Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The ALPA-Vinci Code

  1. #1
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,434
    Level
    100
    Points: 53,024, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting AwardActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 136/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    The ALPA-Vinci Code


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    While ENVOY-ALPA succeed in recreating dreams, pilots pay ALPA National big profits. Just ask your MEC, how much we pay, and how much they spend on us.

    The business of selling hope is an eternal enterprise.
    (Leave the union, and the company will terminate you.)
    Working together? All the time.

    Quite often, itís not the grievance filed but the union rep smile that prolongs your company time.

    Envoy pilots donít want higher wages, they donít even want better quality of life, none of that matters.
    All they want is HOPE.

    All they want to know that it's going to be ok.

    ďAll they want is hope.Ē

    And thatís exactly what ALPA is here to do...

    A scamster -- a fraud and fiend...your union.

    Get involved...and you will see.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 04-23-2018 at 10:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,477
    Level
    78
    Points: 14,487, Level: 78
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 53/32
    Given: 42/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    While ENVOY-ALPA succeed in recreating dreams, pilots pay ALPA National big profits. Just ask your MEC, how much we pay, and how much they spend on us.

    The business of selling hope is an eternal enterprise.
    (Leave the union, and the company will terminate you.)
    Working together? All the time.

    Quite often, itís not the grievance filed but the union rep smile that prolongs your company time.

    Envoy pilots donít want higher wages, they donít even want better quality of life, none of that matters.
    All they want is HOPE.

    All they want to know that it's going to be ok.

    ďAll they want is hope.Ē

    And thatís exactly what ALPA is here to do...

    A scamster -- a fraud and fiend...your union.

    Get involved...and you will see.
    Ok?

  3. #3
    Registered User Death Dealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62
    Level
    40
    Points: 3,972, Level: 40
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 13/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    While ENVOY-ALPA succeed in recreating dreams, pilots pay ALPA National big profits. Just ask your MEC, how much we pay, and how much they spend on us.

    The business of selling hope is an eternal enterprise.
    (Leave the union, and the company will terminate you.)
    Working together? All the time.

    Quite often, it’s not the grievance filed but the union rep smile that prolongs your company time.

    Envoy pilots don’t want higher wages, they don’t even want better quality of life, none of that matters.
    All they want is HOPE.

    All they want to know that it's going to be ok.

    “All they want is hope.”

    And that’s exactly what ALPA is here to do...

    A scamster -- a fraud and fiend...your union.

    Get involved...and you will see.
    AEPA? RAPA? Didn't all of you flow or retire?

    http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Ame...n-805-772-2992

    https://www.corporationwiki.com/Texa.../39245214.aspx

    https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...014-12-23.html

    https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/l0...ational-et-al/

    https://www.casemine.com/judgement/u...d7b04934994129

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,827
    Level
    60
    Points: 7,991, Level: 60
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 208/16
    Given: 66/136

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Most of managements work at maintaining dominance over pilots is done by the "Associations" themselves. Both ALPA and APA are not true unions and act and function very differently in many ways. The worst reality that must be confronted is that Associations are enabled by the very victims themselves, that being the apathy of a pilot group as they are the Association. Most don't defend their contracts, most don't vote and most are concerned..........well, mostly with themselves. Most of those who "serve" really are serving themselves most of all. I have no doubt the most important thing those on the MEC nearing flow are concerned with is hoping nothing derails THEIR move across the alley and given all that, is it really that surprising that most pilot groups in general have little to show for being in supposed "unions" and most especially THIS pilot group ?

    It's why I say the future will mimic the past, because the present is no different then the past. ALPA itself is a business that compensates its top officers well over half a million/year and has a dubious history if you look at how they attempted to stiff their own unionized employees or threw the TWA pilots under the bus for self-interest. There is one major difference now though and that is a new component that unlike previous components that could always be controlled by management (frequently with Association assistance to their own detriment) and that is lack of pilots. Entities like Envoy will eventually cease to exist or at best be a former shadow of themselves and ironically it will be not at the hand of impotent, essentially powerless Associations, but by managements own hand. Things in life that last (at least longer then normal) do so because of balance and harmony. Extreme dominance, control and abuse by one entity over another always results in destabilization and that inevitably results in decay and destruction, to wit, management has chased away people from wanting to become pilots and one could aptly argue Envoy management has chased away people wanting to become AA pilots. Airline Executives have simply followed their own flawed instincts and the result now is entirely predictable and expected and they have long passed the point of safely correcting their own error and now are now themselves simply becoming powerless witnesses to their own destiny. To correct errors, one must first acknowledge they exist and even that basic milestone has yet to occur. As it stands now, that previous flaw by pilots of simply looking out for themselves has now become the only (and best) thing pilots can do and that is also ironic. If you think others will look out for you by forging security in this business, you will be terribly mistaken IMO. That's also why I say the flow is simply an unsustainable gimmick as time goes on as no company will flow itself out of existence. The writing is on the wall, but the timing is still fluid.

    IMO, EVERY pilot should do themselves the biggest favor they can and that's to confront their respective situation and decide what chances and risks they are willing to accept. Be your own advocate and assume and take no promises as anything more then lip service. Also, use past history to judge the honesty of others to better weigh the value of that which is promised. In fact, while you're at it, also weigh the ethics and honesty of PRESENT conduct to add to the value of what you hope for or expect as something truly attainable.

    Caveat Emptor.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 04-24-2018 at 09:42 AM.

  5. #5
    Registered User DolphinsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    161
    Level
    27
    Points: 2,125, Level: 27
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/53
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Most of managements work at maintaining dominance over pilots is done by the "Associations" themselves. Both ALPA and APA are not true unions and act and function very differently in many ways. The worst reality that must be confronted is that Associations are enabled by the very victims themselves, that being the apathy of a pilot group as they are the Association. Most don't defend their contracts, most don't vote and most are concerned..........well, mostly with themselves. Most of those who "serve" really are serving themselves most of all. I have no doubt the most important thing those on the MEC nearing flow are concerned with is hoping nothing derails THEIR move across the alley and given all that, is it really that surprising that most pilot groups in general have little to show for being in supposed "unions" and most especially THIS pilot group ?

    It's why I say the future will mimic the past, because the present is no different then the past. ALPA itself is a business that compensates its top officers well over half a million/year and has a dubious history if you look at how they attempted to stiff their own unionized employees or threw the TWA pilots under the bus for self-interest. There is one major difference now though and that is a new component that unlike previous components that could always be controlled by management (frequently with Association assistance to their own detriment) and that is lack of pilots. Entities like Envoy will eventually cease to exist or at best be a former shadow of themselves and ironically it will be not at the hand of impotent, essentially powerless Associations, but by managements own hand. Things in life that last (at least longer then normal) do so because of balance and harmony. Extreme dominance, control and abuse by one entity over another always results in destabilization and that inevitably results in decay and destruction, to wit, management has chased away people from wanting to become pilots and one could aptly argue Envoy management has chased away people wanting to become AA pilots. Airline Executives have simply followed their own flawed instincts and the result now is entirely predictable and expected and they have long passed the point of safely correcting their own error and now are now themselves simply becoming powerless witnesses to their own destiny. To correct errors, one must first acknowledge they exist and even that basic milestone has yet to occur. As it stands now, that previous flaw by pilots of simply looking out for themselves has now become the only (and best) thing pilots can do and that is also ironic. If you think others will look out for you by forging security in this business, you will be terribly mistaken IMO. That's also why I say the flow is simply an unsustainable gimmick as time goes on as no company will flow itself out of existence. The writing is on the wall, but the timing is still fluid.

    IMO, EVERY pilot should do themselves the biggest favor they can and that's to confront their respective situation and decide what chances and risks they are willing to accept. Be your own advocate and assume and take no promises as anything more then lip service. Also, use past history to judge the honesty of others to better weigh the value of that which is promised. In fact, while you're at it, also weigh the ethics and honesty of PRESENT conduct to add to the value of what you hope for or expect as something truly attainable.

    Caveat Emptor.
    ^^^^ Exceprt from "The Rantings of a Maniac"

  6. #6
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,352
    Level
    96
    Points: 25,424, Level: 96
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 569/34
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You should understand maniacs, being you associate with many and were number 2 but now have moved to number 1 position of maniacs with twisted view.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,827
    Level
    60
    Points: 7,991, Level: 60
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 208/16
    Given: 66/136

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsFan View Post
    ^^^^ Exceprt from "The Rantings of a Maniac"
    ^^^^ Rebuttal from Envoy’s author of the autobiography Bankrupt of Substance. It cannot be marketed because with only a cover and title, there’s nothing to read.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,827
    Level
    60
    Points: 7,991, Level: 60
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 208/16
    Given: 66/136

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    You should understand maniacs, being you associate with many and were number 2 but now have moved to number 1 position of maniacs with twisted view.
    Perhaps there is no “number 2” ? Just because the first identity fled in cowardice doesn’t mean the alter-ego is not useful.

  9. #9
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,434
    Level
    100
    Points: 53,024, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting AwardActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 136/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Hope:

    ďThese interests include enhancing your compensation and quality of life here at Envoy, accelerating your flow-through to American...Ē

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •