Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Good breakdown of the regionals. Iím sure the real cujo wasnít talking about the regionals however

Level
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

Easy on the ripper there Dacuj. Itís not healthy to be that intoxicated this early in the day.
    ďMost prestigious in the worldĒ
    Bwahahaha! What planet are you really on?!

Level
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 205/13
    Given: 66/129

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I respectfully disagree with your assessment. Yes, some of what you say is true in regards to hiring. We know that all regionals are throwing some form of bonus out there for new hires. However, don't be blinded by that money upfront. What will it get you? After year one or two, a potential salary cut and the realization that you are working for a lowball, sweatshop carrier, i.e. Mesa, Trans States, Go Jet, Air Whisky, RAH, etc.
    So you're saying new-hires at Envoy get a raise (will make more money) in year 2 when they wont at the other regionals which you characterize as "sweatshops" compared to Envoy ? LOL ! As far as that sweatshop claim, it's been successfully argued that Envoy's QWL is among the worst out there, so that would make Envoy one of the worst sweatshop regionals itself, wouldn't it ?

What's the difference with Envoy you may ask? The answer is, far and away THE best career path offered in the U.S. for new hires to get to a major carrier. Not just any major carrier either. THE major carrier, largest and most prestigious in the world. So, accept a BS bonus from Mesa, Mesa or any of the carriers above and more only to have to have to live with your decision for the rest of your life? I would put these carriers in the same boat with Spirit, Frontier, Allegiant, etc. as well. As a plus, you have an awesome chance to start, start in a 175. Fully automated, comparable aircraft to an A319 or 73. Take that from ten years ago starting out in a Saab or ATR. We have come a LONG way.
    Nice deflection from the QWL argument. As for AA being the "largest", for now it is, but that's really a meaningless metric for pilots. As for "prestigious", that's a laugh as AA's product is ramping DOWNWARD to more closely match LCC's instead of upward to match premium airlines. But what really matters to pilots is again, compensation, treatment and QWL, all of which at AA are well behind Delta and to a lessor, but still noteworthy degree United and Southwest. If an AA pilots loses their medical, they are better off at even Spirit. Also, comparing apples to oranges in describing the turboprop past is a nice try, but irrelevant in today's regional landscape as the larger regionals all have similar jet equipment, although most Envoy pilots will have to leer at the crown jewel E-175 from a distance unless they non-rev on it.

Even worse. Hiring on at some Part 135 operator for some high flying advertised salary only to find out they have you on call 24/7 and you have to come in and sit in the FBO even if you aren't flying. Plus, absolutely zilch in terms of a defined career path.

The defined career path is THE new thing in aviation and AA is blazing the trail. Why do you think the Envoy interview has turned into an AA interview now? We just don't take every Tom, Dick and Harry that shows up at the door now. Far from it. They have to meet the AA hiring requirements.

There's your reasoning and it's solid. Take it how you like but sometimes the truth hurts.
    Nice pitch, but as usual it's loaded with sugar. The stories regarding training times, including IOE indicate that Envoy may just indeed be taking a few Tom's, Dick's and Harry's. Of course, some of those pilots have previous regional 121, so Envoy has a some breathing room, but not for long. Soon, poaching will dry up and Envoy won't having anything BUT Tom, Dick or Harry (few of which can be street captains, which Envoy will need) and then what ?

The DMG is certainly persistent, that's for sure. It's your only redeeming quality though.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 367/51
    Given: 69/8

Ignore User

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsquatch View Post
    Good breakdown of the regionals. Iím sure the real cujo wasnít talking about the regionals however
    Correct, wasnít comparing other regionals.
    Several non legacies now hiring with starting pay over $100 per hour, which beats AAís $78. Then, at least 2 non legacies with essentially Delta pay rates, no commuting, pilots keep air miles, 100% matching 401k, and with a 3 year upgrade instead of 10 on a widebody youíre into a quarter million a year seven years sooner than an AA flow ever will. At least one offers Home basing with positive space to/from work.

In my case, Iíve got 14+ years in 121 left. Im positive spaced to/from work. No RAP in a Crashpad. No crashpads at all.
    With the upgrade in 3 years here, the best thing AAG ever did was fire me and force me to look elsewhere rather than rely on flow to the lowest paid legacy to commute and Crashpad it until holding a line. Now Iíll retire millions ahead of where I would have been.

Legacies arenít the only games in town anymore. Itís exactly what we said back during the bankruptcy TA. Once the shortage hits, the options of career destinations will blow open, and flow will be little but an insurance policy that likely wonít be needed. It will only improve for pilots going forward.

Everything we told them during the bankruptcy negotiations is happening exactly as we predicted... including the reopening of bases (I was off on NY by 1 month on time to reopen). They began increasing pay and benefits exactly as we said. Theyíve begun the poaching of pilots from other carriers exactly as we predicted. Soon the flow will be a useless selling tool and the value as a backup insurance policy will begin to wane also. As all the other jobs slowly improve and become viable as career options, the flow to a legacy will carry less and less meaning. Theyíll reinstitute intercompany exchange again to make your regional time count towards AA to keep the flow attractive.

The point is the legacies and purple/brown arenít the only real games in town anymore. Even some cool LCCís havenít kept pace and are falling behind. Look around guys; you donít need to tolerate the abusive treatment of AAG to flow. There actually are better options out there now. I never realized how abusive Envoy was until I worked elsewhere. Thereís no excuse for it. Further, since everything they predicted and did has since been proven wrong, itís now proven that this management team does not know how to run an airline. Theyíre oiling the machine somebody else built. It was built during a time of plentiful pilot supply. Hence, theyíre constantly playing catch up and copying somebody else. When confronted with the truth they attack, fabricate, and harass until youíre fired or leave. Itís all they know how to do; while simultaneously proclaiming their ďjust culture.Ē
    LOL

Itís liberating not fearing retaliation anymore.
    There shall certainly be more to come...

Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/160
    Given: 0/4

Ignore User

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    So you're saying new-hires at Envoy get a raise (will make more money) in year 2 when they wont at the other regionals which you characterize as "sweatshops" compared to Envoy ? LOL ! As far as that sweatshop claim, it's been successfully argued that Envoy's QWL is among the worst out there, so that would make Envoy one of the worst sweatshop regionals itself, wouldn't it ?

Nice deflection from the QWL argument. As for AA being the "largest", for now it is, but that's really a meaningless metric for pilots. As for "prestigious", that's a laugh as AA's product is ramping DOWNWARD to more closely match LCC's instead of upward to match premium airlines. But what really matters to pilots is again, compensation, treatment and QWL, all of which at AA are well behind Delta and to a lessor, but still noteworthy degree United and Southwest. If an AA pilots loses their medical, they are better off at even Spirit. Also, comparing apples to oranges in describing the turboprop past is a nice try, but irrelevant in today's regional landscape as the larger regionals all have similar jet equipment, although most Envoy pilots will have to leer at the crown jewel E-175 from a distance unless they non-rev on it.

Nice pitch, but as usual it's loaded with sugar. The stories regarding training times, including IOE indicate that Envoy may just indeed be taking a few Tom's, Dick's and Harry's. Of course, some of those pilots have previous regional 121, so Envoy has a some breathing room, but not for long. Soon, poaching will dry up and Envoy won't having anything BUT Tom, Dick or Harry (few of which can be street captains, which Envoy will need) and then what ?

The DMG is certainly persistent, that's for sure. It's your only redeeming quality though.
    Once again just belching a bunch of smoke while yelling fire. Crying wolf again and it's a puppy in the yard. When will you learn? This board carries a lot of the 10% haters we've discussed ad nauseaum. 90% of your group outside this board are positive and are happy at Envoy and with the opportunities AA offers. In addition to me here, there are other insiders that wholeheartedly agree with me. Dolphinsfan, mav, checksix are guys in the know who visit here on occasion and realize the stupidity of what goes on here. I would advise you start listening to us and focusing on your AA career.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    Correct, wasn’t comparing other regionals.
    Several non legacies now hiring with starting pay over $100 per hour, which beats AA’s $78. Then, at least 2 non legacies with essentially Delta pay rates, no commuting, pilots keep air miles, 100% matching 401k, and with a 3 year upgrade instead of 10 on a widebody you’re into a quarter million a year seven years sooner than an AA flow ever will. At least one offers Home basing with positive space to/from work.

In my case, I’ve got 14+ years in 121 left. Im positive spaced to/from work. No RAP in a Crashpad. No crashpads at all.
    With the upgrade in 3 years here, the best thing AAG ever did was fire me and force me to look elsewhere rather than rely on flow to the lowest paid legacy to commute and Crashpad it until holding a line. Now I’ll retire millions ahead of where I would have been.

Legacies aren’t the only games in town anymore. It’s exactly what we said back during the bankruptcy TA. Once the shortage hits, the options of career destinations will blow open, and flow will be little but an insurance policy that likely won’t be needed. It will only improve for pilots going forward.

Everything we told them during the bankruptcy negotiations is happening exactly as we predicted... including the reopening of bases (I was off on NY by 1 month on time to reopen). They began increasing pay and benefits exactly as we said. They’ve begun the poaching of pilots from other carriers exactly as we predicted. Soon the flow will be a useless selling tool and the value as a backup insurance policy will begin to wane also. As all the other jobs slowly improve and become viable as career options, the flow to a legacy will carry less and less meaning. They’ll reinstitute intercompany exchange again to make your regional time count towards AA to keep the flow attractive.

The point is the legacies and purple/brown aren’t the only real games in town anymore. Even some cool LCC’s haven’t kept pace and are falling behind. Look around guys; you don’t need to tolerate the abusive treatment of AAG to flow. There actually are better options out there now. I never realized how abusive Envoy was until I worked elsewhere. There’s no excuse for it. Further, since everything they predicted and did has since been proven wrong, it’s now proven that this management team does not know how to run an airline. They’re oiling the machine somebody else built. It was built during a time of plentiful pilot supply. Hence, they’re constantly playing catch up and copying somebody else. When confronted with the truth they attack, fabricate, and harass until you’re fired or leave. It’s all they know how to do; while simultaneously proclaiming their “just culture.”
    LOL

It’s liberating not fearing retaliation anymore.
    There shall certainly be more to come...
    Frankly, I’m shocked at your attitude. You were an integral part of defending and a believer when 2.5/6 was implemented. You helped defend against the liars on Internet forums trying to discredit the new facts. After reading your post, I feel like you are one of the detractors we were always fighting against. It’s like I’m waiting for a table at a restaurant and I hear “Bitter, party of one” called and I look up and see you. Disappointing.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Once again just belching a bunch of smoke while yelling fire. Crying wolf again and it's a puppy in the yard. When will you learn? This board carries a lot of the 10% haters we've discussed ad nauseaum. 90% of your group outside this board are positive and are happy at Envoy and with the opportunities AA offers. In addition to me here, there are other insiders that wholeheartedly agree with me. Dolphinsfan, mav, checksix are guys in the know who visit here on occasion and realize the stupidity of what goes on here. I would advise you start listening to us and focusing on your AA career.
    It's funny you essentially list the DMG as your "insiders" who have the pulse of the Envoy pilots. I would expect nothing less from you. The reality is that waiting upwards of 8 years or more to flow to AA is passing up a lot of seniority elsewhere and in fact AA too. If Envoy pilots were accruing seniority at AA, I would acknowledge the flow to be of more value then it is, but without it, spending what amounts to a lifetime in this industry for a ticket to the #3 legacy out of 3 is a fool's errand IMO and I think the more recent Envoy pilots with little invested and facing pay cuts after year 1 should be especially aggressive in considering other options vs. crossed fingers and prayer. For someone who claims this forum is low-hanging fruit of little consequence with a majority of "haters", you sure expend a lot of energy essentially crying that the Earth is flat and Envoy is their utopia.

Sounds to me they don't believe it either.................
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 03-03-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Frankly, Iím shocked at your attitude. You were an integral part of defending and a believer when 2.5/6 was implemented. You helped defend against the liars on Internet forums trying to discredit the new facts. After reading your post, I feel like you are one of the detractors we were always fighting against. Itís like Iím waiting for a table at a restaurant and I hear ďBitter, party of oneĒ called and I look up and see you. Disappointing.
    I did say the 2.5/6 was possible. I was called a waterboy because of it; while at the arbitration the company claimed I was behind the Charlie Bucket campaign saying the 2.5/6 was a lie and hurt their recruiting efforts. So forgive me while I laugh at a company stooge saying I agreed with the company projections and publicly supported them, while the same management you lap dog for claimed I hurt their recruiting efforts. Just shows how little our management really knew. Apparently people only sent management my postings when it wasnít pro company. They certainly portrayed it that way. LOL.

The 2.5/6 has nothing to do with how the pilots at ENY are treated by management. In comparison to other regionals, they are abused. Thatís fact.

