Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: American Airlines plans to cut some management jobs

  1. #1
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,436
    Level
    100
    Points: 53,163, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 136/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    American Airlines plans to cut some management jobs


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,478
    Level
    78
    Points: 14,497, Level: 78
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 53/32
    Given: 42/4

    Ignore User

  3. #3
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,436
    Level
    100
    Points: 53,163, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 136/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    American Airlines has fewer mainline aircraft and operates fewer mainline flights than it did at the time of the merger.

    The one thing that's clear is that American Airlines' profitability isn't at an acceptable level right now. The company's leaders will need to make some tough decisions to fix that situation.

    Executives have been saying for years that some positions would become redundant once the integration process was completed, and they're finally taking action to eliminate those roles.

    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ameri...?.tsrc=applewf

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Cujo665's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Posts
    1,778
    Level
    98
    Points: 27,561, Level: 98
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 369/50
    Given: 75/9

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    American Airlines has fewer mainline aircraft and operates fewer mainline flights than it did at the time of the merger.

    The one thing that's clear is that American Airlines' profitability isn't at an acceptable level right now. The company's leaders will need to make some tough decisions to fix that situation.

    Executives have been saying for years that some positions would become redundant once the integration process was completed, and they're finally taking action to eliminate those roles.

    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ameri...?.tsrc=applewf

    Redundant, like three separate WO regional administrations.....

    couldnt think of a a better time to close the PSA brand (merge)
    __________________________________________________ __

  5. #5
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,436
    Level
    100
    Points: 53,163, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 136/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Redundant, like three separate WO regional administrations.....

    couldnt think of a a better time to close the PSA brand (merge)
    One less CEO, lotís of qualified CAís and a better computer (IT) system.

  6. #6
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,353
    Level
    96
    Points: 25,439, Level: 96
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 569/34
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    news.alphastreet.com/american-airlines-stock-hits-new-yearly

    Not to favorable for AA from investors

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,840
    Level
    60
    Points: 8,025, Level: 60
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/16
    Given: 66/136

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Eliminating thousands of jobs that are superfluous is a good thing for AAG’s books. The post bankruptcy window for this inevitability was known and the merged carrier has been way over staffed in non front line labor, so this should be of no surprise. AA’s (and the Eagle system) concerns go far further then excess mid-level management numbers though.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Cujo665's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Posts
    1,778
    Level
    98
    Points: 27,561, Level: 98
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 369/50
    Given: 75/9

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Eliminating thousands of jobs that are superfluous is a good thing for AAG’s books. The post bankruptcy window for this inevitability was known and the merged carrier has been way over staffed in non front line labor, so this should be of no surprise. AA’s (and the Eagle system) concerns go far further then excess mid-level management numbers though.
    Theyll be streamlining their bases now also....
    __________________________________________________ __

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    313
    Level
    50
    Points: 6,096, Level: 50
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    PIT is rumored to be 1st on the list.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •