Thread: More Luxury seats out the door...

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting AwardActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

More Luxury seats out the door...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Level
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

more like no one is buying the business class seat on international flight on American and going elsewhere, so in return they will remove business class seats and add premium economy. In other words they are reducing premium first or business class seats for the expansion of economy seats on the wide body, this kinda goes hand in hand with the sardine 737.
    Sir, can I have another.

Level
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/8
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Clickbait and his buddy Einstein. Wow, what a thread and great contribution.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    more like no one is buying the business class seat on international flight on American and going elsewhere, so in return they will remove business class seats and add premium economy. In other words they are reducing premium first or business class seats for the expansion of economy seats on the wide body, this kinda goes hand in hand with the sardine 737.
    At first glance, it's easy to see that, but IMO it's not the VERY expensive business class seats that are the real problem, it's the common coach seats (the experienced "product" by most) that is. A large majority of business fliers go fairly short notice and business class is way too expensive (and limited) for them under those circumstances. I think the problem is that AA 787 standard coach is simply too uncomfortable for long International and business fliers (who generate more revenue due to shorter notice ticket booking) are turning away from AA International coach in favor other carriers who give them a chance of being able to walk upon reaching their destination or if forced to make a choice of enduring AA 787 standard coach, can find cheaper seats on other International LCC's like Norwegian or WOW or something. I know my personal experience riding in the back of an AA 787 was poor, comfort wise. The seats were standard 737 as was the leg room, but I'm taller then average. No way Jose could I make it long haul in that situation. So in a nutshell, I think AA simply might be thinking they can recapture business travelers they've been losing recently.

Problem is at least IMO, once people experience what is being offered elsewhere for the same price, even with this move many will likely not come back. The seat change is probably a better bet to keep as many higher paying business travelers from defecting in the future, at least those that can score a decent premium seat. Just my .02...........
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 09-22-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    Still waiting for any shred of contribution from you. As usual, nothing but cowardly rocks thrown from behind cover and concealment.

Level
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    And one of the resident trolls chimes in with their ďcontributionĒ.
    GFY

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Ahhh the good old days. I wonder if one day, AA will offer ALL ECONOMY seats.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Their getting closer to the front, inch by inch.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    At first glance, it's easy to see that, but IMO it's not the VERY expensive business class seats that are the real problem, it's the common coach seats (the experienced "product" by most) that is. A large majority of business fliers go fairly short notice and business class is way too expensive (and limited) for them under those circumstances. I think the problem is that AA 787 standard coach is simply too uncomfortable for long International and business fliers (who generate more revenue due to shorter notice ticket booking) are turning away from AA International coach in favor other carriers who give them a chance of being able to walk upon reaching their destination or if forced to make a choice of enduring AA 787 standard coach, can find cheaper seats on other International LCC's like Norwegian or WOW or something. I know my personal experience riding in the back of an AA 787 was poor, comfort wise. The seats were standard 737 as was the leg room, but I'm taller then average. No way Jose could I make it long haul in that situation. So in a nutshell, I think AA is simply might be thinking they can recapture business travelers they've been losing recently.

Problem is at least IMO, once people experience what is being offered elsewhere for the same price, even with this move many will likely not come back. The seat change is probably a better bet to keep as many higher paying business travelers from defecting in the future, at least those that can score a decent premium seat. Just my .02...........

First time they fly a reputable foreign carrier, they’ll never fly a US carrier again unless it’s unavoidable. I know I won’t. The price difference is minimal, while the service and quality is stellar compared to our domestic brands.
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Totally agree. My favorites are Lufthansa and Swiss. Same price triple the service and comfort.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 33/1
    Given: 1/0

Ignore User

Regarding the coach seats in the 787, I absolutely agree!! I rode on one of our 787ís from DFW to LAX in coach. Eagerly anticipated the ride. Halfway there my a$$ was numb on the nearly padleas seat, and my knees on my 5í10Ē frame were nearly touching the seat in front of me. It was so bad.
    I resolved to NEVER fly in that airplane as a passenger anywhere long haul in coach. Iíll walk away from the gate if thatís what they offer.

Every other widebody AA had ever had since Iíve been here has had nicely padded coach seats with at least bearable leg room - DC-10, MD-11, A-300, 767, 777.

787? Horrible.
    Last edited by 450knotOffice; 09-22-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by 450knotOffice View Post
    Regarding the coach seats in the 787, I absolutely agree!! I rode on one of our 787ís from DFW to LAX in coach. Eagerly anticipated the ride. Halfway there my a$$ was numb on the nearly padleas seat, and my knees on my 5í10Ē frame were nearly touching the seat in front of me. It was so bad.
    I resolved to NEVER fly in that airplane as a passenger anywhere long haul in coach. Iíll walk away from the gate if thatís what they offer.

Every other widebody AA had ever had since Iíve been here has had nicely padded coach seats with at least bearable leg room - DC-10, MD-11, A-300, 767, 777.

787? Horrible.
    Not likely to stop there. Iíve heard soon all 737ís will be bumped up to 172 seats (2 more rows) like the 737Max already is. I would think theyíd modify the cabins the same by adding the smaller Lavís and eliminating the Business/Coach bulkhead replaced with a plastic flap that goes down about 2 feet, so a good part of AA Domestic will soon be full blown Spirit and no seat back video. I think soon, both crew and customer will be equally miserable.

Considering the direction AA is going, I canít imagine the environment in another couple of years.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/7
    Given: 1/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Not likely to stop there. Iíve heard soon all 737ís will be bumped up to 172 seats (2 more rows) like the 737Max already is. I would think theyíd modify the cabins the same by adding the smaller Lavís and eliminating the Business/Coach bulkhead replaced with a plastic flap that goes down about 2 feet, so a good part of AA Domestic will soon be full blown Spirit and no seat back video. I think soon, both crew and customer will be equally miserable.

Considering the direction AA is going, I canít imagine the environment in another couple of years.
    Take a look at intereuro flights if you want to see a ghost of Christmas yet to come. Ever see a BA, LH, or LX "business" class section?

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Yes, they are what aa has as main cabin.
    But, the whole airplane is main cabin.
    More room for legs and butt than aa has at the back of main cabin coach.

Thread Information