Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 195/28

Ignore User

Mesa Air Group IPO

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Looks like Mesa is going to give it another shot at going public. It has been eight years since they filed bankruptcy.
    The article states that American Airlines owns 19.8% of Mesa, they also have plans to buy other regionals.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/419...gional-airline

Level
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Investing in a Regional Airline on the precipice of a pilot shortage morphing into a pilot crisis ? Not very smart IMO. Add to that one who doesn’t have all that much to offer the limited number of pilots available ? Even more questionable.

Should be interesting to watch.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/1
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Sounds like the current investors are cashing out?

Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Ignore User

Sounds like JO wants to cash out

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 60/7
    Given: 7/6

Ignore User

Sound like a great idea for those that like to buy high and sell low.

Level
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/54
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Investing in a Regional Airline on the precipice of a pilot shortage morphing into a pilot crisis ? Not very smart IMO. Add to that one who doesn’t have all that much to offer the limited number of pilots available ? Even more questionable.

Should be interesting to watch.
    Oh boy. More words of wisdom from the biggest doomsday predictor on the planet. Pilot crisis now huh? Yeah right. More wordsmithing to advance your narrative of doom. There is NO pilot crisis at Envoy. Ask me how I know. Are you even aware that there is currently a POOL for new hires?

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0

Ignore User

Yea but does Mesa have a pool. That’s the question. Btw people don’t always update their pool status when they take other jobs before they get a call

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/54
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Robsquatch View Post
    Yea but does Mesa have a pool. That’s the question. Btw people don’t always update their pool status when they take other jobs before they get a call
    A pool at Mesa? LMFAO! You can't be serious dude. WTF wants to work for Mesa? Envoy has a pool for a reason. Best flow to a major out there along with growth both pilots and planes. Maybe 1 or 2 gets hired at another major out of the pool occasionally and they don't update but its rare. There's a reason we have a line around the block to get into Envoy.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsFan View Post
    Oh boy. More words of wisdom from the biggest doomsday predictor on the planet. Pilot crisis now huh? Yeah right. More wordsmithing to advance your narrative of doom. There is NO pilot crisis at Envoy. Ask me how I know. Are you even aware that there is currently a POOL for new hires?
    I want everyone to note this post simply for no other purpose but to see just how unhinged this individual is. Note the post he references has nothing to do with Envoy and nothing directed at him. But, his response drags a subject not relevant (Envoy) into what wasn't there solely to use as a springboard for offensive attack. Both delusion and paranoia are clearly evident. In his drooling state of rage, reality is indeed elusive.

For those who aren't afflicted with psychological dysfunction to this degree, it's easy to note my post described the present situation in regard to Regional pilots as "the precipice of a pilot shortage morphing into a crisis", but not one yet in full bloom. The present regional pilot SHORTAGE is real and even acknowledged by the industry itself. THAT is why some carriers including Envoy are forced to pay $100,000 for some new-hires. The forecast numbers make a crisis all but certain and ALL regional airlines will be impacted, with Envoy having no special insulation, most especially because they have a built-in attrition mechanism BEYOND that which most of the others have. IIRC though, that mechanism will soon slow by its very design aside from any potential outside forces, which is good for Envoy, but not so good for those wanting to flow to AA.

Now.............back to today's episode of Looney Tunes courtesy of our resident flip-flopper.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 08-14-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/7
    Given: 1/1

Ignore User

I want everyone to note this post simply for no other purpose but to see just how unhinged this individual is. Note the post he references has nothing to do with Envoy and nothing directed at him. But, his response drags a subject not relevant (Envoy) into what wasn't there solely to use as a springboard for offensive attack. Both delusion and paranoia are clearly evident. In his drooling state of rage, reality is indeed elusive.

For those who aren't afflicted with psychological dysfunction to this degree, it's easy to note my post described the present situation in regard to Regional pilots as "the precipice of a pilot shortage morphing into a crisis", but not one yet in full bloom. The present regional pilot SHORTAGE is real and even acknowledged by the industry itself. THAT is why some carriers including Envoy are forced to pay $100,000 for some new-hires. The forecast numbers make a crisis all but certain and ALL regional airlines will be impacted, with Envoy having no special insulation, most especially because they have a built-in attrition mechanism BEYOND that which most of the others have. IIRC though, that mechanism will soon slow by its very design aside from any potential outside forces, which is good for Envoy, but not so good for those wanting to flow to AA.

