Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now Advertising for Direct Entry Captains?

Job
    Rented mule
    Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 13/4

Ignore User

Now Advertising for Direct Entry Captains?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Warlord of the crewroom.

Registered User No Tuna In Cockpit's Avatar
    Job
    Switch Flipper
    Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 23/2
    Given: 24/27

Ignore User

Year 5 at AA?
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Job
    Rented mule
    Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 13/4

Ignore User

Looks like Piedmont and PoSA are showing 5 and 6 years to flow, respectively (per their websites). Can somebody explain to me how, with our current contract, they can sit there and tell a new hire they will be at AA in 5 years?
    Warlord of the crewroom.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 134/37
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

“Houston we have a problem”

Company
    o boy
    Job
    Buttonpusherknobtwisterlevermover
    Level
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/0
    Given: 71/5

Ignore User

So a new hire will make over 110K first year? I have been year 5+ years and have never made anywhere close to 6 figures. Does the company really need to conduct a "survey" to understand how that makes us feel? ha

Level
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 205/13
    Given: 66/129

Ignore User

Desperate times call for desperate measures............and make no mistake, they ARE desperate. As the pool of new-hire regional pilots continues to evaporate, the engine bogs down in new ways just as predicted forcing another healthy dose of perfume to be applied to what is now unmistakably quite an odoriferous turd in the hope more will want to taste it.

Forget the fact you take a $35,000 pay cut in year 2 (if you even stay captain and don’t go back to junior F/O) and never make it back or the fantasy of being at AA in year 5 when Envoy (with what is it Dacuj.............something like 3,000 - 3,500 pilots ?) will only be flowing IIRC 15 pilots/month, but remember you’ll be getting your mail in an LGA crash pad until the swallows fly back to Capistrano in 2021 risking both sanity and marriage. Folks, what you are seeing is yet another red light that trouble is approaching and either MAJOR changes occur in how AAG does business with both AA pilots and their philosophy toward their regional system or this house of cards is all but destined to collapse leaving hundreds, if not thousands of Charlie’s with what they think are golden tickets in jeopardy of becoming empty-handed. I think with pilots being pilots they'll no doubt sucker a few more chumps in with this latest Hucksterian call but it will be too little too late.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel is here and soon there will be nothing (and no one) to scrape and then what ? They have waited too long as it is to truly solve this problem IMO and are now screwed and even with that being painfully obvious, they are STILL trying to kick the can.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 03-13-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0

Ignore User

They have applicants- but they won’t allow a majority in new hire classes other than the RTP guys and we know how well they are doing lol- especially at landing.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by EagleFlight2369 View Post
    They have applicants- but they won’t allow a majority in new hire classes other than the RTP guys and we know how well they are doing lol- especially at landing.
    I do wonder about safety. Not just at Envoy, but all regionals who have no alternative through no fault but their own but to now accept the lowest legally qualified people simply to produce a flight, even if they give them huge amounts of extra training. It used to be that a pilot would have considerable experience before getting to the flight deck of a Part 121 Commercial jet airliner, let alone the captain’s seat, but now and even more so in the future, relative neophytes will be together to run their show and I can’t help but brace myself for the inevitable.

What will the media say when an an accident occurs when a large airliner (50 seats or greater) with a 2500 hour captain and a 1200 hour F/O both new to their jobs even if that wasn’t a major factor ? Even if they change the future rules to lower F/O time back to 250 hours (which will look even worse and which they are hoping to do to help solve their conundrum), that won’t stand after that first accident/issue and then the regional industry rolls over into a death spiral even faster and those legacies most dependent on them like AA, just as fast. It takes many years to set up Ab Initio like Europe and years more to get a steady supply of pilots going and in the interim, they’re toast.

What will the traveling public say ? Market share doesn’t wait. Again, I think this industry is playing with fire and it seems Envoy most of all. They’re not reading the tea leaves properly (being PROactive) and there appears too much risk in too many areas for this to have a happy ending, at least IMO. As for AA/Eagle (system), I want them to not only succeed, but to dominate and I think they are making a huge mistake in handling of all this.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 03-13-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 29/7
    Given: 29/13

Ignore User

Most Junior CA in LGA has less than 2200 hours TT. That just seems crazy to me.

Level
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

Insurance “used” to require 3000tt.
    Wondering when and how that was changed?

Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/160
    Given: 0/4

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I do wonder about safety. Not just at Envoy, but all regionals who have no alternative through no fault but their own but to now accept the lowest legally qualified people simply to produce a flight, even if they give them huge amounts of extra training. It used to be that a pilot would have considerable experience before getting to the flight deck of a Part 121 Commercial jet airliner, let alone the captain’s seat, but now and even more so in the future, relative neophytes will be together to run their show and I can’t help but brace myself for the inevitable.

What will the media say when an an accident occurs when a large airliner (50 seats or greater) with a 2500 hour captain and a 1200 hour F/O both new to their jobs even if that wasn’t a major factor ? Even if they change the future rules to lower F/O time back to 250 hours (which will look even worse and which they are hoping to do to help solve their conundrum), that won’t stand after that first accident/issue and then the regional industry rolls over into a death spiral even faster and those legacies most dependent on them like AA, just as fast. It takes many years to set up Ab Initio like Europe and years more to get a steady supply of pilots going and in the interim, they’re toast.

What will the traveling public say ? Market share doesn’t wait. Again, I think this industry is playing with fire and it seems Envoy most of all. They’re not reading the tea leaves properly (being PROactive) and there appears too much risk in too many areas for this to have a happy ending, at least IMO. As for AA/Eagle (system), I want them to not only succeed, but to dominate and I think they are making a huge mistake in handling of all this.
    Once again, for the 50th time in the past 6 years you have forecasted imminent doom for Envoy. It has yet to happen. Need I say more?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Once again, for the 50th time in the past 6 years you have forecasted imminent doom for Envoy. It has yet to happen. Need I say more?
    Once again, for the 500th time you misread my posts and see what you WANT to see. The doom isn't necessarily "imminent", but what IS real is serious RISK. That's not JUST for Envoy, but for the viability of the regional carriers which could come from ANY regional carrier. The issue with Envoy (and thus AA) is that since AAG as opposed to their competitors puts more of its reliance on regionals in this deteriorating environment, this network IMO is more vulnerable then others. An experience-related accident doesn't have to occur at Envoy for this network to suffer more then others either. Anyway, if anyone should be holding their breath, it's you if you're flowing soon my poor misguided friend as being junior at AA with no flow back rights is the most risk of all IMO, and any "SA" job you have at AA won't buy you seniority elsewhere.

I think you should be praying the regional gamble that many airlines are now taking won't claim you as a casualty. Seniority = job security and if it's true you are flowing soon, you'll be essentially bankrupt of job security for the foreseeable future. BTW, you do see that AA is not meeting their hiring numbers so far this year, yes ? Not likely to be able to make up the difference over the summer months so while you (and others) may trumpet that as good, it means less bodies under you and that's not so good.

Again, Caveat Emptor my friend to being VERY junior at a company with $23 Billion in debt and taking serious risks IMO. Just curious, but on a related note, what will be your first proposal to shiv your future fellow pilots to boost your corporate climb ? Have you made up a list of suggestions yet ?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Dacuj....Leave your “office” and come fly with some RTP guys- then maybe you’ll see what we are talking about.
    Last edited by EagleFlight2369; 03-13-2018 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Blah

Level
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 52/33
    Given: 45/4

Ignore User

Dacuj....Leave your “office” and come fly with some RTP guys- then maybe you’ll see what we are talking about.
    I've flown with 3. All did amazing. Absolutely no issues. In fact, they were all better than non chopper guys.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Good to hear! now go thank a Checkairman for that

Banned
    Level
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/8

Ignore User

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Good to hear! now go thank a Checkairman for that
    terima kasih

Banned
    Level
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by bokepid View Post
    terima kasih untuk posting

Banned
    Level
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

terima kasih untuk posting

Banned
    Level
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

ok

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 367/51
    Given: 69/8

Ignore User

ok
    Quoting your self to get your post counts up so you can create your own threads?
    Bubye...
    __________________________________________________ __

Thread Information