Received: 10/134
    Given: 0/3

Ignore User

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by snippercr View Post
    Great click bait thread title. Would follow again. AAAA++++. #buzzfeed

You may also like...

[Page 1/4]
    Nootpilot should be LowIQpilot. He's really dumb. Just as dumb as somebody going to Spirit over AA.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 131/36
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Nootpilot should be LowIQpilot. He's really dumb. Just as dumb as somebody going to Spirit over AA.
    Hey man remember....I am in your team, and I have been at Sprit gates all day showing them all your posts, and telling them the same words, you are telling us, trying to convince them to come over....off course for the $5,000...but I donít know why they laugh at me...and call me Forest. Do you want to go with me, and help me...I am pretty sure they will not call you names or laugh at you... But I am going to keep trying....I know, I have an Idea 💡I am going to tell them, that I am Capt. Dacuj. And maybe, instead of 72...we can have 100 for next class....well...have to go, here comes another pilot.😳🤪💭🏇🏿💰
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 01-31-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Newbie Member
    Level
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

Ignore User

If Spirit called me with a job offer, you bet I would go! Flow has absolutely no value to me. I am being forced to a base that is difficult to commute to. My upgrade in seat is a downgrade in pay and QOL.

That new Spirit contract looks better and better to me every day!

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 197/11
    Given: 20/83

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    Hey man remember....I am in your team, and I have been at Sprit gates all day showing them all your posts, and telling them the same words, you are telling us, trying to convince them to come over....off course for the $5,000...but I don’t know why they laugh at me...and call me Forest. Do you want to go with me, and help me...I am pretty sure they will not call you names or laugh at you... But I am going to keep trying....I know, I have an Idea ��I am going to tell them, that I am Capt. Dacuj. And maybe, instead of 72...we can have 100 for next class....well...have to go, here comes another pilot.������������
    Again, notice his first instinct when factual information occurs that is against his agenda is to resort to childish insults and offer nothing of substance. As I’ve said in the past, the pilot shortage is and will force AA and the Eagle WO’s competition to step up and recognize their pilots not because they love them, but because they have no choice. Pilots are rapidly becoming a precious resource and carriers like Spirit and Endeavor recognize that. It’s strictly a protective business situation. More carriers will follow. AA is steadily being passed up as a carrier that competitively compensates their pilots and Envoy is among the regional ‘also ran’s’, that without a flow (which is of questionable value due to time required), would get comparatively few pilots in the door.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 01-31-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Registered User No Tuna In Cockpit's Avatar
    Job
    Button Pusher
    Level
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 21/2
    Given: 24/19

Ignore User

This analogy is very situation dependent. Of course, if someone had a CJO from both AA and Spirit, they would be pretty dumb to take the Spirit offer. On the other hand, a low-time FO at Envoy would be pretty dumb to pass up an offer to go to Spirit instead of waiting 8+ years to flow to AA - this would really apply to anyone who has at least 3 or 4 years to go until flow.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by No Tuna In Cockpit View Post
    This analogy is very situation dependent. Of course, if someone had a CJO from both AA and Spirit, they would be pretty dumb to take the Spirit offer. On the other hand, a low-time FO at Envoy would be pretty dumb to pass up an offer to go to Spirit instead of waiting 8+ years to flow to AA - this would really apply to anyone who has at least 3 or 4 years to go until flow.
    I think it’s a mistake to automatically assume a pilot would be dumb to take Spirit over AA. A pilot if hired at Spirit in the near future would likely make more money due to advancement to Captain faster and if he/she lost their medical, would be substantially better off with Spirits disability. Scheduling and treatment is arguably no worse at Spirit and may be superior in some respects. The two primary areas AA would be superior would be the ability to eventually fly widebodies and more domicile choices.

Registered User No Tuna In Cockpit's Avatar
    Job
    Button Pusher
    Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 21/2
    Given: 24/19

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    I think it’s a mistake to automatically assume a pilot would be dumb to take Spirit over AA. A pilot if hired at Spirit in the near future would likely make more money due to advancement to Captain faster and if he/she lost their medical, would be substantially better off with Spirits disability. Scheduling and treatment is arguably no worse at Spirit and may be superior in some respects. The two primary areas AA would be superior would be the ability to eventually fly widebodies and more domicile choices.
    Of course my assumption is made in general - someone may have a specific reason that Spirit would be better (Someone in their mid to late 50's, for example). And AA contract talks come up next year - who knows how things like disability at AA will look 2 years from now? Could be a hell of a lot better than Spirit's. Unfortunately, no one has a crystal ball, especially certain people in this forum....

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Of course my assumption is made in general - someone may have a specific reason that Spirit would be better (Someone in their mid to late 50's, for example). And AA contract talks come up next year - who knows how things like disability at AA will look 2 years from now? Could be a hell of a lot better than Spirit's. Unfortunately, no one has a crystal ball, especially certain people in this forum....
    Agreed, no crystal balls. No guarantees AA pilots will get much in any contract areas, except perhaps pay rates. No guarantee on timeline either on whatever they do get. On aspect that IS known is AA’s debt and its concurrent ability to adapt to the market being constrained by aircraft/pilot resources both at mainline and regional and ability to expand and/or adjust. IMO, the carrier with the most risk going forward is AA should issues or situations occur that negatively impact the industry. Actually, one of AAG’s best options in those situations at both mainline and the regional is the ability to outsource, but that’s not good for pilots at either operation.

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

No, an Envoy pilot of any seniority would be DUMB to leave for Spirit with AA waiting in the wings.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Agreed, no crystal balls. No guarantees AA pilots will get much in any contract areas, except perhaps pay rates. No guarantee on timeline either on whatever they do get. On aspect that IS known is AA’s debt and its concurrent ability to adapt to the market being constrained by aircraft/pilot resources both at mainline and regional and ability to expand and/or adjust. IMO, the carrier with the most risk going forward is AA should issues or situations occur that negatively impact the industry. Actually, one of AAG’s best options in those situations at both mainline and the regional is the ability to outsource, but that’s not good for pilots at either operation.
    Now that you have been force retired, you are bashing AA and making it seem like a horrible place to be.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    Hey man remember....I am in your team, and I have been at Sprit gates all day showing them all your posts, and telling them the same words, you are telling us, trying to convince them to come over....off course for the $5,000...but I don’t know why they laugh at me...and call me Forest. Do you want to go with me, and help me...I am pretty sure they will not call you names or laugh at you... But I am going to keep trying....I know, I have an Idea I am going to tell them, that I am Capt. Dacuj. And maybe, instead of 72...we can have 100 for next class....well...have to go, here comes another pilot.浪
    Oh wow. You should be a stand up comedian. Wait, you don't have enough sense for that. When they were passing out ass you thought they said gas and went and got your lawn mower.

Level
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Ignore User

????????? He has finally broken

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

No, an Envoy pilot of any seniority would be DUMB to leave for Spirit with AA waiting in the wings.
    Once again you make a blanket statement, but offer no specifics. If anything demonstrates abject stupidity, it's that. I've offered some reasons why I think some Envoy pilots wouldn't be dumb to choose Spirit over AA and to say that an Envoy pilot of ANY seniority (meaning EVERY Envoy pilot regardless of circumstances) should do X or not do Y is ridiculous, but looking ridiculous is your specialty. BTW, we are all STILL waiting for you to man up and provide the attrition data asked by several in the past. Just like Judge Smails says................

"WELL................WE'RE WAITING !".

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Now that you have been force retired, you are bashing AA and making it seem like a horrible place to be.
    Ahh............you've been making that same baseless claim about me BEFORE I supposedly "force retired", so what has changed ? You make it sound like something new.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Oh wow. You should be a stand up comedian. Wait, you don't have enough sense for that. When they were passing out ass you thought they said gas and went and got your lawn mower.
    The post of an emotional 11 year old.

Again.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

The post of an emotional 11 year old.

Again.
    Your posts are of an emotionally wrung out 65 year old who missed the boat and got lucky at the very tail end. How long were you at AA? Like 4 years tops? Must really hurt for you to come on to the forums CONSTANTLY bashing Envoy, calling it a s**thole and talking down AA like it's way past its heyday. Got news for you. Envoy and AA both just hitting the heyday right now. Too bad you missed out.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Your posts are of an emotionally wrung out 65 year old who missed the boat and got lucky at the very tail end. How long were you at AA? Like 4 years tops? Must really hurt for you to come on to the forums CONSTANTLY bashing Envoy, calling it a s**thole and talking down AA like it's way past its heyday. Got news for you. Envoy and AA both just hitting the heyday right now. Too bad you missed out.
    I stand corrected.

That's a 9 year old.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/3

Ignore User

If you really want to go there, find someone you know who works there. They’re getting improvements in pay etc, but they’re also going to PBS. Lots of those guys bank off of conflicts. PBS will eliminate that. PBS works fine, and most of the horror stories, aren’t true. You just need to take the time to learn it. With that, PBS also works better if you have more pairings to work with. Spirit as a whole, isn’t really that big. So each of their bases are only going to have so much to work with. Probably not the end of the world either. Also take into consideration that they do lots of Red eye flights. If you’ve never had the pleasure of doing those, they’re tough on your body. You can say all day long well I’m a night person, etc. once again, until you’ve done it, you won’t know. If that’s all you do, probably not so bad, but as a reserve person initially, you’ll bounce all over the place from day, night all night etc. they’re even worse if they’re embedded in a trip.

So take into account everything before going oh, look at what they got etc. Total package, because you’ll be looking to make a jump without making another jump if you can. I do know people who work there, and they like it, but the common response is we need to get paid more.

Thread Information