2.5/6 has nothing to do with the industry predictions we made in 2013-2015 all of which they ignored and all of which are coming true exactly as predicted.... again highlighting the poor management there.

The flow to AA is becoming less relevant with each new TA at other carriers. My starting pay is $117ph and Iíll upgrade in 3 years to a $230ph seat with a 12 year top step of $295ph. Iíd never see those numbers or upgrade that quickly at AA. Iíll never need a Crashpad either.

Best thing AA/ENY ever did for me was to fire me. Iíll be millions ahead by retirement time. There are better jobs out there now than flow. Itís still a nice backup but is becoming less relevant each day. As I said, theyíll improve it with ICE benefits at some point too. Itís an insurance policy, but is losing value each day. Give it another year or two and flow will be about worthless. Without serious change, AA wonít even be in the top three anymore.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 03-03-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I did say the 2.5/6 was possible. I was called a waterboy because of it; while at the arbitration the company claimed I was behind the Charlie Bucket campaign saying the 2.5/6 was a lie and hurt their recruiting efforts. So forgive me while I laugh at a company stooge saying I agreed with the company projections and publicly supported them, while the same management you lap dog for claimed I hurt their recruiting efforts. Just shows how little our management really knew. Apparently people only sent management my postings when it wasn’t pro company. They certainly portrayed it that way. LOL.

The 2.5/6 has nothing to do with how the pilots at ENY are treated by management. In comparison to other regionals, they are abused. That’s fact.

2.5/6 has nothing to do with the industry predictions we made in 2013-2015 all of which they ignored and all of which are coming true exactly as predicted.... again highlighting the poor management there.

The flow to AA is becoming less relevant with each new TA at other carriers. My starting pay is $117ph and I’ll upgrade in 3 years to a $230ph seat with a 12 year top step of $295ph. I’d never see those numbers or upgrade that quickly at AA. I’ll never need a Crashpad either.

Best thing AA/ENY ever did for me was to fire me. I’ll be millions ahead by retirement time. There are better jobs out there now than flow. It’s still a nice backup but is becoming less relevant each day. As I said, they’ll improve it with ICE benefits at some point too. It’s an insurance policy, but is losing value each day. Give it another year or two and flow will be about worthless. Without serious change, AA won’t even be in the top three anymore.
    Sorry dude. Via doesn't pay that well. You just inflating numbers to make yourself feel better?

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

Ignore User

Cujo. Where did you land?

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Robsquatch View Post
    Cujo. Where did you land?
    B767 - still in training. PM for additional details.
    Yes... we’re hiring.....
    home based - positive space to trip, pilot keeps points. Flights over 3 hours business class or better. No ready reserve. Long call from home. Short call only if provided a hotel. You keep hotel points. Insurance, 100% paid for employee and 80% for family. 100% match on 401k. Upgrade is 3 years. No junior manning on days off. Ridiculous mad money paid if extended while on trip. Max scheduled duty is 16 a month. As elsewhere, higher seniority buys more days off. First year min guarantee works out to $108,480. The third year upgrade and min guarantee works out to $220,800 a year. Top pay is $297ph and 80 hour guarantee, that’s $283k a year min.
    Go look at legacy 767 pay and then factor in no crashpads, no commuting, and keeping all the award points/miles from your flights and hotels.

the new rates
    C8337118-FCA6-4051-B13F-5BE9C7D9682F.jpg
    Last edited by Cujo665; 03-03-2018 at 03:45 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Sorry dude. Via doesn't pay that well. You just inflating numbers to make yourself feel better?
    Sorry. Traded the E145 for a B767 very recently. However, I did make more at Via as a new hire CA than I did as a 10 year Envoy CA. I also didn’t have to do reserve or worry about crashpad or commuting. They are a decent company and are not abusive towards their pilots, the end result - we all pulled together to help the company succeed. A lesson AAG/ENY could certainly learn from.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 03-03-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

LOL !!!

Once again you think you got it all figured out, only to be proven you are clueless. Sounds Like the real "Cuj" has landed on his feet and will be ahead of the game from where he'd be at Envoy/AA. That's an excellent point about the future for aspiring pilots though. The point is the market for pilots is HERE.........................NOW ! You don't have to wait almost a decade for promises, the sun doesn't rise and set at AA and you don't have to do the next 8 years being unappreciated and abused. In 5 years, the pilot shortage will have past "sweatshops" as you call them and will be knocking on the legacies door and of all the carriers at most risk, it is AA exactly BECAUSE of their retirement schedule............that and spine snapping debt. Envoy will be long into hysterical crisis mode by then and likely either divested, merged or acquired.

Your idols in their zeal and zest to crush the pilots they obviously hate have ended up becoming just like poor Captain Tupolev trying to sink Ramius, but instead end up sinking themselves. AA and Envoy will need a LARGE percentage of available pilots in the future and I can't see either being anywhere near as attractive as you represent. Who knows, perhaps AAG will sell part of AA to Cujo's employer and you can pull gear for him in the future ?

Company
    Envoy
    Base
    DFW
    Job
    FO
    A/C Flown
    Emj
    Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 2/0

Ignore User

Mic Drop Cujo. I'm not really for or against all this he said she said stuff I just read for the entertainment. If your happy stay here if not move the f--k on. This place has some negatives but also some positives for me positive outweighs the negative. If that goes opposite I guarantee I won't be sitting typing on this thread bi---ing about it. I will move the f--k on. It's a job sometimes it sucks sometimes it's great that's what a job is. Some people work jobs they are never happy with. My 2 cents anyway

Company
    envoy
    Job
    First Officer soon to be Captain
    A/C Flown
    E175!
    Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I respectfully disagree with your assessment. Yes, some of what you say is true in regards to hiring. We know that all regionals are throwing some form of bonus out there for new hires. However, don't be blinded by that money upfront. What will it get you? After year one or two, a potential salary cut and the realization that you are working for a lowball, sweatshop carrier, i.e. Mesa, Trans States, Go Jet, Air Whisky, RAH, etc.

What's the difference with Envoy you may ask? The answer is, far and away THE best career path offered in the U.S. for new hires to get to a major carrier. Not just any major carrier either. THE major carrier, largest and most prestigious (REGIONAL) in the world. So, accept a BS bonus from Mesa, Mesa or any of the carriers above and more only to have to have to live with your decision for the rest of your life? I would put these carriers in the same boat with Spirit, Frontier, Allegiant, etc. as well. As a plus, you have an awesome chance to start, start in a 175. Fully automated, comparable aircraft to an A319 or 73. Take that from ten years ago starting out in a Saab or ATR. We have come a LONG way.

Even worse. Hiring on at some Part 135 operator for some high flying advertised salary only to find out they have you on call 24/7 and you have to come in and sit in the FBO even if you aren't flying. Plus, absolutely zilch in terms of a defined career path.

The defined career path is THE new thing in aviation and AA is blazing the trail. Why do you think the Envoy interview has turned into an AA interview now? We just don't take every Tom, Dick and Harry that shows up at the door now. Far from it. They have to meet the AA hiring requirements.

There's your reasoning and it's solid. Take it how you like but sometimes the truth hurts.

Fixed it for you.Thats according to my mentor btw.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbers View Post
    Mic Drop Cujo. I'm not really for or against all this he said she said stuff I just read for the entertainment. If your happy stay here if not move the f--k on. This place has some negatives but also some positives for me positive outweighs the negative. If that goes opposite I guarantee I won't be sitting typing on this thread bi---ing about it. I will move the f--k on. It's a job sometimes it sucks sometimes it's great that's what a job is. Some people work jobs they are never happy with. My 2 cents anyway
    Good for you. Of course, not EVERYONE is unhappy at Envoy as to believe that would be drinking from the same cup of B.S. as the DMG. But, Cujo's post proves that other pilot employers are moving forward with understanding they'd better make an effort to keep their pilots as soon, that will be their biggest source of pilot personnel - the retained pilot. Pretty soon, MANY MORE carriers will have surpassed AA in overall pilot compensation and most importantly treatment and AA will truly be an "also ran" in that department, let alone Envoy. The question is when, if ever, will AAG actually change the culture with its pilots to ensure its competitive survival ?

AMR/AAG have always been industry followers and I assume will wait until the last minute. I just hope that's not too late, because if the AA regional system collapses too fast, there's nothing in airplanes or pilots to replace it fast enough and AA then becomes much weaker and quickly. Not good for a company to lose major feed revenue when already saddled with as much debt as they are. Read Cujo's job highlights again and tell me if AA can come close to that not just in content, but in Spirit ?

Sounds like it will be a great employer and he'll be a valued team member instead of a brick in the backpack.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 03-03-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbers View Post

I guess you don’t know the whole back story; that’s fine... but for those that do; your post is the real mike drop.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I guess you don’t know the whole back story; that’s fine... but for those that do; your post is the real mike drop.
    Obviously he has little emotional connection to Envoy, hence the "once I'm gone, you'll never hear from me again" position. That's too bad. Perhaps if more pilots DID have some emotional connection into carriers (or their successors) they once worked for, they'd have more concern with friends who still do work there, especially if it's tied to somewhere they want to go. But, that proves he like many pilots really don't care that much about Envoy and its simply a means to an end. After all, that's why his union appears AWOL in defending the contractual abuse his existence is known for. Problem is, if that "end" is AA, it's no different there then Envoy I can assure you in that too many pilots there really don't give a **** about anyone but themselves. Not a good place to be if you're junior as you'll be the first bathwater thrown out by your reps and those senior when things go South.

Don't know how big your new pilot group is, but hopefully they will become closer with a new TA, both with their company and those they work with. A house divided against itself never prospers and that includes within a pilot group and between pilots and their management. Congrats again on a smooth landing in the touchdown zone.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I did say the 2.5/6 was possible. I was called a waterboy because of it; while at the arbitration the company claimed I was behind the Charlie Bucket campaign saying the 2.5/6 was a lie and hurt their recruiting efforts. So forgive me while I laugh at a company stooge saying I agreed with the company projections and publicly supported them, while the same management you lap dog for claimed I hurt their recruiting efforts. Just shows how little our management really knew. Apparently people only sent management my postings when it wasn’t pro company. They certainly portrayed it that way. LOL.

The 2.5/6 has nothing to do with how the pilots at ENY are treated by management. In comparison to other regionals, they are abused. That’s fact.

The flow to AA is becoming less relevant with each new TA at other carriers. My starting pay is $117ph and I’ll upgrade in 3 years to a $230ph seat with a 12 year top step of $295ph. I’d never see those numbers or upgrade that quickly at AA. I’ll never need a Crashpad either.

Best thing AA/ENY ever did for me was to fire me. I’ll be millions ahead by retirement time. There are better jobs out there now than flow. It’s still a nice backup but is becoming less relevant each day. As I said, they’ll improve it with ICE benefits at some point too. It’s an insurance policy, but is losing value each day. Give it another year or two and flow will be about worthless. Without serious change, AA won’t even be in the top three anymore.
    I'm sorry but you are trying to put lipstick on a pig here. 767? Sure, OK. I'll go with that for a minute. Yeah, if you can pass training, at least you might be a bit more comfortable not having to shoehorn yourself into a Via 145 cockpit. Now, back to reality. Sounds like a fly by night operator off 36th St in Miami.

Let me point out that the punchbowl that you are looking at through rose colored glasses has floaters in it OK? Not ice either. If you do indeed make it online, you will be flying for a crap operator who can lose their contract and unceremoniously dump your ass. What do they have? 6 airplanes. Let's be clear we aren't talking about an American Airlines 767.

If you are seriously trying to talk up this gig like it's the equivalent of being an AA pilot, and that's what it sounds like, your are sorely mistaken. You do know that American Airlines is the largest carrier in the world right? There is NO prestige like flying for AA. AA is a career. This, you are mentioning is nothing more than a band aid.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/6
    Given: 2/1

Ignore User

I'm sorry but you are trying to put lipstick on a pig here. 767? Sure, OK. I'll go with that for a minute. Yeah, if you can pass training, at least you might be a bit more comfortable not having to shoehorn yourself into a Via 145 cockpit. Now, back to reality. Sounds like a fly by night operator off 36th St in Miami.

Let me point out that the punchbowl that you are looking at through rose colored glasses has floaters in it OK? Not ice either. If you do indeed make it online, you will be flying for a crap operator who can lose their contract and unceremoniously dump your ass. What do they have? 6 airplanes. Let's be clear we aren't talking about an American Airlines 767.

If you are seriously trying to talk up this gig like it's the equivalent of being an AA pilot, and that's what it sounds like, your are sorely mistaken. You do know that American Airlines is the largest carrier in the world right? There is NO prestige like flying for AA. AA is a career. This, you are mentioning is nothing more than a band aid.

Dude never in a million years would I s**t on a another pilots career choice. Not cool. Lotsa respect for all here but you are seriously gonna get more smack down here than you normally get.

Thread Information