Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: New Contract at Compass...

  1. #1
    Registered User Pancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Company
    o boy
    Job
    Buttonpusherknobtwisterlevermover
    Posts
    213
    Level
    53
    Points: 6,734, Level: 53
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/0
    Given: 71/5

    Ignore User

    New Contract at Compass...


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler....-new-contract/

    "Compass Airlines, which operates regional flights for American Airlines and Delta Air Lines, announced a new two-year agreement with its pilots union.
    The deal “ensures that Compass remains among the leaders in regional airline pilot pay,” said the airline’s CEO, Rick Leach.
    The new agreement, which runs through 2022, includes pay raises and improved working conditions. It also allows the airline to undertake what it referred to as “new initiatives” that will improve its ability to recruit pilots.
    In addition to improved compensation, newly hired first officers who previously worked at another scheduled airline will be able to carry over their longevity from their former employer. New pilots will also be eligible for a signing bonus.
    The pilots are represented by the Compass Airlines Air Line Pilots Association.
    “With the new increased pay rates, we continue to move forward within the regional industry,” said Capt. Nikolas Wagenknecht, who is the chairman of the union’s master executive council.
    Founded in 2006, Compass is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and serves 50 destinations with a fleet of 56 aircraft."

    Dacuj in 3...2...1... "BUT THEY DON'T HAVE FLOW!!!!!!!!!!"

    How long until Envoy realizes they need to up their game?

  2. #2
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    476
    Level
    60
    Points: 8,039, Level: 60
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/160
    Given: 0/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
    http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler....-new-contract/

    "Compass Airlines, which operates regional flights for American Airlines and Delta Air Lines, announced a new two-year agreement with its pilots union.
    The deal “ensures that Compass remains among the leaders in regional airline pilot pay,” said the airline’s CEO, Rick Leach.
    The new agreement, which runs through 2022, includes pay raises and improved working conditions. It also allows the airline to undertake what it referred to as “new initiatives” that will improve its ability to recruit pilots.
    In addition to improved compensation, newly hired first officers who previously worked at another scheduled airline will be able to carry over their longevity from their former employer. New pilots will also be eligible for a signing bonus.
    The pilots are represented by the Compass Airlines Air Line Pilots Association.
    “With the new increased pay rates, we continue to move forward within the regional industry,” said Capt. Nikolas Wagenknecht, who is the chairman of the union’s master executive council.
    Founded in 2006, Compass is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and serves 50 destinations with a fleet of 56 aircraft."

    Dacuj in 3...2...1... "BUT THEY DON'T HAVE FLOW!!!!!!!!!!"

    How long until Envoy realizes they need to up their game?
    You do realize that Compass is a shrinking carrier right? And.....Envoy is growing. I told you guys last year about the massive growth ahead due to the Air Whisky departure from AAG flying. Guess what? It all came true and then some. How about another hint? West coast 175's owned by AAG. Hmmm....

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    298
    Level
    48
    Points: 5,734, Level: 48
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 5/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Growing means so much more rather than a contract that 1.a CBA that management constantly violates.
    2. Inefficient schedules
    3. Pay rates that are rapidly approaching the bottom of this segment of the industry.
    Etc....

  4. #4
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,415
    Level
    100
    Points: 52,351, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 134/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

  5. #5
    Registered User Vne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Job
    Rented mule
    Posts
    208
    Level
    33
    Points: 3,016, Level: 33
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 13/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The flow was a good thing when it was 5 years - now it is what, 9+ years? AAG better realize that these new guys are looking at their bottom line, their work conditions and the fact that industry retirements are going to negate the flow carrot for a good portion of guys. This isn't the 90's or 00's anymore. But I see we're still being reactive instead of proactive.

    Dacuj, is there a reason there are 140+ FO's on RSV in ORD 145? Seems like a waste of resources.
    Warlord of the crewroom.

