Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vne View Post
    Dacuj, for a week or so there you were civil - the discourse was refreshing. Engaging, actually. However, you've started to sound like all that matters is the thickness or color of your business card, the font and/or lack of watermark...Push the keyboard back and have a sip of decaf. Go outside or something...

Probably had something to do with an AAG psych evaluation on if they really wanted him in the office.

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0

Ignore User

Someone said the other day that PSA is flowing 2013 hires. Any truth to that???

Level
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 52/33
    Given: 45/4

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by xpanterica View Post
    Yes.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/49

Ignore User

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    You’ve already stated that in a previous post. It missed then too. Zero points for originality to add for your meaningless blowhole mist on relevant content.
    Who cares what you think. As for the post above "group of retards." I think you know you fit into that group you old codger.

Level
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 205/13
    Given: 66/129

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsFan View Post
    Who cares what you think. As for the post above "group of retards." I think you know you fit into that group you old codger.
    Obviously you do or a “retard” like me wouldn’t keep sucking you in. Face it........without me, your blowhole would go unused.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

Ignore User

That sounds like a rule 32

Level
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 566/34
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Age discrimination, tiss, tiss, tiss.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by xpanterica View Post
    They’ll be to 2014 new hires before the year is out if my info is correct. Yippeeeeeee. Bastards.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by copycopy View Post
    They’ll be to 2014 new hires before the year is out if my info is correct. Yippeeeeeee. Bastards.
    Amazing.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/2
    Given: 1/1

Ignore User

He’s tugging your collective nuts....there is no SA scheduling position for highly qualified ass-kissers at AA, especially that would be pre-offered to a flow-thru who hasn’t flown the line and has little knowledge of AA scheduling.

All you need to know is that he claims to be a pilot who is excited about not flying for a year so he can sit in a windowless office, while colluding with other non-pilots to find innovative ways to poke real pilots.
    Last edited by TheRaven; 02-26-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/160
    Given: 0/4

Ignore User

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven View Post
    He’s tugging your collective nuts....there is no SA scheduling position for highly qualified ass-kissers at AA, especially that would be pre-offered to a flow-thru who hasn’t flown the line and has little knowledge of AA scheduling.

All you need to know is that he claims to be a pilot who is excited about not flying for a year so he can sit in a windowless office, while colluding with other non-pilots to find innovative ways to poke real pilots.
    How would you know? Because you are a general line AA pilot, now you are an expert on their SA department? I happen to have experience in working with scheduling in one of my previous union positions here which more than qualifies me for what they are looking for.

And yes, they most certainly do have an SA team of 6 that works with trying to improve the pairings for a overall new implementation into the system hopefully late next year. It helps that I worked in the past with the head of this SA team on a project regarding Envoy schedules.

Level
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    How would you know? Because you are a general line AA pilot, now you are an expert on their SA department? I happen to have experience in working with scheduling in one of my previous union positions here which more than qualifies me for what they are looking for.

And yes, they most certainly do have an SA team of 6 that works with trying to improve the pairings for a overall new implementation into the system hopefully late next year. It helps that I worked in the past with the head of this SA team on a project regarding Envoy schedules.
    And now we have proof that you suck at your job.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

That's righteous!

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post

This explains so much. This is why you never acknowledge how crappy the schedules are. Cause you had a direct affect on my (correction gooseur) quality of life. I prey to god you don’t bring your b.s. ideas over to aa. I can’t handle your pessimism for the rest of my career. And yes, your pessimistic. You blankly don’t give a rats ass about your fellow pilots.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    And now we have proof that you suck at your job.
    Actually, I would argue he is very effective at his job. That’s because his job DOES NOT involve fair treatment for line pilots. Good for him.......not so good for you. If you’re flowing to AA, he has gleefully announced his future of doing the same at AA for pilots there as he has done at Envoy for present pilots here.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkvisual View Post
    This explains so much. This is why you never acknowledge how crappy the schedules are. Cause you had a direct affect on my (correction gooseur) quality of life. I prey to god you don’t bring your b.s. ideas over to aa. I can’t handle your pessimism for the rest of my career. And yes, your pessimistic. You blankly don’t give a rats ass about your fellow pilots.
    Parasites always look for a new host once their present one is drained of anything useful for them.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 367/51
    Given: 69/8

Ignore User

There is life after Eagle. Yes, for some the flow is the only way out and up. However, if you keep working hard, networking, and never ever give up you do eventually find a great job; and there are more and more great jobs happening everyday. The pilot shortage is creating a rising tide that is lifting all boats. A flow to a legacy isn't the only big money option anymore. Plenty of places will actually provide a higher earning potential now due to much earlier upgrade times. Several are even having first year pay over $100 an hour now which beats all three legacy carriers. You just need to look around carefully, and never give up.
    __________________________________________________ __

Level
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

Get out while you can. God forbid you turn into a bitter lifer waiting for your representation to grow some balls and actually put some pressure on management for wage, and QOL improvements.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I truly doubt he is waiting he has moved on

Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/160
    Given: 0/4

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
    There is life after Eagle. Yes, for some the flow is the only way out and up. However, if you keep working hard, networking, and never ever give up you do eventually find a great job; and there are more and more great jobs happening everyday. The pilot shortage is creating a rising tide that is lifting all boats. A flow to a legacy isn't the only big money option anymore. Plenty of places will actually provide a higher earning potential now due to much earlier upgrade times. Several are even having first year pay over $100 an hour now which beats all three legacy carriers. You just need to look around carefully, and never give up.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I respectfully disagree with your assessment. Yes, some of what you say is true in regards to hiring. We know that all regionals are throwing some form of bonus out there for new hires. However, don't be blinded by that money upfront. What will it get you? After year one or two, a potential salary cut and the realization that you are working for a lowball, sweatshop carrier, i.e. Mesa, Trans States, Go Jet, Air Whisky, RAH, etc.

What's the difference with Envoy you may ask? The answer is, far and away THE best career path offered in the U.S. for new hires to get to a major carrier. Not just any major carrier either. THE major carrier, largest and most prestigious in the world. So, accept a BS bonus from Mesa, Mesa or any of the carriers above and more only to have to have to live with your decision for the rest of your life? I would put these carriers in the same boat with Spirit, Frontier, Allegiant, etc. as well. As a plus, you have an awesome chance to start, start in a 175. Fully automated, comparable aircraft to an A319 or 73. Take that from ten years ago starting out in a Saab or ATR. We have come a LONG way.

Even worse. Hiring on at some Part 135 operator for some high flying advertised salary only to find out they have you on call 24/7 and you have to come in and sit in the FBO even if you aren't flying. Plus, absolutely zilch in terms of a defined career path.

The defined career path is THE new thing in aviation and AA is blazing the trail. Why do you think the Envoy interview has turned into an AA interview now? We just don't take every Tom, Dick and Harry that shows up at the door now. Far from it. They have to meet the AA hiring requirements.

There's your reasoning and it's solid. Take it how you like but sometimes the truth hurts.

Thread Information