Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

AA In the Market for A319's to replace MD80s

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bravo. Another smart move by AA management.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...80-replacement

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Bravo. Another smart move by AA management.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...80-replacement
    They had the opportunity to plan ahead with new orders but failed and now are relegated to beating the bushes looking for any clapped out ones available. Few used birds out there from what I hear, so whatever they can find, they’ll probably get rolled on. Not a good situation for an entity known for low-balling and/or going cheap, eh ? It’s not like they didn’t know the limited situation with the S80. They’re now caught between a rock and a hard place because they need narrow bodies to avoid violating scope as they attempt to feed their RJ jones just as they are about to run dry of pilots to fly them.

It’s yet another example of being behind the ball and reacting, instead of being proactive. On another note, the third uniform has been announced in as many years and many employees haven’t even got the second one yet. Anyone see a pattern here ?
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 03-06-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

It is U.S. airways management. Enough said

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 5/0

Ignore User

Silver lining:

Two jump seats.

Level
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Yes, true.

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 60/7
    Given: 7/6

Ignore User

Found this on another website.

The FAA was informed yesterday that American will acquire lease return 319s

8 of the Aircraft were Pre Frontier Aircraft, with 1 being former Mexicana/ Frontier.

All will be reworked with the entertainment systems removed and Gogo WiFi installed.

2 vendors will do the work, with most being done in El Salvador.

AC will come to the line in 2018/2019.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Found this on another website.

The FAA was informed yesterday that American will acquire lease return 319s

8 of the Aircraft were Pre Frontier Aircraft, with 1 being former Mexicana/ Frontier.

All will be reworked with the entertainment systems removed and Gogo WiFi installed.

2 vendors will do the work, with most being done in El Salvador.

AC will come to the line in 2018/2019.
    I suppose that’s the best they can do. I’ll bet they paid asking rates. Considering the jettison of the remainder of the S80’s and E-190’s, I wonder how many more they’ll have to scrape up to stay within scope ? Considering Dacuj’s disdain for carriers like Frontier, it’s ironic AA has to use Frontier’s leftovers just to solve their own self made conundrum. Perhaps they’ll get some from Spirit and/or Allegiant next ?

Level
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

Or JetBlue, Virgin, or some overseas carrier.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    They should take the Envoy e175s. Jets that size should never be operated by a regional airline.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/7
    Given: 1/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    They should take the Envoy e175s. Jets that size should never be operated by a regional airline.
    1f8e6m.jpg

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    Agreed. I once asked an aa union rep why they won’t take the 175’s. And he said something about it not being worth the fight with everything else going on. This was about two years ago around the time we were voting no.

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    ORD
    A/C Flown
    Jungle Jet
    Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/6
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

It’s fantastic that we get to fly them, but it has no business being flown at the regional airlines level. It’s a mainline aircraft. And btw it’s nothing like a 737.

Level
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Jdflyer View Post
    It’s fantastic that we get to fly them, but it has no business being flown at the regional airlines level. It’s a mainline aircraft. And btw it’s nothing like a 737.
    You're right. It's more like a A320.
    Hahaha man that cubicle keyboard tough guy is a tool

Level
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Jdflyer View Post
    I disagree. Envoy is exactly who should be operating them. And I do agree that it's a mainline aircraft. As I mentioned before, I was in IAH on business a while back and as we turned the corner to park in the A terminal, there were two Airbus and two E175's all sitting together. Coming around the corner, I saw the tails and couldn't tell the difference. When we made the turn, I could see that two were 175's. Granted, one was RAH and the other Compass (for now) but the point is that as someone who knows aviation, I couldn't tell the difference until I got close. You know that Joe Passenger can't tell any difference. I was extremely proud of Envoy in that moment. I can look back to 2006 and see all the positive changes that have come our way. We truly are one company. American.

We wear the same uniforms, fly "NN" registration aircraft, our payroll is processed all at the same place as AMERICAN. The line of difference between Envoy and AA is very blurred now unlike back in the ATR/Saab days when Eagle was flying "puddle jumpers." Now, you start at Envoy and in a few years simply transfer to AA. Good luck with that back in 2006.

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0

Ignore User

Soooo AA shouldn’t be flying the 175s because they look too much like their other birds?

Level
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37

Ignore User

I disagree. Envoy is exactly who should be operating them. And I do agree that it's a mainline aircraft. As I mentioned before, I was in IAH on business a while back and as we turned the corner to park in the A terminal, there were two Airbus and two E175's all sitting together. Coming around the corner, I saw the tails and couldn't tell the difference. When we made the turn, I could see that two were 175's. Granted, one was RAH and the other Compass (for now) but the point is that as someone who knows aviation, I couldn't tell the difference until I got close. You know that Joe Passenger can't tell any difference. I was extremely proud of Envoy in that moment. I can look back to 2006 and see all the positive changes that have come our way. We truly are one company. American.

We wear the same uniforms, fly "NN" registration aircraft, our payroll is processed all at the same place as AMERICAN. The line of difference between Envoy and AA is very blurred now unlike back in the ATR/Saab days when Eagle was flying "puddle jumpers." Now, you start at Envoy and in a few years simply transfer to AA. Good luck with that back in 2006.
    Lot’s of truth on this post...

”very blurred.”
    (pay, extremely blurry)

“Now, you start at Envoy and in a few years simply transfer to AA.

Some 2006 hires are flowing in 2018.
    (More than a decade, absolutely blurry.)

The rest not blurry at all.
    Same company,same issues, just bigger planes.
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 03-08-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

You are describing what is and has been referred to for over 20 years as a “seamless” product for the customer in regards to AA and the “Eagle” system and so nothing is new there. The primary change has been transitional relaxation (and abuse) of Scope to allow a class of jet transport aircraft previously operated by mainline to be done at the regional level. 20 years ago the Eagle carriers (actually carriER) had identical uniforms, centralized payroll, a shared computer system and everything right down to the inflight magazine all identical to AA. What has NOT changed is the management’s philosophy toward pilots and the QWL at both AA and Envoy demonstrates that.

In fact, AA is from a QWL standpoint, becoming closer to the old American Eagle then it is the other legacies moving away from them. Same with Envoy, who now sounds not much different then working for Mesa, GoJets or others. All Envoy has over those carriers is a “flow through” to AA and a very slow one at that, which is slated to become even slower. Absent that candy cane being waved at pilots, Envoy’s new-hire classes would be sparse. To say Envoy IS AA just because you can’t tell some of their jets apart would be saying Republic is AA too and SkyWest is United. To passengers they are (at least to some degree), but to pilots, most certainly not. I understand your desire to spin this like that mixing apples, oranges and lasagna together to try and do that, but only a brainless dope would buy a concept 20 years old and irrelevant to what matters to pilots as something new, distinctive and special.

Thread Information