  6. #6
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,415
    Level
    100
    Points: 52,351, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 134/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vne View Post
    The flow was a good thing when it was 5 years - now it is what, 9+ years? AAG better realize that these new guys are looking at their bottom line, their work conditions and the fact that industry retirements are going to negate the flow carrot for a good portion of guys. This isn't the 90's or 00's anymore. But I see we're still being reactive instead of proactive.

    Dacuj, is there a reason there are 140+ FO's on RSV in ORD 145? Seems like a waste of resources.
    Maybe because we are down to
    67 145’s and 27 CRJ’s. I guess Compass is not the only “shrinking carrier.”
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 02-27-2018 at 12:30 PM.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    77
    Level
    41
    Points: 4,202, Level: 41
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/5
    Given: 1/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Now they will spin off the WO.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Level
    42
    Points: 4,546, Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vne View Post
    The flow was a good thing when it was 5 years - now it is what, 9+ years? AAG better realize that these new guys are looking at their bottom line, their work conditions and the fact that industry retirements are going to negate the flow carrot for a good portion of guys. This isn't the 90's or 00's anymore. But I see we're still being reactive instead of proactive.

    Dacuj, is there a reason there are 140+ FO's on RSV in ORD 145? Seems like a waste of resources.
    I’ve been told Dfe is at critically low numbers for the seat. As in single digits on any given day. Yet, no movement to Dfw.

  9. #9
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,333
    Level
    96
    Points: 25,448, Level: 96
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 566/34
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't worry, envoy is loved by aag. To alleviate the problem, aag will award more and new flying to slowest.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12
    Level
    27
    Points: 2,029, Level: 27
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 5/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    No, they will just change our name again or fire all of the agents and hire contractors.

  11. #11
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,333
    Level
    96
    Points: 25,448, Level: 96
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 566/34
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Please not another name change.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,480
    Level
    78
    Points: 14,630, Level: 78
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 52/33
    Given: 45/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkvisual View Post
    I’ve been told Dfe is at critically low numbers for the seat. As in single digits on any given day. Yet, no movement to Dfw.
    OCC is zeroed out by 6am daily.

  13. #13
    Registered User Vne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Job
    Rented mule
    Posts
    208
    Level
    33
    Points: 3,016, Level: 33
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 13/4

    Ignore User

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglepilot View Post
    OCC is zeroed out by 6am daily.
    I’m beginning to think we should fly the CRJs over to DAY or CLT in the dead of night and park them on the ramp with signs in the windscreens saying “They’re your problem now, bitches!”
    Warlord of the crewroom.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12
    Level
    27
    Points: 2,029, Level: 27
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 5/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    Please not another name change.
    Initech.

    Oh, yeah. We’re gonna bring in some uh, entry level graduates for us to work in LGA, that’s the usual deal.
    Well, it’s standard operating procedure.

    Lumberg ... her.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,785
    Level
    59
    Points: 7,842, Level: 59
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 205/13
    Given: 66/129

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    You do realize that Compass is a shrinking carrier right? And.....Envoy is growing. I told you guys last year about the massive growth ahead due to the Air Whisky departure from AAG flying. Guess what? It all came true and then some. How about another hint? West coast 175's owned by AAG. Hmmm....
    Another puff of smoke out of your ***. If Envoy is “growing” why are pilots not only reporting marginal fleet numbers, but low staffing in several statuses that have reserve pilot counts at or near zero on a daily basis and after multiple months of supposedly bombshell hiring numbers ?

    West coast 175’s “owned by AAG” ? What does that mean, Mr. bungholio ?

    Just because an aircraft is owned by AAG, doesn’t mean it’s operated by Envoy and even if it is, many Envoy pilots can’t access it because of the fact their contract is worthless. It’s worthless because their “Association” representation is impotent and as such, the management they work for not surprisingly sees that contract as irrelevant. This is something you not only ignore, but tacitly support and that is a cancer on this pilot group. According to you, you will be spreading that cancer over to AA in the scheduling department and if true, I think it’s sad AA pilots are at risk of being infected from that cancer by an ethically bankrupt, self-serving mole willing to spread it among their ranks if it assists his rise in management.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 02-28-2018 at 04:33 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •