Overall activity: 20.0%
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Follow up after new hire processing

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hi all,

I was recently offered an internship for recent college grads at a regional airline at their headquarters for a safety internship. I went in for drug testing, background information paperwork, and fingerprinting in mid-late May. The process was quick and they told me they would contact me in a couple weeks , if I remember correctly, regarding further information on getting setup in the company system, and I had already had a previously tentative first-day scheduled for late June due to my availability.

Its been a little over two weeks since my day of processing and am getting nervous if there are any issues. I do have a small misdemeanor on my record from a few years ago in college (Possession of alcohol as minor) which I'm getting expunged here in about a month. I disclosed that info on my paperwork, but I'm just getting nervous if that is causing an issue.

Is there a typical timeframe that they would let you know if you did/did not pass their background check for the job? Perhaps I'm just getting too anxious since they're hiring a lot of actual pilots and I'm probably at the bottom of their priority list. Is there an appropriate timeframe to send a brief follow up email for any additional information to my recruiting contact that she has, or just better to keep waiting?

Thanks for any comments.

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 53/32
    Given: 42/4

Ignore User

Call the airline you applied at.

Newbie Member
    Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

I called and they said they were about to contact me for setting up my paycheck account, so I assume all must be good?

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 53/32
    Given: 42/4

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pattymac View Post
    I called and they said they were about to contact me for setting up my paycheck account, so I assume all must be good?
    I don't know. You should ask them that. Not trying to be rude but you're asking us questions that we don't know the answer to. You should be asking them to the company you're asking about. Regardless, good luck!

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    ORD
    A/C Flown
    Jungle Jet
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/6
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

Hey Pattymac. Congratulations on the tentative offer. Welcome to the industry. Just FYI we are a bunch of hurry up, and wait. Things will move very quickly for a bit and then slow down and stop before they pick up again.

Most airlines, even regionals will let you know with a letter if some part of your hiring process had a hiccup that prevents you from coming on board.

Welcome to the party

Thread Information