FO credits 475 hours the second half of 2019 and the Pilot Wide Credit is 2,200,000. The Distribution is $9,000,000 (assuming 9% of 100,000,000 net profit in the payout period). Payout would be $1651.70.
    475 * 0.85 2,200,000
    * $9,000,000 = $1,651.70
    #3: A captain works 850 hours during the second half of 2019 and during that time the Company’s net income is $140,000,000. The captain’s Individual Credit is 750 due to the cap. The Pilot Wide Credit is 2,200,000. The Distribution is $12,600,000 (9% of $140,000,000). Payout would be $4,939.77.
    750 * 1.15 2,200,000
    * $12,600,000 = $4,939.77

Level
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

this from a non union.
    what can a union do for envoy?

be careful envoy pilots, aag will support skywest financially and with qol schedule improvements at the detriment to envoy pilots.

Alpa, we are waiting to see what improvements you get us as skywest non union pilots got.
    Sir, can I have another.

Company
    Envoy
    Base
    ORD DFW
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    CRJ
    Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0

Ignore User

Wow! The world is about to change again! (For every other regional except WO's).

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/8
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Sounds spectacular. Let me ask you a question. Does Skywest have a flow?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Let me ask you a question, how much in poverty would you like to live in for a possible flow sometime in the future?

You think skywest pilots are not being hired at mainline including american?

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/8
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    Let me ask you a question, how much in poverty would you like to live in for a possible flow sometime in the future?

You think skywest pilots are not being hired at mainline including american?
    Let me ask you a question. How many Skywest or regional pilots from ANY other airline are being hired at American?

Skywest has NO flow and they have to apply to the majors with every other Tom, Dick and Harry out there. Envoy pilots do NOT have those kinds of odds stacked against them. The flow is there and should they decide not to use it, they can apply anywhere else and keep the flow in their back pocket. If unsuccessful, they just slide right over to AA to their guaranteed plum legacy job. Can't quite get why you guys cannot grasp that concept.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

This is what is wrong with the current pilots on property. I shared their TA that was offered so that maybe we could start pushing for better pay or work rules. All you guys do is argue back and forth about flow and if we’re AA pilots. The fact of the matter is right this moment we are in fact envoy pilots. Anything could happen. We must start fighting for the pay and qol we deserve. It’s the same argument we had back during the stopthewhipsaw campaign. Flow isn’t everything and we shouldn’t be giving up our credibility and value as professional aviators. To be honest I only have a couple months left here and I shouldn’t get frustrated by this but I can’t stand the fact that guys are willing to lower their worth just for thto flow. I am not talking to the potential new hires here’s i am taking to everyone that has a year or more left st envoy. I read some of these posts and I can’t help but think of PSA pilots, back in 13 or 14 or whenever that was, that we’re willing to do they flying cheaper just for airplanes. It’s the same feelin I have when I hear people talk about the 175. You make exactly the same amount as the dude flying the Barbie jet. Not one cent more. Start caring and fighting for your worth. God forbid those same people will be on the seniority list at apa and willing to give up pay and qol just to fly the 330 or 787. Even you dacuj, are worth more than what we’re getting now.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post

Skywest has NO flow and they have to apply to the majors with every other Tom, Dick and Harry out there. Envoy pilots do NOT have those kinds of odds stacked against them. The flow is there and should they decide not to use it, they can apply anywhere else and keep the flow in their back pocket. If unsuccessful, they just slide right over to AA to their guaranteed plum legacy job. Can't quite get why you guys cannot grasp that concept.
    You hit the nail on the head here. Apply elsewhere. Hit it hard and the flow is in the back pocket.
    I’d also add... apply to AA off the street. There is the same chance as dick and Harry or whatever name you used. This post is about their contract on what their company offered to the pilots. They didn’t even have to fight for it. It’s time we start evaluating our position. Flow is great! But that could be years down the road for some.

Level
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

what about those who aren't going to flow? They should just put up with sh!tty pay and QOL just because the company offers a flow?

This has nothing to do with a flow, it is about being compensated for what we do, and paid what we are worth RIGHT NOW.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by wiz5422 View Post
    what about those who aren't going to flow? They should just put up with sh!tty pay and QOL just because the company offers a flow?

This has nothing to do with a flow, it is about being compensated for what we do, and paid what we are worth RIGHT NOW.
    Exactly my point but I was more directing it at all current pilots

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Let me ask you a question. How many Skywest or regional pilots from ANY other airline are being hired at American?

^^^^^^ Readers Digest Version ^^^^^^

.......as I read it.

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today”. Envoy wants your “Hamburger” which is not only your acceptance of financial and QWL inferiority, but gleeful embracement of it. But, when Tuesday arrives, they can’t guarantee payment.

Other airlines lead, AA and Envoy follow.........well maybe sometimes.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 09-28-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 53/32
    Given: 42/4

Ignore User

My class at AA has 47 pilots. 30 are flows. 9 military. So the answer is 8 out of 47 are other airlines.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37

Ignore User

Thank you for posting the TA, this shows you how weak our Union and its members are. The flow is nothing more than a recruitment tool that is not working as good as it was a year ago. If you want to see how the flow will stop, don’t apply to other mayor airlines and let the PP’s leave next year. Guarantee you will feel the effects and you will regret you did not put or updated your applications with other airlines.
    Good luck! And God Bless!

Level
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37

Ignore User

SkyWest Airlines Launching American Eagle Flights from Cheyenne to Dallas-Fort Worth in November!
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Ord to boi, ord to yyc etc. More coming. They need to cover more flying to get paid more to cover the new pay and benefits to their pilots. Get ready envoy for more shi+ schedules coming your way.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0

Ignore User

That the industry continues to trend in the right direction is all fine and dandy, but the reality is that none of the wholly owned carriers are going to get any durable wage increases until AAG observes a noticible difficulty in recruitment and retention to the point of disrupting their wholly owned operation.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by copycopy View Post
    That the industry continues to trend in the right direction is all fine and dandy, but the reality is that none of the wholly owned carriers are going to get any durable wage increases until AAG observes a noticible difficulty in recruitment and retention to the point of disrupting their wholly owned operation.
    That’s what Kookoo said. Envoy pilots have a flow-thru so no need for pay, QWL and bennies. That’s what pilots come to Envoy for........the hope of a payoff next Tuesday.

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    ORD
    A/C Flown
    Jungle Jet
    Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/6
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

Envoy, as a wholly owned premier regional carrier, should not only have the flow as is continually touted, but also industry leading pay, QOL, and work rules for the regional industry segment.

Anything less is a disservice to ourselves, our families, and the next generation of pilots to be hired here.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Jdflyer View Post
    Envoy, as a wholly owned premier regional carrier, should not only have the flow as is continually touted, but also industry leading pay, QOL, and work rules for the regional industry segment.

Anything less is a disservice to ourselves, our families, and the next generation of pilots to be hired here.
    Premier regional carrier......by what metric ?

Product ? Quality of work environment ? Compensation ? Reputation ?

I agree you should, but I can’t connect the dots. Your Association has CHOSEN to trade aspects of your present like pay, QWL and bennies for a hoped for payoff in the future (IOU) in perhaps 6 years. The pilot group is obviously OK with that or they would demand otherwise.

Thread Information