Now.............back to today's episode of Looney Tunes courtesy of our resident flip-flopper.
    duty_calls.png

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by snippercr View Post
    LOL !

But, it would have more meaning if you would better clarify which one of us is the target. Referencing my post, one could assume it’s directed at me or one could also assume it’s validating my point.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 08-14-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/7
    Given: 1/1

Ignore User

LOL !

But, it would have more meaning if you would better clarify which one of us is the target. Referencing my post, one could assume it’s directed at me or one could also assume it’s validating my point.
    Like a good wine, I am a mystery with layers of intrigue and complexities

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by snippercr View Post
    Like a good wine, I am a mystery with layers of intrigue and complexities
    Even a good wine though sometimes reveals itself without tasting. I got my answer.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsFan View Post
    A pool at Mesa? LMFAO! You can't be serious dude. WTF wants to work for Mesa? Envoy has a pool for a reason. Best flow to a major out there along with growth both pilots and planes. Maybe 1 or 2 gets hired at another major out of the pool occasionally and they don't update but its rare. There's a reason we have a line around the block to get into Envoy.
    If we have a line around the block to get into Envoy, why we all keep getting “denied due to staffing levels” every time we request a day off?
    🤔

Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    If we have a line around the block to get into Envoy, why we all keep getting “denied due to staffing levels” every time we request a day off?
    🤔
    Plus looks like more school house displacments coming down.

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

My question is, why another displacement from training dept?
    I truly dont get it, unless it's to get rid of people, but he then again why.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    My question is, why another displacement from training dept?
    I truly dont get it, unless it's to get rid of people, but he then again why.
    Specific fleet or across the board could be clues. I’ve previously asked the latest hiring/attrition stats, but no luck. The pipeline program can only turn out so many pilots at a limited rate by its nature and will produce a fraction of the needed pilots, but another clue is how is the poaching component looking ? I expect that to dry up the quickest and then you’re left with a smattering of gap-toothed mouth breathers with marginal aptitude to fill the void and that won’t feed the bulldog.

Level
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

then you’re left with a smattering of gap-toothed mouth breathers with marginal aptitude to fill the void and that won’t feed the bulldog.
    Wait...Mongo is coming back from AA?!

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    Wait...Mongo is coming back from AA?!
    Actually, under certain circumstances, I think very junior AA pilots might find themselves in some very interesting situations in the near future. A number of scenarios could result in AA fleet changes that replace a fairly large segment of Group II flying with Group I flying resulting in essentially the same thing. Also, who is to say with certainty if........er when the regional pilot situation collapses to the point radical changes might be embraced resulting in some or all of the wholly-owned’s being folded into AA and even E-175’s are operated by mainline. The latter is far less likely, but still within the realm of possibility. We know Dacuj would be in perpetual orgasmic rapture if he was displaced to the “crown jewel” (or an updated stretched version thereof), but how attractive is flow to others not so intoxicated with E-jets should it be to not only Group I scale (and FAR limit scheduling, IIRC) but for an extended period of time at that due to increasing fleet and resulting stagnation ?

The Hot Hand Fallacy is in full swing right now and many are under intoxicated assumption the present environment in the industry and especially at AA and Envoy will continue like this in perpetuity. Siwwy piwots.............they nehwar wearn.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 08-16-2018 at 06:45 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Actually, under certain circumstances, I think very junior AA pilots might find themselves in some very interesting situations in the near future. A number of scenarios could result in AA fleet changes that replace a fairly large segment of Group II flying with Group I flying resulting in essentially the same thing. Also, who is to say with certainty if........er when the regional pilot situation collapses to the point radical changes might be embraced resulting in some or all of the wholly-owned’s being folded into AA and even E-175’s are operated by mainline. The latter is far less likely, but still within the realm of possibility. We know Dacuj would be in perpetual orgasmic rapture if he was displaced to the “crown jewel” (or an updated stretched version thereof), but how attractive is flow to others not so intoxicated with E-jets should it be to not only Group I scale (and FAR limit scheduling, IIRC) but for an extended period of time at that due to increasing fleet and resulting stagnation ?

The Hot Hand Fallacy is in full swing right now and many are under intoxicated assumption the present environment in the industry and especially at AA and Envoy will continue like this in perpetuity. Siwwy piwots.............they nehwar wearn.
    I'd rather be furloughed from AA or stuck on group I pay (While moving up in pay longevity), than stuck at this place.

Thread Information