Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st indication the flow will stop!

Level
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 133/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

1st indication the flow will stop!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    As soon as Vacations start been cancelled, Stand by for news.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 04-21-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent PosterActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 562/34
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

True, you cancel vacations there better be no flow

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 204/12
    Given: 58/117

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    True, you cancel vacations there better be no flow
    I would think IF vacations are cancelled they would not slow the flow which would be the point of having to cancel vacations. Contractually, it’s easy to cancel vacations as it’s clearly defined and allowed, but the flow is more of a headache to alter, even though possible.

Level
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/47

Ignore User

Once again you guys are pissing all over yourselves in high hopes that Envoy is going to fail. I still don't get why you want your own company that is sending you directly to AA without passing Go or collecting $200 to F$!%=&G FAIL!

STOP listening to Dear Leader and realize that this is a different company now from 5 years ago. If anything, things have only gotten better here. We went from being ridiculed to advertising 2.5/6 to it ACTUALLY being Immediate upgrade/6.

GTFO yourselves and stop buying a snake oil salesman's B f-ing S.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsFan View Post
    Once again you guys are pissing all over yourselves in high hopes that Envoy is going to fail. I still don't get why you want your own company that is sending you directly to AA without passing Go or collecting $200 to F$!%=&G FAIL!

STOP listening to Dear Leader and realize that this is a different company now from 5 years ago. If anything, things have only gotten better here. We went from being ridiculed to advertising 2.5/6 to it ACTUALLY being Immediate upgrade/6.

Once again you are spraying sewage all over yourself ignoring the obvious. No one including myself is claiming Envoy’s “failure”, but the obstacles and risks are obvious and provable. Actually, Envoy is the same company it always was, at least in philosophy and M.O. Envoy pilots are big boy’s though and can decide for themselves what reality is without my opinions and that spray’s you off, yes ?

BTW, I hear your alter-ego is heading to the tropics so will you be having a drink or ten with yourself soon ?

Company
    envoy
    Job
    First Officer soon to be Captain
    A/C Flown
    E175!
    Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Once again you are spraying sewage all over yourself ignoring the obvious. No one including myself is claiming Envoy’s “failure”, but the obstacles and risks are obvious and provable. Actually, Envoy is the same company it always was, at least in philosophy and M.O. Envoy pilots are big boy’s though and can decide for themselves what reality is without my opinions and that spray’s you off, yes ?

BTW, I hear your alter-ego is heading to the tropics so will you be having a drink or ten with yourself soon ?
    Dacuj? Heard he got 737 Miami.

Level
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0

Ignore User

Yeah, I've got a question. Why do you douchebag recruiters continue to LIE? The flow is NOT 6 years. For anybody. EVER. Right now the flow is at its lowest point since inception. A little over 11 years and change.

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/47

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by PREVEMB View Post
    Yeah, I've got a question. Why do you douchebag recruiters continue to LIE? The flow is NOT 6 years. For anybody. EVER. Right now the flow is at its lowest point since inception. A little over 11 years and change.
    Quite obvious that there is another dumb ass in the house that can't do simple math. The flow is calculated for someone hired TODAY. Not someone that's been on property for 10 years. A 10 year guy will quite obviously have a longer flow because of the lost decade and no AA hiring. Is that plain enough for you?

Level
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

You speak as if “projected flow time” is fact. What you don’t seem to comprehend is that several variables are always going to be in play. The projection does not take into account for the music suddenly stopping. That could happen at any given moment for many reasons.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Fish are to be cleaned, head cut off and fried.

Company
    Envoy
    Base
    ORD DFW
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    CRJ
    Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 1/0

Ignore User

Quite obvious that there is another dumb ass in the house that can't do simple math. The flow is calculated for someone hired TODAY. Not someone that's been on property for 10 years. A 10 year guy will quite obviously have a longer flow because of the lost decade and no AA hiring. Is that plain enough for you?
    #thisisallicanimaginewhentunabreathopenshissuckhol eandcallspeoplenames...Screenshot_2018-04-05-16-29-32-1.jpg

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0

Ignore User

You say simple math....so show us your math?

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

His math is with blocks

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    You speak as if “projected flow time” is fact. What you don’t seem to comprehend is that several variables are always going to be in play. The projection does not take into account for the music suddenly stopping. That could happen at any given moment for many reasons.
    The whole foundation of a fish oil salesman’s success is not questioning its foul smelling, oily math or dripping wet promises.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/2
    Given: 1/1

Ignore User

So I have found a killer...KILLER "Mrs. Fields" chocolate cookie recipe clone. I have wanted to find one that works and after several trials, I believe this is the ONE. The key is working with cold butter, chilling the dough balls before cooking, cooking at a low 300 degrees for longer, letting cool COMPLETELY before eating. Guys, this is the real deal. If you have a stand mixer, I highly recommend that over hand mixer.

• 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
    • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
    • 1 cup (2 sticks) cold salted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (cut each stick into about 16 pieces; if using unsalted butter increase the salt listed below from 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon)
    • 2 large eggs
    • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl and electric mixer) add the sugars and beat on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
    2. Add the butter and mix on medium-high speed to form a grainy paste, about 4 to 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
    3. Add the eggs, vanilla, and beat on medium-low speed until just incorporated, about 1 minute. You don’t want the sugar granules to start dissolving so don’t overmix.
    4. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips, and beat on low speed until just incorporated, about 1 minute, don’t overmix.
    5. Using a large cookie scoop, 1/4-cup measure, or your hands, form approximately 19 equal-sized mounds of dough. Flatten each mound very slightly. Tip – Strategically place a few chocolate chips on top of each mound of dough by taking chips from the underside and adding them on top. Place mounds on a large plate, cover with plasticwrap, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Do not bake with unchilled dough because cookies will bake thinner, flatter, and be more prone to spreading.
    6. Preheat oven to 300F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet).
    7. Bake for about 15 to 16 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don’t overbake. Rotate the baking sheet midway through baking as insurance that cookies bake evenly as not all ovens cook evenly. Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don’t use a rack.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by snippercr View Post
    So I have found a killer...KILLER "Mrs. Fields" chocolate cookie recipe clone. I have wanted to find one that works and after several trials, I believe this is the ONE. The key is working with cold butter, chilling the dough balls before cooking, cooking at a low 300 degrees for longer, letting cool COMPLETELY before eating. Guys, this is the real deal. If you have a stand mixer, I highly recommend that over hand mixer.

• 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
    • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
    • 1 cup (2 sticks) cold salted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (cut each stick into about 16 pieces; if using unsalted butter increase the salt listed below from 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon)
    • 2 large eggs
    • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl and electric mixer) add the sugars and beat on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
    2. Add the butter and mix on medium-high speed to form a grainy paste, about 4 to 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
    3. Add the eggs, vanilla, and beat on medium-low speed until just incorporated, about 1 minute. You don’t want the sugar granules to start dissolving so don’t overmix.
    4. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips, and beat on low speed until just incorporated, about 1 minute, don’t overmix.
    5. Using a large cookie scoop, 1/4-cup measure, or your hands, form approximately 19 equal-sized mounds of dough. Flatten each mound very slightly. Tip – Strategically place a few chocolate chips on top of each mound of dough by taking chips from the underside and adding them on top. Place mounds on a large plate, cover with plasticwrap, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Do not bake with unchilled dough because cookies will bake thinner, flatter, and be more prone to spreading.
    6. Preheat oven to 300F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet).
    7. Bake for about 15 to 16 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don’t overbake. Rotate the baking sheet midway through baking as insurance that cookies bake evenly as not all ovens cook evenly. Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don’t use a rack.

Excellent info, Snip. Envoy pilots need something they can count on these days and great cookies are a welcome start. Perhaps that could be a new marketing tool to attract street Captains ?

Everything else seems to be withering, so maybe cookies are it ?

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 33/3
    Given: 10/60

Ignore User

Just in time for those summer BBQs. Jalapeño Potato Salad:

10 lbs potatoes
    32oz sour cream
    1-1.5 16 oz jars of pickled jalapeños, diced
    1 sweet onion, diced
    6 boiled eggs, chopped
    1 stick of butter
    1/4 cup mustard
    salt and pepper to taste

1. Peel and boil potatoes
    2. With a mixer, begin to mash potatoes while adding butter
    3. Once butter is melted, blend in sour cream then add remaining ingredients
    4. Refrigerate until cold

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/2
    Given: 1/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
    Just in time for those summer BBQs. Jalapeño Potato Salad:

10 lbs potatoes
    32oz sour cream
    1-1.5 16 oz jars of pickled jalapeños, diced
    1 sweet onion, diced
    6 boiled eggs, chopped
    1 stick of butter
    1/4 cup mustard
    salt and pepper to taste

1. Peel and boil potatoes
    2. With a mixer, begin to mash potatoes while adding butter
    3. Once butter is melted, blend in sour cream then add remaining ingredients
    4. Refrigerate until cold
    That's a summer cookout side right there, sir. What type of potatoes you recommend? Normal Russet? I've used yukon gold in mashed potatoes before and really enjoy them. Even a 50/50 mix if I want to be economical.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Yukon Golds are great in tater salad. Their naturally buttery flavor requires less butter in any recipe you use them in.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

If this doesn’t stop your “Flow”, it might at least block you up for a bit.
    Here’s a recipe from our resident Poker Night Chef for Bacon Wrapped Mash Potato Stuffed Meatloaf.
    1lb ground beef
    1lb ground Italian sweet sausage
    1 cup (150 g) onion, diced, sauteed
    3 cloves garlic cloves, minced, sauteed
    1 ½ cups (165 g) grated parmesan cheese, divided
    2 eggs
    1 cup (50 g) panko breadcrumbs
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 ½ teaspoons pepper
    2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
    ½ cup (120 mL) milk
    ½ cup (15 g) fresh parsley, finely chopped

GLAZE
    1 ½ cups (360 mL) ketchup
    ½ cup (110 g) brown sugar
    2 teaspoons mustard powder
    2 teaspoons onion powder
    2 teaspoons paprika
    ¼ cup (55 g) tomato paste

MASHED POTATOES
    1 lb (455 g) yukon gold potato, peeled, chopped, cooked
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon pepper
    1 cup (240 mL) milk
    28 slices bacon, slices
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
    In a large bowl, mix together beef,sausage, cooked onions and garlic, Parmesan, eggs, panko, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, milk and parsley. Set aside.
    In another bowl, make the glaze by mixing ketchup, brown sugar, mustard powder, onion powder, paprika, and tomato paste. Reserve half of the glaze in a separate bowl for after the meatloaf is cooked. Set aside.
    In a large bowl, mash cooked potatoes, butter, salt, pepper, milk and parmesan to desired consistency. Set aside.
    Line a bundt pan with slices of bacon and use a pastry brush to spread a layer of glaze on the inside of the bacon.
    Add ⅔ of the meat to the bottom of the bundt pan and spread up the sides and up the middle of the pan making a “bowl” for the mashed potatoes.
    Add the mashed potatoes into the “bowl” and smooth out. Top the mashed potatoes with the remaining meat, smooth out, coat the top with the raw meat glaze, and fold the slices of bacon over the top of the meat. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, remove the foil after 30 minutes and carefully drain some of the fat before putting it back into the oven for another 30 minutes.
    Place a cooling rack on top of the bundt pan and flip over onto a baking sheet. Remove the bundt pan and coat the meatloaf with the reserved glaze.
    Broil on high for 3-5 minutes or until the glaze has caramelized.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Sirsnacksalot; 04-22-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Thread Information